Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Peace comes with a Price

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Peace comes with a Price

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Daena tried to look sympathetic, but a little arrogant sneer made itself visible in her mind. The boy - Angelo - had thought that the lute was a wind instrument... "I know very little about flutes and other wind instruments, but the lute is quite similar to the ukulele. I could learn that particular instrument easily, given some time."

Grayza turned away from her new masters, Daena's mental sneer quite clear on her face.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetCat on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 am

Angelo nodded, pleased that Daena had passed his test. "You do play music, and you know the instruments. I am sorry to say that I have spoken these same words to other slaves that called themselves musicians. They did not pass. It would be wonderful to hear adequate music again. I myself can play two instruments, but without two of me, there can be no harmony to my music. It has become quite lonesome." He nodded. "This will be good." Then he turned to Akira. "And your skills. The placard says you have none." Angelo smiled. "I do not believe that."

One of the guards took a lock of Grayza's hair and pulled it sharply to remind her that these were her masters, and she would not make such expressions.
Without the writer, the world would not exist. For just as you might write words down on a page, your god, goddess, be the name Isis, Heavenly Father, Allah, Buddah, all are writers in their own right. They write down the words of our lives. They give us trials, peace, advice, should we ask it.

But just like the characters we write down on paper...

We can choose to write ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SweetCat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enkisama on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Akira's eyes scanned the boy for a long moment, he had not wanted to give his details to the boy in fear. He too was a musician in his own way, but he was more of a fighter and a sex symbol for other master. Turning his head away, the beautiful man simply spoke in an angelic like tone, "My skills are flexible, I do as a master wishes." His eyes then turned to the musician, not saying a word, but they promised to help them both to the Free Land, as soon as he figured a way out of this master's dark hands.

One who knows nothing can understand nothing!" ~Ansem

Enkisama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:47 am

"What-"
The trees surrounded him, trees where there had been an open paved road just seconds before. They were leaning in, it seemed, their branches strokes of darkness thick as paint. For that was the only place where this happened. In paintings and fairy tales.

And Etelka? Where was Etelka? And what had come over her? She had not noticed him. Spoken as if she was miles off. She had said she was in a desert. But she had been on the road! Everything was surreal, inexplicable, yet so definitely real.

Adam made his way to the edge of the trees, and was stopped. He had not met any physical resistance. He had simply stopped. Frowning, he tried again. He stopped again. He readied himself on the far edge of the circle, and sprinted.

When he reached the edge, his muscles slackened. He flopped to the ground like someone who had been shot in the back. However, momentum carried him into the forest. He tasted soil in his mouth. He spat it out, and got to his feet.

He could not see the circle which he had left. All he could see around him were the dark branches, black paint across his eyes. He started running, and he noticed that the trees were immaterial: they were mere illusions, like spectral remains of an ancient forest from before the dawn of time. If he ran far enough, he could get out of this ghostly landscape, back up the rabbit hole and into his own world. Or so he thought.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 am

Daena's breath almost stopped for a minute, realizing what had happened to the other slaves who had claimed an affinity to music. If she wasn't on her best game, she would be the next victim of her new master. "I will do what I can," she simply said, muting her fear.

Akira seemed mysterious. She suddenly wanted to know more about him, but she wasn't sure quite why. She supposed that she would probably have more of an opportunity to learn about him later. His eyes drew her in and promised protection. She feared this, but was entranced by the illuminating quality at the same time. After all, he was quite beautiful.

Grayza had stopped speaking entirely. She turned away from the group, keeping her facial expression impassive. She resented these new masters, along with her fellow slaves. It would take a while to assimilate this one.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetCat on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Angelo's smile widened, pleased. "Good. I like mine to be flexible." He looked Akira over for another moment, then nodded. "You know how to dance, do you not?"

Several people came passed, some masters, who snickered upon recognizing Grayza, and some were guards hurrying slaves to their proper places. One nearby was processing a new slave, a beautiful woman with long, auburn hair and slender limbs that gave off the energy of a wild animal instead of a human that was about to be sold into untold amounts of torture. Her eyes, when she glanced at the group standing near her, held an intelligence that was tantamount to looking into the eyes of a large predator, and she went into the cell, carefully walking on her toes in a graceful glide, while giving her captor that gaze. He quickly moved away after locking the cell, and cataloged her in the books.
~~~~~~~~~~
As Adam ran, several shadowy forms seemed to follow him, and the illusionary forest grew thicker, denser, until openings were barely large enough for a grown man to fit through, and most weren't even that large. Roots threatened to trip him as they rose from the ground, and most of the trees were now as thick as a small house, some the size of a manor in their girth.

SweetCat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm

He could barely see anything, now. The trees were sprouting up from the ground. All that he could do was run blindly in one direction, hoping that the forest would end before he fainted of exhaustion.

Nervous, he looked over his shoulder. He started running as hard as he could, for saving energy would not do now. Six shadows were tailing him, their forms indistinct. They barely seemed to move: they seemed to be at one place, and then when he blinked, they were somewhere else. Despite his grave misgivings, Adam turned his head forward, and to his surprise, saw daylight!

He was half-senseless, now. He seemed to be sleeping while he ran. But he still did run, as fast as his body would allow. It was drawing near, now. 100 metres...50 metres...20 metres...10 metres..5 metres-and he burst through the illusion of day, into another-no, the same forest.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!