Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A World's End [Open]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

A World's End [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

The Story

In the distant future the world is a desolate wasteland. Cities now stand in ruins and humanity lives on, faced with starvation and strife. Every year the sound of a bell can be heard from the horizon. It rings once, then twice, calling those who would listen to its eerie melody. It is said that those who follow the sound are taken to a faraway place, a paradise where life and death do not exist, to a time when the world was rich and vibrant with life. One amongst thousands who make it to this place is then chosen to become god. Their wish made true, the soil made fertile, or if they desired, the massacre of those who remain.

You are one of the few who have heard the bell. What happens next is up to you.

[OCC]
Last edited by Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
-Anais Nin

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A World's End [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Chapter 1
Between Life and Death

"The world is lost, but there is hope. Leave behind the memories you held dear. Rise to see the world for what it could have been, should have been. For the dreams that carry you to this place cry a melancholy tune and you stand here alone with your heart your only friend. Through blind eyes you see, but do not understand. And when everything comes crashing down and despair is all that remains. You will devour the light that sought to save you. But even in your darkest hour, I will believe in you. For you are me and I am you."

1st Trial
The Reflection of Desire

The Reflection of Desire consists of two islands in the middle of the ocean. Everyone starts somewhere on the first island, after waking up from a strange dream. Characters won't remember exactly what they were doing before they went to sleep, but they'll remember bits and pieces. Resources on the island are scarce. There is only one source of freshwater, an algae infested pond, in the middle of the island. Fish and other wildlife are nonexistent.

The second island is farther off, about ten kilometers from the first island, and is surrounded by jagged rocks and fast currents which make it impossible reach to by boat or by swimming. Characters can make out the outline of some sort of vegetation in the distance, but unless they are able to make it to the shore they won't be able to distinguish anything else about it.

There are three sanctuaries on the first island whose description is up to the first person who describes them. The only noticeable thing about sanctuaries is that they are unusual when compared their surroundings and they are spaced far from one another. This may be a formation of rock or a circle of trees.

Each character has to choose a number between one hundred and one thousand for the number that will be shown on their tattoo. Remember, everything you see or do and the people you meet will be incorporated into the main plot. So take into consideration what you describe. You'll never know how important the smallest details will be. And without further adieu, your story begins.

Objectives
Survival: Avoid permanent death.

Things that will cause permanent death
  • Lack of food or water
  • Your character drowns
  • Disease
  • Hypothermia
  • A Random Encounter

(Note: Rebirths do not negate the need for food, water, warmth, or the effects of getting sick. You are reborn as cold, hungry, thirsty, or as sick as you were before you died.)

Special Rules
If a player kills another player they can choose to absorb a portion of the dead player’s soul. Eventually, the portion of the dead player’s soul will return back to them, but it will give the victor a short term benefits. These benefits are:

Food: Absorb whatever the loser had eaten, replenishing one’s need for food. This results in the deceased player being reborn in a “hungry” state. This has no effect if the deceased player hasn’t eaten anything.

Water: Absorbs whatever the loser had drank, replenishing one’s need for water. This results in the deceased player being reborn in a “thirsty” state. This has no effect if the deceased player didn’t drink anything.

Warmth: Absorbs the body warmth of the loser, replenishing one’s need for warmth. This results in the deceased player being reborn in a “cold” state. This has no effect if the deceased player is already cold.

Ability: Allows the victor to use one of the loser’s abilities. This results with the deceased player missing their ability when they are reborn. This lasts until the victor dies or until the he or she comes within close proximity of the newly reborn loser. This has no effect if the deceased player’s ability has already been taken by another player.

(Note: This applies only to players. None of these benefits apply when a person kills an NPC.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asperser
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 pm

“The bell, huh,” replied Civor, setting down the coconuts next to Flo and Warren. “Let me you ask you something. Do you remember the stories?”

“Stories,” Flo murmured. “You mean ones about reaching paradise?”

“No, not quite. I’m talking about the beginning of the end. Why our world is the way it is today.”

“No, I haven’t,” Flo replied, shaking her head.

“It was a long time ago, when humans still lived in cities. A time when people could fly, rain came when you wanted it too, and food was something you could have at the snap of your finger. It wasn’t until we started looking towards the stars that we made our first mistake. It’s said that we found something in deep recesses of space. I’m not too sure what it was, but from what I hear after it was found everything started to change. People started killing each other, the land warped into a twisted state of its former self, and the wars began. The ringing bell is said to be from an old bell tower, the night the first war started - a sign of the peace that never came. But, that’s just the stories say. Honestly, I don’t know much more than you do. I figure it has to do with the same reason we have these numbers.”

