Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sat May 09, 2009 5:58 am

The large library seems almost cathedral-like. The ceiling stretches up about sixty feet from the ground and makes a large dome. Early-morning light filters in through the old dusty windows..this place has been abandoned for a while.

You can see others wandering around through the rows of books....they are the first arrivals. They are special like you. Now is the time to meet them. Now is the time to find comfort. Now is the time to begin!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Abilities: The Meeting (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deadlydisaster on Sat May 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Lorelei walked inside of the giant library and carefully set her expression so she didn't look as nervous as she felt. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly standing toward the back of the library and looking up at the windows, the light made beautiful shadows all over the large building. She longed to play with them, but decided against it due to the other people around. She hoped someone would break the thick ice soon. She could just feel the nerves around her. It made her stomach turn and she wondered if she looked even more pale than usual. It will be okay, it will be okay, she thought to herself as the room seemed to spin. She had never felt this nervous in her life and did not understand why she was having such an issue. They are all just like me she thought as she lifted a dusty volume from the shelves and began to read.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

deadlydisaster
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Sat May 09, 2009 3:49 pm

{Laurence}
Laurence walked aprehensivly up the steps to the large abandon building. He had fleur's hand safely in his own as he guided her to the meeting that could either be a disaster or a complete releif. He didn't like not knowing what he was walking into. What he wouldn't give to be back in the safe hotel room they'd spent the night in last night, curled up at fleurs side as his wolf form. He felt so much safer there, hidden away from the world. Here at this library they were to in the open. To many people could see them. He looked back at fleur. Her long black hair was laying gently on her shoulders and the slight breeze had blown some of it into her face. She was follwing him with total confidence. How she could be so sure of their situation he had no idea. They got up to the top of the steps and he looked around. The double doors stood slightly open and he could hear the soft rustle of footsteps inside. The others must already be there.

{Fleur}
Fleur felt them stop. She could feel Laurence's hand shaking beneith her own. "Laurence." She said softly moving closer to him. "Laurence why did we stop?" She knew he was nervous about this. She'd begged him last night to please go with her. Laurence was not one to trust people ands walking into a library of people with special, and potentialy dangerous abilities was not his idea of a good one. She squeezed his hand tighter in hers.

{Laurence}
Laurence smiled as he felt her hand tighten on his. "No real reason Fleur." He said gently. "I just, i'm not so sure this is such a great idea." He took her arm in his and led them through the door. People were wandering between the book cases eyeing each other quetly. Laurence wasn't quite sure what they were waiting for. "Well Fleur we are here." He told her in almost a whisper. He knew she'd hear him though. He led them over to an empty couch that was covered in dust. The dust rose gently as her guided Fleur into the seat before sitting down next to her himself.

{Fleur}
Fleur imediatly searched for Laurence's hand as he sat down next to her. Now that they were inside she felt slightly uneasy about the situation. Death was in this place she could feel it. Around them were a few dead, no doubt floating between the newcomers whom she couldn't see.
Last edited by pixsidust2 on Sat May 09, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat May 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Halo walked in and looked around, she wasn't scared, but she wasn't exactly happy to be here. She got a secret letter in her mail saying to meet here, that there would be people like her here, so far all she saw was a nervous girl and a blind woman with a man sitting next to her. She sighed as she walked through the isles, her black hair flowing behind her. "I wonder whats in this library"
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby awesomeskaterdude on Sat May 09, 2009 4:26 pm

((Hey this looks like fun. Mind if i join?))

Please enjoy a story of my own about pirates, dragons, and magic ->The Voyage: Grand Charlotte

awesomeskaterdude
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xxthe<3dawnxX on Sat May 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Yatami walked up the steps to the old library to find a book so she could read silently and alone she was used to the library being emty on the counting of computers and such but today it was abnormaly getting crowded she walked in and the librarian spoke to her, "Well, Well, Well, What do we have here? My favorite coustomer Yatami. I didnt think you'd be here today since its kinda crowded today, Anyway get what you like," Yatami didnt say a word to the librarian and looked around for a deacent long book because if its gunna be like this everyday she should have to come back for a while... she walked through the iles of books and saw a man eyeing the other people she slowly walked past him being cautious she couldnt trust anyone anymore...
heehee poke!

Xxthe<3dawnxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:47 pm

{Laurence}
Laurence looked around the Library trying his best not to look nervous to those aroud him but keeping a tight hold on Fleurs hand anyway. More people were starting to show up and he wondered who would be first to take the initiative to start the meating. Someone had to have organized this and it could be anyone of these people.

{Fleur}
"Calm yourself Laurence." Fleur whispered quietly. "If you keep that up I'm going to loose feeling in my hand." He had been slowly tightening is grip on her. He had a tendency to do that when he was nervous, which he usualy was when not tansformed into some sort of animal.

