Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Warriors of the Mist IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Warriors of the Mist IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Wading through the thicket of viewers proved to be a less daunting task this time, as many of those attending the funeral were beginning to disperse. It wasn't until a few steps toward the direction that Sakura was in did the ninja realize, where exactly was this lady mercenary the informant went on about? An irritated sigh escaped his lips and Shoku hung his head in frustration...to feel a crunch below his chin, within the dark long-scarf. Raising his eyebrows in a silent question the shinobi reached into the garment to reveal a small piece of parchment. The note was tucked into the fabric of the shirt and Shoku walked on with a faint grin.

I always forget that i'm not the only skilled shinobi of my clan...I wonder where she is now... his thoughts drifted back to the informant, who had already shed the disguise of a funeral attendee and was shifting through the deep shadows of the buildings. The fact that the sun was setting only accentuated her ability to blend in, just as Shoku had done numerous times. But alas, he would never know this, for his mission was elsewhere. Coming within a couple feet of the gaudy lord and Ryashiki snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Ryashiki-san, i'd like to know how long we are staying here. I have other buisness to attend to, killing bandits is only a secondary goal, and staying here accomplishes neither." the shinobi made a point of not acknowledging lord Ichigo. It didn't sit well with Shoku to speak with a man who would choke on his own blood soon enough. Sakura on the other hand, was a necessary evil. Whatever it is she had planned could be quite detrimental to the Hyonma clan's interests and should be nipped in the bud before it could come to fruition.

"Of course, I have no choice but to stay with you. We are allies. Until you decide otherwise, I am your tatetenshi." he smiled with the last word, gaurdian angel. For now at least.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 am

Before Shoku came back lord Ichigo told his men to arrest any ninja who isnt Shoku. "Ryashiki-san, i'd like to know how long we are staying here. I have other buisness to attend to, killing bandits is only a secondary goal, and staying here accomplishes neither." Shoku said. Then Sakura answered: "Well I am only here for the afternoon. I will take a horse back after talking some with Ichigo-kun. I cant stay away from my land too long. While you were gone I was informed that the bandits are based from the area between Kagoshima and my land." She turned to Ichigo. "Whoever comes by to help, sent them to me." "Sakura-chan. I think I will come with you. I could need some relaxation in a rural area. My uncle will watch after my lands. He is a better samurai than I am but doesnt seem to follow the code when it comes to seppuku. He'd rather die in battle than by his own blade." Ichigo said. Sakura nodded.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7skullz on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:56 am

Hitsuomi waded carefully through the crowds of Kagoshima, perched atop his horseback. Previous brothers in arms bowed to him, women and children stared in awe. Others seemed simply uncaring. His naginata was out but tucked under his arm. He watched the strange once-humans, now called Steamborgs. They disgusted him, but he put up with it.

He left the city as day turned to night. His armour reflected the soft blue glow of the moon as he headed north to a small fishing village near a lake.

He could see a woman, beauteous yet covered in blood, ushigatana drawn. He rode up a small ways, then dismounted. He sheathed his naginata and drew his nodachi, holding it in a strong, one-handed grip. "Woman. Who are you? What are you doing here? It is illegal for all but the samurai to draw weapons in this prefecture. State your business, or we shall fight."
"All men and women are beastly, and when skinned, a beast in velvet is a beast for all to see" -Jacopo Tarradasch

7skullz
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 pm

The response Sakura issued wasn't quite what he was expecting, but welcome none the less.

"Well I am only here for the afternoon. I will take a horse back after talking some with Ichigo-kun. I cant stay away from my land too long. While you were gone I was informed that the bandits are based from the area between Kagoshima and my land."

The ninja kept his face neutral and gave a shallow bow to Ryashiki before reaching into his pocket to retrieve a scrap of paper. The lady samurai had turned back to speak to lord Ichigo again, so Shoku slipped the scrap into the sash of her kimono before taking his leave. On the paper was inscribed the Clan Hyonma symbol of the three headed snake as well as directions on how to summon a clan ninja. Simply tearing the parchment, scattering the pieces to the wind and speaking his or her name would carry a message in the wind to your designated shinobi. This way, Shoku could keep in contact with this...'particular' indivual.

