Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Sun May 17, 2009 11:48 pm

The girl with make-up seemed really nice regardless of her power. Fear...now if there was a scary power that would be it. "Hehe well I kinda got kicked out of the police force for....blowing up a meth lab". Reikka said in a embarrassed tone. "So yeah haha I heard you say something about government....there not too fond of me I try to be kind of a vigilante around here but yeah..." Realizing that she was beggining to talk to much she quickly looked around to see everyone els. ~I guess I should try to make more friends than one. "Uhh so haha how is everyone els doing" she said realizing how silly she sounded she quickly looked around a seconed time praying someone would respond regaurdless of her sillyness.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Reikka
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 am

"Names Angis" He said offering his hand, saving her from Isabel. He watched carefully as she produced ammunition. Amazing he thought if i could conjure metal out of thin air i wouldnt be restricted to only what is avalible. fingering a small trinket in his cloak. "A very niffty power indeed" he said redirecting his attention back to her "You said theres more?" He inquired, "please, if you dont mind, demonstrate it for us."

He thought back to the 'incident'. It couldnt be worse

Please enjoy a story of my own about pirates, dragons, and magic ->The Voyage: Grand Charlotte

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Mon May 18, 2009 4:00 pm

One of the new arrivals could conjure ammo. That was a strange power ot say the least, but Ryan wasn't in a place to judge other people. He was beginning to want out of this place. It was a bit crowded but he had another feeling about it to. He felt that they all had to get out, one way or another. He didn't want to get caught up in whatever they were going to have to do. Besides, Ryan figured his power wouldn't be much use to anyone at the current time.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Mon May 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Reikka looked over at Angis and shook his hand with relief "Very nice to meet you" she said with a friendly smile. "You said there's more?" these words made her blood run cold for a moment as she released his hand she didn't want to seem untrustworthy or mysterious and besides she could possibly just try to show them without destroying anything. "Well I suppose I can try to show you" Reikka said in a worried tone. "Basically when I fire a weapon with one of my conjured bullets I can use elements so I can engulf the bullet in fire or ice or you know whatever the time calls for" she says as she rose her rifle and pointed it at a nearby book shelf. ~Alright all I have to do is focus on not completely destroying this object and....~ boom the bullet flew from the barrel leaving a small shock wave behind Reikka as it burst ed into flame demolishing the bookcase on impact. "Oh nuts not again" she said running over to the book case that was now a chard pile of ash and tried to put out the fire.

Reikka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 pm

"Eek!" Allegra jumped slightly as she was snuck up on. She turned around to face whoever was behind her, breathing hard in surprise. "Oh...hi..."

She gave the man a quick once-over. He's...interesting, she thought. He looked like one of those rock band guys, with one eye hidden by his bangs. The layered shirts and skinny jeans reminded Allegra of the sensitive poet boys at her school. He could be cute, if it wasn't for the burns on half his face.

It seemed everyone here just had that one thing that offset their appearance. The clown girl had her freaky makeup, this guy had his scars...

...And Allegra had her weight problem. We're not so different...all of us...

"So, who might you be?" she asked softly, glancing briefly into his eyes and then staring off into some random direction, giggling nervously. It was strange that a guy was actually talking to her, but she liked it.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

A bang webt of in the direction of the group. It roused Ryan from whatever thoughts he was having at the moment. Glancing over at the group, he noticed the woman had her rifle raised. A distance away, a book shelf and its contents had burst into flames and had become a nothing more thatn a pile of embers and ash. Aside from the startle, it had another effect on Ryan too. He wondered more about his powers. He wanted more control, but he was too scared most of the time to even to try to use them. Now he could only use his power when he was angry, but maybe, with practice, he could get more control. Instead of the crude shape he made now, maybe he could perfect the shapes, make them into better... weapons. That's the only thing his power seemed to him right now, a weapon.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 pm

"Amazing!!!"

((Ok yall hate me right now but im in deep doo doo with my gf so ill expand in a bit))

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 pm

{Laurence}
Laurence jumped as the book case burst into flame and became just a pile of ashes within seconds. "Wow." He said instinctivly reaching for Fleurs hand. He couldn't help but be impressed by what she could do. It was almost as cool as Angis's ability.

