Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Royal Court

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Royal Court

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Kania nodded, now obedient and soft-spoken, so different from her loud, humerous behavior just before. "Yes, your Majesty," she murmured, pushing her hair back from her face. She sunk deeper into her little corner of misery in her mind as the people around them began to make disgusted noises and whispered dirty rumors about her. The feelings about Gypsies were negative ones and she should have learned how to steel herself from them but...it was rather hard still.

Eleanor glared hatefully at Elizabeth. How she despised that ugly little wretch. And too see her on the arm of HER Edward, send bubbles of fury alit in her stomach. She tore her gaze away from the stupid girl and back towards the wealthy woman still speaking to her. She forced a smile and nodded.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Elizabeth's face felt hot when she noticed Eleanor glaring at her. Between the gossip about Kania and the gossip about Elizabeth, the room was abuzz with whispers. Elizabeth looked back at Kania, finally feeling her pain. Elizabeth had never noticed how much people hated Kania just because of her Gypsy past.

Edward took Elizabeth up to a group of people and introduced her to them, she politely curtseyed, but then turned to Edward. "I think it might be best to not make quite a scene," she suggested to Edward, feeling slightly embarrassed over the commotion she had created. "Edward, go be with your wife," she suggested, which was a mistake. Edward looked angry at Elizabeth's suggestion. He pulled away from Elizabeth's embrace and walked towards the queen. He greeted her with a smile.

Elizabeth tried to hide the pain she felt, "Kania, I'm so sorry," she said, "I had no idea how cruel people can be..."
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:06 pm

"That because one doesn't see...unless they look close enough," Kania whispered before she bowed gently. "Where does Miss Elizabeth want to go?" she asked, her voice monotone, as was her behavior when around the Court and other royals. She kept her gaze on the floor, not looking up at Elizabeth.

Eleanor didn't smile back. She wrinkled her nose in distaste. "You haven't gotten rid of the Gyspie yet? Shouldn't she be rolling around in the dirt with the animals and her unlucky husband." If Kania had been right next to her, the subject of a husband would've hurt her dearly, for everyone knew that she wasn't going to be able to marry.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:13 pm

"I need to stay, Edward would be displeased to see me leave. Between the two of us, I need to get as many people on my side as I can..." Elizabeth admitted, laying a hand on her stomach. "Kania, please, I know we've never been friends or even very civil towards each other, but I need someone to be there for me over the next few months..."

"You know her mother raised me, I can't throw her out and leave her on her own," Edward said, defending Kania, "Where are you manners?"

(Short post... boo! We can do some time lapse and just have some major fight between them all... Drama filled.)

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:18 pm

((Yay! Major Fight!!))

Kania sighed reluctantly, her hands on her hips, her weight tilted to one side. "Fine. Just because you asked nicely. And the fact that I hate that stupid woman," she said, adding the last part in a whisper as she looked directly at the Queen.

Eleanor scoffed. "She's an urchin. Look at her. She belongs in...in...a pig pen for all she's worth." She raised an eyebrow slightly when asked where her manners were. "Oh, they went right out the window the day you brought...her here," she scoffed, now talking about Elizabeth.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Elizabeth couldn't help but giggle slightly, "Thank you," she added, beginning to walk around the room. Making small talk with various people. Elizabeth was charming, that was true. She had always been known to as a friendly and warm girl, which had helped her in the long run and would hopefully continue to help her as she tried to help Edward get his marriaged annulled.

Edward looked at Eleanor, "That subject is not to be spoken of here," he pointed out. "We can discuss this later," he said in a stern fashion.

(And later it would be discussed.... and time change! We'll say it's been... a month?)

Tensions have been high recently. Elizabeth is now living in her own chamber in the castle, Kania had been her companion since then. Now a little more than three months pregnant, Elizabeth's stomach is growing but so is the stress level around the castle. Poor Kania has been through it all. Eleanor has been relentless towards Elizabeth and Edward has been caught in the middle, at times taking his frustrations out by yelling at Elizabeth and Kania.

