Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lockdown (New, needs people!)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Lockdown (New, needs people!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Alright, the other roleplay that I started (It's called Romance RP) seems to have failed epically, and I've gotten through my "OMG! MUST-DO-ROMANCE!!! phase, and-though it pains me to say it- I'm abandoning that RP, and starting another of my own.

Well, the inspiration for this thing came through some story or another about a school shooting. Basically, you're a high school student, (A junior, to be exact) Who's in their 3rd period History class, when an announcement comes over the PA: "The school is entering lockdown. Teachers, you aren't allowed to open the door for ANYthing. Please don't panic, remain-" The PA goes off. You hear four gunshots, and everything goes quiet.

This rp-

My character is a kid named Alex Carter, and he's always been the rebellious type. So, when he realizes that there's a guy with a gun loose in the school and he's supposed to hide in the corner and do nothing, he decides to get his fellow History class students together, overthrow the teacher, and go after the guy with the gun.

YOU, as a rper, are either one of Alex's fellow students, or you could be the teacher. If you want to be a kid from another class that meets them in the hall, just jump in once we're there. Also, at some point we'll need someone to be the gunman.

I'll take 5 or 6 history class students (the ones staying behind aren't worth mentioning) a teacher, a gunman, and a few other students.

Character skeleton!!

Name:
Age: (They're juniors, so probably 16 or 17, unless if they stayed back/moved up. Or, if you're the teacher/gunman, it's up to you)
Appearance: (Picture or description. Real pictures preffered over anime)
Personality: (You don't have to do this one, we'll find out in the RP anyway)
Weapon: (Something they're bringing with them to try to outwit the gunman)
Other:

Mine:

Name: Alex Carter
Appearance: (Forget one of the lip rings, and not quite so emo looking
Personality: A bit of a rebel, sort of too-cool, known for getting into trouble
Weapon: His swiss army knife, which he carries with him everywhere, despite school rules
Other: Nothing, really
Last edited by IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Christian. No, I don't care if you hate me because of my beliefs. There it is.
And yes, that is a muffin in my avatar.
95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.
Love ya!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Lockdown (New, needs people!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Hm...seems interesting...may I join as a fellow history student?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm in! Were's the Profile skeleton?
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

I just edited and put it up :)

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Name: Melody
Appearance: She has blond hair and hazel eyes. Normally weres a blue jacket and white skirt or jeans. She has pale skin, even though she trys to tan. Most guys go crazy about her, but she dosn't notice.
Weapon: A knife she found in the teachers desk.
Other: She is very smart.

Name: Lynn
Appearance: She has short black hair and noramally wears black.
Weapon: She is the gunman so of course she has a gun. She had gotten picked on alot and finally got tired of it.
Last edited by AHeartlessNobody on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 pm

That'll be fine, I was worried no one would want to be the person with the gun.
It won't be a normal thing, though, like to future rpers on this post, you can't have two students, because that would just be too much, I think.

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 pm

ooc/ Ooh, FUNTASTIC. And hello again. ^.^

Name: Robin Evan Hunt
Appearance:
Personality: Crude, uncaring, and just a down-right bastard. He has a soft side somewhere in there, but good luck finding it... The only time he's ever moderately friendly is around "hot" girls, and even then he's just a perverted ass towards them. In other roleplays, when my friend plays his dearest Helena, he's bright, happy, and optimistic. She is the only cure to his cruelty. *rolls eyes*
Weapon: Pocket knife and a lighter, baby. >:)
Other: ... I'll get back to you on this.
Last edited by Kruor on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Name:
Matthias Aeren Kane
Appearance:

Today, Matthias is wearing a white dress shirt with the top two buttons undone, worn, dark-blue jeans, and black basketball shoes. Around his neck, Matthias has a small, platinum chain necklace, and he has a stainless steel watch on his right wrist. In his back right pocket, Matthias has a black leather wallet.
Weapon:
Matthias only has his smarts and his instinct to help him.
Other:
N/A

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 pm

ooc/ Gah, I'm getting too mixed up with my character's pictures. >.<

Okay, well... I can never seem to find the perfect images for my characters... I suppose Desmond's old picture will do for Robin, since the facial experession completely reminds me of him, and I chose a new one for Des. *headdesk* Pay no attention to the blathering moron that sits before you, I'm merely speaking to myself...

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Name: Sally Burlington
Appearance: Image today she is wearing that dress with black and pink striped tights to go along with it and her converse that have doodles on them. and her hair is put into a low ponytail.
Personality: Sally is kind of a weird girl out, but people are still drawn to her dorky personality and strange habits. She does well under pressure and is pretty popular around the school...you'll discover more about her after we start though... ^-^
Weapon: she has fairly large rings and a good punch.
Other: N/A

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Wow, not even an hour and we already have 6 charries. I'm impressed. ^^
Well, I'll take 1 or 2 more history class students.

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm

I was just thinking...is there only one gunman, or a group of them? Because I think it'd be a lot more fun if there was more than one bad guy.

Also, how big is the school?

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:42 pm

You know, that would be a really good idea!
Now, officially, there can be three or four or five gunmen. Thanks, Kaedai Mikalio!