{Fleur}
Fleur could hear the explosion as Laurence jumped. It must have been the new girl showing off her abilities. Even the dead semed to jump at the noise. What ever she could do seemed impressive at least. "Might I ask, while we are all just standing here, does anyone have any idea who this mysterious man is that brought us here?" She asked feeling her way forward to what she hoped was near the center of the group but not quite all the way. "And does anyone have a plan as to what we are going to do? I don't know how long we are going to be here and it would be nice to know what others are thinking on the matter."
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm

"That...was...epic," Isabel breathes, gazing into the fire Reikka's just started by blowing up the bookshelf. A blast like that could kill a fair number of humans on a crowded city street. Reikka doesn't know it, but with that stellar bit of destruction, she's won herself indefinite amnesty from fear-torment, no matter how desperate for screams Isabel became.

Her head turns to Fleur as the girl speaks. "I suspect he's with the government or some corporation," she says in a low whisper, not that the man, or whatever it is, can't hear her anyway. "All this talk about common enemies, conspiracies, and mutant welfare...it's probably just to throw us off, lure us into a false sense of security, ya ken?"

Of course, she doesn't actually know this for a fact, but when faced with the unknown, it's usually safer to assume--and prepare for--the worst.
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Wed May 20, 2009 4:21 pm

THe blind girl walked towards the center of the group. SHe asked if anyone knew why they were brought here. "My guess is that they want to use us." He thought. Cynical as it sounded, he had a good reason to be cynical of people. "Maybe they'll promise us safety and shelter, but when they are done with us, they'll discard us like trash." A little bit of Ryan's shadow jumped into his hand, it formed a ball about the size of a marble. He looked at it for a second, and dropped it on the ground, hwere it melted back into his shadow.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

"They call me Roger Dorian," Roger said. "I've got your first name--it's Allegra--and your last...let's see here, I'm definitely getting a 'V' vibe..."

Smirking crookedly, he took a few wild guesses while he tried to reestablish his link with the girl Allegra had texted earlier. "Valero? Vanderbilt? Viedamour?"

After a few seconds, he managed to pull the answer out of someone's head. "Oh, I was way off, it's Visconage!"

Alright, now you're just showing off, he chided himself inwardly, but he couldn't help it. He didn't get much female attention, so it wasn't a wonder that he liked to milk it for all it was worth.

Still, he was reluctant to access her mind directly. But only hers.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Wed May 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Reikka continued to stomp out the last bit of lit embers as she wiped some sweat of her forehead she made her way back to the group. "Well that is not what I wanted to do but just as well I guess... Oh jeez whoever owns this library is gonna be pissed" Reikka said as she looked around worried. She switched her attention back to the group seemed the girl with make up thought it was some sort of Government related corporation or something like that. "Well thats not good at all the governments not a big fan of me err....us I mean" Reikka said in a worried tone as she frowned shifting her eyes around the library getting a good look for the first time since her embarrassing entrance.

Reikka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Wed May 20, 2009 11:31 pm

"Whoa," Allegra gasped in surprise as Roger correctly guessed her name. "That was amazing! Are you like, a psychic or something?"

She blushed noticeably, a slight giggle escaping her lips. Oh my gosh, he's reading my mind, she incorrectly assumed. That's so cool...ohmygosh! He's probably hearing all of this right now!

Allegra vaguely registered the sounds of the others' voices, talking about ploys and being used and government conspiracies, but she wasn't paying much attention, her mind elsewhere.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Thu May 21, 2009 10:42 pm

"The government's not a big fan of me err....us I mean, says Reikka as she makes her way back to the group, having dealt with the fire.

"The government's not a fan of anything powerful enough to overthrow it," agrees Isabel. "Humans," she seethes contemptuously, "all power-hungry leaches unwilling to accept the fact that their weak, wormlike species will inevitably lose its dominance to us." She could rant on longer, but she doesn't--she's made her point.

From across the room, she notices two people, the chubby girl from earlier, and some disfigured, seemingly-emo kid, paying no attention to the others' discussion concerning the ringleader's motives, but blatantly flirting. Isabel snorts, covering her mouth with her hand. It comes away smeared with powder and lipstick.

