Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm

The doors swung open and a new girl walked in. She was carrying a rifle and a pistol. That is strange, but I guess compared to us so far that's normal... I wonder what her power is. Ryan thought to himself. He looked at the Imp.

"What do you think? What's her power?" He asked it. He knew that other people couldn't see the Imp, but after years of it being the only thing to talk to, it didn't feel strange, even if it did look as if he was talking to the floor. Ryan started to feel a little more claustraphobic, so he backed away from the group a little more.
Run Rudy Run...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Fri May 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Allegra quietly slipped through the door after a girl with a gun made a much grander entry. Is this the place? she wondered. The letter she'd received told her to come here.

Someone she knew had received an identical letter. As Allegra wandered through the crowd, she fumbled with her phone and texted her companion. I'm here. Where R U?

Looking 4 escape route, replied her acquaintance. Get out while U still can.

What is she talking about? Allegra asked herself. In her random wandering, she hadn't even noticed that she'd walked right into the densest part of the crowd, and bumped right into one of the people. "Sorry," she sputtered, "I didn't see you there." She looked up into the woman's face, gasping at her outrageous makeup, and wondered how she could have not seen her there. "I'll try and watch where I'm going," she added.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Isabel fumes as a new arrival, a pudgy girl with a cellphone, walks right into her. She's about to shout, Watch where you're going, you blimp! but decides against it. Before she says anything to the girl, she should at least get a first impression, size her up.

Pardon the pun.

The new girl, shorter than Isabel, with a shocked expression on her face, didn't look imposing. She kept apologizing--that was no good. It meant she had no confidence, not a good quality in an ally.

But there was something about her, something that might have just been Isabel's critical perception: the girl had this pathetic, stepped-on quality that might make people feel sympathy for her. She probably got made fun of in the outside world, but most mutants couldn't afford to hurt each other, as their number was so few and the human vermin were already hostile enough. It wouldn't do to make this girl a sadism-outlet, so Isabel just filed her into the 'neutral' section of her mind and would decide what to really think of her later.

"Ah, it's alright," she tells the girl, trying to seem amiable. "Welcome to the meeting. You haven't missed much--wait, actually, you kind of have, but it's probably better off that way."
Want to know more? Read the book to find out.

There's a strange man sitting on the sofa munchiwunching on lomticks of toast!

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 pm

"I'm fine im fine" He insisted. Never letting his eyes off Isabel. What an interesting power. She can control fear itself. Reaching into his cloak his pulled out a pair of gloves identical to his precious pair and secured them on, covering once again his 'tattoos'.

"No problem really" he told Isabel. "Infact i am sure that the best way to know was to experience it for myself."

"Now after that im sure that yall are wondering what i can do myself."

Pulling back his cloak on one side he produced one of his many trinkets. This particular item was a small ball make of solid iron with a little hook, made for a necklace to string through it. He set it upon the center of his palm.

"Watch closely." He said quietly.

With a small grunt, he hurled the ball into the air, high above himself. Keeping his eyes on Isabel, he held his hand out, palm up infront of him. As the ball rocketed down it landed squarely into his hand. One would notice though that it has changed. Where before there was only the ball, now it has seemed to sprout wings of its own accord. As the ryr looked closer it was not even sitting in his hand; it was floating just an inch above his palm.

"I can do anything I want with metal." He explained, making the new object flap around his head.

"I can shape it however i want." He went on to reiterate this by, without any physical contact, shaping ball into a ring.

Please enjoy a story of my own about pirates, dragons, and magic ->The Voyage: Grand Charlotte

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Fri May 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Reikka watches a girl with a cell phone bump into another strange looking girl with an interesting style of make up. The emberrassment of her entrance was beggining to let up as she began to walk twords the girl with make up. ~Looked like she was gonna kill that girl with the cell phone for a moment but she seems like a nice enough person...besides I really need to at leaste know one person here~ she thought as she strolled casually over to the two girls.