After a few minutes of navigating through the clearing streets Shoku arrived at the edge of town. The sunset made the buildings cast long shadows which provided a shroud in which to cover his escape. In a matter of seconds he was on the road leading out of Higoshima, opposite to the one he and Sakura had entered earlier.

Very little time passed from that point before curiosity got the best of the ninja and he brought out the folded paper the informant had slipped into his scarf. Unraveling it, it was plain to see that it was a ninja summoning scroll just as he'd given Ryashiki. Not breaking stride Shoku intoned the words that would bring the informant to his side. She had guessed, quite correctly in fact, that the funeral wasn't a safe place to be. Eyes closed, her name was spoken aloud in a ritualistic tone.

"Miharu Hyonma, I summon you-"

A gentle finger placed upon his lips halted the ninja mid sentence. Before him stood the informant, dressed in the guise of an attractive noblewoman. She smiled and removed her hand.

"I figured you'd be summoning me soon anyways, the scroll was just a formality." Miharu dropped the smile and the two Hyonma ninja continued to walk down the path, already a fair distance from Higoshima. "It was pretty hard getting out of that place...a man wearing all black was arrested right after you left."

Shoku shot her a questioning look, prompting her to continue.

"Looks like the Higoshima gaurds are hunting for ninja. None too bright though," she giggled childishly, nearly bursting out laughing, "it's like they think a ninja would actually dress as such in broad daylight!" the informant caught herself to find Shoku glaring at her. "Your an exception sempai. You could kill them without much hassle anyway. Espionage was always more my thing."

It was his turn to chuckle, and soon enough the two were having a good laugh about it. Looking upon the scene, one would picture two old friends reuniting after a great deal of seperation. Not an assassin and a spy.

"Anyway, your target isn't too far away. Just four miles down the trail and you should be within her range. I'm sure you could track her from there. Here." Miharu handed him a small black case. The shinobi stuck it to his sash and nodded in thanks. Within were about twenty senbon coated with a mild sedative. The informant smiled and began to walk into the open field next to the trail, Shoku didn't break stride. The next time he looked back, she was already gone.

Now he was heading east. Towards one woman with a decidedly short future.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Ikue would leave her question to hang as she continued up the trailed path. The blood that stained her hands and face was already becoming a nuisance. She'd turn to see if the man was still there. Pausing, she saw that the man had already disappeared. She'd shake her head at the weird encounter and continued.

Another cool breeze passed and chilled her face. Softly gazing around her, the villagers seemed to have taken their beds early only to wake early to get the day started. It was a lot of work. The acknowledgment only brought painful memories of her past. She'd remember the days having to wake early to help her mother with the daily chores. Ikue would make haste with what her mother needed done so she could practice with her father. She loved the times they sparred against each, and her fathers' encouragement. He was always teaching her, but always reminding her that she was a woman first. A single tear managed to escape. But that was all different now, she thought. She'd kill so many men. Knowing that, she knew she was far beyond being a woman first.

Ikue turned right, passing a wooden post. A dried up paper posted upon it warning to all to see about a female. It gave a rough drawing of what the female assailant looked and her crimes. The bounty on her was pretty high. She grabbed the dried paper and crumbled it. Although a bounty-hunter, she'd never killed women, kids, or the weak. There's no honor in that.

Finally she reached the lake's shore. She'd bend from her knees and cupped her hands to dipped them into the surprisingly warm water. Before she'd have a chance, she was interrupted by a man threatening her. She stood, releasing the water from her cupped hands. Her head tilted to the left, her form shifting to the right as her arms folded across her mid-section.

She spoke softly, "Who I am isn't a matter. And as for what I am doing here..." Pausing to search the right words. Clearly, she didn't want to kill without purpose. She inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly to finish. " I am trying to wash myself before daybreak. I don't wish to walk around parading like this." As if she really cared what others thought of her especially her appearance. She didn't have time to worry of such trivial things.