Civor cracked open a coconut with the blunt end of the silver cane and took a sip through the crack he made. A trail of juice dripped down from his mouth to his chin. Civor wiped off the coconut juice from his face and passed the coconut to Flo.

“Here, take a drink,” he said, pushing it into Flo’s hands.

Surprised, Flo took the coconut and set it on the ground as if it were a bomb. Despite his willingness to answer her and Warren’s questions, there was something off about him that she couldn’t put into words – that he was purposely not telling them something. Civor chuckled when he saw Flo place the coconut on floor.

“It’s not poisonous,” he replied, “Remember I took a sip?”

“Like that means anything,” Flo hissed. Angry that she’d let him guess her thoughts so easily. Civor raised an eyebrow at the sudden hostility and figured he had hit a sensitive nerve in the teenager’s ego. He smiled weakly to assure her that he meant no ill-will and he continued his dialogue.

“Well, that aside, the numbers are quite straight forward. I think.”

Civor pointed to the number on Simon’s forehead.

“Numbers represent how strong a person is in a fight. The higher the weaker they are. It took me a while to figure it out, but this fact is undeniable. This means Simon here is pretty weak.”

“So what if I’m weak,” grumbled Simon. It always bothered him to be told he was weak. He knew after the accident that he would always be different from everyone. “Being strong fighter isn’t everything you know.”

“So true little guy,” Civor smiled. “But, besides that these numbers glow whenever one of us is close.”

Civor glanced at the light radiating from Flo’s palm and then to the one on Warren’s arm.

“When no one is around it stops glowing. Again, I don’t know why it does this or who put this numbers on us. I guess I’m not too good at this question thing, but I had to get you guys out of the cold before ‘they’ got to you.”

“They?” said Flo.

“The others on the island. It’s been a while since I last saw them, but they’ve been hunting for loners in the jungle for some time now. We’re experiencing something of a food crisis.”

“What? But you have all those coconuts behind you.”

“These are coconuts I stole, but since you don’t know, the fruits here don’t grow back; once you pick a coconut from a tree that tree will never have any coconuts again. Last I remembered there are only about a dozen coconuts and bananas on the western side of the island. We already stripped the rest of the island bare. I’m out of my wits end on what to do for food.”

“Can’t we just leave this island? Isn’t there a place to escape?” she asked. It was beginning to dawn on her that the cold night was the least of her worries.

“There is another island not too far away, but don’t bother, a lot of us already tried. It’s impossible to make it to that island. The rocks will smash any boat we make and the currents will drag anyone stupid enough to swim.”

“So what we just sit here and die?”

“Well if you have a plan I’m all ears,” replied Civor. He took a glance at Warren to see if the man had any bright ideas.
Last edited by Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asperser
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm

-=Random Encounter=-

“You,” said a voice in the darkness. A man approached Danielle from behind accompanied by sound of clattering of metal. He carried a large sword made out of stone and wore a full plated suit of armor. There was a subtle fury in his eyes as he saw the fruit roasting in her hands.

“That fruit,” he fumed, drawing his sword. “Does not belong to you.”

--|Combat |--

Name: ???

Ability

[Level 1] Swordplay
??? is adapt in the use of a sword in combat. It’s not likely you’ll be able to even touch him with your bare hands before being cleaved in two!

Equipment

[Level 1] Steel Full Plated Armor
??? has a steel full plated armor. He can take melee blows with no sweat! Though, there are a few spots around the joints where he is unprotected.

[Level 1] Stone Sword
??? carries a large stone sword that will take a lot to break. A conversation may reveal that the sword is actually that of his friend who lent it to him so that he could better defend himself.

Prevalent Information
??? is a mysterious man, but he is upset that you’re eating the fruits he fought hard to keep safe for his sick friend. You can try to reason with him, but it will end up in a fight one way or another. Will you run or fight or perhaps do something else?

Asperser
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RubyCrown on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 pm

The noise startled the girl and caused her heart to speed up. "Holy Crud!" Danielle jumped in alarm and quickly scrambled away as fast as she could from swordsman. She stood up, nearly tripping over herself in her haste before turning around, still holding the skewered fruit. "What do you mean this doesn't belong to me? If you want some you can just say so. I even saw some back where I picked these, so you can always go look for more if you'd like."

