Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Warriors of the Mist IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Warriors of the Mist IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 am

OOC: warriors-the-mist-japan-steam-signup-ooc-t36702.html

It was a warm summer morning. Sakura was sitting under a tree in her fiefdom which was bordering the east of the Kagoshima area. Since she had helped the lord of Kagoshima before she was rewarded a fiefdom which had four villages and a small castle. She was the only inhabitant of the castle she neither wanted servants nor guards. Every day a couple of teenagers came by to learn the art of swordfighting. Her students were fairly good and two of her students had finished training. She made sure they were good enough to be able to defend a village together. The orphaned students came to her for dinner because Sakura was kind enough.
A man came to her. It was a messenger. He said to her: "I am here to tell you that the lord of Kagoshima has invited you to the funeral of his wife. That poor man didnt even have kids with her. It is tomorrow afternoon." The man then left. Suddenly there was the sound of havoc. She looked down the hill and noticed that a village was being attacked by bandits. "Its about time." She said and began running down the hill. She pulled her Odachi and began cutting down the trees that were in her way.
While the bandits were attacking, one of them noticed the trees tipping over up the hill. "Whats that?" One of them said. Then a villager laughed and said: "Looks like you angered Lord Ryashiki." "Lord? You mean a samurai? He might be coming with an army!" The bandit said. Then Sakura stepped out of the woods. "A single girl with a sword too big for her? Hahahaha." The bandits laughed. Then a villager said: "Dont underestimate Lord Ryashiki. She has the strength and skill of 30 samurai warriors." While the bandits werent looking a wooden spear came out of the chest of one of them. Sakura had thrown a branch into the bandit. The bandits began to charge. Sakura exhaled steam through her nose and the bandits began to think: "Uh oh." Sakura jumped into the air and decapitated two bandits with a single blow. It was a matter of minutes when all of them were dead. Sakura was covered in blood. The villagers cheered for her. One of the other samurai came to the village too late. "Tanaka. I am heading to Kagoshima for a couple days. Continue the lessons for the students for me. I will clear the area of bandits on my way. There is a new lighter and sharper katana for you at the castle. Its about as robust as your old one." Sakura said and smiled. Tanaka then answered: "As you wish maiden. Thank you." Sakura then continued to walk towards Kagoshima. Through her way through a small territory between hers and Kagoshima she left a trail of headless bandits and attacked a village since she only protected the innocents of her fiefdom and Kagoshima.
"Hello young lady. What brings you to our village?" A villager said. Then Sakura smiled and said: "I am hungry. Give me something to eat." The villager looked at her and said: "Do you have money or something to trade?" "I didnt ask. It was a command. If you dont bring me something then I will eat one of you. I havent eaten human meat in a long time." Sakura said giving him a little fear. The man then said: "Please leave my village. We are poor and cant spare any food." "Then it will be an advantage to the village if I kill you and take you meat. That means one mouth less to feed and I wont have to kill you all." Sakura said and pulled her sword. The villager backed up in fear. She killed the man. Minutes later she left leaving the village traumatized because of butchering the man in front of them.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Warriors of the Mist IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

A couple miles away from the distraught village a tiny, insignificant shrine stood within the forest. Within the sun speared darkness of the small room, violet wisps of smoke drifted lazily from small orange points of incense. A single figure kneeled on the tatami floor before a blank portrait in the middle of the room. A rasping whisper resounded, seeming to eminate from everywhere at once.

Your name?

"Shoku."

Your mission?

"To rid the Higoshima area of bandits and eliminate those that would harm it's residents otherwise."

Your creed?

"In the darkness of night, venom shall flow freely. In the pain of poison, the coldness of death will be embraced. In the release of death, the joy of life will continue."

A light breeze flowed through the open door and extinguished the incense. No further response issued forth. Shoku Hyonma stood in silence and mentally checked his gear. The journey wouldn't take long. Intel had informed him of a large concentration of bandits within the area, supposedly a headquarters of some kind. The mission was to silence the three heads of the newly formed bandit coalition, fairly simple. But Shoku wasn't a samurai, and relied on stealth instead of slaughtering until they themselves died. There was a reason ninja survived longer. With a quick flourish the young ninja bounded out of the shrine and into the forest. Leaping branch to branch, he continued on north for a few minutes before reaching a campsite. No sound accompanied his swift descent to the ground.

Roughly a dozen bandits lie dead on the ground are the camp fire. Each had been decapitated, a clean slice...most likely from a katana. Only one set of footprints lead away from the ex-bandit camp. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but to spare not a single person? That was unlike any samurai the Hyonma clan had ever known. He decided to push forth into the forest once more. In about twenty more minutes of silent travel a small village came into view. Shoku leapt onto the roof of one dwelling and peered on at a most disturbing scene. Crying villagers crowded around the dessicated corpse of a decidedly recently deceased person in the late morning mists. A group of men were the only ones strong willed enough to carry the body to the grave site...piece by bloody piece. Man, woman, whoever it was had been hacked to bite-sized chunks into an undiscernable mess of gore. A middle aged woman was emerging from the house the ninja was perched upon, and he decided to garner some information. Leaping down, a black clothed hand deftly slid into her obi as the other pressed against her mouth. Her eyes grew wide and the woman froze in fear.

