Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Godslayers (IC, ALWAYS OPEN!)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Godslayers (IC, ALWAYS OPEN!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surgical Steel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Will leaned back in his chair, looking at the swirling, twirling lights above his head. It had taken mere minutes to change the dreary hotel room into a place fit for the Godslayers. It was his first official meeting of them, after going around and hand-picking which ones he'd hope would join. All Avatars, it seemed. No mere mortals wanted to dirty their hands. Oh, but how fun it was, slaying Gods! Or so, Will imagined. He looked in a mirror that he formed in the wall.

"Mirror mirror, sitting there... I want blue hair."

He smiled, and closed his eyes. Blue hair extended from his head, devouring the bright-green dreadlocks that had been there before. It spiked up, looking exactly like frozen fire.

"Good. I like this. Hm. Hey, Gods. I know you're listening, so g'head and attack if you wanna. I mean, you think the Godslayers can't take on a few goody-goody Avatars? Or are you gonna man up, and send one of the real Gods? Huh?"

Will said, slamming the connection closed. Whoever he'd been talking to would have a massive headache afterwards, even for a God.

"Let it begin. C'mon Godslayers... I have cookies."

He gestured to the plate of oreos and chocolate chips he'd laid out. He heard a knocking...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Surgical Steel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Godslayers (IC, ALWAYS OPEN!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kay422 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Medea stood on the platform rocking gently up onto her tip toes and back down a while as a dull hum and whisper of words escaped her barely parted pallid lips. It was spoken in that sing-song tone of lunacy that nearly everything she said was, and it seemed she was quoting something out of memory word for word as she rocked there at the door gracefully not bothering to knock yet. She was simply enjoying herself there, singing along quietly to a melody no one else could hear.

For the night -- tho' clear -- shall frown --And the stars shall look not down,
From their high thrones in the Heaven,
With light like Hope to mortals given -- But their red orbs, without beam,
To thy weariness shall seem
As a burning and a fever
Which would cling to thee for ever!

She squealed with excitement for a moment before knocking on the door in a bizarre rhythm that almost sounded as though she was making music upon the door. She ran her fingers through tousles of red, black and gold locks for a moment before she grew impatient with waiting and materialized herself into the room; one of the abilities she’d accumulated over time. Her eyes seemed to dance around the room seeing things differently then those around her before they rested on William and her head tilted curiously before a near devious smirk crossed her face.

“Medea has come…She marches to the beat of her own drum and if you seek one to deceive then you better believe she's the one to retrieve.” She said in that same song like whimsical and soft tone as she turned away from him to scan her new environment with much interest.

“Oh My! I should have brought some pie.” She exclaimed abruptly. “Do forgive me.” She added before turning back to him as a sharp pain ran through her temple. She grasped her head and groaned for a second.

“That bitch…” She couldn’t refrain from grumbling as she pushed the powers of Mania away from her body. “The bitch Goddess attacks Medea often, the one who calls herself Mania…How fitting that our names are alike for she is just like me only I am stronger.” She said surely seeming to almost be talking to herself. Her behavior was so childlike in nature, though her power was not deniable. It was clear she could hold her own when it came to her area of expertise…driving people, herself included mad.
Open that door: I'll follow you into that space
Where nothing is regretted then forgotten.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kay422
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Skipping about, Lynn giggles, as she waves her hand about, the floor bellow her turning to a bright pink.

"Helios! Hecate! Everyone else in between! Lovely Lynn is here! And she's bored!" Giggling loudly, she falls back, landing on a purple cloud, which had formed seconds before.

Sighing, she takes off her hate, rummaging through it as the cloud moves around lazily, in no specific direction.

"Here It is!" Pulling out a megaphone from her hate, she giggles, placing it back on her bright red hair. Sitting up on the cloud, she folds her legs, clicking the megaphone on and off.

Laughing aloud, she puts the megaphone to her mouth, screaming loudly into it "Helllooooo, Anyone home ?!"

Throwing the megaphone on the floor in amusement, Lynn watches for a moment as it fades into the air, as if never there. "Where is everyone ?!"

Jumping off the cloud, which followed the megaphone's lead in disappearing, Lynn huffs, stomping her foot. "I'm bored!"

Grumbling, she sighs, pulling her hat off her head, peaking through it curiously. Smiling, she tilts her head, looking in on a man with spiked blue hair, then to the woman's colorful hair "Oh pretty!"

Blinking, she frowns quickly, realizing she could have been heard by the assumed mortal. Sighing, she sits down on the reappeared purple cloud, watching what was in her hat, riveted, frowning slightly at the mention of Mania.

"Nope..Not mortals."

