Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Magic Trick- Magicians From Another Universe (IC)(Accepting)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Magic Trick- Magicians From Another Universe (IC)(Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

With summer vacation drawing to a close and high school looming just overhead, Sarah was busy finishing up her summer reading. Well, she was supposed to be, but had instead ditched The Odyssey for the woods, a mesh bag slung over her shoulder containing a towel and goggles. She wore her favorite jeans, which were just tight enough at the waist and not too hindering to her legs, along with a yellow t-shirt with a picture of two dinosaurs on the front, one with a smug look and the other, angry, with a red handprint on its cheek. The caption below it read, “I didn’t slap you, I high-fived your face.” Over her ears were her headphones which were currently playing a calming piano piece that, coincidentally, made her think of walking through the woods. On her feet were her only pair of blue sneakers with ankle socks just peeking over the tops. She walked through a thin trail cut through the woods, which lead all the way from Raidersville’s border fence to the lake, that had been worn down over the years by walkers past and present.

Her ponytail swung from side to side as she stepped in time to the music, hopping over the occasional rock or fallen branch, until she came upon the shore of the lake. Once she selected a good spot for her things she slung her bag onto the ground and stripped down to her swimsuit, a red-and-yellow one-piece, switching out her headphones for the waterproof earbuds that had come with the Mp3 player. Plugging the earbuds into her ears and clipping her music onto her swimsuit, she trotted into the lake, taking a while to get used to the chilly water before diving in, brushing the water from her eyes after resurfacing. She leaned back and started to float, listening with bliss to her music, which had now changed to a techno piece. She drummed her fingers on the water to the beat, enjoying the contrast in temperature of the mid-afternoon sun and the cool lake water. Ah, summer, she thought. If only it could last forever. But then again, what does? She smirked, beginning to imagine a world where nothing ever ended. TV shows, lives, paintings, so many things that are supposed to end, what would they be like? She began to kick lazily, propelling herself forward ever-so-slowly. Wait, TV shows… I saw a bit of that Odyssey movie on TV a while ago, didn’t I? Oh, crap, I’d really better finish that book… oh, it can wait. I’m almost halfway done anyway. Besides, if all else fails, I could just ask someone about the basic plot.

Satisfied, she rolled over and dove beneath the surface, the music switching to a J-rock piece. Realizing that she had forgotten her goggles, she made her way to the shore, stepping into shallow water as she surfaced, wiping her eyes as she fumbled about for her goggles. She slipped them on and returned to the water, sighing, “What a peaceful day. Nothing at all happened… knock on wood! Knock on wood!” She flailed for the shore, sprinting for the edge of the clearing to reach the trees and prevent a racur, which with her luck would be inevitable after her declaring her contentment. She fell to her knees in front of a large willow and knocked on it several times, sighing and laughing when she finished. “Ah, good. Now I can relax.” Suddenly, she heard a creak and looked up. The tree she was kneeling in front of was starting leaning toward her, the roots behind it pulling out of the ground. She gasped and flailed, rolling to the side into a run to dodge it, which she did just barely, the willow crashing to the ground, kicking up a cloud of dirt and sand. She put her hand over her heart, panting slowly. “Oh.. okay, it’s time to go home,” she declared, and wasted no time drying off and putting her day clothes back on, switching the earbuds out for the headphones. Quickly, she made her way back down the trail she came, stepping in time to a bouncy violin piece.

((Here's the OOC if you want to join- magic-trick-magicians-from-another-universe-ooc-t33836.html))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Jake sat lazily in a tree hidden in the forest, it was just how he liked to spend his afternoons. His hands cushioned his head, and his left leg swung over the edge of the branch he sat daydreaming on. As usual, his black hair was messy. And, although it was summer, he wore a simple pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a navy blue zip-up sweatshirt- unzipped. He had no desire to go swimming in the nearby lake. Jake didn't get hot very easily, even when temperatures reached somewhere near the 90's.