Elizabeth currently sat at her desk, writing a letter to her father. Her hair was loosely hanging down her back and she dressed in a brilliant green dress. She finished the letter, reading it over again. Oh how she missed home. Elizabeth sighed, trying to let out some of her stress. Over the last month, Elizabeth constantly felt pressure on her and it showed on her face. She appeared tired and worn out.
Edward currently sat at a table, surrounded by records, trying to find a loophole in his and Eleanor's marriage.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 pm

((M'kay!))

Eleanor was currently away on a trip, visiting relatives at a different kingdom. So far she'd sent a letter nearly every day and they arrived at the bundle-full to Edward, saying how much she loved him and would try harder to bear him a child and yadda, yadda, yadda, etc, etc.

Kania sat on the floor, across the room from Elizabeth. Her hair had grown, sweeping nearl her knees. Currently it was pinned up in a bun. A messy, curly bun. Her family didn't believe in the cutting of hair. She was quiet tonight, having just been through the yelling of her life, administed by Edward. Her eyes were dry yet just a bit puffy from when she'd been crying. She hadn't told Elizabeth that Edward had come close to hitting her.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Elizabeth looked up from the letter, "Kania, where do you think we'll be in a year?" She asked, not yet noticing how upset Kania looked. Elizabeth turned around, "Kania, my dear, what happened?" She asked, noticing her swollen eyes, a common side effect of crying. Deep in her heart, Elizabeth knew what had happened. Edward had lost his temper again, something that seemed to be more and more frequent.

At that very moment, it seemed as if on que, Edward slammed his fist on the table, after reading one of Eleanor's many letters. Eleanor promised she would give him a child, but could that promise really be kept? Why wasn't she here, trying to give him a child? She was far too busy visiting relatives. Did Eleanor really care about producing a child for Edward? At that moment, Edward left the table and made his way towards Elizabeth's chamber... (But he won't arrive just yet...)

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:53 pm

"N-Nothing, Miss Elizabeth," Kania spoke, her voice breaking and soft. "Nothing important anyway. Don't worry about it." She forced a smile onto her lips and stood, patting out her plain, old, dim red dress. She breathed deeply. "I'm perfectly fine." This past month with Elizabeth had made her more...nice...more accepting of the girl that she had use to hate.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:03 am

"It was Edward, wasn't it? Oh, he's been just dreadful with his temper, hasn't he?" Elizabeth said. Recently, Kania had been a great friend to talk to. Elizabeth felt as if she could mention anything and Kania would understand.

"Elizabeth?!" Edward said, knocking on her door.

"It's alright," Elizabeth responded as Edward let himself into the room.

"Kania, will you please excuse us, we need to talk," Edward said.

"Anything you can say to me you can say in front of her," Elizabeth protested, not wanting Kania to leave her alone with Edward.

Edward looked annoyed at Elizabeth's stubborness, but he allowed Kania to stay. "The marriage can't be void, it just can't be done. There are no reasons to make it so..." He admitted.

Elizabeth, who had been standing early when speaking to Kania, sat back down, a sudden wave of emotions came over her. "There /has/ to be a way," she said back, "I am having this child, your child, your only child. Without your marriage being void, this child is illegitimate."

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:10 am

Kania glared hard at Edward. "You just aren't looking hard enough!" she scowled. She sighed. "Never trust a man to do anything." She looked at Elizabeth. "Ever." Saying what she needed to say she left the chambers, her temper flared dangerously.

((The power just flickered, so my posts are gonna be a little short since I don't want the power to cut off right in the middle of a long post))

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 am

(Oh my gosh... that's terrible! But that's cool! Totally understand! Losing power stinks!)

Elizabeth couldn't help but break into tears. "Edward, why do you do this to me?" She asked him. "I gave you everything and what have you given me? A room?!"