Laylei
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Owen walked up to the building holding a cigarette in his hands and looking up at the sky. "They have that... and we have a hotel room huh?" He shook his head and walked inside the building, guitar case in hand. Owen walked to the elevator, still smoking and tapping his thumb on the handle to the guitar case. As he passed by the floors he thought about the idea of actually killing a God. Is it even possible? Owen had read the stories on them and thought about what they represent to the world. A smile started to form on his face has he thought about what a God would look like if they were to beg. The elevator opened to a normal hallway and Owen peeked his head out before exiting. He walked down the hall to the room where the meeting was taking place. "Well, now or never." He opened the door to see a guy with spiked blue hair and a petite girl singing. Owen palmed his face and laughed a little before taking a seat, We're gonna die...

Helios sat on his throne in Olympus, rubbing his head and taking a deep breath. Aphrodite entered the room and stood next to him, "I don't know what annoys me more... the enemy or our own avatars," said Helios as he sat forward. Helios stood up from his seat and left Aphrodite there to tend to it, as he approached the hole in his floor and fell out of it, landing on a cloud near Lynn. "What is it you need?" asked Helios as he crossed his arms and took a seat on the cloud.
Last edited by Dex on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Zack flew into the parking lot like a black streak on speed, drifting so perfectly he ended up right in a great parking spot. He casually brought his goggles up to his forehead and checked the layout. Yep, this is where they were supposed to meet. Zack casually stepped off his bike and grabbed the key, turning off the roaring machine with a click. He took the long, wrapped package from the back of his bike and ripped the cloth off. It was no package.

The long object was a huge sword with a long handle that, instead of reflecting the light, let off a dull glow wherever the light touched. Zack swung the giant blade like it was weightless before slinging it over his back. Finally, cracking his neck, he made his way to the room door where a few other people were and brought down his goggles to hide his eyes, "Okay, I'm here, get to the point."

It wasn't that he didn't want to be here, with others like him that killed gods. It was just that he could be out there, taking one down right now, and he was stuck here with some other Avatar that thought he could bring up a team and go on a spree...at least, that's what it seemed like. Zack honestly didn't care. He came because he needed to rest up for a day or two, which was half the reason he hid his wrathful eyes.
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surgical Steel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Will smiled, and the door slammed shut. It sealed, coated with what looked like rainbow-shaded diamond. His hair laid down, turning jet-black, and waist length. His eyes took a startling shade of green, and his facial features narrowed like a hawk.

"Welcome, friends. We're being watched, so I cannot keep us here long. It's an Avatar, but she's reporting to Helios. THAT'S RIGHT, I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING, OLD HOTHEAD! Anyways, there's a system to the Gods, a weakness."

The Avatars looked confused, startled.

"Yes, yes there is. Okay, Gods aren't immortal, they just can't die. What does that mean? They can be hurt, like you and I, but they cannot succumb to injuries. The solution? Kill the God of Rebirth, Corpus."
(ooc: A fictional God, sue me. You can make up Gods too, you know.)

He flicked his hands to his side, and his body changed. It turned into an old man, with chain tattoos circling around his entire body. His eyes shone black, and his hair was a brilliant blue-white. He spoke in an old, decrepit voice.

"He looks like this, and is the safeguard of the Gods. When he falls, the Gods may be harmed. Be forewarned, this shall be a fight of fights. We gain strength as enemies fall, and as I know, only Owen has killed an Avatar of our level or higher. The rest of us, until after we kill Corpus, are a liability."

The old man faded, and left Will in the form of a teen with two oddly-colored swords at his sides. He tossed his hands, and the molecules of the walls disbonded - a change indeed - and became gases. He nodded to the Avatars, and leapt out the window. Outside, the wind roared.

"I sense something..."

ooc: Dex and Laylei, you're kinda in charge of our opposition at this point.

Surgical Steel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Lynn gazed into her hat, looking up to Hellios, giggling aloud. "Hi Helios! Lookie what I found!"

Shoving the hat into the mans lap, she points into it. "I think we got a conspiracy! Weeee"

Giggling aloud, she jumps to her feet, painting a picture of the room in the very air with her hand, almost like a camera. "Here , This is easier!"

Laughing aloud, she takes back her hat quickly, plopping down comfortably. Hearing a shout from the screen directed at her, she rolls her eyes.

Watching the floating video with glee, Lynn pops her lips. "Oh, Oh!" Rummaging through her hat, she pulls out two containers of pop-corn, placing one in her lap, and placing the other next to Helios.

Popping a kernel into her mouth, she smiles contently. "Movie time!"

