Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Their Hearts' Desire {Closed}

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Their Hearts' Desire {Closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Kaitlynn took the wrapped package and tugged at the string that had wrapped it until it fell apart. She was silent as she gazed at the material. The dress was made from sturdy fabric and various shades of morning light. The different yellow folds of material drew Kaitlynn's attention and she lightly touched the embroidery on the bodice. It was simple and no where near fancy, but to Kaitlynn, it was the fanciest thing she'd ever owned. She glanced at Merek with a perked eye brow, but the corner of her lips began to twitch.

She had lived the life of a man for over ten years. She had been more comfortable with a sword than she ever had been with a doll. Though as she looked down at the dress, it pulled her back in time to when her mother had made a dress for the summer solstice. The small dress had been a similar yellow color with a lot less fabric. Her parents had never been rich and yet her mother had done all she could to give Kaitlynn a dress to where to the festivities.

"It's lovely, thank you," her voice was oddly distant. The memories that began to surface were ones she had buried so deep down that they had never even ventured into her dreaming state. "Could you," she paused and bit her lip, "could you help me change?" she knew that she would only rip her injury open further if she changed from her tattered and bloodied clothes into the yellow dress.

It was quite the painstaking task using Merek for support. In the end they had finally managed it without causing her injury to bleed any further. The exertion and time it had taken for the whole process had left Kaitlynn exhausted. She looked at her filthy clothing discarded to the side before she gently smooth the fabric over her midsection and eliminated the wrinkles.

"What do you think?" she asked, a light breeze drawing strands of her hair to her face. She felt nervous and exposed. At the same time she felt oddly elated and giddy inside. It was as though the last ten or so years hadn't mattered. Every moment of her childhood, most especially the good, came flooding back. For the first time a soft smile graced her face without her even thinking about it.

Even with the terrible pain inside of her from where her broken blade had penetrated the skin, she was happy. Kaitlynn even began to laugh. She felt he must think her crazy to suddenly be laughing, but after all they had been through, all she felt like doing was laugh. The dragon had set her free when he had asked her to give up her path to revenge. She didn't realize it before but it was a blessing to her now. She could now discover what she wanted from life. More importantly, she could let herself be consumed by love rather than her hatred.

As Kaitlynn peered at Merek through the darkness, her eyes twinkled and her smile was for him now. She had never known she had imprisoned herself until he had come along.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:57 pm

No shouts of exultation, no trumpets, no fanfare. Well all that might have been a bit much really. It wasn't that Merek expected glorious praise for having done well enough to fulfill her request, it was simply that he expected more than a single raise of a brow and an overall air of one soon to verge on amusement. Of course, this possible mirth she was play at must have been the sarcastic kind. He was assuming things now as her reaction, or lack of one really, had taken him aback. Perhaps he'd judged wrong? Merek hadn't known the girl for years but he felt he should be familiar enough with her kind of expressions of happiness. In that light, this experience was lacking.

But his displeasure in this might have been non-existent for how he showed it. The young man said nothing in response to her thanks and only observed, with some attention, to the odd state she then was lost to. Strange indeed. He knew less and less of what to make of all this and his silence persisted. Her next request was met easily; he had no trouble providing necessary aid to her. By the end of it, all would have been lost for him were it not for the pretty picture of which she was now the subject. Naturally she'd inquired about his thoughts but he was too busy having more of them to readily answer her. Only at length did he speak, "You're lovely. Like an autumn morning." The new color added to those which were natural to her painted the image well in his eyes even in the darkened light.

Then smiled and she laughed, and the picture had transformed into a moving one like those presented by the players of the theatre. He didn't think it crazy in the least, unexpected perhaps, but understandable for the present time. Surviving an encounter with a dragon was enough to warrant that, let alone all else they'd done. And since her mood was like this, catching that was, he was put at ease concerning her prior odd reaction. "You must elaborate on what's inspired all this happiness, Kaitlynn," he insisted, having stepped closer and gathered her up into his arms. "I would hate to think I had no part in it at all." Moments like this must have been well earned by now. After the trials, there was nothing more than to return home. The return itself was not a topic he cared to cover yet though it must be done soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Kaitlynn's face flushed at his words, but this time it was a pleasant experience. She was grinning like a mad idiot as he stepped close and engulfed her into his arms. She felt secure and perfectly safe as he had encircled her completely with his arms. It wasn't very logical as she could better defend him than he could defend her. Yet she still felt that he could keep her nightmare's at bay and keep the demon's from turning her soul to shreds. It didn't even occur in her mind that this would've been an awkward situation only a few short days before. All that mattered with right there, with him.

