Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Peace comes with a Price

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Peace comes with a Price

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

((Will only accept ONE more slave roleplayer. We need MASTER roleplayers... please? Anyone want to take it?))
-Basic Background and Plot-
Sacordia, the city of slaves, a city ruled by men who distribute slaves amongst one another. Slaves were meant for more than just work. Sometimes masters would use them for pleasure, to make whore houses, and sometimes the slaves were used as tools to make great money. Being born did not mean you would become a slave though; Sacordia had laws against forcing a child to become slaves. Though it was not uncommon for a young child to be sold out by his/her parents, many were because of lack in the economical structure. Money had become lacking in the days of new, the city became nothing but the slums for many creatures, and humans were said to be the start of everything. Humans had started slavery over thousands of years ago, and through their periods of time had abolished such despicable acts, classifying everyone as equals . But soon after the equality settled in, the humans were once again claiming one another. Fighting over children, men, and woman. Forcing the poor to work for pennies within the wealthier homes, until the law came to pass in which slaves were once again legal to purchase. To purchase a slave meant to purchase a man or woman who was poor, too poor to pay a lawsuit against the wealthy. Men and woman once again were buying others for their own gain in society. Though among the poor came different classifications: greedy, sneaky, and then of course, the needy. The greedy poor were people who actually sold themselves to others along with their own children. Children normally had a low life expectancy in these types of families; either that or they became one of the needy.

The sneaky, suspicious class was exactly how they sounded, hunters. This class would be paid for hunting other low class people, at times they would even kidnap the rich and sell them to other folks, of course in other cities, but there was no law going about saying that kidnapping was not allowed. Ever sense the old government fell, everything was almost at anarchy. Few cities had some type of order, like Sacordia.

Then you had the needy, which were exactly what they sounded as well. They were the children who were sold all their lives, who grew up needing to be ordered around. They feel unloved at times, and even at other times feel like death is their only true lover. These people tend to work till their little hearts can’t beat anymore. In the fields, pleasure or any other measure would keep them busy and they were there, as long as someone was barking the orders. Some of them even needed pain, this pain made them realize that they were still alive, why they were still alive was unknown, but they knew they were, and they had to keep going.

-The post to actually answer-
“This should hold him,” the grungy old man spat, clamping the metal-cuffs around a beat-up man’s wrists.

“Third time this week,” the other guard stated, wiping a handkerchief across his forehead. The perspiration had built up from all the running and chasing of this one man. “Hope he sail’s quick, and to a mean master too, he is becoming too much to handle. Next will be the whip,” the scrawny guard stated, running his hand through his hair, his other hand placing the cloth in his back pocket. Shouldn’t last too much longer in this cell anyway. No way out now.”

“True that,” the elder man stated, stretching his limbs, which were sore from the exercise. He kicked the chained warrior in the shin and started out the cell block. “They go up for sell tomorrow, yep, this one here will sell in a heartbeat. I know that… for a fact. The strong always go down first.”

“Masters seem to like the challenge,” the other added, just as the door slid shut for the night. A cobalt and silver eye glanced up into the darkness, to see what little light there was to see from the other side of the door.

Akira wrapped his arms around his legs, the chains rattling with every little movement. Long blond strands of hair fell before his face, though in the dark this was barely seen anyway. He stared up at the ceiling, knowing that Etelka too were in these very cells, her fate awaited her just as much as his own. Tomorrow would be the day that all the biggest buyers would be in the market, sizing up all the slaves who needed masters. Each cell had been labeled: name, height, weight, eye color, hair color, specialties. Akira’s was as followed:

Name: Akira DeCross
Height: 6”2’
Weight: 198 lbs.
Eye color: Left – silver Right – Blue
Hair Color: Golden Blond
Specialties: N/A

Akira had no specialties, none that the others found out about. The men had tried everything to have Akira work with them, but he just refused. The man laid his head back and gave out a little sigh. What would tomorrow have in store for him? Or Etelka. Etelka was Akira’s younger sister, she was completely opposite of him, in many ways. Her personality was more violent, which he was afraid a buyer would really enjoy the most. She was rude and disrespectful, and would never listen to anyone. She even had specialties in escape and assassination, though she rarely used them. On her cell her sign read:

Name: Etelka DeCross
Height: 5”6’
Weight: 122 lbs.
Eye Color: Emerald
Hair color: silk black
Specialties: Cooking, entertainment

After many hours of worrying, both siblings faltered into a restless sleep, only to be woken early by the sun. Guards were clattering around the cells, yelling for slaves to stand up. The big opening had started; cell doors were open, though slaves were still chained on the inside. Everyone stood to the best of their ability and waited to be judged. Outside the slave house read a sign:

Special low prices for high quality first come first serve.
Last edited by Enkisama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

One who knows nothing can understand nothing!" ~Ansem

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Peace comes with a Price

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Just across the hallway from Akira's cell, a young woman also struggled feebly against her chains, to no avail. Her long, wavy hair, which was normally a mahogany color with a reddish hue, was stained black, only illuminated in places by the narrow strip of moonlight that shone from the little barred window, which was high in the far wall.