Monster-boy and fatty, who would have thought? she snickers inwardly. Then again, they do seem rather suited to each other...after all, who else would have them?

[[Wow guys, that almost hurt to write. I'm the one who's a slight teratophiliac here...but alas, Isabel must stay in her ever-critical character...sigh.]]

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

{Jimi}

"Wow, I don't think these people like me very much" Jimi thought to himself. He had tried being nice, and in his opinion social, but it didn't seem to work. Oh well...maybe they would learn to like him eventually. He walked away from the group. "Maybe I shouldn't have used my power on that dude, that probably freaked a few people out. It's not like I'm gonna' run up and steal their powers or anything though. Hell, I can barely control my abilities" A frown formed across his face. "God, I wish I was more like you Augustus," he thought to his dead cousin, "You had your power down to a science."

"Don't think like that" Augustus said to him
"Well you know it's true..."
"No, it's not...Hey! That girl over there, the one who could see you? She seems like an outsider too, you should go sit with her."
"Eh, good idea. Thanks"

Jimi made his way over to Sky and sat down with a smile. "Bored yet?" he asked her. Just as she was getting ready to respond and old man walked out and began speaking. He was dressed in a tight black t-shirt that outlined his scrawny stature and knee-length shorts that let his scabby legs show. The smile on his face was quite frightening...and yellow. His face almost looked like that of a skeleton with skin stretched across and two googly eyes placed in the sockets. The messy gray hair and thick british accent only added to the man's strange presence.

{Vincent Wolfgang}

"We're not so different...all of us..."
"It couldnt be worse"
"This didn't seem like a good thing"

The thoughts where flying into Vincent's head like cockroaches seeking shelter from light. "Ahh, this could get quite madenning if I don't learn to control it soon," Vincent thought to himself...barely. Thinking for himself was difficult while thinking as other people. He used all of his willpower to shrug off the other thoughts until he needed them again. "Now let's see what we have here"

He looked around. Everyone was still conversing...good. They didn't seem to notice that he was standing off to the side, it was the perfect time to make the phonecall. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket with his knobby hand and put it to his ear while dialing: 911. After a brief conversation he hung the phone up. Now it was finally time to make his entrance...and make use of Allegra's power.

"Ahem!" he coughed as he began walking forward into the crowd being sure to use Allegra's power while he could. The sense of being high came upon the crowd. "Hello! Hello! I'm proud to finally introduce myself in person. My name is Vincent Wolfgang and I am the one running things here. Now, I know I may have made a bad first impression but I hope that we can all come to be good friends," he said sarcastically with a smile that was filled with large yellow teeth. He hoped that the highness would make them less hostile, he didn't want to have to deal with anyone if he didn't have to. In his nervousness, he ran his hand through his messy grey hair. "Umm, where was I? Oh yes, time for a small test. I have just contacted the police station for this area about a drug deal that would be occuring in this very library. They said they would send men immediately...If I'm correct that will probably be within the next few minutes. I want to see all of you work together to prevent a catastrophe. Now I'll warn you...I wouldn't try to tell them that their aren't any drugs and to search the place. I'm sure plenty of you have things that should not be carried in public areas," he motioned to the gun and katanas. "And even if they don't find any drugs it'll be a strange coincidence to find a bunch of freaks like yourself in this library together. Try explaining that...Ooops, look at the time. Lets all scramble!" he laughed out. The looks on their faces where priceless.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taffy on Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Nori sat in a small cranny, his back against a faded wall, clasping an old library book. The paper was coated with layers of dust, and each page turn resulted in a swirling miniature dust cloud. Though his eyes darted left and right and his fingers deftly flipped the pages, his heart was not at all into the book.

Instead, he devoted nearly full attention to his ears -- or more specifically, what he was hearing. Ever since the mysterious announcement boomed through the halls of the derelict library, he had been attempting to pinpoint the exact location of the source. His tries were fruitless.

It was very queer, actually -- the mysterious voice seemed to have no source whatsoever. In fact, it seemed to come from everywhere. Perhaps the speaker was also a special person, or "mutant," as he had heard the others refer to themselves as.