"Do not scream. Move. Or be afraid. I am a friend. Nod if you understand."

She did so. Shoku released the hand over her mouth but kept his hold on her waist, still not quite trusting her not to cause a fuss.

"What happened here?" he asked.

"A w-woman. A samurai I think. She strode into the village demanding food and Taro confronted her...he...he..." she took a moment to forcibly calm herself before speaking again. "She killed him. Her sword came down again, and again..." this time she couldn't hold back a soft sob.

"I am sorry for your loss. Where did she go? If she is such a beast, then she is no different from a bandit. The Hyonma clan would lose nothing from eliminating her." his voice held a cool edge.

The village woman turned to look back, an incredulous face painted across her, but Shoku gently held her head in check. "You...your a ninja? Th-then you can help! She went east, out of the village barely a bell ago." the hand across her waist was removed and she spun to face her interrogator. To find empty air. Myo stood in silence for a few moments before returning to the scene of Taro's death.

Once more shifting through the emerald leaves of the trees, Shoku was heading east, parallel to the road trail. If the lady samurai was only walking, even at a brisk pace he would sight her in less than a half hour. She would pay for slaying an innocent.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Sakura had sat down by a tree to relax a bit. She roasted to meat from the village over a campfire. The smell was good. Just as she took a bit of the meat she heard footsteps. She noticed a man come down the road. He looked like a ninja. Sakura stood up and went to the path. "Good day. Are you on your way to Kagoshima? Or did Kyoto or Nagasaki send ninjas after me again just because I am the daughter of General Ryashiki who was betrayed by his own nation years ago? If you dont want to fight then you can come with me. I was invited to the Mistress of Kagoshimas funeral. She was killed by bandits. I am a good friend of the lord and his ally. If you are wondering why my clothes are soaked with blood, I defended one of my villages from a bandit raid on my way out of my poor but strong fiefdom." She said.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Soon enough, after a short while of travel the tracks grew fresher. Intermittantly a spot of blood would appear between footsteps. Shoku slowed down and descended towards the road. The murderous assailant's footprints veered from the road slightly and onto the side into the shade of a particularly large tree. He made his prescence known and made no attempt to hide. This monster will...pay?

Sitting there in the lessened dark of the shade was a lovely maiden with vibrantly hued hair and eyes. It looked like he'd caught her finishing up a meal, Shoku could smell meat...and the tang of blood. She was drenched in it. The azure woman arose and strode onto the road, addressing the ninja as she grew closer. His hand drifted down the hilt of the right-side blade when she began.

"Good day. Are you on your way to Kagoshima?" she spoke.

"Why-"

"Or did Kyoto or Nagasaki send ninjas after me again just because I am the daughter of General Ryashiki who was betrayed by his own nation years ago?" still she talked.

"Can you-"

"If you dont want to fight then you can come with me. I was invited to the Mistress of Kagoshimas funeral. She was killed by bandits. I am a good friend of the lord and his ally. If you are wondering why my clothes are soaked with blood, I defended one of my villages from a bandit raid on my way out of my poor but strong fiefdom." finally the woman took a moment to breath. Quite the talker...

"Ok...to answer your question, yes, I am on my way to Kagoshima, but I have a few loose ends to tie up here." she had said that the blood was from bandits...the same that Shoku had seen earlier? No, no...but the tracks didn't lie. She had left the bandit camp, and entered the village. There was no doubt that this woman was responsible for the man's death. She just chose not to reveal the whole truth. That didn't mean she wouldn't prove useful before an untimely demise.
"Yes, I am a ninja. Of the Hyonma Clan. You may address me as Sho." Shoku couldn't help but let his eyes drift towards the soaked kimono hugging her curves. He quickly righted his gaze and made a proposition. "About a mile from our current position is a bandit stronghold. It is numbered to hold over three-hundred armed men and the first part of my mission in Higoshima consists of killing it's leaders. Since you apparently know how to handle yourself, I'd like your help. After this we can continue on to Higoshima. Together if you wish. Having a ninja watch your back is always good, ad I could use a meat shield."