The school...well, it's as big as a normal public high school, I guess. Two stories. Fairly, um, long. Sorry, I'm not very good with measurments :P

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 pm

This seems interesting, and a good way to sort of break my way back into RP-ing. If you'll have me, I'm in. (I can use this character for a gunman or a student. I prefer student, but he's not hard to twist into a gunman if the balance is off).

Name: Tobias "Toby" Lyman
Appearance:
Tall, around 5' 11" but thin, having just been through a recent growth spurt and not fully grown into his new height. His Hair is a chestnut brown, and is usually short, but has, like him, grown quite a bit recently and is unruly and around 5" long. His eyes a a dark brown, almost black, and his eyes are often flitting about, trying to keep track of people. Today, he wears a grey t-shirt with an open black dress shirt over it, blue carpenter jeans, black boots, and his wire framed glasses. he has a large trench coat which he left out in the quad in the morning, which had his Zippo lighter and a pocket knife hidden in a hole in the pocket. He is currently pissed about that. The coat is either in the lost and found by now, or still where he left it at his usual table in the quad.

Personality:
Toby is the kind of kid just as likely to creep you out as he is to make you laugh. He has a very morbid, sarcastic and cynical sense of humor, and tends to crack jokes when he is uncomfortable, with mixed results. He has a head for trivia and math, leading him to be good to the point of being annoying at history and random questions, answering before the teacher does. He is, however, horrible with faces and names, so he often feels awkward around people only because he has forgotten who they are. He just started taking his first martial arts class (Krav Maga) this past weekend, so he's feeling unusually cocky without a real good reason for it.

Weapons:
His pocket knife and Zippo lighter if he can get to them, but also an X-acto blade from his backpack for art class (5th period).

Other:
He wears a crucifix from his mother around his neck, and tends to kiss it when he's nervous. He also has his wallet, cell phone (battery dead), keys, a half-empty pack of cigarettes, a mechanical pencil (plastic .05 lead) and a few coins in his pocket.
If you mess with me, you WILL be hippyfied. You are officially warned.

You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime.
~Death

How's the general public today?
Off it's meds.
~Ian and Matt Machall

Target
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Name: Lara Wilson
Appearance:
Personality: untrusting of others mainly boys, tends to be a loner
Weapon: pepper spray and martal arts
Other: her personality and weapon are because she was almost raped once and as gone though self defence classes.

Name: Aaron Winters
Appearance:
Personality: the quiet guy in the back of they class that seems to hate everyone
Weapon: 9mm handgun
Other: he treats killing as a fun game
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lulzapalooza on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm going to play one of the gunman's fathers and also the history teacher. He's got a secret, but most the students already know it, and the ones that don't know are usually too selfish to care.

Name: Jacob Simpson, or Mr. Simpson to the students
Personality: Having spent the majority of his life a nerd who played D&D in the seventies, Jacob was beside himself with joy when he met and married Marry Carter, who is his now ex-wife, and the mother of his pride and joy. Lynn was born 17 years ago, a screaming pink thing demanding nothing but happiness everywhere she was carried, and later crawled. It's only recently that Lynn has become disturbed and upset. Truth be told, Jacob feels responsible for his daughter's unhappiness. Her mother divorced him when he told her he was gay. That was hard enough on Lynn, but last year Jacob was exposed, and after a long legal battle and a horrible scandel he was allowed to keep his job teaching highschool history. Jacob feels it's his own fault that his daughter is made fun of in school; kids can be so cruel.
Weapon: A maglight, which is a big heavy metal flashlight, which could easily be used as a club.
Other: Jacob is the history teacher, gay, and Lynn, the gunmans' father. This morning, he left Lynn in bed; he thought she was too depressed to get out of bed. He'd rather take the fall for her than let anything bad happen to Lynn. He'd never admit it, but he'd also kill anyone who stood between her and her freedom.
[url="http://www.wizards.com/dnd/"]D&D Home Page[/url] - [url="http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/index.asp"]What Class Are You?[/url] - [url="http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider/characterbuilder"]Build A Character[/url] - [url="http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx?searchterm=Wizard"]D&D Compendium[/url]

lulzapalooza
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 pm

When is the IC going to be up?

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IWantCookies on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Iced Fire wrote:Name: Lara Wilson
Appearance:
Personality: untrusting of others mainly boys, tends to be a loner
Weapon: pepper spray and martal arts
Other: her personality and weapon are because she was almost raped once and as gone though self defence classes.

Name: Aaron Winters
Appearance:
Personality: the quiet guy in the back of they class that seems to hate everyone
Weapon: 9mm handgun
Other: he treats killing as a fun game

As I said in a previous post, I'm sorry, but no one is allowed to have two students. It would get pretty confusing pretty quickly. So, please, pick one.

I'm about to put up the IC right now. If someone wants to join as another gunman/woman, I'll take a few more people.

IWantCookies
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:35 am

I havea couple questions.

1. Where is the school? (What State; urban, suburban, rural; desert, forest, coast, flats; etc?)

2. Any chance on a more detailed latyout? I'm guessing, from what you said before, there are two floors, single hallway, class rooms and other rooms on both sides, and an ofice somewhere. Is the History room on the second or first floor? One, two, or three stairwells? Is there a detached gym? just some basic facts that can affect the RP and how it all plays out.

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 am

well i thought one a student one a gunman other gunman had same set up...one normal student and a gunman.

but if not then i'll go with the girl

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!