Laylei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Hecate groaned, she could hear her name being called across millennia. "Really, what could it possibly be?" She asked her self. With a swish of her robe and a quick gesture, she wrapped herself within the darkness she could pulled away from the hellish world around her. In that moment, she vanished. What she ahd opened was moving her through time and space. Reality flashed by her as she transported. She watched the rise and fall of humanity, its conquests and its tragedies. She had little interest in this story. She had been more meddlesome in her younger days but... there were younger Gods now to deal with troublesome humans. She might not look it- but she was ancient. This new world was not her world, sh had often wondered if greater deities like her self even had a place in it? Hecate preferred to stay below in the Underworld. Hades and Persephone were good company to pass the time with. When she was not there, Hecate existed in an abstract dimension of thought and feelings. She would watch the world through a fogged mirror, swirling her finger through the blurry colors, painting her own picture with the world. But even that was tiresome... All these thoughts and more speed through her mind. Finally, the tunnel of time ended in the present. Bringing with her darkness and thunder, Hecate descended in a dark storm cloud.

"Who calls Hecate- God of witches. Speak or feel my rather."

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Blinking, Lynn holds back a hysterical laugh. "Really ? Really ? I mean jeez, tone down the special effects."

Cracking a grin, she rolls around on her cloud, laughing aloud hysterically. "Kay. I'm ok."

Pointing to the screen at the room full of avatars, moments after the ever changing one jumped out of the window. "We got people trying to take your down, All mighty Hecate, goddess of over-dramatics"

Giggling, Lynn jumps up to look at the screen closer, clouds materializing as she prances from cloud to cloud, up to the screen. "They're kinda ugly some of 'em..."

Grinning, she looks back at the two gods. "When do we get to kill them?! I want to kill them...Oh, I'm hungry."

Taking her hat off, she pulls out a cookie, nibbling on it slightly, she throws it back into her hat, placing it delicately on her head. "I wasn't hungry, I kid! See, Joker, Jokes,"

Busting out in laughs, she falls onto the floor, the cloud she sat on began to shake and vibrate, almost as if it was laughing itself.

Laylei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Helios rubs his head trying to make sense of what their next step should be. "Their after Corpus, the keeper of the fountain." The fountain was from which the Gods drew their invulnerability. As long as the fountain existed they could not be killed. "He was one of the first Gods to ever exist... why go after such a powerful being first?" Helios stood up, "They are confident to say the least. Lynn, follow one and find out what they know. If you do attack that's one you, I will not help. Understand?"

Owen stood up and grabbed his guitar case, "Just where are we supposed to find this Corpus." Owen hazard a guess that all Avatar gain power when a God dies, which is an amazing gift and one they should use to their advantage. Owen looked to those who still remained in the room, "If you run into any Gods or find this Corpus, alert everyone else. Don't try to play hero, alright?"

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 am

Lynn jumps up wided eye. "I get to have some fun, Honest?!" Giggling with glee, she jumps up and down, the cloud moving with her jumps as to not let her fall.

Suddenly calming down, she nods rapidly. "Sir, Yes...God, Sir!"

Bouncing with joy, she throws her hat on the floor, watching in amusement as it stretches out to an amazing size. waving rapidly, Lynn smiles. "Bye!"

Jumping into the hat, she disappears, the hat snapping out of reality along with her, to her destination.

Laylei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 am

"I hate the twenty-first century. Now I remember why I never come here any more." Letting the storm clouds fade to just a grayish fog, Hecate made a swishing movement with her arms, a fainting chair of black smog rose up from the cloudy floor. Laying down on it, she glanced over to Helios. "I mean really, how can you stand it." She rubbed her temples. "The cars, the noise, the cities that never sleep. Its a migraine waiting to happen." Aware that no one probably cared about her gripes, she moved on. "So what did that little creep from before want to show us so badly, that she had to call me away from the dawn of humanity, just to disappear when I arrived?" Hecate recalled Helios mentioning something about Corpus and the fountain, but based on that alone, Hecate still couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on.

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:34 am

A deep voice from out of nowhere cut across the small room, "I do hope I'm not too late for this meeting."

The air in the corner of the room shimmered like heat waves in the air and a strange, but not unpleasant, smell wafted into the room. It was a strange mix of damp jungle undergrowth and cinnamon with just a hint of sulfur. A large man stepped into the room from the portal. He stood 6'8" and was easily 300 pounds of pure muscle. He was wearing a jet-black four piece suit that made Armani look like Wal-Mart; custom made to allow him full range of movement. His eyes had no pupils or irises; they were blacker than his suit with silver star-bursts floating across them. He looked out across the room over finely crafted half-moon glasses; tinted black with a platinum frame. His skin had the tan of a man who spent most of his time outside. His ears were slightly pointed and swept back; a small platinum earring with a strange iridescent black stone in it hung from each of them. His most striking feature, aside from his eyes, was his metallic platinum hair. It was pulled straight back and reached down to his mid-calf. It was held behind him by a wide black metal clasp between his shoulders. The clasp itself was a complex series of interlocking tribal symbols.