Speaking of which, the others hadn't noticed him yet. It didn't offend him; in fact, it was typical of people to totally miss him. Nori was inconspicuous, uninteresting, and so utterly mundane that people's eyes tended to slide right over him. This suited him fine, as he rather disliked attention. Anyways, contrary to the others' beliefs, he had been one of the first ones to arrive. All the while, he had quietly listened to what each one of them said, making note of their various personalities, abilities, and even possible weaknesses.

Perhaps it was time to introduce himself. If they noticed him before he did that, they might become suspicious of him. He sighed and set the book down, causing little eddies of dust to rise up. Brushing cobwebs off his shorts, he gripped a nearby shelf and pulled himself up. As Nori looked up, though, his eyes caught a glimpse of an old man he had not heard before, standing off to the side, partially hidden in the dim light. The stranger's phone was in hand, his mouth curled in a sly smile.

Eyes narrowing, Nori zeroed in on the old man, just in time to hear the last couple of words, which included the phrases "old abandoned library" and "come quickly." Highly suspicious. Even more so that he happened to have the exact same voice as the mysterious voice from before.

The strange man suddenly stepped into the middle of the room and introduced himself, adding a few rather snide comments along the way. As he did so, Nori felt a sudden, strange sensation ripple over him. It was like nothing he had ever felt before -- it was a kind of happy feeling, but somehow slow and lethargic at the same time. His brow furrowed as he struggled to concentrate on the situation at hand. It was becoming very difficult to think straight. Disoriented, he stumbled out of the niche and into the open.
Last edited by Taffy on Sat May 23, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taffy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Fri May 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Isabel narrows her eyes as this Vincent Wolfgang fellow starts speaking. She looks over him critically, thinking him a gross little fiend. Then, the mood changes. She isn't quite sure why, but the world suddenly slides out of focus. A sort of haze comes over her, a smile creeping across her face. It's like tripping on acid or drinking too much cough medicine...almost like being in love. She tries to fight it, but can't, and, as Wolfgang's plan unfolds before her, she stands disoriented, powerless, conquered by emotions that came out of nowhere. She can't employ reason, can't employ her talents of manipulation for the strange happiness overcoming her. It's her own worst fear. When she should be looking for cover, she collapses into a ball, wraps her arms around herself, and screams.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sat May 23, 2009 8:38 am

An old man walked out of a corner. Ryan looked over to him. He made an annoucement. The he said he called the police. The police! They'll kill us all! He thought. His shadow began toflow into his palm. From by his sides, a few other people, as mad as he was, were involuntarily contibuting to the flow. THen, he become suddenly dissorientated. He lost control, and the shadows receded. He looked at his hands, then he covered his face. Someone screamed. Ryan began to laugh.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Sat May 23, 2009 2:44 pm

{Laurence}
As the old man said he'd called the cops Laurence had tried to transform and but was suddenly over come by an odd sensation. It was an odd foggy sort of feeling. He'd heard what was being said but suddenly didn't seem to care that much. He actualy felt rather relaxed. He smiled lazily and took fleurs hand kissing the back of it as his other hand started to play with the long strands of her hair.

{Fleur}
Fleur could feel the sudden foggy high come over them. It was odd and even though it gave her a flase sence of security she didn't like it. She knew y the way he was acting that it had taken it's toll on Laurence as well. Somehow she had to snap him out of it. If the cops were really on the way like this man said, someone needed to do something, but what could they really do?

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Sun May 24, 2009 10:31 pm

"Yeah. Psychic. You could say that," Roger smiled. Just then, he felt something in the vicinity. "Augh--what is...?"

Another mind-reader was closeby, someone with too many people's thoughts in his head, unable to shut them out. "Well, that's annoying," Roger muttered under his breath. "Kinda hurts..."

Amid the mess of thoughts, he couldn't discern the man's own intentions--which was bad, because, a second later, the old man revealed that he had called the police. "Shit," he said, "I've got sort of a bad rep with the cops..."

And the authorities were unlikely to buy the whole 'reformed sinner' act from him.

He took a while deciding on a plan of action, as his head was inexplicably in the clouds for several minutes. "Hey Allegra, think we should find some cover?" he suggested after several moments. "Come on, let's head this way..." He tentatively took her hand and started leading her towards the back of the library, looking for a decent place to wait out the police raid.

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!