The young ninja made no mention of the murder, and put emphasis on the word 'after'. He wanted her to know that this was more a demand than a request.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 pm

"Sounds good then. Would you like some meat? Earlier today I was in a village. I only asked for some food but they seemed pretty hostile since I am not welcome in the land between my castle and Kagoshima. A man attacked me and I killed him." Sakura lied. "Since they only had rice but no meat I butchered that coward. I dont eat human meat often. Only when there is no fish or pork around." Sakura got up and put the fire out. She put the warm meat into a bag. "I doubt you'd eat the meat. You are probably a bit disgusted and think I am a barbarian. It has been like this since I was 16. Everyone turned on me. I was orphaned when I was six. My father was executed for violating the samurai code. One day my sensei and my fellow senpai tried to kill me. I had no other choice than kill them." She took a short break from speaking, then continued: "I wandered the lands in search for a new home but many just used me. But one day I met the lord of Kagoshima. He was kind. He needed someone to deal with rogue shinobi who were attacking his villages. At the time I was 18. I took care of it alone and he rewarded me greatly and wanted me to be his ally. I accepted the offer and got a fiefdom of four villages and a small castle. I have trained two samurai and still have 9 samurai in training. I dont want much from the villagers. I train them in swordsmanship and they bring me wood, ore and food." Sakura looked down at her fine Odachi. "This sword, I made myself. I was trained to fight with an Odachi. Its heavy at the beginning but after a while its a piece of cake. So whats with you?" She said walking down the road.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Well, that was easy. This woman doesn't like bandits much it seems. The pair began their trek down the dirt road, and Sakura began to speak once more.

"Sounds good then. Would you like some meat? Earlier today I was in a village. I only asked for some food but they seemed pretty hostile since I am not welcome in the land between my castle and Kagoshima. A man attacked me and I killed him." a lie, of course. "Since they only had rice but no meat I butchered that coward. I dont eat human meat often. Only when there is no fish or pork around." Shoku kept his face impassive but shuddred internally. Killing men was one thing, but eating them? The thought revolted him.

"I see." his response was curt, as he expected her to continue.

"I doubt you'd eat the meat. You are probably a bit disgusted and think I am a barbarian. It has been like this since I was 16. Everyone turned on me. I was orphaned when I was six. My father was executed for violating the samurai code. One day my sensei and my fellow senpai tried to kill me. I had no other choice than kill them."

"Indeed." whether Shoku was talking about his disgust or Sakura having no other options, he did not say. The two continued on in silence for a short while, the air thick with thought and tension before the lady samurai spoke once more.

"I wandered the lands in search for a new home but many just used me. But one day I met the lord of Kagoshima. He was kind. He needed someone to deal with rogue shinobi who were attacking his villages. At the time I was 18. I took care of it alone and he rewarded me greatly and wanted me to be his ally. I accepted the offer and got a fiefdom of four villages and a small castle. I have trained two samurai and still have 9 samurai in training. I dont want much from the villagers. I train them in swordsmanship and they bring me wood, ore and food." Sakura looked down at her Odachi. "This sword, I made myself. I was trained to fight with an Odachi. Its heavy at the beginning but after a while its a piece of cake. So whats with you?" her bright eyes met his own and his mind reeled for a moment deciding what exactly to say.

"Well, you had the right of it Ryashiki-san." he called her by what he assumed was her surname. "I'm just a ninja." his eyes returned to the road, the destination not too far ahead. After another minute bushes smeared with dried blood marked the entrance to the target area. "This is it. Nomu Stronhold, three-hundred bandits strong." Shoku pointed at the makeshift tower peeking above the treline within the compound. "I'm going there. I'll need you to cause as a big a distraction you can. Kill, loot, pillage, it matters not, they're bandits. I should not be long, and if you are still alive by the time of my completion, I will retrieve you." in truth, the ninja cared not whether the murderer died at the blades of bandits or his own.

"Good luck."

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 pm

"Ok. I will take care of them." Sakura pulled her sword and walked in. She whistled. A couple bandits came out. "What do we have here? A girl seemed to lost her way." A bandit said but then saw that she was covered in blood. Sakura then said: "Your friends are already dead. I killed them all and since you decided to attack my land, you practically declared war on me. I have come to destroy you." She huffed steam again and took off towards the bandits, killing some before they could even pull their swords. "You are in the way of my goal." Sakura said as she wanted to kill them because they were an obstacle for her evil plans.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 pm

After her agreement the ninja melted into the shadows of the trees, climbing an leaping in silence. For a short while, all was silent, but after a couple minutes the sound of clashing metal and dying moans could be heard. Shoku smiled slightly at Sakura's ability to take orders from a complete stranger so well. His mind sharpened and he focused on the objective, the first target came into sight; Jin, the Golden Edge. A pretentious name for a flambouyant fool, he thought with a grim smile. The samurai was an older gentlemen with a dark brown kimono and almost no hair left on his head, as well as a contingent of about twenty men and women. Luckily about two thirds of them were leaving to check on the 'disturbance'. Perfect.