Edging slowly backwards, she tried to see if Masi was awake from the corner of her eyes, not daring to look away from the man in front of her. 'Man, if he tries to fight me, I'll have to run away. My knife won't do a thing against him and that humongous sword. What is his problem anyway?' Even if she were to run, the chances of her getting far without injuries weren't good. Her eyes had grown accustomed to the light from the fire, and the area around her only seemed darker in comparison, which will make the unfamiliar terrain even harder to navigate in. Not to mention that she hadn't eaten since the two bananas Masi had offered her earlier.

"You're not going to hurt me right?" Her voice sounded rather timid and held a quiver of fear that she couldn't keep under control. 'Masi, please be awake. I don't think he's gonna be all that nice to you either and some backup would be nice.' "I mean, I'm sorry if I did anything wrong by accident. It's just that I'm still new here and I don't know any of the rules. Truce?" After setting the stick down beside her, she held up her hands, giving him what she hoped was an apologetic look. She watched him with wide eyes, ready to bolt if he showed even a hint of aggression. Not that Danielle knew it, but she looked rather like a deer caught in the headlights of an incoming car.

RubyCrown
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:25 am

"Holy Crud!"

The cry of alarm caused a reflex action in Masi, he shot awake and his eyes were widened in panic like a cornered animal. Turning and getting to his feet, he faced the intruder.
“That fruit, does not belong to you.” a man in steel armor said. The large stone sword in his hands made Masi worry as he finally realized that he left his bow with Danielle. It was laid there, alone next to the fire on the sandy ground. With a creeping amount of dread, Masi realized the situation that they were in and started sweating as adrenaline was pumped into his blood. Deciding that having something in his hands is better then nothing, he held the banana leaf in his hands and placed the tip into the fire.

"Crist." He cursed his luck silently as he slowly inched towards his weapon. He could feel the comfortable weight of his quiver of arrows on his back, and if he could make it to his bow, he will be able to fight back against his opponent by running away. That armor would hinder his movements in the high bush and if he can just make it there, he can possibly outrun the man.

Still, the prospect of the man in armor and his sword chasing and running him down sent shivers into his body. In the night, the man reminded him of a very dangerous bear and he allowed this thought to linger, placing hate in his heart to regain focus. He has to be very, very careful about this situation or else he would end up dead. Danielle was backing away from the man, even in the dark, he knew the effects of fear, and worried that she would run off into the night. Still, her presence and movements will serve as a distraction, and he was very thankful that they met, making a note to apologize to her in heaven if she died this night.
Sadly, Masi did not notice the figure behind him, or else he would have backed up as well, using trickery to make his escape.

"Wait! There is no reason to fight!" he cried out to the man. Though he was fearful, his voice was not shaking. "Were you the one who grew the fruit and trees on the island? Share with us some seeds and we will grow fruits as well."
It was the only reasonable explanation Masi could think of why the man would say that. Information is critical to him, and the more he know, the more he can plan how to react.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 am

Warren listened with great interest when Civor told about the bell, hoping that it would explane something about how he got here. When he heard that the trees didn't regrow their fruits, he realised that this place wasn't part of the real world. This realisation created another load of questions, but after being somewhat dissapointed by the previous answers he keeps them to himself.

Then Civor spoke about an island nearby and Warren wondered if they spoke about the same island. If you made it near the island the current would merely drag your tired body underwater for you to drown. The rocks were in your way if you used a boat, but Warren knew there had to be a solution, as every building was climbable in a way. "Climbable...thats it! At least, for me it could work." Warren looked at Simon, with somewhat troubled eyes. He wouldn't be able to do what he planned and leaving him here isn't a decision that a brother would make.

He looked back at Civor with a plan in mind. "I know something that might work, the rocks are a danger to boats, but we could also use them to stay clear from the water. By simply jumping from one to another, but I'd need to know as much as possible about the rocks. We might even need to make a few trips near them to find a possible path. We'd also need to know how slippery the rocks are and if they will crumble under pressure, but the most important factors are: Simon and you two." Warren pointed at Flo and at Civor. "Simon is in no shape to jump from one rock to another and I know that I can pull it off, I did such things all the time, but I don't know wether you can do it."

