Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Shareth is at a loss for words. The "elk riders" chasing Hazel are truly horrifying to look at. A small part of him feels revolted at the sight of them, and yet, another part feels awed in their presence. Whatever they are, he gets the distinct impression they aren't good. If only there was something he could do to slow them down...
Last edited by Chrome Shiny on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 am

"Glad you think so." Todd said to Vasily, the flicked the reigns and the cart rolled steadily forward. Slowly but surely. His eyes were glowing with pleasure, and a smile painted his face. "So...Vasily tell me about yourself, what are you, exactly? If I may ask without sounding rude. I'd like to know more about your...uh...talents so that we may better stick to our character. Unless you're tired and would prefer to sleep for a few hours?"

"What are you waiting for?" A voice close to Shareth's ear croaked.
"Make them explode from the inside out!" Said the second voice.
"The elk will fall apart once the riders are disposed of."
They were the necro Gods. both of them standing next to the boar. They were tall enough that they were at eye level with him, even though he was sitting so high on the giant pig.
Time had slowed down, so much so that it looked to be standing still, no one else seemed to take notice of them. Only Shareth could see or hear them.

"We'll give you a show."
"A sample of what you'll be able to do."
"If you join our side that is."
"Witness the wonder that is necromancy."

the crow's claw took hold of Shareth's arm, and directed it at the closest rider.
Time moved forward again, quite suddenly like a wave. A cold tingling sensation went down his arm and through his finders. The elk rider exploded, burst like a bubble, grey bits of rotting flesh and shattered bone flew through the air, the elk crumbled from under him and fell apart. The other riders paused momentarily in confusion, just long enough for the party enter the Ether Roads, and for Resed to close the portal behind them.

As the gate closed the daylight went out with it, the party was enveloped in an inky blackness. Resed lit the end of his wand, a cold pale light revealed his face. It appeared that his eyes were clouded over, milky. He was blind.
"Call out! Did everyone make it through?!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Resed dropped dead to the ground. He could see at once that life had escaped the body.

Escaped the confines. Resed's image floated next to it like a mirage. Before disappearing into nothingness.

There would be some awful things ahead of them. When the gate opened, Tigirid was struck with a shiver of doom. Like an uncomfortable draft. Like the loss of the sun behind a thick cloud. He shook it off as best as he could, but his legs still felt tensed. When he saw Hazel running for the gate with strange undead elk riders, Tigirid crouched. Ayden was already through the gate with Rundy, Rett had carried everything else across, including Tigirid.

"Come on, Pheonix. Get in Here!." he called.

Even Tigid was surprised when Shareth's hand lifted and one of the strange riders exploded. Hazel leapt in and the gates closed out the light.

"Call out! Did everyone make it through?" asked Resed.

"Yeah." said Tigirid. "We're all here. Where are we going now?"
-----
Esmeralda trudged to the back and hauled herself into the cart to sit opposite the strange character.

He made Esmeralda think of a bird. In the way his steps were placed. In the turn of his neck. He was so slightly crow-like. The white hair was shockingly out of place to her. She wondered what he was. Just three days ago, she would have thought he was a sinister man, but now... she found she believed in elements of fairy tales as if they were written into their air, straight from the lute of a second-class bard. She felt she was in a tale.

But she had not seen anything fantastic. She thought that Aled might have been a wolf in man's clothing. Or she would have, if Esmeralda had an imagination. Maybe she would have thought a fox. This guy driving their cart was a dog. A street dog weaseling scraps out of everyone who walked by.

None of them were real humans. In some ways, not even Tymaril.

Esmeralda took in his unique clothing. His desperate eyes. She took a deep breath and squared up her nerves.

"This is a nice cart." he said.

"Glad you think so!" replied their red-haired driver. "So...Vasily tell me about yourself, what are you, exactly? If I may ask without sounding rude. I'd like to know more about your...uh...talents so that we may better stick to our character. Unless you're tired and would prefer to sleep for a few hours?"

Esmeralda was about to ask the same questions. Calming her gumption back down, she waited for the answers.
Be The Change

Scaea
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 am

Even in the murky darkness, Shareth stared at his hand in awe. He could still feel the cold tingling sensation in his hands. From deep within, a cold hunger had pooled. A hunger for that power. Oh, he most definitely wanted to join their side. A shiver runs up his spine. What would happen to him if he embraced this calling? It was obvious, even to his untrained eyes, to dabble in Necromancy was to take your life into your own hands. Resed had power, that was for sure, but it cost him dearly every time he used it. Yet, even as terrible as it seemed, the gods of necromancy had made it quite clear, these powers could be used for good. He looks up from his hand and nods with determination. He'd survive this poison and become a necromancer. He'd use these dark and mysterious powers to help people. But for now, he just had to survive.

------------------------------------
Tym folds her arms across her chest and listens to the conversations going on in the cart. She too was interested in what Vasily was capable of. As his supposed "summoner" she would logically have to know what he could do.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:56 am

"Yep I'm in here, wolf. Best if you take the lead Resed, since the only time I've been in these roads I merely wandered aimlessly, mainly out of boredom, but partially out of curiosity. as such I never really found the way to any place in particular." He turned to Shareth, "That was quite the display of power there, and I suspect it wasn't entirely you controlling it. I would think it might be a good idea if you have Resed teach you some basic control before too long here, however first things first, we must get you taken care of."
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Vasily shook his head at Todd's proposal. On several occasions had he fallen to sleep, he was most likely going to be awake for the remainder of the day. "Well I am what you folk call a Demon, as for talents, well there's alot to explain there." Vasily leaned forward to pop his back. Once he was done he sat back down into the seat and craned his neck over to Todd and explained, "I you saw I can transfuse into a flock of crows. I also have several other things that go beyond the recesses of the human mind. You would have to be a loon to understand the full capabilities of my powers. If you planning on threatening someone with me then just imply murderous crows, that does enough for me. Vasily would nod now that he was finished and laid back on the bench. Maybe he would doze off once more. His sleeping spells were sporadic at best.

Quoth the Raven; "Imma fuck you up."

tadum2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!