Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Shareth wasn't sure how he felt about Phoenix joining the group. After all, he was poisoned now because his plan to stop Phoenix had spectacularly backfired, and here he was in the same tent! Furthermore, something stirred in him at the sight of Phoenix. It took him a moment to realize it, but it began to dawn on him how similar he, Resed, and Phoneix were. He doubted the other two saw it though. It was a little disconcerting to have something in common with the vampire.

"I remember you, Phoenix, though I would hesitate to say you were rude before. More like crazy, no offense. I'm glad to see you can be a civilized individual given the right company," Shareth said tightly. His words still burned intensely, but he was growing accustomed to it. "Strength of will or fortitude may have had something to do with it." he said with a nod to both Tigrid and Phoenix before he took a sip of the tea. "But I also had help. Thanks, everyone. Especially you Hazel. You helped me twice I think. And thank you Resed." He paused and sniffed the health potion before crinkling his nose. "More strange drinks.... and why is it lumpy? Wait, nevermind, I'd rather not know." He took a swig before putting it down. He was surprised it didn't have a taste. "Anyway, I need two things from you Resed, before I finish this potion and attempt to rest. One, stop blaming yourself for what happened. You didn't force me to drink the bad luck brew, and you couldn't have known what was going to happen. I'm solely responsible for my predicament, not you. And two, we need to talk. A couple of unique acquaintances of yours spoke with me recently, and....we really need to talk before we get to Lammer."

Tymaril briefly contemplated what she wanted to tell Todd and Vasily. Should she use her real name or not? She decided against lying again, if only for simplicities sake. "You may call me Tymaril, and traveling with a group's safer than just me and my sister, so I'll do it. We were going to meet up at the Happy Hammer inn, so that's where we'll be. I should go tell her the news. Considering her scaredy cat nature, I should go alone. Luckily, it's close.

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Given the right reasons is more like it boy. "The only thing I would suggest in the future is not to drink something you don't know what it is. The moment of rudeness I was referring to was a few minutes ago outside the tent. Back when you first met me I was allowing my madness to flow through me as I had no reason to not reign it in. Admittedly I do enjoy letting it roam free, however for the moment it's best that it remain in check, and I assure you it will be under control for some time to come." He chuckled lightly to himself, still loud enough for the others to hear.

"Anyway I think I'll head out and go around the perimeter to make sure I don't smell anything lurking from that attack on Grentyl."

With that he left the tent and sniffed his way over to the edge of Resed's perimeter barrier, and slowly started making his way around it keeping alert for any odd smells, either physical or magical.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:12 am

Tigirid's eyes followed Pheonix's departure. "You're both more awkward than me." he breathed into his tea with a trace of awe and took a sip. He leaned back against the tent wall and felt it's resistance like a stone wall. Scanning the room, Tigirid felt comfortable. And that was pretty nice. He sat to allow the scene to flow around him. To let the patterns envelop him. Grentyl would probably shout at Shareth for straining himself when they would have a long day tomorrow. He had one of the most caring attitudes Tigirid could even imagine besides his lady, Hazel. Tigirid could almost feel her presence in his head when she looked at him with her big eyes. It was obvious why Grentyl liked her so much; interesting why she, possibly, liked him as well. Grentyl cared, but he was not empathetic.

Tigirid watched the necromancer's pattern most of all. He was most challenging for Tigirid. His initial judgement of Resed was clouded heavily by his preconceptions and his stink of evil. Now... the man still exhibited everything that would put Tigirid on guard, which was probably why Grentyl was exceptionally gruff with him. Yet his actions were... utterly bewildering. He seemed to love, which was strange enough on its own. But his continued complacence around Pheonix made Tigird believe that he was becoming senile. Was it possible that Resed was much older than he appeared?