Tomorrow, she would be taken. Like a pig for slaughter, there was little she could do about it. She had not volunteered for this, but most hadn't. Slavery was hell, she had heard, but it was too late to avoid. She had hoped to avoid the lash, but her efforts had indeed failed her.

She worried only for herself. There was no one else she could worry about.

Finally, she carefully laid down on the floor, avoiding her bruises and wounds. The grey rags that covered her form were pitiful, barely even withstanding the pressure of her thin body against the floor. When the guards came, disturbing her restless slumber, she willed herself up. This would be the worst day of her life, she realized, when the cell door was opened.

Her plaque, which hung just outside her doorway, slightly crooked, read:

Name: Daena d'Ardeneta
Height: 5”4'
Weight: 119 lbs.
Eye color: blue
Hair color: reddish brown
Specialties: music, entertainment, craftsmanship

(Hope you liked that...)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Two cells down from Etelka's, Adam started awake, leaping to his feet. His chains pulled him to a violent stop. He fell back down again, hitting his head on the hard brick. His vision turned red with pain as he lay on the ground, waiting for his head to stop throbbing. He tasted blood, and spat onto the floor. It sprayed his eyes. He tried to wipe it out with with his hands, but they were stopped just inches short. He cursed the guards. Then again, they were clever, in their own depraved and perverse way. If someone had an itch, or a fly had landed on their face, or any small annoyance, the person would be just unable to reach it. Still blinking his saliva out of his eyes, he resigned himself to wait.

His cell was dark, unlighted by the morning sun. He had been put there as punishment for kicking a buyer in the crotch at the last market. At first, when he had entered his new cell, he had thought it was a strange penalty. It was somewhat harder to sleep with moonlight shining on your face. But as his eyes adjusted to the gloom, he had seen why. Since then, his screams had filled countless nights with agony and torment as his limbs were stretched to the point of breaking. They had only stopped the week before, to get him into good condition for sale. Every joint in his body still ached, but no more than the other slaves would.

Adam was confident that he would be better treated than most other slaves. For one thing, masters would read his plaque and be anxious about him turning on them, and so would not force him into prostitution, like they would with most of the others. They would also want him to be in good condition to carry out their orders, and that they couldn't do if they fed him bread and water and kept him locked up in a dungeon. Even so, he still knew that the conditions would not be exactly luxurious: far from it. Judging by his previous owners, very far from it.

Name: Adam D'evreux
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Eye color: Dark brown
Hair color: Dark brown
Specialities: Assassination, kidnapping
WARNING: IS TALENTED IN SLEIGHT OF HAND AND HAS ESCAPED AND KILLED 14 DIFFERENT OWNERS BEFORE. KEEP CLOSE EYE ON.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 am

“Get up,” the guard shouted into the cell, banging the hilt of his sword on the bars, just before Adam’s cell, he had opened the door wide enough to let light shine directly on him. This way the customers would be able to see him a lot better. Another guard was doing the same to the cell a few paces down, though instead of being polite, the guard started up with dirty language.

“What?” Etelka’s voice rang clear as whistle down the halls. A voice filled with a laughter that most slaves had lost at this pointing the game. “What did you call me?” she stated in a mocking question, as if to dare him to ask the question again.

“I said get up B****” he snapped at her. There was silence, everyone seemed to wait for the woman’s voice, or reaction to the name had called her. Chains rattled, she had stood up. “What do you think you are laughing about?” he questioned, watching her very cautiously, but Etelka didn’t answer him. There was no need to answer with words with what she could do with her body and hands. In a quick snap, her cuffs fell to the floor, a hair pin falling to the ground with them. “Son of a…” he didn’t finish as Etelka slammed her thin wrists in to his jugular, then kneeing him right in the groan. A frantic gasping scream escaped his lips and he began to fall forward, with Etelka easily flipping over his back and landing perfectly on her feet.