The last command/question irritated her. She really hated when men think that violence was always the answer to things. Ikue gave a slight click of her teeth, sucking another air into her lungs. Not wanting bloodshed without purpose because this man was just doing his job, she answered coolly."Don't worry, sir. I'm just passing through. I needed to wash, and this was the closest body of water."

She gave a nod and turned her slender form away from him. She undid her obi and placed her weapons on the ground near her. Her hakama loosened itself to fall around her feet. Her private areas clearly covered with what looked like bandages. Her semi-nakedness before a man didn't matter to her. All that mattered was washing the stench off of her.

Ikue slowly stepped into the lake, one foot after another. The water came just below her mid-section, and she dipped into it washing her hands and face. The full moons' luminous glow spread across the lake like some enchanted fairly tale. It made it look as if she was in a sea of dark black velvet with crushed diamonds throughout the fabric. It was a beautiful sight that caught her attention. Ikue would take her time and lavish her form into this sea of enchantment.
Image <===Click me, please. ^_^

Kaileena
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:02 am

After drinking some tea with Ichigo and having some personal moments, they began walking to the stables to get on their horses. Sakura noticed a strange woman dressed as a noblewoman. She seemed a bit suspicious. Suddenly the woman was gone. "Ichigo, watch out. I think we have an assassin here." Sakura said. The woman showed back up behind them. Sakura noticed and pulled her sword quickly and swung for the assassin. The woman evaded. Sakura sliced through a wooden pillar as if it was air. The woman then went after her and cut her arm. Sakura didnt seem to be hurt, it was just a scratch. Sakura huffed steam out of her nose and in split second she was behind the assassin and sheathed her sword. The assassins wakizashi then fell apart and a red line formed around her neck. Seconds later her head fell off. "I was trained by the best samurai there is and managed to kill my master. No one should underestimate me." Sakura said looking at the corpse.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Night had fallen soon after the meeting, the fiery sun's light drawing to an end for the day. The lack of light was soon remedied by the rise of a particularly bright moon. It was full...legends always said that men went mad if they gazed upon the full moon at the wrong time, maybe it was true. Shoku kneeled on the slightly damp earth and examined the clues left by his target. Faint indentations in the grass. Small flecks of dried blood, which he assumed belonged to her. Tiny motes of dust accumulated from travel also marred the landscape. Such tracks wouldn't even register with the average person, but Shoku was anything but average. He was drawing close.

As the trail wore on trees began to return to the landscape, to Shoku's delight. After another hour of travel along the road the shinobi came to a small path branching off of the side, the full moon had reached the apex of it's flight through the starry sky. A small wooden post stood near the path. Upon further inspection Shoku saw that a bill for a bounty had been torn off and cast aside. Judging by the dust surrounding where the paper's edges would have been and lack there of in the space it would have occupied, this was recent work.

Out of sheer curiosity, he examined the parchment in order to see what had made her destroy the bill. It was just a bounty for some woman, a tad high but nothing unusual.

Just another psychotic girl. Exactly what I need. he thought sullenly.

Leaping from tree to tree in utter silence, the feudal assassin came to a halt within the darkness of a large pine to gaze out upon the shining crystal surface of a lake. A figure moving within the water immediately caught his eye. A dark haired woman, probably early twenties. Pale skin and very...'ample'. The fact that the maiden was by all means naked didn't sit well with Shoku's personal code of honor. Sighing, the ninja flowed down to the shore overlooking the lake.

"Get your clothes on. You and I are going to have a chat." the young man could only look at her for this sentence before coloring a shade of red and glancing away. He was a man after all. He would stand in the same spot, monitoring her for any sudden movements, but other than that would allow her to speak or gather up her equipment.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Ikue continued to clean herself free from the vile stench of blood that had managed to stick on her like second skin. She'd submerged herself under water for a quick second. The only sound was the water and herself. The man who had spoke with her earlier had left, she thought. No matter. Ikue minded her own business until another had approached her. She turned her attention towards the source, slowly walking to her belongings.