Suddenly, something snapped his from his thoughts and back to reality. A splash. Quickly, and quietly, he jumped down from the tree to investigate. Careful not to be seen, he peeked around another tree to have a look at the lake. There, he saw someone swimming- a girl. Jake was sure he had seen her somewhere before... Oh, what was her name?

When she got out of the water, Jake sneaked to a nearby tree. "Knock on wood! Knock on wood!" she cried, confusing Jake slightly. After she knocked on the tree, she sighed and said something to herself. Then, the tree fell down, almost hitting her.
As she started to leave, he called out to her. "Well, I've never actually seen someone knock the tree down while trying to prevent jinxing themselves." Despite the fact the tree had almost come down on her, Jake found it all quite amusing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Katarina stood on a cliff overlooking the beach, she sighed happily as the warm yet cold ocean breeze hugged her body and blew her hair back. She looked down and noticed she had a bit of sand in her open-toed high-heeled shoe. she bend halfway down and brushed it off. Katarina knew she was different that most people; she could levitate herslef and objects, it was sort of like telekinesis but it wasn't at the same time. it's hard to explain it just is. Katarina floated a bit in the air and gently sat herself on the edge of the cliff.

She looked down and noticed to people talking. "don't they go to my school." she began in her light scottish accent. "i think theh do." she chuckled to herslef and watched the girl fumble about and then the guy talking to her.

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Sarah jumped three feet when she heard someone calling to her, fumbling for the pause button on her music. She lowered her headphones to hang around her neck and looked around for whoever had spoken. Spotting a boy perched in a tree a ways off. She couldn't see his face too well through the branches, but she thought to herself to try to remember his voice when he spoke. "Uh, buh, y-you saw that?" She chuckled nervously. "Well, yeah, I'm pretty much one of the unluckiest people on the planet. So, uh..." she curled a lock of wet hair on her finger, hoping to avoid an awkward silence. "You out here for any particular reason? Or, you know, are you just kind of killing time?"

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Re: Magic Trick- Magicians From Another Universe (IC)(Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Jake jumped down from the branch he sat on, and brushed a few leaves off his sweatshirt. "All I have is time to kill!" he laughed. He didn't have anywhere to go that night, nothing to do... as always. He hardly ever attended the school he was enrolled in, and didn't hang out with too many people. Now that summer was almost over, his life would just become that much more boring.

"You look familiar," he said, "where have I seen you before?"

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos_Rose on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Even now that Sarah could get a good look at the boy's face, she still didn't quite know who he was, though it seemed like she'd heard his voice somewhere before. Some people remembered faces, some people remembered names, she just remembered voices. It was quite the odd predicament when she tried to describe a person to someone, saying, "That one guy with the gravelly voice that's just a little bit high for a man," and not understanding at all when the person she was speaking to had absolutely no idea who she was talking about.

"Well, hmm. I'm not all that sure, but... Oh, wasn't it that one time at the grocery? I dropped a carton of milk and it spilled everywhere; I'm pretty sure that you were there too, but I'm not completely certain."

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 am

Aidan stood at the cash register, reading a book while passing the time. He worked at a bookstore as his one source of income. This was a good source of income - only if people actually bought books. Usually they just read some of the book, then put it back and left. Sometimes though, a person comes in and buys a rather large amount of books and generates a lot of income for the store. Aidan looked up from his book to look at the TV up in the right hand corner, suspended from the ceiling. The TV just displayed people walking in and out of the store; it really wasn't useful unless someone actually stole a book, and Aidan knew that that would seldom happen.

Just as Aidan looked back at his book, he heard a quiet, rather silent creak.

"Shoot," Aidan mumbled, looking at the bookshelf that was directly in his view. The bookshelf creaked again, wiggling a little bit. A teenage boy stood in front of the bookcase, reading a book and not noticing the wobbling bookcase that was about to topple over.