Warren took a deep breath and said his plan: "The idea is that we make a boat, then scout for a good path, that means that we have to travel with the boat near the rocks, which could be dangerous. When we find a good path we go as close as possible to the rock where we want to land, if possible we might even ram the boat into the rock and travel over the rocks to the island. The one big thing that concerns me is that Simon either has to be carried in some way or left behind." Warren looked down to the candle. "Its a plan, but like with every plan it has flaws."
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jman2220 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Logan chuckled slightly. "Scared? That depends on your definition of the word. I'm not afraid of any physical being no. I'm simply afraid of what has been locked away in my own mind." He looked carefully around him, suddenly aware of the deafening silence. He heard the snap, and turned quickly in the noise's direction. That noise meant there was something (or someone) else around them. He reached down and grabbed his bat, ready to strike if something came at him. The the noises got louder and he slowly stood up. "What could be making that noise?" he asked quietly. Whatever it was it certainly sounded gigantic. His grip tightened around his bat, completely unafraid that Faust may mistake his movements. Especially considering he wasn't turned towards Faustus. He watched for any sign of movement from where he stood, realizing that he should definitely be afraid right now.

Jman2220
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eextreme on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Ariel walked into the forest surprised that no one noticed his presence. Maybe he somehow became invisible while stealing their fire.
"They just ignored us" Angel said, " Or maybe they just didn't care. Are you sure it is safe to carry a torch around? It could start a fire in this forest if we are not careful."

Ariel ignored her again his thoughts wandering toward the numbers the numbers 648 and 312 he saw on the two campers, which could indicate that they're were also victims of something or someone.

Lost in thought, Ariel wandered off the path but kept going not noticing his mistakes until he walked into the open. Sand seeped into his runner as his slid onto a beach. It was a different beach then before there was a brown hill or dune near the beach and in the darkness a shadow loomed far into the ocean as if there was another island.

Ariel dumped out some of the dry branches he gathered unconsciously in the forest onto the sandy ground, placed the torch in it and waited until a brilliant red fire glowed in the dark and providing the heat that he desperately needed. He spread out his wet clothes on the beach, popped open a coconut and sat down and started thinking about what to do next.

Ariel rarely heeded other people and enjoyed being alone since you had a logic control over what you do or are going to do. Nothing came to mind other than survival and getting to the other island across the sea. An ominous air blew from the ocean, one that smelled like death.

"We should try to get to that island." Ariel said.

"Why?" Angel replied

"The person who is using us as experimental object might be there observing our every move." Ariel said.

"What makes you so sure that this is an experiment?" Angel said

"You've met some people in our journeys right? There is a number tattooed on a few of them if you were paying attention that is. In addition, some of them had heightened combat reflexes, superhuman strength and other enhanced abilities. Still though, that didn't come without a price. Some of them were blind, deaf, dying, mad, or had no sense of touch. The only way that could be accomplished if some mad scientist experimented on the their bodies, modifying their genes, or injecting chemicals. This feels similar to an experiment."

" So you think that whoever is behind this thing is on that island?" Angel asked.

"Of course, there should be a place where the person can observe everything that is happening here," Ariel said, "And if he found any one who is fit to go through one of his experiments and live he would abduct him or her."

Then, an idea flashed in his mind, "I think what the numbers mean is that how fit you are for that experiment. The lowest being the best while the highest being the worst." Ariel said.

"But how will they decide that?" Angel said.

"Fighting probably, like what would happen if a person with a higher number attacked and defeated a person with a lower number?" Ariel said.

"By defeat you don't mean kill right?" Angel said a bit afraid.

"Maybe or maybe not," Ariel said, "But we won't find out if we don't try."

"Your not suggesting that we attack those campers right?" Angel exclaimed.

"Maybe not them," Ariel said with some consideration, "But they do seem like the best targets, they're numbers is less then ours."

"We have a number as well? Angel said with surprise.

"Yeah, I noticed it when you fell into the water; the number 747 glowed and reflected off the water (though it was upside down)" Ariel said.

"Your not really going to attack them are you?" Angel said but she knew that Ariel would be able to do anything no matter how unethical (or grotesque) it might be to satisfy his ambitions, which seemed to increase whenever he see something new or interesting.

"Right now, I m going with 'to defeat' " Ariel slyly assured, "Not necessarily 'to kill' "

To Angel though it wasn't assuring at all, but she was not in control at the moment. In the dark, with only the sound of the unnatural waves crashing against the shore, Ariel mentally designed a plan for his attack.