She stared at what she knew was a shinobi. Although appearing casual, her mind went back to her fathers' words. "They traveled in disguise to other territories to judge the situation of the enemy, they would inveigle their way into the midst of the enemy to discover gaps, and enter enemy castles to set them on fire, and carried out assassinations, arriving in secret." Ikue knew then he was there to assassinate her, but for what reasons? As always, before resulting to such violence, she'd gather information and make a conclusion.

With amber eyes fixated upon the Shinobi, she bent over and carefully pick up her clothing. She slipped one arm into her hakama and then the other. The obi was then wrapped around her slender waist securing her Uchigatana and Wakizashi.

A slow smile tugged the corners of her lips as he glanced away with embarrassment. This was something alien to her. Was he shy of her form? Perhaps, she was too ugly to look at? Either way, the curiosity only brought a grin to her placid face. She'd shake her head and squeezed the remaining water from her mass of tendrils.

Her mind constantly working like clockwork, Ikue would observed the man. She wasn't one to under estimate her opponents. There was a reason for him being here and whatever reason that was, her life was on the line.

After she finally gathered herself, she walked cautiously towards the Shinobi. She was careful not to make any sudden move that would give off any sign of threat. It was if she was approaching tiger.

Finally the silence that filled the space between the two was broken by her softly spoken voice. "I'm surprised you didn't just kill me. I did not sense your approach." Ikue admitted and confessed, "How reckless of me." She licked her lips realizing her how parched she was. "I am listening." Was all she said to the Shinobi.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 am

For what seemed like a much longer time than should have been necessary, the woman replaced each item of clothing. She hadn't dried off too well and...well, let's just say the young man would do his best not to stare. Not too hard anyway. Finally Ikue spoke. It was Shoku's turn to smile as she admitted to her being oblivious to his approach. It was alot easier to look a woman in the eye with clothes on.

"My apologies for not ending you swiftly." he nodded toward the lake, faint traces of the grime she'd just washed away floating in the water. "I figured you would prefer to go with some dignity. Am I wrong?"

His face grew stone hard and a deathly stillness overtook the world surrounding them once more. Not even the cicadas stirred. A subtle shift occured as the ninja took a ready stance. Both legs spread to brace against the ground and his handsslid down to his waist, and the posion coated senbon.

"You aren't too shocked by my appearance, so I'm assuming you know exactly what it is I do. You also have the right to know why your final breath will be cast before the sun rises. You have slain the relative of a Hyonma clan benefactor, revealing yourself to be a threat to not only others but the livelihood of the shinobi. Goodbye." his voice was level and cold as steel.

During the speech sixteen of the paralyzing needles had been drawn and held between the spaces of each finger, two in each one. With a few deft flicks of the wrist, the space between the mercenary and the assassin spawned a veritable storm of steel. In the moment that the senbon left his hands Shoku was already in motion, leaping into the air and unhooking the tessen perched on his back with little more than a thought. The jump would take the shinobi directly behind where his opponent occupied, and the iron fan would slash down and across the woman's shoulderblades.

You have three moves. he thought, a little wager he made to himself on her survival.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 am

Apparently he found it humoring that she admitted her ignorance to his approach. This didn't bode well with her. Patiently, she waited. She responded showing no emotions to his question about him being wrong. "Does it matter if you are or not?"

If looks could kill, she thought. Then his threats came and she noticed his change in form. Yes, this was going to be a long night, Ikue concluded. He had accused her for the death of a realitve of the Hyonma clan benefactor. She'd pondered a quick moment trying to put a face to the name. There were so many. Finally she remembered. "Ah, yes. You mean the one who rapes helpless and defenseless women? The one who abuses kids and force them into child labor? The one who shoves his power unto others just to prove his title?" Ikue asked with a slight anger in her tone. "And I'm the threat?" Ikue licked her lips once again, annoyed. "Perhaps you've lost your way, shinobi. Blinded by ignorance doesn't get you far. I merely did this land a favor with a price of course." She said coldly.