With a single bound the Hyonma assassin was crouched in front of an extremely surprised Jin, a hand wrapped in a white-knuckle grip around his left side blade. The target quickly recovered from his initial shock and gave a confident smile, readying himself to draw his own sword, a katana. Both shinobi and samurai drew at the same time and a bur of movement signaled their clash. In what would seem like the same moment a spray of blood washed over the unsure bandits still in the vicinity. When the crimson fountain died down it was clear who the victor was. Shoku stood erect with his drawn ninjato at his side. Jin was on both knees, head lolling at an awkward angle, hanging from a flap of skin at the back of his neck. The old man had underestimated his attacker and assumed that his draw time would be much slower, due to the katana-length scabbard in which he kept his ninjato in. The bandits, who were about to interfere, were stunned yet again by the decpaitation of one of their strongest members.

"Attack!" was the last Shoku heard from the henchmen before taking his leave.

In another moment the shinobi was back in the trees, having leaped a great height with technologically enhanced limbs and sheathed the ninjato in a single movement. Another five minutes of travel into the compund was all it took before the next target was revealed. An arrow came sailing out of the top-most window of the tower towards Shoku. Concealed as he was, the arrow soared unerringly through the daylit sky for the assassin. It wasn't too hard to see a black arrow against a blue sky and the man knew there was no time to dodge and leapt up above the treeline to meet the projectile instead. A hand reached back and the iron tessen was brought to bear, flaring out before the arrow. The compact wood splintered upon impact as Shoku waved the dark metal fan, and he caught a glimpse of the attacker. A younger woman, no older than twenty-five stood with a particularly large yumi bow on the balcony of the tower. A heavyset figure was slumped next to her, face down in the wood. A wakizashi protruded from it's back. The brown haired archer must have met his eyes, because she screamed.

"You will pay for master Totano's death!"

Her exclaimation was drowned out by the rush of wind flooding Shoku's ears as he fell back into the trees, nearing the tower. Totano Yagyuu was the main target of the mission, and it looks like he had comitted ritual suicide for some reason. This girl must be the last target then. Onami the Black Lightning. Bringing the tessen to bear once again, another arrow was deflected. This wasn't going to be easy.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Just north of Kagoshima was a small fishing village. Silence fell the moment the four men riding on horses came into view. All the men were dressed royally with samurais at their sides. An arrogant chuckle escaped the one leading the clan. His dark stare burned directly at one individual. Ikue’s heart pounded loud within her chest. Heartbeats rhythm echoed in her ears. Every nerve fiber in her body screamed to run. She stood her back turned to them, her vision fixated upon the locals before her. She was a bounty-hunter and very little knew of her existence. Slowly, Ikue looked from left to right. The sun was high and blazing, beating heat upon her satin skin. Beads of sweat formed from her forehead, rolling down her cheeks only to drip off her chin and land upon the dry ground, thirsting for something to drink. Her warm amber orbs would occasionally catch a few surrounding her, but soon after the ones around her mattered no more.

The commanding leader, Taro Minoru, spoke accusingly, "You fit the description. You killed Shoji Ichiro." Shoji Ichiro was a wealthy man who owned a small army. He governed various small villages, one was Yoroido; her village. Minoru impatiently called out to her. "Ikue... Shiratori Ikue", he stated.

A sly grin tugged at her full scarlet lips. Ikue rolled her shoulders, relaxing her muscles. She replied sarcastically, "I'm impressed. Your observation astounds me, but your ignorance knows no boundaries. Do you really think you can capture me?"

Minoru only laughed, mocking her. "Please, child. Turn yourself in. Surely..." ,he paused to look at his comrades beside him, " You can't mean to fight us all. A woman's place is in bed beside her man. Or do you not know what a man is?" Minoru baited Ikue.

Without thought, slowly, her right hand crossed over her chest, reaching for the hilt of her Uchigatana. Sliding the blade out its sheath, her slender form would turn fluidly. Her golden gaze challenged the mans steel gray stare. Ikue’s face, though benevolent looking, held no expression that would give away whatever emotional turmoil that was hidden within. She stood with her feet shoulder lengths apart, right hand gripping her Uchigatana. The blade felt good in her hold. The feeling as if it was a part of her--An extension of her arm. The blades tip pointed downward before she brought it up, wrapping her left hand just below her right. Now she stood with the blade in front of her, the sharps end at the enemy’s direction. Readying herself for an attack. "I'd hate to have to kill you without a price." She said challengingly.

Minoru dismounted his horse. Another arrogant chuckle escapes his lips. He inched closer to Ikue as the commoners dispersed. His right hand calmly resting on the hilt of his samurai, withdrawing his sword. The unsheathing sound made his men dismount their horses. Minoru held up his left hand. They stopped behind him and nodded, pulling back. He stared at her, mesmerized by her unseen beauty. It was the kind that you have to really look at to appreciate. A subtle beauty. A bit rough around the edges, but nothing that water and a good etiquette wouldn't do.
Minoru spoke again, " Surely, you do not wish to battle with me?" He asked mirroring her stance. "I don't wish to hurt that pretty skin of yours. It's only natural to obey a man." He then grinned.