(OOC: Just a note, this is only chance for Simon, CIvor, Warren, Flo to notice or contact me since I should be somewhere near the underground cave that they are sheltered in (I think) and discussing how to get across the ocean to the island.)

eextreme
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby popcorndude13 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 am

Torin, a small boy with quick reflexes, wakes up in a small hole in the ground, cold and hungry. Getting up, he starts walking, taking slight notice of his tattoo with the number "1313" clearly printed on it.
"13...there is something special about that number, but what?"
As he ponders it, he starts walking slowly towards a sharp crevice, unnoticeable until you are right by it. As he gets closer, he hears a scream from another falling down, and stops just in time to stop going over the edge. He starts running alongside it, and starts to hear the murmured voice of Ariel, and hides in a bush, afraid to show himself in case she is somehow responsible for my amnesia. As he hides, he see's a small fruit, dripping with juice. He picks it up, and takes a bite. As juice dribbles down his chin, his eyes widen as it starts putting him into indescribable pain. He screams as if he was being murdered, falls to the ground, and starts clawing at himself, trying to cut himself open and remove it. While doing this, he causes many deep gashes that bleed violently, and many strange creatures start gathering, hoping for food. I scream louder, and louder, and everything goes black.

[OOC: I'm a orphan, so I don't trust people. You have to win it. eextreme, this would be a good time to do exactly that.]

popcorndude13
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 am

“Hm,” Civor replied.

The man placed his hand on his forehead, a gesture which meant “he was thinking hard”. After a few seconds, he shook his head and yawned, having given up on the thought completely. Those waters were not something that men could trifle with. Not then and not now. But before he had to chance to tell Warren that it was impossible, Flo’s head turned suddenly, as if someone was sneaking behind her. A quiet, yet familiar frightened expression formed on her face. It was beginning to dawn on the man that she might be mentally ill.

“You okay?” he spoke, looking at Flo.

“There’s someone above us,” the girl whispered. “I can hear them, walking, talking.”

Civor paused, trying to listen for anything that might be out of place, but he could hear nothing.

“We’re over ten feet underground. Even if there was someone up there, they couldn’t find us or hear us,” he replied calmly. ‘And we shouldn’t hear them either,’ he almost added.

Flo, however, was far from convinced. Backing up into a corner, she curled up into a ball and started shaking. The events of that day still clear in her mind. It happened one night when she was coming back home. She’d been too caught up with her thoughts about where she was going to get food that she didn’t notice the group of men following behind her. A chill ran down Flo’s spine as she remembered what they had called her. Toy, play thing. Never again would she ever trust another person who dared call themselves human.

“They’re there I know it,” she whispered, shakily. “They’re getting closer.”

Civor looked at the girl with concern, having seen the symptoms before. No, she wasn’t crazy. She was being chased by memories, the worst kind of memories. He nodded and gave her his signature smile in an attempt to cheer her up.

“I’ll go check it out. You two stay here with Simon,” he replied.

The man hoped at the very least this would put to rest her nightmares until tomorrow. He climbed up the hole they jumped down, using a ladder he kept near the entrance. There was a brief grunt as Civor pushed the trunk to the side. As he searched the surroundings for anything suspicious he spotted a bluish number 747 glowing in the darkness a few feet away. There was someone outside. A hint of fear crept in the back of the man’s head as he remembered what Flo had said. She had heard them. Heard. In the dark that rendered men as helpless as babies the ability to know where your enemies were was an unimaginable advantage.

He’d have to keep his eyes on Flo when he returned back to the underground room. Civor crawled out of the hole and approached number 747 from behind. The chance that 747 wasn’t hostile was high. None of the hunters, as he liked to call them, would have their number out in plain sight.

“Hey,” said Civor as he stopped a few feet away from 747. “What are you doing here late at night?”
Last edited by Asperser on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Asperser
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asperser on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 am

“Fight?” said the man, uttering the word as if he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

He stepped forward, into the light of the small fire, with his sword pointed towards Danielle’s neck. The light illuminated his battle scarred armor. Rows of cracks and scratches lined the rims and his eyes were shielded by a cross shaped visor on his head. At an astonishing six feet, the brazen man was no push-over by any standards. Even his sword, which was layered in a mosaic of different types of rocks, resonated with confidence, superiority.