It was when he said goodbye she was aware now of what needed to be done.

Ikue saw him ready the needles and threw them in her direction. Instinctively, she strafed to the right with her back to him. In a one-hundred and eighty degree turn, she now faced his right side. Her spot now replaced by him as the needles now targeted their thrower. With one quick, fluid motion, Ikue grabbed her Uchigatana that was sheathed at her left hip, unsheathing and swinging the tip of her blade simultaneously in an upper-diagonal motion. She was just far enough so the tip of her blade would have aimed towards the elbow of his right arm; she was aiming to amputate the mans arm.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 am

After the incident Sakura and Ichigo rode back to Sakuras castle. They got to the beautiful area where the castle was. Tanaka was waiting a man before him was tied up. "Tanaka who is this man?" Sakura asked. Then Tanaka answered: "This man seemed suspicious so I captured him. He bears the seal of the Hyonma clan. Seems to be a spy and he aint experienced. Good that I had the best master there is." "Please let me go I am just a young scout." The man said. Then Sakura said: "I already got the message. The Hyonma clan is our enemy. Tanaka, his head shall roll. Then send it to the Hyonma clan. They shouldnt send a fool to spy on us." The man looked in shock and screamed. Tanaka swiftly swung his blade and picked the mans head up. "Oh Sakura-sensei, the son of the lord of the neighboring state has officially betrayed his father and his land is ours. All he wants is to be the lord of two villages and be a councilmember." Tanaka said. Then Sakura said: "Good. Our plan has begun. In a couple months we will have a force to be able to capture the other neighboring states including the benefactors of the Hyonma clan."

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Gripping the folded tessen, the ninja grinned at the woman's speed, and common sense. Most swordsman would have either tried to deflect the senbon or panic and get turned into a living pincushion. Instead, she dodged and the poisoned needles went flying off into the darkness. Landing just shy of where Ikue had been standing moments prior, Shoku immediately rose to a wide legged stance and glanced to his right to see a long blade slashing down at his arm. She was fast, too fast to avoid at this range, but a good shinobi knew that avoidance was never the only option. It was a good thing he was right handed.

With a quick flick of his wrist the tessen fanned out and a jerking motion reversed his grip on the iron fan, creating a makeshift shield. The uchigatana clanged against his tessen, resulting in a loud clash of metal and a couple sparks as well as forcing Shoku back a few steps. He took this moment to re-hook the tessen on his lower back and draw the twin ninjato. One last smile was offered before a hand came up to draw the long scarf over the ninja's mouth and nose.

"Very well done milady." two more moves. he added mentally.

Another dash brought the warrior within a foot of his adversary, effectively eliminating her reach advantage. At such close quarters, Ikue would be limited to diagonal slashing if she wanted to keep up any form of defense. The left-hand ninjato came in high to deflect an attack from above while the right-hand weapon swept low to do the same below. A small hop sent his right leg rising, a heavy kick aimed towards the lady mercenary's chest. All the while both thumbs pressed against their respective sword grips, the minor movement would be all but invisible within the flurry of motion though.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 am

The tip of her Uchigatana clashes against Shoku's tessen; fireworks emitted from the surface the metal. She quickly recomposed herself, shoving her blade back in to its saya in order to ready for another advance. Foolish not; she took in to consideration every movement she can see him make. In a slight diagonal of a stance and knees bent, she kept her right hand on the hilt of her blade and kept cautious.

"Just trying to survive, shinobi." She said in response to his compliment with another lick to her lower lip.

As he dashed forth, kicking at her chest, she gave her body a slight turn and allowed his foot to come in to contact with her left side. Although it was a bit painful, she welcomed the foot with a tight wrap of her left arm around his ankle. She kept his two blades in her peripheral view, sure to react to the slightest of their movement. Her right hand, which kept tight on the handle of her blade, once again displayed the iaijutsu technique; a swift upward cut at the back of the mans knee. Ikue would attempt to amputate his leg. She understood the threat she was in; though taking in to consideration the length of his blades and the need for him to compensate for the length of his leg in order for him to reach her, at this position she would most likely just end up with flesh wounds.