Tigirid would continue to watch. Even the most erratic patterns had a driver somewhere.
Be The Change

Scaea
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:07 am

Todd's smile nearly reached his ears. "Well It's my pleasure to meet you both. And that's the idea Vasily. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. My lady I shall come for you and your sister at Midnight. Now that business has been settled. I shall retire. Oh Vasily, before you go, can you communicate with other Ravens?" He asked inquiringly.
-------------
The candles in the tent flashed out as Resed waved his hand non-chalantly in the air. Only the orange glowing heat stones in the hearth illuminated the tent. Resed tried to listen to Shareth without interrupting, he wanted to hear what the boy had to say, but he worried how much precious energy Shareth was using.

"I'm with Tigirid on this one" Grentyl said as he set down his cup and lay flat on his back on the floor next to Ayden.

"That Phoenix is awkward or Shareth is?" Ayden asked sleepily.

"Both. Now listen pup!" He gave Shareth a sharp look. "We dragged your ass across the country side, I got myself attacked by a bloody nightshade, and we are preparing to go through the worst place imaginable so that we can get you some help. Shut your muzzle and go to bed like the Bone Eater said!"

Resed gestured for him to calm down "Grentyl" He whispered "It's alright."

He knelt by Shareth's Bedside. "He's right Shareth. We can talk later, you are very ill, you need rest." He waved a hand over the boy's eyes, sending an overwhelming lethargic magic over him. Hazel gave the necromancer a hug from behind and rested her head against his back. Resed touched her hands gently.

"Hazel, do you mind taking first watch?" He asked her gently.

"Do I ever mind?" Her ears perked up.

"I'll take second watch." Grentyl added. "So she can rest."

"Very well. Watch Phoenix both of you. I don't trust him just yet. I suppose I should have stopped him from going out. I don't know if we have Nightshades or something else out there." The wind moaned outside. "But I suspect he has his inner demons to take care of."

He left Shareth's bedside, stepped over the sleeping drooling Ayden and flopped down on his bed face first into his pillow.

Outside the wind blew fiercely, dark figures with pale eyes moved eerily in the shadows of the trees, but they stayed clear of Resed's wards.

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Shareth visibly slumped a little, "WHa...." He shook his head, but only managed to make his headache worse, rather than dispell the weariness. He scowled as Resed flopped into his own bed. He would have to have a talk with him about using magic on people without their consent. It'd be one thing if he asked first, but I JUST woke up from a 2 day long nap! His stomach growled loudly, despite his nausea. And I haven't had anythin to eat since I fled Thimbleberry.... He groggily drank his tea before attempting to get something to munch on out of his pack. Unfortunately, in his current state, he wasn't even able to lift the pack. too....weak... Resed's spell only made the exertion exhaust him that much more. Shareth gave up on the food and took another good swig of the medicine, leaving about half before setting it back down. "You can have....some too....Grentyl. You wouldn't.....have been.....hurt...if...."
He never finished his sentence, as he nodded off to sleep, no longer able to resist the powerful forces arrayed against him.

Tym quickly made her way to the Happy Hammer, ever watchful for another ambush. Her pride had taken quite a beating with that fiasco, and she was not eager for a repeat. Once inside the inn, she quickly found Esmeralda and headed over to her none too discretely. "Hey, we have a problem, but I might have found a solution if you'll be willing to hear me out." She leaned in close and whispered, "promise me you won't freak out and run screaming out the door this time..."

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 pm

It didn't take very long for a very foul scent to permeate the air, a magical one so that none but Phoenix could smell it. Well that certainly didn't take long, I suppose I shouldn't provoke them unless they cross the necromancers barrier. It would certainly be a bad idea to deal with them by himself. For now he would return to the tent and keep an eye on the scent, should anyone be asleep back at the tent he would not wake them, although he hoped that someone would still be awake, assuredly should they cross the barrier the necromancer would no doubt spring awake.

He slowly made his way back to the tent making sure to not act like he had detected the creatures outside the perimeter, so as not to arouse their suspicion.

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Vasily thought about Todd's question, could he communicate with other birds of his 'kind' so to speak. "To be honest, I've never attempted such a thing, Perhaps I could, but the other bird would notice the difference between a demon and a real raven." He wasnt really sure, but perhaps this was true, for all he knew, he COULD speak to other ravens.