{Laurence}
Laurence imediatly relaxed his grip on her. "I'm sorry." He said quickly letting his eyes stray to her face. Her once beautiful blue eyes, now milky white were staring blankly ahead but her face was turned to his and she had an almost amused smile on her face. If she was afraid she wasn't showing it. "How can you be so confident that this is a good idea?" He asked brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

{Fleur}
Fleur smiled at him and took his other hand in her own as he moved the hair from her face. "I'm not. I have simply chosen to believe that we must be here." She said thoughtfully. "Don't forget Laurence that most of them will be just as lost and alone as we are. I know I am safe with you, and that is all I need to know that this is right."

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sat May 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Ryan walked through the old library. He stared at the old tomes but paid little attention to them. He hugging himself as if chilled, though there was no breeze in the old dome. He eyes darted around nervously.

"I just had a feeling, ya know? Like I should come here, like I'd learn something." He spoke through dry lips. The little Imp looked up at him, byt his expression was blank, as it always was.

"What do you think? What is your feeling?." He walked over to a corner, and sat opn the floor. A man walked over to him, and put his hand on Ryan's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" The man asked. Ryan quickly brushed of his hand, but it was too late. A small bird like thing had already appeared, visible only to Ryan.

"Freaks, just like him, just like you. They should be killed, all of them, they just put people in danger." It told Ryan in a shrill voice.

"Please don't, I can't stand your words, not now! Please leave!" Ryan yelled as he rise to his to his and ran.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sat May 09, 2009 9:04 pm

James was walking through the isles of book when he heard a commotion. As he turned the corner he saw a strange looking young man with brown and black hair who was yelling frustrately at another man. Something appeared...off...about the strange looking guy. All of a sudden he started to dart off in James' direction.

"Hey! Hey?! What the hell is wrong?" he said as he stopped the strange guy from running. The guy did'nt make eye contact with him. "Hey, why aren't you looking at me? Tell me whats wrong!"

A crowd was starting to form around the two of them. The people probably thought that something was finally happening. Damnit. James didn't want to create a commotion, he just wanted to know what was wrong with this guy....He also wanted a taste of his power, just a taste. Not enough to hurt him. He just had to feel what this guy could do for a second. Although he felt slightly guilty about it he outstretched his hand and said, "Comeon man, lets be friends. Shake?"

The crowd stared

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sat May 09, 2009 10:21 pm

"Please, don't touch me!" Yelled Ryan looking at the man. He backed away. Glancing to his sides, he noticed the crowd.

"Please leave.This always happens! Why does this always happen! Leave me alone!" He said. His mood was shifting from panic to anger, angery at the people for always staring, for crowding around him.

"They would hurt you, if they knew! Make sure they know that your not crazy!" The little Imp hissed threw his grin. He little red eyes glew fiercely. Ryan stared at the Imp, but to everyelse he looked like he was staring at the ground.

"They wouldn't hurt me, would they?" He asked, calming a little.

"Yes! Yes! It is in all their thoughts!" Of course the Imp could not actually read their thoughts and was bluffing, but often he did such things to push Ryan along.

"No, they wouldn't! But what if they would?" The group began to stare at Ryan strangly, as if he were crazy. Ryan was beginning to anger again, a rage against those who he believed would hurt him. His shadow was slowing dissapearing and being moved into his hand, and one by one his strands of hair were turning darker and darker.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat May 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Halo noticed the screaming man and peeked out from behind the bookshelf. "What the hell is he doing?!" she asked herself, from the looks of it this wasn't the best situation. She quickly weaved through the crowd and grabbed the man by his collar and dragged him away so no one could see him. "Hey, are you ok...looked like you were in a real bind out there, did you make them mad or something?" she stood over him looking at him, he didn't seemed harmed so she guessed she got there just in time. "Be careful ok?" She smiled and turned to walk away.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 pm

James rapidly followed the girl who was leading the wierd guy away. "Hey guys, I didn't mean any trouble. I really am just confused as hell. Sorry if I yelled. The name is James but you can call me Jimi. What are your names?" He felt bad that he had scared this poor guy...it was obvious that something was wrong with him. But who was James to judge? He had done his fair share of wierd things.

"You know they're not judging you as much as you may think man. We're all in this together, you can feel comfortable around us. We are like you. For God's sake, I can leave my body whenever I want to. What do both of you do?" he questioned the guy and the girl. He was sure not to tell them about his birth ability.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Halo looked up at the guy who just recognized himself as james. "Oh hey, Halo, you can call me...halo". She nodded with a smile. "My power isn't much it's as cool as yours" being able to leave your body, oh god she would have had fun with that. She then looked down at the guy. "Yea, maybe they weren't judging you"

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sun May 10, 2009 12:57 am

Sky walked into the library. She wasn't nervous or excited, but rather curious but she didn't show it. Her facial expression was emotionless. She looked at the old books then at the others. She didn't like being near alot of people but she walked to a chair that was farthest from the group and sat down. Her eyes seem to shift from person to person and they way she looked at them it seems like she was studying their weak points. She crossed her arms and lowered her head and closed her eyes, she had nothing to say to anybody and she didn't want to say anything to anyone.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixsidust2 on Sun May 10, 2009 2:15 am

{Fleur}
"Larence, whats going on?" Fleur said nervously, gestering in the direction of a comotion that she could hear but not see. It made her uneasy not to be able to see things. From the sounds of things at least one person was yelling. "Laurence has the meeting started?"