"Hi I am Reikka" she said extending her hand out to the girl in make-up. Close up she could tell that this girl might look like a fairly normal person without the make-up on. As she waited for a reply she tried to shift her shirt around to hide her guns so that she might not come forward as someone dangerous.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Reikka
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Fri May 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Isabel watches intently as Angis demonstrates his power. "Impressive," she says. Anything he wants, eh?

If he had a big enough piece of metal, he could shape it into a tip sharp enough to pierce a heart. He could send even this small ball of iron flying into someone's brain at 460 miles per second.

Even if he wouldn't, Isabel still made it her business to think of these things. After all, that's how she would utilize that power, if she could do it. Matter manipulation had always fascinated her.

Isabel turns her head to the source of another voice--another girl has approached, the one with the gun. Reikka, she said her name was. "Hi Reikka, I'm Isabel," she replies, shaking Reikka's hand. "And you don't need to hide that, by the way. It made for a cool entrance. I like your style."

It's generally a good idea to try to make friends with the people who have the weapons.

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Fri May 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Reikka smiled as the girl with the make-up ~Good now I am getting somewhere~ she turned to the man who had just done frankly the most amazing thing she had ever seen done with metal. "Wow that was amazing!" she said adressing him as she looked him up and down "I sure wish I could do that..." she added. Realizing slowly that everyone around her was problly much stronger than she was she began to wonder for the first time why they where all here...why she was here. the letter had been quite a suprise beings that she hadent gotten mail since a bomb from her friendly neibour hood asassin. Good thing she was in the bomd squad for a mounth in the police acadamy other wise she would be toast. Realising how far her thoughts had drifted she looked back at the girl who had the make up on "W-what is it you can do?"

Reikka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Fri May 15, 2009 11:07 pm

The girl with the strange make up was talking to the girl with a gun. The man who just had a seizure was showing some sort of trick. Ryan felt he was the only person not making any allies. Alone again. Ryan felt that it was time for a change, but he couldn't just walk into the group, could he? He pushed up his glasses and stuck his hands in his pockets. He never understood just how to make friends. He walked over to the outer edge of the group. He made sure he was a good distance away from the girl who could controll fear, though, he didn't like the looks of her. A new girl was in the group, too. "Um, hey guys..." Ryan said. It took most of his will power just to say that one thing.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Fri May 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Watch where you're going, you blimp!

Roger hears the clown-girl's thoughts so clearly, it takes him a second to realize that she hadn't said them aloud. He wasn't trying to invade her privacy, she was just practically screaming in her head.

He hates to see the overweight girl discriminated against because of her looks, even if it was only in thought. Shouldn't mutants have evolved past such things? Wasn't their community small enough already without internal divisions?

He doesn't interrupt the group's conversation, but he decides he'll approach cellphone-girl as soon as she's away from the crowd, show her some sympathy and keep anyone from picking on her. After all, the underdogs have to stick together...

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 am

[[I love the speed of which this is progressing, But ill have to post later]]

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Sat May 16, 2009 2:48 pm

At first the girl (Isabel, did she say her name was?) seemed pretty angry at Allegra for bumping into her, but she quickly calmed down, much to Allegra's relief. "Alright...great, I guess," she said as her apologies were accepted.

She pocketed her phone and watched as a guy made wings on a little metal ball. "Whoa. Cool," she breathed.

Looking nervously from side to side, she asked no one in particular, "Does anyone know why we're here?" She would have asked why someone would want to find an escape route, but she was a little afraid to know the answer. Better to just go with the flow for now.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Sat May 16, 2009 4:06 pm

{Laurence}
"According to the man who brought us all here, we are trying to bring down some sort of government opperation." Laurence said spotting an old ash tray on the librarians deck near by. He let go of Fleur and walked over to it keeping the group in the corner of his eye as he did so. As cool as Angis's display of power had just been he wasn't quite sure he trusted any of them yet. He put out his cigarette in the ash tray and almost took another out but thought better of it. 'I'll probably be wishing I had these later' he thought with as sigh as he walked back over.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Ryan listened intently on the conversation. He wanted to know why they were here just as much as they did. Some one said something about a government thing. Is that what we are here for, to be used, like weapons? Maybe they'll gas the room and kill us... Ryan's thought were grim, but he didn't know any other way to think. He began to wish he had never come here. It had been just one problem to another, and it seemed to be getting worse as time rolled by.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Isabel smirks as Reikka asks her about her power. "I can force people to experience their worst terrors," she explains, without demonstrating this time, not wanting to be the cause of another disaster. It's good to leave some mischief for everyone else to commit sometimes.