His laughter mocked her defiance. The rest of his followers soon followed with his laughing. Her mind becoming slowly at ease as the voice of her father brushed up against her mind, remembering. His words were a gentle caress against her minds wall. "Ikue-chan, relax. You cannot effectively execute a move and expect to recover if your mind is filled with rage. Take a deep breathe daughter of mine. Exhale slowly and allow yourself to be free. You cannot depend on your blade alone. Strength doesn’t always have to be used. Sometimes something soft and gentle can take down what strength alone cannot." Her fathers’ words. He was always teaching her, showing her that violence wasn’t always the answer. And sometimes we have to do what is necessary. A sting could be felt behind her eyelids. The sensation of tears threatened at the rims, but dignity fought them back. Inhaling the afternoon air, deeply, allowing her lungs to take in as much as possible. Slowly she exhaled, her body becoming relaxed. Her mind at ease as it played out various moves and counterattacks.

Ikue raised her Uchigatana just above her waist and ran towards him. Minoru came up with his blade to block the attack, using hi weight to push her slender form back. Ikue stumbled back, flipping to land firmly on her feet. She held out her Uchigatana in right hand, peering up at him. Minoru took the opened opportunity and came down at her with much fierce. Ikue then blocked oncoming blow with her Uchigatana, pushing him back with a forceful front kick to his abdomen. Minoru staggered back, hunching over. His dark stare still locked on hers. The two went at it for what seemed like forever. Each countering the other just the opposite. Arms burning, lungs filling like it was about to explode, Ikue came with another forceful blow. Already, she observed his attacks. She knew his next move. When Minorus' blade came down at her in mid-air, Ikue swung her Uchigatana forcing his blade to her right. Following her swinging momentum, she turned, her left hand reaching back and unsheathing her Wakizashi. Swiftly, she dug the blade in his side, respectively. Minoru stared shockingly at her. Death took his breath, unable to speak.

"I can't hear you." She said wickedly. Minoru choked, blood spewing from his mouth. Ikue withdrew her Wakizashi. She re-sheathed her Uchigatana and Wakizashi in one quick fluid motion. Minoru fell heavily on the ground. His comrades scared and dumbfounded dismounted their horses. She came at them, jumping in mid-air. Fear froze the three comrades, slowly taking their samurai's out. As she landed and before they even fully unsheathed their weapons, Ikue slid Uchigatana out cutting them with one smooth lightening fast motion. The three men fell helplessly in their pool of blood.

Ikue wiped her blade clean with the dead man's royal clothing, sheathing it back. The warm wind blew, sending her mass of raven strands flying about. She'd relish in that moment before she exited the fishermen's village. East of Kagoshima was her next destination. Perhaps she'd pick up another bounty
Image <===Click me, please. ^_^

Kaileena
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 pm

A man's long, thin blade reached out in the haze of a foggy midnight. The blade tapped the shoulder of a younger man, who had a large Zweihander clipped to his back on leather belts, a cloth, turtle-neck muscle shirt underneath the belts, and black jean-looking pants with a brown belt sown quickly through the loops. His hand rested on the hilt of his blade, and in seconds it was unclipped, and the older man with the longer blade's sword was clashing against it. "The power of the Buster." The older man said, their blades meeting countless times, the annoying clashing sound of metal on metal emanating through the thronging crowds in the courtyard of the small fishing village. "It is indeed strong. It was a gift." The younger man said, and with two quick movements, side-stepped a stab and disarmed the older man, with a swift, third movement, the Buster Sword's tip was pressed against the soft of the older man's neck. "You have grown strong, Hizaki Inorunu." He said, one finger pushing the Buster to the side. Hizaki bowed. "I am aware, Master Inakian." He muttered, returning the Buster to his back, and retrieving his current Master's long-sword katana. "No, keep it, Hizaki." He said, and Hizaki bowed once more, and taking a leather sheath from the now outstretched hand of Inakian. He tied the sheath to his belt and returned the sword to it's home. "Thank you, Inakian Hoyo." He said, now walking through the crowd of people that were to watch the coming of Hizaki's advancement.