Edward's eyes seemed to light up with fire, "You've given me everything? You've taken away everything I had! Every hope I had for a happy marriage."

At that point Elizabeth couldn't control herself, "A happy marriage? Is that what you called that? If you can't give me anything, then I will give you nothing," she screamed and exited the room, following Kania. Her heart beat so hard it seemed it would break out of her chest. Tears were streaming down her face. She walked quickly down the hallway before suddenly stopping and yelling out in pain, grabbing her stomach before falling to the ground in pain.

(Dum dum dum! Drama!)

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:22 am

Kania turned around. "Elizabeth!" She ran over, her bun coming undone, so that her hair flew out behind her. She kneeled beside her. "Miss Elizabeth! Lizzy! Lizzy, what's wrong?" she said, nearly shaking her friend, but refrained from doing so since she was in pain. She sat down on her knees, Elizabeth's head on her lap. "Lizzy, Lizzy what's wrong?"

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:26 am

Edward heard the panic outside and his heart sunk when he saw Elizabeth collapsed on the ground. He rushed over to Kania and Elizabeth, "We need to get her to bed," he said, scooping Elizabeth up and laying her on the bed. "Kania, will you please rush and fetch the doctor?" He asked, knowing that the doctor was always kept in the castle at all times. Elizabeth felt so weak, the pain was rushing through her body.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 am

Kania nodded and took off, as fast as ever. Faster, than the urchin boys who ran the streets morning, noon, and night. As soon as she had left she was back with the doctor. Panting softly she collasped on the ground, breathing heavily as she tried to rest. She looked up at Edward then at Elizabeth.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am

Elizabeth's face turned rather pale and lost all of the color. The doctor hurried in, "Please excuse me Your Majesty, but I need space."

Edward nodded and left the room, motioning for Kania to follow. "Thank you," he said to her, "For getting him." Edward was so hard to judge. One minute he was kind and the next he was a tyrant. "I've acted so poorly as of late and I'm sorry for that..." He admitted to Kania.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:45 am

Kania's face was expressionless, proving that she was rather ticked off a him still. "Whatever...Your Majesty," she added, turning on her heel and walking off. Tears formed in her eyes and she took a deep breath, trying to dispell them.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 am

(Kania doesnt' take crap! I love it!)

Edward was left alone. He had successfully gotten rid of everyone he once cared for. Not even his wife was here. Had he driven her off too? It seemed to be an hour before the doctor came out of the room, "Your Majesty," he said, "I'm afraid she's lost the child..." Edward's heart dropped.

(We can do some time lapsing if you would like. Like a few days...)
Last edited by bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:54 am

((Okay. 6 days, preferably.))

Kania hadn't spoken a word to her King in nearly a weeks time. Since the death of Elizabeth's unborn child, she herself had seperated herself from the grieving mother and anyone else. To say that Queen Eleanor was happy was an understatement. She was positively ecstatic, especially since, 3 days after Elizabeth lost her child, she announced that she, Queen Eleanor, was pregnant and the fortune tellers had fortold it to be a boy.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 am

(Alright, six days it is! Any reason in particular? Haha... A fun number? And good twist! No, brilliant twist.)

Elizabeth had not left her room since she had lost her child. She seemed to be in a state of grief. Her future was so uncertain now. What was to become of her? And then Queen Eleanor announced she was expecting a child. Edward had not been to see Elizabeth since it happened either. He was far too busy celebrating to announcement of a legitimate heir, a possible male heir. But Elizabeth decided that today would be the day that she would leave the room. Elizabeth stood in her room, preparing herself. Her hair was up in a tight bun and she made a statement in a ruby red dress accompanied by a large necklace which had been given to her by Edward. She was going to show everyone that she wasn't going to be discarded. Elizabeth stepped out of the room, holding her head up high despite the stares and whispers.

bigaleeboo
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!