He would not allow anyone to steal the fruits he and his beloved had fought so hard for to keep safe. If these fools thought they could trick him by feigning ignorance they were mistaken, terribly mistaken.

“I do not know which group you are from, but your little banquet ends here.”

The man raised his sword and brought it down on the pile of leaves, snuffing out the flame in one blow. Light vanished in an instant, leaving behind the faint, but noticeable glowing number on Danielle’s arm. He dashed toward the girl and swung his sword at her head.

“Die,” he said.

Asperser
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 am

((ooc: 'italicized' is internal speech))

Masi eyes narrowed as the man stepped forward and in response, him and Danielle took a step back. This brought him further from his bow, but Masi now realized what little use he had for it, the arrows would not be able to penetrate the man's armor. The scars and scratches on his armor was testimony to the man's battle experience and Masi now wished that he was taller, much taller. The edge of his banana leaf was smoking, and he held it as if it will help ward the man away from himself. It as a futile gesture, Masi had to admit to himself.

As the light shone on the man's armor, an usual piece of white cloth caught Masi's eye. His armpits! It's not armored! The very knowledge that the man had a weak point gave new light into Masi's eyes and helped push back the fear building in his stomach.

“I do not know which group you are from, but your little banquet ends here.”

'Incoming Sword!'

The stranger raised his sword and brought it down on the pile of leaves, snuffing out the flame in one blow. Light vanished in an instant, leaving behind a small ember at the end of the banana leaf that Masi held. The knight's sword was swung from the man's right to left, and Masi grinned, throwing the banana leaf into the man's face. It was human's nature for the man to react, and he raised his left hand to push the banana leaf away as he bounded towards Danielle.

Masi then threw his body to the left, laying down on the ground before scrambling to his feet. He would take full use of the opportunity that has been given to him. The dying embers of the pile of leaves revealed where his bow was, and he picked it up and knelt on the ground. "Notch." Masi said silently aiming an arrow directly where Danielle's light shined. He will have to wait for an opportunity though he worried over the lack of light.

'This will have to be a shot in the dark,' he thought with growing sense of dread.
'Get your grip together! I've hunted in the dark before! Focus and plan! Now, how will I shoot?'
The question was easily answered, he would need to wait until Danielle's light fell to the ground. This will cause the knight to raise his sword high, revealing his armpits. That will be when Masi's arrow will strike. Still, should Danielle make it to the bush and hide herself, he considered that she would live, as the stone armor would weight a ton.

"Wait, wait, wait." Masi spoke up. He forced his breathing to calm, his hands steadying the aim of his bow as he aimed slightly ajar to the light, aiming where he 'saw' the knight in his mind's eye. He can always run away should he fail.

Left behind near the embers, the banana leaf lay forgotten as a small stream of smoke was emitted. Should time pass, the embers on the leaf would grow into a new fire.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RubyCrown on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm

The man's imposing presence made Danielle step back further. She cursed her height for the second time that day. 'He wouldn't be so scary if he wasn't a foot taller. Or if he didn't have that sword. Or that armour.' The scratches on his worn armour spoke of the battles he had survived. 'So really, the best thing I could do if he attacks is run. This sucks.'

Her thoughts were cut short as he spoke. "Ack! I told you, I'm new here! Holy geez!" Danielle rolled to the side away from the man with the sword.

She swore in her head when his sword destroyed the fire she had worked so hard the start. "You didn't have to do that you big jerk!" Now she was getting angry, he was acting just like the bullies that had tormented her in school. Thing is though, they didn't have huge swords that could cleave her in two and that scared her. The lack of light also made it hard for her to see, but she reasoned that it was also the same for him too. She didn't have time to see how Masi was doing, though from the sounds she heard earlier, he will probably be fine.

"Ack!" The sword swung towards her. She barely managed to duck out of the way again, her success mostly due to the leaf Masi threw in the man's face.. 'How can he still see where I am?!' She was suddenly very grateful for all the running and yoga her grandma made her do, as she would have been dead twice over otherwise. Still, the adrenaline didn't cover up that fact that she hadn't had time to stretch or eat very much that day and her movements were clumsy. Danielle stiffened as she felt something brush against her legs, but relaxed as she realized it was just the plants that Masi had cut earlier.Through the dim light still being emitted from the dying embers, she saw the glint of his armour and sword as he got ready to slash at her again and got ready to jump to the side.