"Today's my lucky day, as usual," he said, closing his eyes. Thoughts ran through his mind, trying to find the person that was in front of the bookshelf. He finally found the person's mind and latched on; now he had control over the person's body. He made the person speedily walk over to the left of the bookcase, out of the way. The teenager, frightened, let out a yelp as he moved over without his willing it. Aidan opened his eyes and dropped his book, suddenly losing his strength. The bookcase fell over, missing the kid by a few inches. Aidan walked out from behind the counter and went to the boy to make sure he was ok.

"Are you alright?" Aidan asked.

"I'm fine, I just feel a little odd," the teenager said, "it felt like I was being controlled."

"Ah, I see," Aidan said, looking at the mess of books on the floor underneath the toppled bookshelf, "hey, shouldn't you be in school?"

"Shouldn't you?"

"Well do I look like I should be in school?"

"Yes, you do."

Aidan had nothing else to say. He'd been on this planet for a long time, but seemed to never really age that much; he always appeared as eighteen or so. Maybe he should go to high school - it might do him good. Who knows, it might be a good experience, but, with his luck, probably not.
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Katarine Smiled as she looked down watching the two talk, she gasped as the rock edge broke and fell from under her. "AHHHH!" she screamed rather loudly and began to plummet the long fall, instinctly she began to levitate before the girl and the boy. she gasped and covered her mouth with a shocked expression looking at the two still levitating a few feet from the ground.

"uhhhh..." she said rather nervously.

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:45 pm

A metal hand fell on a showlder, covered with a black jacket. The mask was pulled into a smile.
"Be cheerful Brother, she will arrive soon."
"I can be anxious if I want."
"But she is deffinately coming. Be patient."
"We've been patient for years. I don't want to screw it up."
"Nothing will fail. We've never laid preperations so well."
"And what's Of Mice And Men based on?"
"There is a risk with everything. We just have to except that. If it makes you feel better, I'll check agian if you wish."
"That would make me feel a little better I suppose..." One of the thin figures moved away as the light cast a blue shadow one the floor behind what ever was still standing there. It smiled too...
"A world of butterflies..."

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Before the boy could answer, Sarah heard a scream. She gasped and looked up, seeing the cliff side near her crumble away and a girl falling from it. Her eyes widened in horror as the stranger plummeted to the ground, Sarah's brain completely blank. There was no way to save her. She was going to die! No... NO! She simply stared as time itself seemed to slow, covering her tear-filled eyes the second before the girl would hit the ground... but it never happened. She cautiously removed her hands after hearing nothing to suggest a landing and saw a spectacular sight. The girl was levitating! "Wh- wh- whaaaaat?" she stammered, glancing between the boy and the girl. "Are you seeing this? Am I going crazy? Oh my god." She sprinted over to the girl, calling to her, "Holy crap, are you okay? What's going on here?!"

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Aidan had taken the rest of the day off. After what happened, he needed to rest. He decided to take a walk in the forest; this usually calms him down. As he walked, he stepped on all the limp twigs he could spot. As he stepped on another one, a scream rang out. He looked at the twig he had stepped on, then looked out in the distance.

"That was really good timing," Aidan said, realizing that the twig did not scream. He ran through the forest to the source of the scream. He ended up coming out of the forest and into a clearing with a lake. He saw three people a little ways away - one in the water, one on the land, and one...levitating?! Aidan ran to the three, wondering what was going on.

"Am I going crazy?" a girl said, running to the other girl.

"Would you me asking what the hell is going on here?" Aidan asked. As he said that, a vine untangled from a tree branch and fell, narrowly missing Aidan's head. Aidan, however, didn't react at all. But, secretly, he was startled in his head.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryoko Neko on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Jake stood quietly with his hands in his sweatshirt pockets. If he was surprised the girl was levitating, he didn't show it. His face wore only a small smirk as he watched the scene unfold before him. He had never actually seen another one like him... If anything, he was glad he wasn't the only one who was strange.

"Would you mind me asking what the hell is going on here?" Came a sudden voice beside him. Jake looked over at the boy, then back at the two girls.