“Akira?” she called down the cells, then noticed the guard just before Adam’s cell. “Hmm…” she turned to him, swaying her hips as she walked ( a natural movement for her), and clapped her hands together. “Oh, kind gentleman, will you please lend me your keys and point me in the fair direction of my lovely brother?” she asked sweetly, but the guard was frozen stiff. They, the guards, had not put a warning sign on Etelka’s plaque, having the feeling that she was too frail to attack any of the guards, but he had seen it all. A man barely breathing on the ground because two blows.

“H-halt…” he stammered, raising his blade, but Etelka just tsked at him.

“What would happen if I took that sword, then your keys and let… ummm…” her eyes spotted the name tag easily. “Adam out, hmmm? He seems to be a threat to you guys, but you didn’t treat me like that… Your mistake I suppose,” she rose her shoulders in a shrug and stepped forward away. The guard decided to try and take her on anyway, with a quick movement she had his blade, his throat slashed and his keys twirling on her pointer finger. A sigh of disappointment escaped her lips as she glanced into the cell. “You don’t seem that scary."

Akira, only a few cells down from all the excitement noticed the woman across the hall, he couldn’t help but notice actually. “Miss…” he seemed interested in making conversation, to keep his mind off of the events that were going down the hall, he could hear his sister clearly, and refused to answer. “What would you do if you were to escape this place?” he asked her, though he knew that it was clearly impossible. He had tried three times, and failed. This place was highly guarded, one of the best ‘slave banks’ in Sacordia.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 am

Daena, who had been forced to lie in an awkward position with her head against the wall sideways for the whole night, had fallen over and was hefted to her feet by a guard, who got a little too close. She spat in his face with the little saliva she had left. He winced, but he also backed up, giving her substantial breathing room. Still, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction... He slapped her across the face. As he walked away, snickering, she felt the warm ooze of blood run down her chin and seep into the fabric of her scanty garments.

She heard the voice of the man across the hall from her cell through the rush of blood to her head. "Miss... What would you do if you were to escape this place?" He sounded resigned, defeated.

Daena opened her eyes, which she had closed when the guard had hit her. She saw a man with blonde hair, looking curiously at her. He looked as though he, too, had weathered a rough storm - while tied to the mast of a ship. "If I could get out of here?" She thought for a few seconds, wondering what she would do. "I would build myself a boat and get as far away from this wretched city as I could," she told him. She had been though this place before; she had never gotten used to it. "What about you?"

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 am

(sorry for the double post, i stuffed up the font thing)
Last edited by The Chinese Fireball on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:17 am

Adam looked at his saviour with a look of mild amusement (and more than a little bemusement).

"That, my lady, is exactly why the 14 owners," he motioned at his plaque, "are pushing up daisies as we speak." He coughed, spitting up blood. They had replaced the rack this past week with less painful, but still rather undesirable, methods of 'correction', as they had called it. He continued on, in a huskier voice.

"And it's also why I'm so good at my specialties. You see, people trust me, and they let me into their houses," he coughed again, "and find a blade sticking out of their chest. Or I drug them in their sleep and put them in a sack. Like the stories you-" he broke out into a violent fit of coughing.

"As you can see-and hear, I've not exactly been treated with the utmost care and love. I presume you heard those screams a few weeks back? That was me, on a rack. They stopped a week ago, but since then, they've turned to more blunt, and more visible, forms of punishment."

He enjoyed finally having a conversation with someone, especially someone that wasn't torturing him. But maybe you might enjoy being free more than talking. Good point, he replied to himself.

"And now, my lady, if you would please get me out of here? I really don't like being a slave."

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 am

Akira tried to get a glimpse down the hall, hoping to see his sister running this way anytime now, but she had not made her appearance. “I plan to find a loving wife and start a gentle life in the Far Plain, the peaceful land. You see…” his golden strands fell before his handsome face again, the rags that barely cover shifted with his movements, revealing massive scares. “that is the only place to live in peace, the only…” he stopped as if his words were causing him some hardship.

Etelka watched Adam as if wary, which she as an assassin herself, had the right to be. Assassin normally didn’t help other assassins out, it could spell danger for future life, causing trust issues, but at times could strength an alliance much like Anita and Edward’s(reference to the Anita Blake series). Running her thin hands through her silken black hair, Etelka easily made her way to putting the long thick locks into a ponytail. “Well,” she had listened to his tale and even considered freeing him, “what would come of it if I did help you? Surely you understand that,” she paused to make sure that no guards were sneaking up on her at this very moment. “I cannot just trust you when you’ve killed 14 owners, and possibly more due to your own job?” her voice became very quiet and she slipped into the cell, hiding too well in the shadows as a man walked by, examined the plaque and peeked into the cell.