Quoth the Raven; "Imma fuck you up."

tadum2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

"Very well." Resed said, "Watch Phoenix both of you. I don't trust him just yet. I suppose I should have stopped him from going out. I don't know if we have Nightshades or something else out there. But I suspect he has his inner demons to take care of."

Tigirid nodded. That was more understanding than was warranted. "Nothing to trust." murmured Tigirid. He wasn't worried at the moment. Nothing would happen to them that night, he was sure. The tent was more secure than the strongest human castle. Instead, the little man watched Shareth as he stumbled about with his pack and potions.

"You can have....some too....Grentyl. You wouldn't.....have been.....hurt...if...." That was the end. Shareth finally collapsed in sleep.

"He's persistent." remarked Tigirid, "Like Grentyl: wants to take watch even though he's been shot. You should rest your leg as you can; I'll take second watch." He took another sip of tea and slumped into a half sleep. Occasionally waking to take another sip of his increasingly cold tea and keeping his mind open just enough so he would awaken to anything so slight as Hazel ending her time at watch.

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 pm

"Well if you discover you can, I want you to keep an eye out for a particularly fat one. His name is Rukruk, he's the companion of the person we are looking for. He can help us find him. I'm sure he'll find us along the way. I shall meet you at midnight." Todd stood from his seat and bowed. "A pleasure doing business with you."
-------

Grentyl wanted to take second watch, he was prepared to argue, but Tigirid was telling the truth, and he didn't want to pass up sleep. But Tigirid was new to the group, could he be trusted? Well Hazel didn't seem worried, so he wasn't going to. He laid down on his stomach, so as not to bother his tender shoulder, then slipped into a light sleep.

Resed dropped into his sleep like a corpse, with his eyes open. Hazel closed them, she knew why he kept them open, but didn't think it was necessary.
She occupied herself by looking through Resed's books, she couldn't read, but they had fascinating illustrations in them. Her favorite book illustrated the anatomy of various creatures she had never seen before. She was looking at a small scuttler demon. His insides were revealed, and lines pointed to various organs with notes scribbled on the sides of the page. As Phoenix came in quietly, she watched him, till he settled down, then went back to flipping pages.

She didn't bother to wake up Tigirid, she wasn't tired, and pretending to sleep was boring. Instead she prepared Shareth's morning drink. A thick soupy mixture of goats milk, eggs, mashed turnips.

As the dawn approached the nightshades dispersed, and the sky was overcast in gray. Hazel hadn't bothered with tea, she knew Resed planned to leave early. She gently woke Resed and they quietly prepared to leave, eventually they woke Grentyl and Ayden. They gathered the food, put on proper winter attire, and packed the weapons they would need, Ayden went to the stables to prepare the horses and the boar. Hazel, found a dusty pair of wool britches for Shareth, a pair of boots and a hat. She bundled him gently, trying not to wake him.
She and Resed whispered back and forth.
"How did he know you Hazel?" He asked comparing his wands, trying to decide the best one to take.
She pulled a pair of leather mittens onto Shareth's hands. "He was lost in your head, I helped him find his way back."
Resed looked even more perplexed. He wanted to ask how, but there was no point in asking Hazel to explain herself. "Does he know the others, does he know what you are?"
"No, I don't think so."
"Do you want him to know?"
Hazel paused, she looked at Grentyl and Tigirid.
Grentyl shrugged his shoulders. "I don't like hiding who I am, but I don't trust humans. Even the young and stupid ones." He shouldered a heavy pack and left the tent.
"Perhaps it is better if you three remain human, till we can explain things to him." Resed said sheathing his wand. "Er Tigirid, you are of druid nature as well, are you wolf like Grentyl?"

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Having gone the night without the creatures coming after them Phoenix felt rather reassured for the day ahead, but he harboured no delusions that they would not run into the creatures at all. After all they were most likely going right through the blasted things to get to the Roads. While everyone else was slowly getting ready for the day, Phoenix headed out to his horse to feed it a few apples and he also took this chance to take a look through the bags that his servant had put on the horse. There were several types of supplies in there all pretty general, first aid, food, stuff like that. But what he found interesting was that his servant had somehow gotten hold of a sword and shield, just a basic set, nothing special about it, and left it in the bags for her master.