"I have no idea..." he lied. I've found another magician...

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

Katarina landed with a slight thud her face growing increasingly red. "um, for as long as i can remeber. i've been able to levitate myself and other things." she looked at the girl who had run up to her and nodded. "just to prove my point." katarina's eyes turned milky white with no visual sight of a pupil, katarina lifted her head slightly propelling the girl into the air and spinning her lightly and the making her land.

"see?" she said as her amber-colored eyes returned.

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

"Levitate?" Sarah echoed. Her eyes widened when the girl's clouded over. "Whoa, hello!" she exclaimed and pinwheeled her arms a bit when she was lifted into the air, but relaxed slightly when she was set down. "Y- you did that?!" she stammered. "That's impossible. I must have fallen asleep reading The Odyssey and this has to be some sort of dream." She pinched herself to try and prove it, but the only thing she got was a hurt hand which she shook a few times in pain. "Okay then, I must be hallucinating. Holy crap..." She rubbed her forehead with her fingers a few times. "I'm not hallucinating, am I? This is real?" A heavy sigh escaped her lips. "Holy crap," she repeated.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm

The latch opens as two heavily hooded figures walk into a small waste of barren land. Inside that was only a the fence surrounding the power transformers. It was featureless otherwise, most of the grass had been turned to gray dust, regrouping at the edge.
"I hate to dress in this rediculous cloak." said one of them.
"Easy! We don't want to cause alarm. Its what they're for." Came the other. "We've found where we can rescue our sister. Within the hour, she will emerge. Untill then, we try and set something up."
"Set something up?" Clearly, the message failed to get across.
"Yes." Said the second figure. "Something. Anything that can send or recieve signals. A mobile phone, a computer, an Ipod. Just go find something." The first figure could sense the patience whisp away in the other. He turned, walking back out of the wire-mesh gate.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

"Nope," Jake said with a grin, "you're not seeing things, and you're not crazy. As far as I can tell, anyway..." he added in a mumble to himself. Slightly cautious, he walked up to the strange girl. He looked her up and down, as if measuring her up to see if she truly fit his standards. "You're another magician, aren't you?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

"Magician?" she scoffed, "hardly, i just am what i am." her eyes trailed off from the boys face.

she sighed heavily knowing that she belonged to this magician cult. that at least what her mother told her, she was unsure of herslef. why did she have this power? was it inherited, her mother had telekinesis is this just a varation of her power? Kat sighed lightly still looking at the boy.

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Sarah simply stared at the two, eyes narrowed. "Magician?!" she cried, grabbing a fistful of her own hair. "So you're telling me it's a trick or something? I've been punked, is that it?" She moved her hand to rub her temple. "Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me." She peered up at the cliff, expecting whatever mechanism that held up a harness to be hanging just over the edge. Seeing none, she dropped her hand and looked to her right, then her left, then glanced between the boy and the girl a few times before looking back up at the cliff. This is absolutely unbelievable! She huffed silently. I knew I should have stayed home... Oh, who am I kidding, it never even crossed my mind.

Chaos_Rose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:58 pm

There was a loud, shrill screech from a young woman somewhere near-by.

"Just hand it over!" Came a growl from another, heavily cloaked man. With a final wrench, he pulls the iPhone out of the girls hands. In he fury, she attempts to smash her fists into his back. It hits nothing but metal however. The hood swings round to look at the girl.
"Stop." He said calmly. She stared down the barrel of a flintlock pistol before screaming agian, crouching on the floor.

Tyro
Member for 15 years

"Don't play around like you don't know," Jake said to Katarina. He was slightly frustrated. There was no way he was going to just let her pretend like she didn't have the slightest idea of what he was talking about. They were both magicians. There was no doubt about it. He didn't care if the other girl found out. She wouldn't be much of a problem, he could tell.

"So you're telling me it's a trick or something? I've been punked, is that it?"

"No, it's not a trick. Far from it." he said almost gravely after Sarah asked her question.

Ryoko Neko
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!