RubyCrown
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fisk on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:26 pm

"No, don't follow them, it's not right when you barely ow only one of them!" Felix mockingly complained, kicking the now extremely blackened ground. Extremely unhappy with his conscience, he warded the front with his hands, making sure he didn't run into anything. Quickly beginning to regret deciding to have just listened in, the blackened night gave only the most eerie chills he had ever felt. It felt almost as though the cold was wafting from the ground, from god knows where. Not to mention the lack of vision... Felix's sight was the one thing that he relied on when it came to survival. Now that it was gone, it was as though he were trying to feel his way out of a closet with no exit...
"Besides open water..." he grumbled unhappily.

More stumbling and tripping later, Felix thought he heard the presence of another human being. Dear lord, how nice that would be, after thinking for god knows how long that dragging the coconuts and palm leaves would be the death of him. Still unable to see anything clearly, he noted that his left ankle was faintly glowing. Curious, he lifted his jeans up to see that the number tattoo was now lighting up. Though it was not bright enough to be a flashlight of sorts, it was certainly welcome company. A chill even greater than before writhed it's way up Felix's spine, at the sound of a distant crashing wave.
"That certainly isn't welcome, but if it's where people may be, perhaps braving it may be necessary." he muttered unhappily.

Fisk
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eextreme on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

“Hey,” he said as he stopped a few feet away from Ariel. “What are you doing here late at night?”

Someone is behind us. Angel said, But he doesn't seem to have a weapon with him.
A perfect target Ariel said.
Your not planning to attack a weaponless person are you Angel said with worry.
Depends on his number, Ariel said, I just came up with a way to find out.

Ariel whirled around and faced his opponent, his long sword in hand.

"W-who are you?" Ariel said with paranoid look in his eyes, his hands shaking in a tight grip around the hilt of his sword, " D-don't come any c-closer. I-I have a s-s-sword here y-you know, an-and i know how to u-use it."

Ariel waited momentarily for a response, and then continued in a scared voice, "Y-your one of those cyborgs r-right, h-here to collect s-specimens for your twisted master. Well, I-I'm n-not your average s-specimen. Y-your n-not taking any part of me alive for your human experiments!"

"D-Die you twisted cyborg!" Ariel shouted and staggered into a decisive lunge at the person in the shadow.

So, you are going to fight him no matter what huh Angel said
It depends on his response. If he announces that he isn't a twisted cyborg, I ll ask for his number, if its lower then mine, I'll find some reason to attack him. If not then you can tell me what to do since I'm not good with other people. Ariel replied.

eextreme
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCharismaticCryo on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 pm

This fool, talked to much about nothing at all....Faust could only stare in his direction and ponder...was it worth it to go out on his own? He was sure that he could survive without this imbecile, what was he sticking around for anyways? Did he miss human interaction? No that couldn't be it, he was a short fall away from wringing the guy's neck. Maybe it was the darkness or the fact he has no knowledge of survival in this god-forsaken place. Faust tore his eyes away from his 'partner's' direction and to the the direction that the crash had come from. His eyes narrowed in an attempt to better see in the dark...no dice.

He swore he could hear the sound of footsteps getting closer, but it also could've been the darkness playing tricks on him. That was, until, he heard the snap of twigs closer to their vicinity. He crouched low in anticipation....but mostly from paranoia. Should he attempt to let Logan in on his thoughts? To warn him of his ever growing sense of danger? From what he could make out he looked to be on edge already so maybe that wasn't neccessary. Hell, and if he wasn't that was his problem.

"Heh" Faust chuckled to himself. He could use him as fodder if something were to attack them. Like the old saying. If two people are being chased by a bear, you don't need to outrun the bear...you just need to outrun the other guy. "Heheh haa hheheh," The laughter started quiet but grew louder, he amused himself too much, and the funny thing was he would do just that to survive. Better this guy then him. He laughter stopped when the clang of metal came from the darkness to his left.

He shut his mouth and his grin melted into something more serious. There was someone there....his musings weren't misplaced. He kept his eyes and ears peeled for any signs of movement. Wait...what was that? He squinted to get a better look at the source of light that had appeared and was moving. His eyes shot open large as he realized what it was. It was a fireball and it was flying through the air. He knew better then to look at the flying light, lest he wanted to be re blinded. The ball of fire landed in between the two of them and caught the grass on fire, the flames growing, But Faust didn't pay any attention to the flames, he was looking out in the darkness to catch who had threw it.