Hizaki's icy blue eyes searched through the small fisherman's village, the village was a major competitor of fishing, and constantly held small competitions. Hizaki's slow advancement from the village saddened him, like always. Hizaki continued his silent walk, the ending walk. Tonight was the night he would finally finish his mission, in whatever way he wanted. He was to speak with the Lord of Kagoshima tonight, and, either kill him, or acquire his rightful place as Lord. Hizaki shook his head, his dark-brown mane of spiked hair behind his head blowing slightly in the wind. With one hand on the hilt of the Buster, and another on Yuuryoko, or Courage, the katana of Inakian. His silent ascent up the small hill, was saddening at the least, Inakian had been his Master for two years now, and he respected him. He just could not stay there anymore. He was royal, or he was meant to be. His family had been thrown from power by the current Lord's family years ago, and tonight he was to return to his rightful position as Lord, in whatever means possible.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 am

It wasn't too soon that the night slowly engulfed the day. The locals were already gathering their things to close for the night. She kicked at the few rocks before her as she followed the trail, descending down the hill.

She looked around, searching for a container that might've held any form of liquid. Perhaps she should've stopped at the local inn and cleaned herself. She paused a moment, looking down at her blood stained hands. Images of disembodied soldiers, captains, and the likes played relentlessly within her mind. She'd heard her fathers kind words-- Always teaching her. Her mother's face came to her, smiling at her. Her heart ached then. How'd she miss them so much. Would they be proud of her? What would life have been like if they were still alive?

Ikue clenched her fist, angrily. Her tears threatening to escape its hold. Slowly, she inhaled and exhaled and closed her eyes. The soft cool night air whirled around her form, and she looked up at the dark sky only to reopen her eyes. She'd wipe the single tear that had manage to escape, smearing blood down her cheeks.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 am

Hizaki's gaze turned to the sillhouette of a woman descending the hill, and he rushed to her, seeing her blood-stained clothes and face. "Are you...Are you hurt, miss?" He asked, taking her hand in a protective manner. He noticed her blade. "You..." His gaze met her face once more. "Ikue...Shiratori..." He whispered, and his hand stayed on hers, like a protective boyfriend making sure another man didn't steal his girl. "The bounty-hunter." He said, and nodded his head slowly. "My deepest respects for you, miss." He said, bowing deeply, respectfully. "Do you require aid, Ikue, err, miss?" He asked, fingering the hilt of the Buster Blade, before taking it out and, holding it out, he touched his forehead to it's flat, in a prayer of sorts. "Sorry, my way of praying for you and myself, I think I may find myself your new target soon, and, when that day comes, I will not be looking forward to it." He said, re-clipping the Buster on his back. He silently took in the beauty of this woman, and, with eyes and face showing no further emotion, he harbored a physical attraction to the bounty-hunter. In his mind's eye, he remembered the moment he had acquired the mighty, fabled, legendary blade.

"Hizaki!" Yelled a man of about fourty, whom was carrying the Buster Sword. A boy of about ten or eleven approached the man. "Yes, father?" The boy asked, and looked over the mighty blade of the fabled Warrior, Hisana Inorunu. "Hold the Buster, I believe you should try and support it's weight once more." The man said, the hilt of the Buster being transferred from father to son. The Buster suddenly seemed weightless in the hands of Hizaki, whom was surprised to say the least. "It...It is light as a feather." Hizaki mumbled, and Hisana grinned widely. "Then you are ready. Your training begins today." Hisana said simply, leading Hizaki across the plain near their home.

((Sorry, it's short, I don't have much inspiration tonight, and, your post didn't give me a whole lot to work with.))

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 am

After a short time, Sakura had taken out all of the bandits who opposed her. She then wiped off her blade and put it back in its sheath. She waited for the ninja to come back. She knew that that guy didnt trust her because he had a look in his eyes. "I that guy gets suspicious I will have to kill him." She thought. "Just wait and see. Maybe he isnt that bad."

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:25 am

Ikue tilted her head, confused. Who was this person? She quirked a thinly shape brow at him and stepped back. Her right hand already at the hilt of her Uchigatana, ready.

Purposely, she avoided his question with a question. Ikue wasn't the type to converse in matters where herself was concerned. She licked her dry lips and asked, "Who are you?"

She'd watched him curiously. Is this man mad? Perhaps, she thought. And if this odd man were her next kill, surely she did not wish to befriend him. One of the many reason she never really spoke to anyone. Who knew who her next bounty was?
The cool night air encircled between the two. Silence filled the space between them before she wrinkled her nose at the stench of blood filling her nostrils.

Irritated, she walked around him, passing him. She left the question alone and headed down. The trail below would spill out into a wider path which eventually led into the woods. She remembered passing the river that nestled in the middle of the forest, running north and south with fairly large hills on either sides. She started to walk but then stop. She paused and sighed.

She had completely forgot that this very village was near a lake. "Gah..." Irritated, she smacked her forehead with her left hand, turning back around. She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she'd completely forgotten. Ikue cursed at herself, not liking how stupid she'd looked.