{Laurence}
he looked over at the crowd forming around the two men. He wasn't quite sure what was going on but from the looks of things someones powers were not quite under control. "I hoestly don't know Fleur." He said biting his lip and pulling out a cigarette and his lighter. He lit it nervously taking a big puff from it. "Do you want me to go check it out?" He asked thinking about heading over as something small like a mouse and just listening to what they were saying, that way he and Fleur could go unnoticed untill he was sure of the sitiuation.

{Fleur}
"No Laurence" she said calmly getting up. "Lets both go. I think it's time to meet some of them." She held her hand out waiting for him to lead her over. If need be she should could proably find her way. Whatever the commotion was it had attracted the attention of the few dead in the building. She could easily guide her way over to them, but it was more than likley she'd run into a few bookshelves along the way and she knew Laurence wouldn't allow that. Weather he pretended they were just friends or not she knew he loved her and would do anything she asked.

{Laurence}
Laurence sighed and got up next to her. He took her arm in his and led her over to the group still smoking his cigarette and eyeing the people in it. "I don't like this." He told her softly and he watched a smile spread across her face. He worked their way to the front of the group so that they could hear what those in the middle were saying.
Last edited by pixsidust2 on Sun May 10, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

pixsidust2
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinra114 on Sun May 10, 2009 7:15 am

Parker mindlessly looked over at the group of people forming around two guys that where in some kind of fight but didn't want to gt involved until he heard one of them scream and he was tempted to turn his sound right off. Instead he just listened closely so he could get what was going on. when a third guy came up James apparently he tried calming the screamer down. Then he asked for everyone to introduce themselves. Parker thought about it when some girl, Halo decided to be the first to come out with it and here was some murmuring among the crowd. Since no one could decide who would be next Parker stepped forward slowly quieting everyone else moving his hand in the air like he was turning a diel.
"Hey James my names Parker" Parker said putting out a hand.

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you were one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

shinra114
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Sun May 10, 2009 9:57 am

The girl dragged Ryan by his colar, so lucky for Ryan a demon didn't appear. The dragging was also enough to make lose control on his shadow and it slipped back into place. A smaller group was forming around Ryan, but it didn't appear so hostile this time. He looked at his little companion.

"They didn't hurt me, so you were wrong again." He said to the Imp. It simply looked away, sad that the oppurtunity ahad slipped away. "Halo... I like that name, it makes me feel so much safer..." He said to it again. Ryan looked toward the group. "My name's Ryan... My power is... uh... just don't touch me, please?"

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zawtz on Sun May 10, 2009 1:26 pm

"Pleasure to meet you Parker" said James as he took Parker's hand and gave it a firm handshake. It was nice to finally meet someone friendly. In the two seconds they shook hands James thought about snatching the power..but didn't actually consider it. He could feel what it was though..or the jist of it. This Parker fellow could manipulate sounds...interesting. "Thanks for making things quieter, my head was starting to hurt". He released his grip without using his energy transfer. Best if people didn't know about that one.

Now that this Parker guy, who appeared to be the most normal one besides himself, had made everyone else quiet James took the opportunity to speak up. He could feel butterflies in his stomach as he nervously said, "Hey everyone...ummm...my name is James." He was starting to feel stupid. "But...you all can call me Jimi, I'd prefer it. Uhhhh... Do any of you know what we're suppose to be doing here? I don't see anyone who seems to be running things...so I guess some of us should start deciding what we should do. Any ideas?" Jimi crossed his fingers behind his back.

Zawtz
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Halo saw Jimi shake the other gus hand. "So your name is paker huh?". she smiled slightly. She noticedthat the room got quiet, a little to easily. She looked back at parker and then to Jimi who had started to speak to the entier group of people. She decided to join him. "I'm Halo" she felt a small blush spread across her face as she looked around at everybody, she scooted back behind Jimi so she wasn't in full view .

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinra114 on Sun May 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Parker looked from Jimi to Halo and listened to Jimi talk to the whole crowd. As he waited for to hear and answer from anyone he remembered he hadn't give anyone their voices back. He brought his hand up a little and moved it around and sound began to return to the building. "Now to answer your question for myself I'm pretty sure we are all wondering the same thing Jimi" Parker said stowing his hands in his pockets.

shinra114
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!