"Nonsense," she said softly. "All of this exuberance is based completely in you." She said. "It's because of you, all of this, that we are at this point right now. I hated and loathed you so much when I was dragged into this stupid quest when I had no part in it other then being in the wrong place at the wrong time." Her giddy attitude quickly calmed and dropped quite suddenly as her expression became contemplative.

"Do you believe there is such a thing as fate?" she looked up at the stars. They were grand and beautiful. "Maybe I was in the right place at the right time." She brought her face down to meet his eyes. "Do you think it's possible all of this happened because it was suppsosed to? I can't imagine it being so, but then I can't imagine this all being accident and coincidence." She turned her face back to the stars. "Do you think our story is written up there, and we are merely playing it out as it ought to be?"

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Him? The knowledge of his being inspiration for this happy mood of hers generated the same for him and a smile about his lips was the sign of it. A bit selfish to allow himself happiness for this but he couldn't have helped it. The moment was complete. The two of them were freed from concerns of the outside world for now. There was little at all to consider beyond each other and the easy demands of the present setting of this mountaintop clearing.

The earlier mention of her loathe for him after their first being involved was odd next to her following question. And at the inquiry, the mood had dimmed yet not died. He'd followed her gaze up to the stars where the darkened skies were o'ercrowded with so many bright spots, it seemed likely that some might fall out.

"It is easy to suppose such things when circumstances are well," he murmured and his gaze fell to hers. "I've always thought one actively shapes his own fate through what he does. I didn't desire your company any more than you did mine when we first set out though that changed. If we never had the fight near the riverside and what followed, this moment would have been far less likely to ever happened." Merek fell quiet though soon voiced a short chuckle.

"I believe I'm ruining the moment with my thoughts. Apologies, my dear." He said, letting his forehead touch Kaitlynn's. "Fate or not, I couldn't be more pleased with the present and the more I consider it, the more an idea strikes me. Suppose we don't return to Rishing. What would you say of that?"

The idea had come about quickly though Merek liked it more with every passing second. His expression must have conveyed his rapt, nostalgia-like fascination of it. The thought was perfect. Certainly he would have to learn the life of travel the way she had so they might go anywhere they please. The life would be so very different than that in the castle. But then, in his years, he'd spent almost all of his time finding ways to stay out from behind its stone walls. What could be better than being free of obligations and pursuing a life of travel with the young woman for which he cared a great deal.

korr.a
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Kaitlynn laughed softly as she thought back to their fight. It seemed silly now. Everything was working out and seemed to be turning out for the better. She didn't see how anything wrong could happen now. She smiled tenderly at him as he leaned his forehead against her own. She didn't feel he was ruining the moment. She doubted such silly notions, but there was still a shred inside of her that wondered if it was at all possible for them to have a predetermined path with no control.

At his suggestion, the atmosphere that had seemed so light before grew heavy. She looked at him with curious eyes. Her answer was instantly to her lips, but she bit it down. She wanted to say yes and not return to Rishing where a different life would unfold. She wanted to keep in a constant state of motion with him. She wanted to see the world, and discover the many wonders that were still secret to her.

Then there was the part of her that had duty and honor trained into her brain and her very nature that she couldn't ignore. Merek was the crown prince. There was a very high chance his father, the king, had already passed away. They were far enough away from the city that they didn't know if he had, or how bad it could be.

"How can we abandon such heavy responsibilities?" her tone was heavy laden with remorse. "I want to, but what about the people?" she asked carefully. She didn't want to upset him, and she didn't want to kill the glimmer of hope that had blossomed in his eyes.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korr.a on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:58 pm

"And what of the people?" Merek turned the question back to her quite seriously and apparently disregarded her sense of remorse. The distance between their faces was restored. His expression was less outright mirthful though there was still a trace of the element in the young man's eyes. Preposterous, it seemed the idea was. Kaitlynn was so kind as to not fell his idea right from the start but he did hope she was not merely humoring him now.

"What responsibilities are there?" He went on over the soft chirp of the night birds. "There are the knights for you but I know not of how much you wish to return to their order. You could have comrades you wish to see again and then you might not. As for me, I bear nothing so long as I remain outside the city. Upon my father's death, the regent will rule in my stead; this is how it has always been."

His eyes had wandered up to the stars again at some point but they drifted down to seek out hers again. He offered her a small smile and a fond squeeze in turn. "Is the life of a traveler so difficult to imagine?" He was more quiet now as he wished for her true thoughts. "With no war I cannot imagine much for a knight beyond an eventual lapse into the provincial. So then, I say we travel. We already have been anyhow, adjustment would not be so far off. Is it truly your wish for the opposite?"

korr.a
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!