“He would be great asset in my business, but the risk of such a dangerous man…” the old fellow stated, staring at Adam as if considering the possibilities. Etelka held her breath as the elder man spoke to his younger son. “I shall consider this one highly,” the man turned and continued to follow the guard.

“Etelka!” Akira’s voice came down the hall, he decided to try and grab her attention.

“Akira?” she seemed to become excited, joyous when she heard his voice. “Ah…” she turned back to the assassin she now celled with for a brief second. “That’s my brother… what happens if I free you. Assassin intuition tells me keep you in your chains and leave,” she waited for his reply, still perfectly hidden in the shadows.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 pm

(new character... pay attention.)

Grayza's fur coat, speckled with the soft down from quite a few animals, barely swept the prison floor as she entered, surrounded by four of her own guards and more of the jail's. She walked lightly, barely appearing to move, passing numerous cells, eyeing their wretched inhabitants. Her brother said that she had an eye for this; it was simple business to select the perfect slaves for the jobs that needed doing.

She chose a young girl, a redhead, who appeared to be well-balanced. A good servant, for personal care. Or perhaps the young one would become the handmaiden of Grayza's guests which came to stay.

Daena, still barely alert because of her blow to the face, hadn't had time to respond to Akira's last comment when the procession walked past their cells. She heard Akira shout, "Etelka!" and turned, surprised. She had almost missed a perfect opportunity...

She swept her dark brown hair behind her thin, powerful shoulders and addressed the young man in the cell with her voice, adopting a reassuring croon. "'Akira DeCross'. No specialties. That in itself interests me - no, don't bother responding, boy, I don't want you to hurt that pretty face of yours. You look strong enough." She turned to the nearest guard, who wore her livery. "I'll take this one. And the one across from him - 'Daena d'Ardeneta' - I've been needing a musician for my guests."

Having chosen her slaves, she adjusted her fur shawl. She was practically Queen of Sacordia, with her extensive network and influence, and she was going to keep it that way. She saw each slave as an investment, a tool that she could use to better herself. She smiled thinly, thinking of returning to her large house.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 pm

((dunno why it posted it three times sorry))
Last edited by Enkisama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

((Once again don't know why it posted three times.))
Last edited by Enkisama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

(Have to wait for fireball to reply before Etelka can do much more.)

Great, Akira thought to himself as a guard scribbled down the names that Lady Grayza pointed out. He was not surprised in the fine choices, but he had to wonder why Akira had yelled so loudly for another slave down the hall. Had something happened in which he was unaware of? Glancing down the hall he noticed one of the guards on his knees, holding his crotch, the guard happened to be Domanic, a guard who was known to have problems in his lower region. So the scribbler finished jotting down the information on both slaves.

“Any others, Miss?” he questioned, keeping his feather-pen still in his writer’s hand. “We have plenty of other slaves that would do you some good, perhaps more guards, or musicians to top the one in this cell to the right?” he meant to sell her more, the ‘slave bank’, here had become overly packed.

The golden-hair slave sat down in his cell, glancing around the ‘drama queen’ to see the woman across the hall, she was in fact going to share his new home. Etelka, what is taking you so long? He wondered to himself, he was surprised his younger sister had not already been to his cell and freed him at this point. She was a mastermind when it came to escape. Shows how much practice she had… he thought as he wrapped his arms awkwardly around his knees, his beautiful eyes never leaving the new friend he was sure to make in the cell cross his. He mouthed the words, hoping she would notice. ‘Don’t worry about it, we won’t be slaves long,’ then laid his chin squarely on his knees.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 pm

(Perhaps you should set up a "Roleplayers Wanted"... Grayza's character is very self-preserving. She would never buy such dangerous slaves as the other two... so we'll need more masters.)

Grayza observed Daena, watching as the girl fell over slightly from exhaustion. She would have to be fixed up in order to be any good... Her newest slaves were slightly younger than her, still bearing resemblences to their days as youth. She sighed; teenagers made the best slaves, especially if they had been enslaved all their lives. Attractive, fit, not prone to run away. But they were also the priciest.

She turned to the guard once more. "I'd like to look around some more. Do you have any others that you think I should see?"