Very interesting, I haven't used one of these in a while. I wonder, perhaps there's a way that my madness can still get "out" and not put me in danger with the Necromancer.

Phoenix took the sword/shield out placing the shield on his left arm and holding the sword in his right, he focused his energy into them allowing a portion of the madness to flow into each. As the madness bonded with them they both transformed becoming more effective than before.

OOC: For the appearance of the transformed sword/shield see http://www.wondercostumes.com/medieval- ... msake.html

Yes I like the way that worked, this should help out considerably, and the madness will feel as if it's being let out whenever we're in battle. And surely being able to protect the others better will help get him to trust me better.

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 pm

"Perhaps it is better if you three remain human, till we can explain things to him." Resed said sheathing his wand. "Er Tigirid, you are of druid nature as well, are you wolf like Grentyl?"

Tigirid shook his head, following Grentyl out of the tent. "I am not a wolf." he said somewhere between emotionless, incredulous, disappointed, and thankful. Tigirid sniffed the crisply cold air, letting his gaze hang around and his skin feel the wind.

There would be difficulties this day. Tigirid wished he was more of a pack person. But he was to used to being on his own, or just working with Aled. "I will guard left." he said, because he was already near that side of the party, "And I can decoy when we're attacked."
---
Aled awoke feeling refreshed and optimistic. He crawled out from under his tree and fed Marni a handful of dried grain. "Good girl. You are quite the mare, Marni!" he smiled, "Ready to find our friend?" He gave her a few scratches, gave her a once over and packed her night blanket away.

"I fear this will be my last day with you for a long while ol' girl. Unless we find that daft ol' man. I can't take you further into this forest if even half of the tales are true." But he smiled and put up a brave face, "I hope I'll see you again ol' girl! Find the rest of the Fold if you can. But what am I thinking!" he laughed to himself, "Why think about such sad things early in the game?" he saddled up on Marni and gave her a nudge, "Onward to victory, old friend. Victory."
---
It wasn't long after Mort was dragged away by a man almost half his size than Tymaril entered the Happy Hammer.

"Hey, we have a problem," she said, "but I might have found a solution if you'll be willing to hear me out." She leaned in close and whispered, "promise me you won't freak out and run screaming out the door this time..."

Esmeralda fidgeted and felt herself coloring just a little. "I'll try. But... I'm just so... Scared." she ended lamely. She felt Tym's confidence beside her and felt ashamed. Almost so much that she didn't notice the slight bent to her confidence. Her heart fluttered with just a little more fear, but she was able to quiet it back down.

"Something happened to you.... she said, "What was it! Were you attacked?" That much was obvious. She was pretty certain that Tym had been knocked out since she last saw her. "What Has Happened!"

That wasn't the real thought on Esmeralda's mind. She knew what had happened. The question was: what was going to happen.

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Tym puts a re-assuring hand on Esmeralda's shoulder. "I know you're scared, I am too. But we can't let fear win. Being brave isn't about being fearless. Being fearless is stupid, there are things out there you should be afraid of. Really, being brave is about facing your fears." Tym squeezes Esmeralda's shoulder reassuringly before gently guiding her back to their room. Finding it was no challenge, since it was a small inn with only two rooms, the first of which was occupied by a pair of travelers who were talking in hushed voices. The real challenge would be telling Esmeralda what had happened that night. Once securely within their room, she sits down on a bed, not bothering to check if it was clean or not. " The reason I'm afraid, is I was ambushed by those thugs from earlier. Luckily, coupla guys came to my rescue. Those thugs won't be a problem again, but this place isn't safe for us anymore. We're going to have to keep moving. If you want, we can go with the people who saved me. They have a plan, and I think we can trust them."