(( ;_; Why are you picking on me?! -Sniffles. Pouts.-))

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 am

The son of the lord of the neighboring state showed up at the castle with his men. He bowed before Sakura and said: "My name is Kunta of Jiroshima. I am here to serve you Lady Sakura." "Stand up. You will govern your land as the local governor of Jiroshima and I will grant you to be a council member. We will build an army together and unite southern Japan." Sakura said. "Now go and ready more troops. By the end of the year I will have about 20 samurai and 50 infantrymen. Ichigo will have about 80 samurai and 500 infantrymen."

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:14 pm

Shoku made the short leap into the air, foot streaking for Ikue's chest when she once again surpassed his expectations. Instead of trying to form some half-assed defense the maiden made a subtle shift in her stance allowing him to make some contact before snaking an arm around his ankle. Although it wasn't expected, Shoku was a shinobi, and therefore trained to be ready for any situation. Most targets were bigger and stronger than the ninja assigned to the task, so mental stability and cunning were the muscle and backbone of the shinobi. A deathly calm accompanied his next movements, the unnaturaly calm arrogance of a demon. The right hand ninjato swung below Shoku's body, jerked down from his sudden slow in movement and the short blade met with the uchigatana in a sudden clash of metal, mere inches keeping the long blade from biting into flesh.

At the same time, his left hand swung by her face, it's proximity most likely close enough to make her feel a brush of wind or even graze her nose. This would've been a harmless thing, had it not been for Shoku's thumb penetrating the hollow compartment within the ninjato's grip. This released the venomous powder directly within the vicinity of her face, or to be put more simply: the poison powder would adhear to damp skin, eyes would burn intensely, and her next few breaths would have a very lethal effect.

Finishing his move, Shoku used the upward force generated by his blade making contact with her own below his body to snap his leg out of Ikue's grap and flip backwards, taking a couple quick leaps backwards and lowering into a deep crouch. Both ninjato were raised parallel to the ground in a crossed guard. One would have expected a patient shinobi to wait for the poison to take effect...but with the scarf protecting him and the fact that the young Hyonma was by no means pacient, he would give the quarry no rest. Eyes shut tightly as Shoku leapt back at the woman, bringing both blades to bear in the same crossed position. The two ninjato separated at the last second, the left sword soaring for her neck and the other for her stomach. Assuming she was damaged by the poison, if at all, this would be a decisive blow.

Just one more move... the ninja's inner voice sounded almost as if he wanted Ikue to survive somehow...

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 pm

She wasn't a cocky girl. Never once to underestimate an opponent; no matter how much of an upper-hand she had. The swing to her face only made her grow cautious. Enough to attempt a dodge of the blade that swung inches from her face; in combat, all senses are heightened and sometimes, adrenaline takes control.

She acted now on pure instinct. Her body swayed opposite of his swinging arm, sure to follow the path of where his arm came from instead of where it was going. Consequently, the momentum of his arm would cause the powder to trail quickly behind his blade. Her, swaying the opposite way, was sure to miss the bulk of his trick.

A very slight burning sensation on her cheek made her weary of his poison. His approach was quick, just as her reaction. He made a slight mistake; he shut his eyes. Her feet dug in to the ground momentarily in order to propel herself upward in a slight spin, just high enough to allow his path to follow through beneath her. As she came down, she had a clear view of his back, in which she took the opportunity to attempt a grapple. Her free arm reached for his neck, attempting to abruptly cease his run. If she were able to grasp on to him, the Uchigatana would have been used solely as insurance; the tip to his neck in a threatening manner.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaostempest on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 am

Hiro dashed through the forest leaping from tree to tree, he could feel the footsteps of those chasing him yet he was smiling. He planted himself on a tree and climbed high into the sky.