Besides, she's taken a liking to Reikka already--the girl seems nonthreatening, but not weak. Nervous, but not too nervous. And, with her memorable entrance and the curiosity that her questions suggested, she's sure to be a source of intrigue when things get too boring.

"So, what's your power?" Isabel asks Reikka. "Do you have superhuman shooting point accuracy or something?"

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sun May 17, 2009 10:20 am

((This post is not at Jimi))

"Everyone seems to be taking it pretty well...that's good. They're talking, socializing, creating bonds...alliances..just as I had hoped. They have a good array of powers, I can feel it," Vincent thought to himself. He raised his pale wrinkled hand and pointed it towards a metal stapler, "time to try Agnis' power out," with a flick of his wrist the stapler went flying into the air. "Ahhhh, interesting....I'm looking forward to trying out more later." All of a sudden Vincent began hearing things, but not voices. They where...they where thoughts. "Apparently someone in here can mind read," Vincent said with a chuckle. This would come in handy. Hopefully soon he could introduce himself in person to these extraordinary beings. Then he would finally be able to debrief them on their mission.
Last edited by Zawtz on Sun May 17, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InflatedHead on Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm

"Government operation?" Allegra repeated. "Sounds...interesting." What she really meant was, slightly terrifying. She didn't know what she's gotten herself into. This didn't seem like a good thing.

"Why would the government want to eliminate mutants, anyway?" she asked, but didn't stick around to hear an answer. It was more a question to herself.

She decided to just move away from the crowded area, not noticing the other man hanging quietly by the wall...

[[Lulz, Fior, do I sense a crack pairing?]]
Last edited by InflatedHead on Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InflatedHead
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Sky looked at everyone, she hadn't really made any alliances. Not that she needed any, she could take care of herself. She didn't like that she had to stay in the library but if she did leave what was going to happen? She shrugged and walked over to a corner away from the crowd. She sat at the corner her back against the wall and her swords in her lap. She lowered her head, resting her chin on her chest and closed her eyes.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reikka on Sun May 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Reikka giggle's a little at the girl with make-up "Haha oh do I wish I had superhuman accuracy but I tend not to need to much accuracy" Reikka explains as she moves her rifle to he front she figured she would attempt to show her rather than explain her power. She raises her hand closes it and opens it with a strangely shaped bullet."Seems pretty boring huh?" Reikka continues to load her bullet into her rifle. "However its probably better that I don't show you the rest in here or anywhere.... its a bit out of my control hehe..." she continues smiling at the girl with make-up.

Reikka
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby petali dogni fior on Sun May 17, 2009 11:01 pm

The balance of thoughts in the room shifted slightly. Roger could tell that someone else was picking up on his presence and his talent. He barely paused to try and decipher the person or entity's thoughts, though. The girl he'd had his eye on had moved away from the crowd. Now, he had his chance.

He moved towards her, wondering what her name was. He could just pull it right out of her head...but he was a little afraid to just start probing her. He didn't want to know what she thought of his first impression.

He could ask her the old fashioned way, but that was just too tedious.

Finally, he decided to get it from the minds of whoever she'd just been texting. It was Allegra. He sneaked up on her quietly, tapping her on the shoulder from behind. "Hello there," he whispered.

((You might, you never know...))

petali dogni fior
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mindscrew Min-Min on Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Isabel keeps her eyes on Reikka's hand, watching closely as she closes it and opens it back up with a bullet. "You can conjure ammunition? Cool, that's got to come in handy," she says. "I don't think it's boring."

"However its probably better that I don't show you the rest in here or anywhere.... its a bit out of my control hehe..." Reikka says.

"I know what that's like," replies Isabel, dropping her voice. "Just before you arrived, I kind of...almost gave Angis a seizure."

Mindscrew Min-Min
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!