-----------------------------------------
As the rest of the group began to awaken and move about, Shareth stirred a little. Their voices were far off and muffled, he couldn't quite hear what they were saying. Were they even talking, or was he still dreaming? Were they outside the tent speaking with one another, or were they inside? He couldn't really tell. None of this makes sense. Why are they going out of their way to help me? They all act as if this is completely normal....I'm just some farm kid, nothing special about me, so why are they doing this? That rough guy, Grentyl I think, he definitely seems unhappy with me. Everyone else seems so nice....but why?
He felt a presence by his bed, but wasn't sure how he knew they were there.

"Is it so unusual for people to care for one another?"
Shareth tries to open his eyes to see who was talking to him, but his body didn't want to respond.
"Wouldn't you try to help someone? After all, isn't that how you got into this situation, Shareth?"
Who was talking to him? How did they know what he was thinking. He tries to ask them, but no words come out.
"I'm so sorry. If you had lived a different life, you might not be so suspicious of their kindness. Just remember, not everyone is going to hate you without reason. You have people who care about you Shareth!"
And with that, the presence fades away. His eyes snap open, alert and awake. He turns to look at who was talking to him, and for a moment he thinks he sees the outline of his mother, but his vision is too blurry. After blinking a few times, he realizes no one is there.
Great....now I'm seeing things.
The hollow feeling in his stomach declares he has much more to worry about than hallucinations. Though nauseous still, he understands that he needs food. It wasn't so much an instantaneous thing. Rather, he was made aware of a feeling that had been there for quite a while. Perhaps it was a good thing Resed had used his spell on Shareth. I resent that he used it without asking me, but I reckon there's no way I could sleep feeling like this. I'll bring it up with him when this is all over.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Phoenix placed the Madness Sword and it's shield securely on his back, easily reachable when needed but also out of the way. He passed Tigrid on his way back into the tent to check if the others were ready yet.

"A sound idea, I'll be sure to keep my nose alert so we'll know when a decoy is needed."

He entered the tent to see the boy wide awake and alert.

"Well welcome back from the dream world, I suspect you're rather ravished, heck that much sleep and I'd be hungry myself. I can grab an apple or two if you'd like."

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Tym was right. She would have to face her fears. And though her legs shook the whole time, she walked with Tym back to their room and listened to her. She tried to look at it all as if it were a story. It helped a little.

"Isn't safe. Anymore." mumbled Esmeralda, "How come that happened so quickly?" She took a deep breath, "Alright, Tym. I'll trust you. I hope your right."

Esmeralda knew she wasn't being entirely truthful, but she hoped that if she acted like she trusted completely and was confident, she would find some.
----
"Apple?" coughed Tigirid, "Where the hell are you gettin' apples? I'll take one if you're sharing."

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 pm

"What? I found an apple tree last night while I helped Resed gather firewood. Figured my horse'd like them, not to mention you never know when they might come in handy. There's plenty in my bag outside, so if the boy wants one I'll grab one for you as well."

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

"What? I found an apple tree last night while I helpd Resed gather firewood." said Pheonix.

Tigirid frowned, and looked askance at Resed. "This is a strange forest indeed." he growled, "I hope we find that gate soon and make it to Lammer City."
-----
Aled was thankful that the wind was still, but without even the cracks of daylight coming out, there was no warmth in the air. Aled hummed to keep his lips limber and to keep his mind a little more occupied. But his tune was still sombre. Aled didn't want to hide his emotions from himself. He enjoyed living them in his own way, and enjoyed his sombre tune as he rode Marni through the forest.

Presently, a few rays of daylight began to glow in the forest. With a nudge, he corrected his direction. He had gotten a little off course without anything to keep his directions straight. Again he lamented the loss of his more skilled traveling companion.

"Well Marni! Maybe we'll have a warm day for you before I see you off. I certainly hope so ol' girl."

Then Aled espied something. With a frown, he led Marni toward it. Eager, she reached her head out to take a bite, but Aled turned her head, "No girl." laughed the fop, "They look pretty good, but I don't trust fruit that grows in the winter." Aled reached out and plucked an apple from the tree. It even had leaves.

"Huh. Well. Perhaps it will make a good present for our estranged friend. I hope it doesn't hurt him." Aled tucked the apple in his tunic and had to stop Marni again.