"HEY YOU GUYS!!!" A shrill, but male, voice called out from the darkness. There was excitement in his voice. Faust could hear him laughing...it reminded him of himself kinda. "You guys must be new here!! Consider me the welcoming comittee!!" He let out another shrill laugh as two more flaming balls came streaking from the darkness at Faust and Logan. Faust just sidestepped his...the flames were seperating them and forcing them to go forward....Faust could only growl. was he trapping them in?

TheCharismaticCryo
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:15 am

"Lies will get you nowhere." The knight was calm, confident and he easily recovered from his missed attack, bringing his sword to the side in the olden style of medieval combat, a giant cleave that seeked to cut Danielle into two. Surprisingly the girl did not run but this did not bother him one bit in his enraged state.
-------------------
"Ack!" Whoosh, rustle.

Masi frowned as he considered the noises that came from the two. So, the girl dodged, that is good, but it appears that she isn't far enough to safely run from the intruder.

Taking a gamble the arrow was shot, cleanly leaving the bow as it headed towards the two. The lightweight arrowhead seeked out it's destination, and impacted with a soft clang against the knight's armor. It then proceeded to bounce off, falling to the ground with a flop.

Not hearing a cry of pain, Masi knew that he had missed and he calmly notched another arrow. This fight will end in his victory, there is no need to overstress himself.
------------------
The knight's expression was one of slight shock as his armor was hit, but this did nothing other then spur him on. "Your arrows are useless! Your dead archer! As soon as i kill your girlfriend here!" he shouted back at him.

zewei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RubyCrown on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:55 pm

'First he tries to kill me and now he calls me a liar? What a jerk!' Danielle wanted to yell at the man, but her breath was saved for evading his sword. That last swing really was too close. It had created a rush of wind on her left and set her heart to beating even faster. She brushed some hair out of her eyes with her left arm and noticed the soft glow of the tattoo from the corner of her eye. 'So is that how he is tracking me?'

Clang! An odd noise distracted her from her train of thought. She was not the only one that got distracted, as the knight turned his head to yell at Masi. "Your arrows are useless! You're dead archer! As soon as I kill your girlfriend here!" He sounded rather annoyed. Danielle bristled at his assumption, giving him a glare through the darkness.

"Hey, I'm not his girlfriend!" Too late she realized that she could have run while he was distracted. 'Dangit! But maybe if I jump around long enough, Masi will hit him eventually.' With the adrenaline making her more bold than usual, she ran a short ways away, closer to the odd symbol, and started taunting the knight in a belittling tone. "Heh, I wouldn't expect you to figure that out. You must be wearing that armour to hid your stupid face. Or to hid whatever that big sword is compensating for." She wondered if that last insult that she heard the boys throw around in the school yard applied here. They always came up with rather odd ones.

RubyCrown
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Masi was rather confused and speechless over Danielle actions. They made not a single shred of sense to him. Yet he now noticed that the path she took was heading away from the bushes and towards the clearing. The sounds of their footsteps changed from the crunch of vegetation into the heavy steps on the sand ground.

To his right, the banana leaf caught on fire, with it growing every second. He resisted keeping his eyes away from the illumination of the new light, knowing that it will spoil his eyesight.
"Breath in, breath out." Masi muttered, inaudible to the combatants.
The twang of the bow string echoed the second time in that night.
-----------------------
The knight turned back towards the girl, his unseen face showing signs of rage and fury. "LIke you would care you bitch! Die!"
Holding his sword up high, and rushing towards the girl, he made a most fatal mistake, exposing the weak points of his armor as his body instinctively decided to deal a broad slash at a nearer range. This would serve to cut most paths of escape.

His plan was ruined, as Masi's carefully aimed arrow shot right into his unprotected left, managing by luck to pierce thru skin, muscle and bones.
"Argh!!" The knight cried out in a final roar of pain as the unexpected injury made him trip, falling onto the ground. His momentum would still carry him to ram the girl if she did not dodge.

Regardless of the events, the knight laid on the ground injurt. He wasn't dead yet, but he would soon be.
--------------------------
'Damn, i'm good' Masi thought internally with a satisfied nod.
"Are you alright?!" he called out to Danielle, getting back to his feet and walking towards the girl. Two arrows, a kill in the dark, their lives spared, all in all, a good outcome.

zewei
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!