She could feel the mans gaze fixated on her as she passed him. Perhaps fear took his voice? Of course. A young woman covered in blood with weapons. Who wouldn't wonder? "Heh.." Ikue chuckled to herself; amused by her own thought. She'd make her way back up the hill and into the village. Everyone would have already locked themselves their home. "Perfect." She mumbled to herself.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 am

Breath after breath was a miniature haze of steam, a bi-product of steam technology that seemed so common in those integrated with it. The Hyonma shinobi stood on the tower balcony overlooking the bandit compound, two prone figures now lying before him. Totano was already dead, the coward must have heard a that not only a samurai with unnatural power was coming, but also a shinobi of clan Hyonma and took his own life. His woman on the other hand had put up a hell of a fight, sending a veritable storm of arrows from her vantage point. The Black Lightning had easily been the best archer Shoku had encountered in a long while. Two arrows, one protruding from his left shoulder and the other in his left thigh spoke of the archer woman's skill with the yumi. The young ninja inhaled deeply to calm his racing heart before setting to finish the mission. Placing two fingers upon the targets chest, which had been sliced into with his tessen, Shoku smeared the digits in her blood. Using the grisly medium he took all of ten seconds to paint a crude picture, but one of great import; A three headed snake. This symbol of his clan would show that Shoku had completed the mission and was still alive, and serve as a warning for any who would peak the interest of the Hyonma clan.

After the sigil was finished Shoku decided it was time to take his leave of this place. He crouched, tensing leg muscles and burst forth in a running start. In another instant the steamborg was in the air over the forest. Upon landing on a sturdy branch Shoku did not slow in stride and kept up a brisk pace. A large amount of bandits, Shoku noticed, were fleeing from the direction of the entrance. Hm. I suppose either word spreads fast of a leader's death, or you put on a hell of a show woman. he knew he would see for himself soon enough. Of course, with nothing to slow down his progress it only took a few minutes to reach the lady samurai. She had just finished off another bandit and the area seemed clear.

"Time to go." Shoku had leapt down, just behind Sakura and kept on walking towards the exit. "Good work."

Scanning the area it was apparent that the captains had the most skill of the bandit coalition, most of the henchmen were only armed with crude iron blades and bo-staves if at all.

"Heh, maybe I should have taken the grunt work." he lamented silently. "But thank you Ryashiki-san."

The ninja continued onward and out of the bloodsoaked area to resume travel on the road. He did not particularly like the girl, but she seemed intent on the death of the bandits. Maybe she wasn't so bad...was she telling the truth about killing that villager in self defense? No...she had answered his questions much to quickly and willingly for it to be truth. What was her angle? Banishing the distracting thoughts Shoku realized that the arrows were still jutting out of his body. In a couple seconds both whad been pulled out and fell to the ground with a clatter. Breathing deeply and finding his center, he called upon ancient training and felt himself in a detached state, as if looking at himself from somewhere else. Shoku could see the damaged parts of his body as white blotches on a totally black form, and quickly forced the wounds together. as soon as the wounds had closed he returned to a normal state. He'd been walking the entire time and the arrow wounds were nothing more than red marks on his skin now. With that done it was time to accompany a most strange lady samurai to Higoshima.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:58 am

Sakura got to the Kagoshima lands with Shoku. The town was already visible in the distance. "I would have to kill him if he is an obstacle for my plans." Slipped out of Sakuras mouth. She had already begun with her plans by annexing a village since she only had three villages before. She smiled at Shoku. "You dont think you can trust me do you." Sakura said gazing at Shoku. "Well you shouldnt. I may seem kind but I have plans for the welfare of my territory. I would spare anyone I could but it isnt possible. I have many enemies and only one ally. Be my friend and I wont see you as a threat. I like you and wouldnt want to hurt someone I like. I could even offer your clan to settle in my territory and govern a village. It is a beautiful place there. There are plenty of fish in the small river and nice people." Sakura said and smiled again. She put her arm around Shoku. "What do you say, Sho-kun?"

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am

The pair made traveled for a few more miles, exchanging few words and some conversation regarding the state of Higoshima and the like. Eventually Shoku and Sakura arrived at a hillside overlooking the town. He thought that his traveling companion said something when suddenly Sakura came to a halt. The ninja followed suit, turning slightly to regard her action. He didn't trust this woman to be behind him. Something was on her mind, and it looked like this wasn't going to end well if she didn't like his answer. The samurai gave an impish smile before speaking.

"You dont think you can trust me do you." she said, her unrelenting gaze bearing into him. "Well you shouldnt. I may seem kind but I have plans for the welfare of my territory. I would spare anyone I could but it isnt possible. I have many enemies and only one ally. Be my friend and I wont see you as a threat. I like you and wouldnt want to hurt someone I like. I could even offer your clan to settle in my territory and govern a village. It is a beautiful place there. There are plenty of fish in the small river and nice people." Sakura said and smiled again. She put her arm around Shoku, a gesture that made him feel a little uneasy. "What do you say, Sho-kun?"