"I think we're already too deep into this, my friend. I can't have you eating pears and peaches in this place." Aled turned and trotted Marni back toward the regularly-functioning world and stepped down.

"Hope I see you again, ol' Girl. I hope you remember this: 'see Sartapi!', he cried and slapped her on the rear. With a plantive whinny Marni trotted gallped away as fast as she could go in a dense-ish forest.

Aled turned back to his mission. Now getting his boots all covered in snow! He sighed theatrically and trodded on.

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Resed turned to see Phoenix and Tigirid enter. He was surprised by the apple as well, and nodded in silent agreement with Tigirid. "Yes I suppose we should get moving, Something rather odd is happening if Night Shades are present this far out from the gates and if apples are growing on trees. Perhaps wait a little on the apples Phoenix, we might have an opportunity to study them further when we reach Lammer."

Ayden opened the door of the tent. "The horses are outside, we just need to collapse the tent. Do you want to wait till Shareth's had breakfast?" He asked.
"No" Resed said sternly "He can eat on the way. We need to get moving."

With that Resed led everyone outside, Hazel picked up Shareth and sat him up on Rett. Resed collapsed the tent with a word, it folded in on itself till it was the size of a nap sack.
Grentyl helped Hazel Secure Shareth onto the boar. He was so bundled in furs and blankets that he looked like a caterpillar in a caccoon, all covered except for his face. Ayden hopped up behind him. "You'll be riding with me buddy, lemme know when you're hungry I got breakfast for ya!" He swizzled the thick greenish liquid in the bottle.

"Hazel will you scout for us, be careful, I don't want another incident like Grentyl's."
Grentyl humphed.

She smiled picked up her skirt and dashed across the snow "Meet you at the gate!" She called back.

Resed mounted his horse "Lets go."

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Vasily took gathered himself and leaped taking the form of a raven midair. He had no intentions of finding this brightly dressed mans raven, he had to focus on the task at hand. After circling 'round the village for minutes he glided back down the inn were his little struggle went down. Before gasped and turned heads as the recent familiar walked up to the bar. "Im going to need that room back, free of charge for me right, I AM a frequent patron." Vasily grinned at the little joke with his own sadistic laugh.

tadum2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Phoenix mounted his horse, ensuring he had his new sword and shield attached to his left arm just above his wrist. The horse neighed as he pulled back on the reigns, rearing up on its hindlegs. He looked toward resed afte the apple comment, "Study them? As far as I know I'm able to find them at any time of year, so theres nothing odd about it to me. It's just an apple, see?" With that he took a bite and then faced the bitten off section towards Resed.

"Anyway, you sure it's wise letting the woman go off on her own? I mean not to underestimate what she can do or anything?"

He simply gave his horse a mental nudge to get going and they started moving along with the rest of the party.
Last edited by cmpuncle on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Shareth endured the groups kindness like a champ. Sure it bothered him to be carried and looked after like a helpless child, but wasn't that what he was? He felt naked with his father's sword stored in the tent, but it wasn't like he could wield it right now anyway. No matter, it still would have been a comfort to have. These woods felt...strange to him. Dangerous and alive. Or something like it.
As Ayden hopped onto Rett behind him, offering yet another strange looking concoction, Shareth internally admitted defeat. He needed food, regardless of how disgusting it looked or how nauseated he was. "I think I'll eat now, thank you, " he rasped through his burning lungs. The poison was definitely taking its toll. He gave himself another day or two at most. Maybe longer if Resed could slow its progress.

Elsewhere, Tym did her best to smile reassuringly at Esmralda. "Thanks, that means a lot, Esmeralda. So here's the plan, we'll be travelling together as a group of four. You, me, and one of our travelling companions are going to masquerade as siblings travelling together. The fourth companion will be rumored to be a demon summoned by me. He's not actually a demon, he just looks really scary. If all goes well, people won't bother us for fear they'll be eaten by a demon." Tymaril hoped this wouldn't scare the poor girl even more.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!