She spoke of them as livestock. Not to be slaughtered, but simply used. They required some care, but they would more than repay the hand that fed them... as long as that hand did not also slap them. So she always took care to treat her slaves with decent respect and care, as well as giving them reasonably comfortable accomadations. Which was why some of her slaves, the smartest ones, had eventually gained her trust and been freed, only to be rehired as advisors.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 am

Adam stared passively at the girl.
"A good question. Very reasonable, too. The answer really is, you can't trust me. But I'm not a psychopath. I don't kill people because they happen to be within a few yards. I kill them because they have wronged me!" a brief flicker of rage flared up. He stomped it out, hoping she hadn't noticed. The girl was a fool, too mistrustful to work with others.
"I have no reason to hurt you. I have no reason! If I wanted to go round slitting peoples' throats, then everyone in 14 different noble households would be DEAD! And if that'd happened, I would be scattered in the wind, mingled with traitors and buggers, and two-timers, and normal men who are nothing of note, and have never done anything of note, but that happened to be around when the king sent his soldiers to murder and kidnap in broad daylight and have the crime pinned on them!"

He was half raving now, desperate to prove his worthiness.

"I am 19 years old! Do you really think I could have the deaths of-I don't know! The point is, you can trust me! PLEASE!" he was shouting now, almost shrieking. His mind had been taken to the brink on the torture rack, and it was visible for all to see now that it was balanced precariously, where one puff of wind, a rolling pebble, could tip it off the edge. He realised this far too late. He crumpled to the floor, limp. He had defeated himself. He had ruined his chance of escape by showing just how deranged his mind really was.
"Leave me here," he said in a lifeless monotone. "I'm mad. Send me to the Asylum. Better, cut my throat."

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Etelka cocked her head to the side, never had she seen a man, even a young man at that, beg her to free them. She had seen the greedy side that begged her to please their sexual desire, and of course she continuously denied them that very need, which in past experiences had given her a very hard time. A frown formed on her face as she flipped her hair over her shoulder again. “Hmmm… a little too, how should I say this, whiny? Maybe?” the only part of her that Adam could see where her beautiful emerald eyes that shimmered in the dark shadows.

“Of course we have other slaves that you should look at, this way Milady,” the guard turned her down in the same direction Adam and Etelka were, she still hid in the shadows, which would more than likely keep her out of a lot of trouble.

“I might as well do this fast…” she muttered, her hand going to her pocket, where she snatched another hair pin, something that even with a well pat-down, could never be found. She crossed the shadows and found the sunlight radiating off her pale skin when she found a position beside the large man. “When I free you, you’ll do what I say, or we’re both dead, understood?” she asked him while hiding her body behind his and working on the metal. Her hands twitched with concentration as she worked as quickly as possible. Every step that the two down the hall took seemed to pond at her hears, though oddly, Etelka stayed very calm.

Akira noticed that Deana had fallen and stood up immediately, almost worried. He had no feelings for the woman, no true concern, he just didn’t want her to be injured in anyway. No, Akira wanted her to go with him, so he wasn’t completely alone. Etelka normally accompanied him when he was sold, something about siblings pleased most masters, but this time it seems he was chosen without her. “D-Deana,” he was trying to read the name on the plaque. “Are you alright?” his voice wavered slightly, hoping that no guard or master heard him this time, for it could cause problems.

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetCat on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 am

Serengi Valdos stepped into the slave quarters without an escort. This wasn't unusual for the man, who was one of the higher members of society, but what was unusual was the boy that followed him, holding his hand like a son. His hair was red, a fiery tone that seemed almost obscene in the dingy slave quarters, and his blue eyes almost crystalline, a color that could only be found in precious gems. He wore light colors, and his soft, doe-hide boots seemed to repel any and all dirt that came near them. He followed Serengi down the halls like a brightly colored shadow, and paused at each one. He reached Adam's cell, unable to see that there was another slave behind him, and tugged his father's little finger.

"This one," the father said, and the guard marked Adam's name down without question. Two guards stepped in to take care of the man they knew to be a nuisance, glad that he would be going out again. A third guard closed and locked the cell door and waited outside, to call for others just in case Adam got out of hand. Then, at Enki's cell, the boy tugged his father's middle finger. Serengi took a casual glance over the rest of the cells and turned back around, still holding the boy's hand. As they passed Grayza, the boy took one look in Akira's cell and tugged his father's finger. Here, however, Serengi paused, and only with another sharp tug on his little finger did he actually engage Grayza in conversation.