He absentmindedly popped his neck side to side and smiled at those who remained in the room. Though the smile seemed genuinely warm it revealed a double set of fangs on both the top and bottom rows of teeth. "So, you intend to kill some gods by going after Corpus. I'd like to help, because I OWE it to some of them for what they did to me. What experience I do have fighting them is at your disposal. My name is Alconaksidriniakt Chrysmatal Drakkonyte; you can just call me Alcon. You don't happen to have a plan yet do you?"

DoC13X
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Owen grinned a little and took out his cell phone to check the time before making any commitments. "Nope. Not one. We have an objective if that helps. Find Corpus. But we don't know where he is or even if he is on Earth itself." Owen pulled out another cigarette and moved over to the couch and sat down.

Helios turned to Hecate and yawned in his boredom. "They hope to steal our immortality by killing Corpus. a foolish plan and one we weren't unprepared for. We'll let the strange one do her job and if she fails we'll have to intervene." Helios called his carriage to the side of the cloud, four fire breathing horses and all. "What do you plan on doing?"

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Blood on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Hecate blew a piece of hair out of her face. That was a dumb plan, but the more troublesome fact was that it was entirely possible and would have devastating consequences if successful. Watching Helios's chariots appear, Hecate considered her own options... She stilled needed more information about this world and these "Godslayers". "I'll probably travel to the Underworld, talk to Hades. Hopefully find a suitable servant to aide me in this so-called battle." She shrugged. "I'll come back when your annoying underling inevitably fails and you need me to replace her with one of my own." Hecate smiled, "Farewell." with that lightening flashed and Hecate was gone in a blaze of fire and smog.

Crystal Blood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Lynn's hat appears outside the hotel room door, the room the godslayers gathered in. Popping out of quickly, she picks up her hat, putting it on her head quickly.

Patting herself down, she nocks on the door, waiting a moment as she just opens the door.

Walking in, she puts her hands out in joy. "Lynn is here! Where's the fun ? Kill some gods! Yay!"

Staring to the other woman in the room, she murmurs. "Your hair, It's nice."

Looking around the room, she smiles brightly, mischief filling her face.

Laylei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kay422 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Medea seemed to not be paying attention; her mind was quick to drift off to other things and though her ears were listening her eyes were dancing about like a small child as they spoke amongst themselves. She barely noticed the new arrivals to the room due to her deep thought and inner bantering. She could hear the bitch Goddess now. Mania never seemed to leave her head alone…she could hear the soft, seductive tone of insanity speaking to her clearly even when the others did not.

“Medea…They want to hurt you Medea. It is not I that you should fear but them…they are terrible creature, torturous creatures.” The woman reasoned trying to insight fear in the young Avatar’s mind but Medea would not be convinced. She covered her ears for a moment as if that would help before letting out a loud sigh.

“Corpus Smore-puss…It’s Mania’s blood I want…maybe Hecate as well for giving the woman the power to speak to me.” She grunted irritably, though when her thoughts were tampered with so often it was hard to maintain good humor. She came back to consciousness and coherency in time to hear the other young woman’s comment her head tilted ever so slightly.

“Nice?. Oh, my, my thank you.” She said with a furrowed brow as she pulled a lock of her hair in front of her for a moment in confusion about what was so great about it before looking about the room who had grown more crowded. Finally she realized what was going on.

“Oh!…If this helps any…” She rummaged through a large tote bag full of things in which she carried for a good five minute before drawing out a small diamond attacked to a golden chain. “Aha! The diamond for finding a God worth minding. I’m sure he’s left a trace that he can’t erase so let us find that ugly old face!” She exclaimed. “Who has a map for Medea?” She asked, with the crystal she would be able to trace the god if he was on the human plane.

Kay422
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 am

"Lynn does, Lynn does!" Jumping up and down, Lynn takes off her hat, quickly prodding around in it as sh pulls out a large map, dangling it infront of Medea.

Giggling aloud, she plops the hat back onto her head, beaming with delight. "Lynn is helpful, yes she is!" Shuving it into Medea's hands she skips around in a small circle happily.

Continuing to skip, she stops for a moment. "So...How we gonna kill him ?! Sounds like fun.." Giggling quietly, she looks around the room.

Looking up to the roof, she beams even more.

Laylei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DoC13X on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:06 am

Alcon walked over to take a look at the map as well. "That's an interesting stone you've got there girl. I doubt you'll be able to find Corpus himself with it. I'd suggest seeking something second hand; something connected to him; something we could use to reach him."

He then turns to the other girl. "Lynn was it? You've got one hell of a question there, but I doubt we'll be getting much fun out of this. It's relatively common knowledge that the destruction of Corpus and the Fountain would lead to the downfall of the gods. So don't you wonder why it hasn't been done before? He may look like a shriveled up arthritic prune, but Corpus is very powerful, and I doubt he's going to be alone. Even if we do find him we're going to need to get some bigger guns, if you know what I mean."

DoC13X
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!