The familiar way in which Sakura spoke and acted towards him only increased the amount of tension between them. For what seemed like an eternity Shoku simply stared into the girl's eyes. Such a young woman, pretty too...what could have made her like this? Contemplating any other possible options, he thought of planting a couple poison darts between her eyes. It wouldn't be too hard but...something stopped him. A small voice in the back of his mind. Finally, Shoku had an answer.

"It is doubtful that my clan would care for anything you can offer. The Hyonma have...odd interests. That is to say though, I am not opposed to the idea." the tanned skin lad raised a finger and gave a warm smile of his own. "I guess we can be allies."

Slipping out of her light hold he turned to face her again, the smile turning hard and forced.

"But if you kill another innocent, I will kill you." to be truthful, he wasn't sure that his skill would be enough to best the woman in a fair fight. but ninja don't fight fair.

"Deal?"

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 pm

"Fine then." Sakura said and smiled. She wouldnt keep it as a promise anyways. She got to the area where the funeral would be. She saw the lord of Kagoshima. "Hello, dear friend." She said. The lord got the shivers when she said that from behind him. "Ryashiki-chan you finally came. It is sad that my wife was killed by a bandit." The lord said. He seemed to be as fishy as Sakura. He didnt show his emotions too well. He hugged Sakura and let out a fake cry. "Thank goodness you are here. It seems like you already took out some bandits." "My friend Sho-kun helped me here. He seemed to have a mission of some sort, Ichigo." Sakura said. She then gave him a note which wrote: "You killed her didnt you?" The lord looked at her in shock then nodded. He threw the note into the fire to rid the evidence. "Come my friends. Have a tea." Ichigo said. He went over to Shoku and poked his muscles: "What a strong ninja you are.^^"

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:26 pm

It seemed like an agreement had been reached between the two and Sakura Ryashiki led them to a large area filled with a variety of patrons. After wading through the crowd, Shoku saw what the gathering was all about. A funeral. Several noblemen and women dressed in regal finery crowded around a fairly husky man with a drooping mustache. The pair approached the strange man and waved a greeting.

"Hello, dear friend." she said, apparently catching him off gaurd because he gave a start.

"Ryashiki-chan you finally came. It is sad that my wife was killed by a bandit." this must be the lord that Ryashiki had mentioned earlier. He didn't seem too banged up about the ordeal. He hugged Sakura and let out a high pitched wail. "Thank goodness you are here. It seems like you already took out some bandits." that was obvious...the samurai was covered in spatters of dried blood.

"My friend Sho-kun helped me here. He seemed to have a mission of some sort, Ichigo." Sakura said before handing over a piece of parchment to the lord. Whatever was on it must have unnerved him from his expression, but he nodded and burned the note in a nearby brazier.

"Come my friends. Have a tea." Ichigo said. He went over to Shoku and poked his muscles: "What a strong ninja you are." the cheery smile was pretty creepy, but the shinobi forced a grin and turned to Sakura.

"I have some...buisness to attend to. I'll be along shortly." with that he melted into the crowd attending the funeral. He was searching for someone, which would have been odd considering he wasn't from this area, if he wasn't of the Hyonma clan of course. In mere moments the cold point of a tanto pressed against the base of Shoku's spine. Within the throng of people nobody would notice the supposed assailant. A breathy, feminine voice whispered into his ear.

"Looks like you're losing your edge Sho-kun."

Realizing who it was, he let out a short chuckle and nudged his own blade against her breast. The ninjato had already been drawn and poised to kill. "You think so?"

The Hyonma informant puffed a derisive snort and sheathed her dagger, Shoku did the same. She embraced the shinobi much like a lover would in order to whisper information into his ear. The Hyonma clan relayed all information verbally, as to keep from stealing secrets. "We've been watching you." that wasn't surprising. "You tricked that little trollop into trusting you eh? Good. Kill her when the opportunity presents itself. That lord as well. We can take care of any bystanders who may have heard our clan name being thrown around. This can be done at your leisure. Once the girl is dead taking her little territory should be easy. There is also a bounty hunter that murdered the cousin of an important benifactor. End her as well."

Shoku had not spoken during the entire exchange, just absorbed the weight of the assignment. The informant was already gone.

It seems as if I'll be killing quite a few women before the week is done.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:47 am

"Did you get the ninja the impression you trust him?" The lord asked. Sakura nodded. "He said he was of the Hyonma clan." "Hyonma eh? They are another problem I have. They are after my land. Probably after yours too." The lord said. Then Sakura said: "Seriously? I should request some friends to watch after my castle. It might be an advantage if I annex the land between yours and mine. I have taken out their few troops and the son of the lord there would betray his father to join me with his loyal followers." She gazed over to Sho noticing he was talking to a woman. "We need to interrogate that woman." Sakura said.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!