"Pardon," Serengi said, then inquired with the most polite and respectful speech as to Akira's worth to her, explaining that he had need of a strong, unskilled man to train to work machinery in his business. Akira seemed to be the only one here with the strength.
Without the writer, the world would not exist. For just as you might write words down on a page, your god, goddess, be the name Isis, Heavenly Father, Allah, Buddah, all are writers in their own right. They write down the words of our lives. They give us trials, peace, advice, should we ask it.

But just like the characters we write down on paper...

We can choose to write ourselves.

SweetCat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:58 am

Daena looked nervously across the hallway. Grayza seemed like a decent master, as far as masters go. She responded, "I'm all right. It'll be better soon; they wouldn't keep a musician locked in a dungeon for too long. What about you?" She didn't know what Grayza intended for him, but it probably wasn't great.

Grayza, who had peered into the cell with Adam, told the guards that she wasn't interested. She had no use for an assassin, so such a dangerous slave would only be a liability. Besides, she did all of her undercover work herself...

She observed another man and his young son purchase the assassin, thinking to herself, What fools. Then he addressed her regarding the strong male slave she had just marked down for purchase. Her voice was as smooth as a silk garment as she told the man, "Intuition. He seemed like a useful boy. However, I would be willing to work out a deal." She did like the slave, however. He seemed... useful.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm

((SweetCat, you’re accepted. Glad to have a master character.))
Everything seemed to happen at once, the chains on Adam’s wrist became loose, a voice spoke, the guards moved in, and then the doors became locked. Etelka froze, wondering what in the world she was to do now that she’d been locked in the room with Adam and a couple of guards. “Listen,” she spoke in a soft whisper that only Adam could hear, she was not going to be spotted by the guards, not when she had worked so hard the night before to free herself. “As you can see we have a little situation. You’re cuffs are loose enough for you to slip through, or unbuckle for I’ve unlocked them, but I suggest we take out these two guards and wait for more to open the door.” As she spoke she began to slip into the darkness, pulling out a small bandana to cover her eyes, which were so bright that in the dark she had to cover them. She stepped back into complete darkness, hidden from anyone’s eye sight; even great sight could not spot her now. “We have to do something quick.”
Akira had to agree, no one would treat a musician with disrespect and cause them discomfort, well other than the ‘slave banks’. His body seemed to relax when he heard that she was well, or should be well in the near future. “I suppose I’ll be good, I’m not sure what they will use me for quite yet,” that is when the man and child had pointed out their likes for him. Was he to be fought over? He wondered, but he rather liked the woman more than the other master who caught his eye. “I’m not sure anymore if I’ll be going with you or not, seems I am quite popular these days.”

Enkisama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Adam silently slipped through his cuffs. They wouldn't notice that his hands were free until they were right in front of him, and that would be a wee bit late. As they walked to him, he grabbed the ends of his chains and stood up, making his silhouette look like he was still shackled to the wall. As they motioned for him to follow them, he swung one of the chains at a guard's head. It impacted and split bone like broken plywood. The second guard was too slow to react, and Adam, using his stronger left hand, smashed his fist into the man's face, with the cuff in his hand. Blood sprayed from the man's nose as he fell down, almost in slow motion, and smashed his head on the hard brick. Adam finished them off by stomping their ribs in. The sound was painfully loud.
"Ok, whatever-your-name-is, we'll have to wait now. Reckon there'll be more this time."

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetCat on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 pm

At the loud sound made by the connection on the guard's head, the boy and his father turned around. Serengi looked very worried, but the boy just smiled and twitched his middle finger again. Serengi looked back to Greyza. "May I ask what kind of deal?" he asked, clearly ready to give at least a small thing for the slave.

Down the row, as Adam slipped his cuffs, the guard outside noticed his companions fall. Instead of moving in and apprehending the culprit, he went to the other side of the cell door and slipped on thick gloved before pulling something metal and sharp across the entire door. It was a grid of razors, with holes that were smaller than the guard's little finger, and he placed two more heavy locks on the door before calling to the next guard up. Another grid of the thin, sharp blades was drawn over the window of his cell.

"We didn't put you in this cell for nothing," the guard said to Adam. "You're bought, and you're gone." They wanted Adam out of there badly enough that no one bothered to go in and get the guards. With a smooth motion of his hand, he signaled men to hitch the entire cell up to a pair of large draft horses. The team puled the cell, which had been built on runners so it could be removed, onto an uneven object, causing the guards' bodies to slide down toward Adam and Enki.

The boy watched the portable cell as it was loaded onto the caboose and smiled, an angelic expression that again, seemed so out of place in the dingy slave quarters that it was completely obscene.

SweetCat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!