The pursuers stopped in their tracks as the couldn't hear nor see Hiro anymore. The steambots looked around and cursed into the air, "damn Hiro Hitsugaya," one of the steambots said, "we where given specific orders to find him," the other said, "how can we find a walking shadow," the third said as they looked up into the sky still no sign of Hiro.

A great barrage of blade and sparks disturbed the peace that once covered the forest. Screams could be heard and after it had all settled, Hiro stood upon the littered bodies of the steambots whom where tracking him. He thrust his sword and the blood splattered on the beautiful bamboo shafts.

In a blur he was gone, scaling the trees as he headed to the next village in his path.

chaostempest
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:14 pm

An encasing darkness replaced the moonlit battlefield within Shoku's vision, and the world sharpened in his other senses. The smell of the lake water mixed with a light layer of perspiration and a hint of blood. The sound of wind rushing past her clothing and blade as she leaped. THe vibrations of her delicate footfalls padding on the ground almost immediately behind him. If anything, when blind, a shinobi could see more of the world than a man with unhindered sight. It seemed as if Ikue was intent on a close range attack of some kind, reaching forward with her off-hand and allowing the uchigatana to lean forward only slightly; most likely as a follow-up move. A faint crease in the folds of the voluminous black scarf indicated a smile painted on the shinobi's face. She was good. Very good. Although, it was hard to believe she would think he would close his eyes without having been trained in blind-fighting at all.

Keeping up the charge as if he hadn't noticed she was no longer in his target area, Shoku slammed his left foot forward and once again utilized the built up momentum to press his advantage. Twisting his midsection and sliding his right foot out by a fair amount, not only was the grab avoided but his right-hand ninjato rended the night air in a path that would send the metal sliding up Ikue's ribcage. The slide and stretch had provided enough room to compensate for the lack of reach of the short swords, albeit barely. Just before the ninjato would have pierced her however, Shoku held his strike back less than a centimeter from her skin. Probably close enough that she would feel the blade's tip protruding through her clothing. As a show of good faith he purposely allowed her own weapon to press against his chest.

"Stop." easily a word of hypocracy, for at the moment, each would be poised to slay one another. Assuming she did, Shoku slowly opened his eyes to gaze up at her, not removing his blades quite yet. "You live this night. That is, assuming you would hear out my proposition?"

It was about this time he'd begun to wonder if she was posioned at all...eh, time would tell.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

They were meeting at the castle when something came at Sakura and hit her face. When she looked up, half of the skin on her face was missing. Kunta saw Sakura and got scared. Beneath Sakuras skin seemed to be metal. "What are you?" Kunta said in fear. Then Sakura answered: "I am a steamborg. Dont worry I can get this fixed up quickly." She went inside and came back out after a couple minutes. Her face was back to normal as if it had healed quickly leaving no scars. Sakura noticed a man hiding behind a tree with a sword in his hand. Sakura swiftly cut through the tree and the man at the same time. She then searched his corpse. "As I thought. Its an assassin from Edo." She said.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaileena on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Ikue felt light as a feather the moment she jumped. Her sight fixed on the shinobi below her. Quickly and what it seems to be effortlessly done, he avoided her grab and his blade slid up her ribcage. Unsure if she was cut or not, Ikue only focused on her next move. Syncing with his,her uchigatana's blade came across his neck. Wild amber orbs stared cautiously at the shinobi as she, too, held her strike. The two paused a moment.

Stop, he said. She met his gaze with a slight quirk of her thinly shaped brow, pondering. Her blade remained as is for precautionary reason.

He'd offer her a proposition. Ikue licked her dry lips and responded, "I'm listening." It was all she said. What could he possibly offer? Would she profit from it? Questions, questions. Ikue calmly waited for his response, but still aware of his blade that, perhaps, cut through her garment. For a split moment she thought about how she'd have to buy another. Shopping was not her cup of tea. The thought only lead to her femininity. A question she'd asked herself sometimes. Random thoughts invaded her mind when she should've been focusing on the shinobi before her. But her mind was like clock work, nerves sparking rapidly unto one another that it was just a mere thought. A seconds thought.

Kaileena
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!