Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seneca College[IC]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Seneca College[IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Seneca Collge

*Note that this is in the middle of the school year. c:
OOC

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seneca College[IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Eliza yawned and turned over to her alarm clock. 6:13. She was late to get up early! This always happened after springbreak! She threw her legs over the bed and rushed over to her closet. She grabbed a green tee and a pair of denim shorts and threw them on. She slipped on her sandals and checked herself in the mirror. Hair! Makeup! She quickly brushed through her hair and satisfied put on her pink lemonade lip gloss. Eliza ran out the door and was halfway to the library when she realized she had forgotten her books.
"Mother of a purple pirate!" She shouted rushing back to her dorm. She grabbed her books then headed out again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Penn sighed a little bit as she pulled herself out of the mess of a closet she had. She hated holiday breaks, they were just awful things, she always came back with new clothes. New clothes for Penn meant that she had to reorganize everything, that wasn't something Penn looked forward to. Deciding that she would just do it later Penn crawled out of her closet, already dressed for the day in a fluttery purple dress, pulling a pair of gray converse on over her star socked feet Penn shut her closet door and grabbed her grey messenger bag on her wait out the door. Penn had plans to get into the auditorium and practice a bit on the grand piano after breakfast, and if she was going to do that she had to make it here early.

"I wonder if the lunch ladies have any of the banana muffins, maybe they won't have nuts in them." Penn said to herself aloud as she pulled her long black hair up away from her fair. Her bangs fell carelessly around her face framing it slightly. Looking at the clock on the wall as she passed it Penn hoped that Janko's were awake. Penn wasn't in the mood to get into any sort of trouble even a verbal argument. Personally she had nothing against the jankos as a whole, it was just the air headed ones that thought they were overly amazing she didn't like. Smiling widely, flashing a set of dentally fixed teeth, as she got into the cafeteria, thankfully no one was there Penn wasted no time in settling herself up with a blueberry muffin still fresh from the oven.

"Thank you very much!" Penn called to the lunch ladies who smiled and waved as she left. They were all nice women and Penn was a bit of a regular around the lunchroom. The girl loved her sweet snacks at odd hours. Not late hours, when they weren't open but odd hours. She didn't like to eat lunch when everyone was in there because she was claustrophobic, and she usually got her first meal early while her last meal was late. Humming to herself Penn nibbled on her muffin making her way towards the auditorium.
"If I can't annoy anyone there is little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis
ImageImageImageImageImage
My personality in a nutshell.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Home of the best rivalry between the nerds and the jocks. Rich and powerful nerds, and jocks who only got lucky. That was what a lot of people from Eric's dorm thought. He tried his best to understand what sparked this, even buried himself in the school's oldest records, but still nothing came up. Sweeping his mop of dirty blonde hair back up, he straightened out his hoodie, grabbed his messenger bag and a medium-sized green suitcase with his personal things in there, he set off downstairs where he expected his little Sophia to be, seated at the bottom step crying. You see, it was her that made him regret going off to Seneca; he couldn't bear to be away from her. But he had to, of course. It came with age that you couldn't always get what you wanted, and it got worse every year. Setting his suitcase on the floor next to the last step, he squatted down to her size and looked at the weeping child, lifting her chin up gently so he could see her pinkish face, cheeks wet with tears as she cried for her beloved older brother not to go back. The little girl, immediately seeing that it was Eric, threw her arms around his neck and gave him a hug, sobbing harder.

"Eric, please don't go," she said, holding onto him like any little girl would. Eric's expression softened as he held his little sister back, and then pulled away to look at her properly. He always managed a smile for the little girl, the dimples highlighting the happiness in his face as he looked at her with sparkling gray eyes.
"Now, remember what I told you, alright?" he said to her in a soft and gentle older brother tone as he gave her a small pinch on her left cheek. "Be a good girl, and do what Mom and Dad tells you to do, alright? I'll be back soon for the Christmas holidays."
"But that's in forever!" she said to him, her tears starting to fall again. He wiped away her tears with the handkerchief he pulled out of his pocket and put it back.
"Time will come flying faster than a jack rabbit saying hallaballoo. I promise." he said, lifting his pinkie up. "Pinkie swear."
The little girl sighed and stopped crying, lifted out her pinkie and linked it with his with a smile on her face. "Pinkie swear."
"Atta girl," he said, giving her a kiss before he got his things and got out the door, his ride awaiting as he was about to take that long train ride back to college again.

Before he knew it, there he was in his dorm room, four in the morning, after a long day of classes. He hated his schedule, alright, but what choice did he have? It was college. He had to study, didn't he. Taking his regular morning shower and getting dressed in something he'd just thrown out of the closet, he took his messenger bag (now filled with his books for class) and headed off to the cafeteria for some chow, and hopefully some company. But it was 5:30. Who'd ever be up this early? he thought to himself, but then again, he found the old bunch of lunch ladies back again.

"Good morning, Agnes, Maria, Eleanor," he greeted the three who he constantly saw, but he knew there were others.
"You're back, you little rascal!" Maria laughed, giving him his plate of food. "Now eat up before breakfast rush."
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Kay-Li sat by herself on the far end of the cafeteria. She loved waking up early. It gave her some time to think to herself. Oh course it annoyed her sometimes that other people were up too, but she had learned to ignore it. Taking a small bite from her poppy seed muffin, she stared out into space, sighing softly. Of course, one of the lunch ladies, her favorite in fact, Lula, sat with her, trying to get her to talk at least a little.

"Lula, thanks for trying...but, I guess I'm not that happy today," Kay-Li sighed softly.

Lula laughed softly, her laugh croaky with age. "Don't you worry, dear. I've been doing the same thing right now, since you first came here. I know your moods."

Kay-Li smiled brightly.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewHorizon on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Lexie rolled once in her bed, and the floor had suddenly 'dissapeared'. However, the floor rushed up to meet her quickly with a loud thud. Groaning loudly the girl rolled to her side and rubbed a now-tender spot on the back of her head, feeling the ratted mat of black hair that she would have to wash out before she was able to even show herself in class. Gripping the edge of the bed firmly Lexie pulled herself into a standing position and wobbled momentarily from standing up too fast; blinking furiously to rid her eye site of the black spots swirling in her vision. Lexie collapsed sideways onto the bed again contemplating on even going to school today; her decision was made when the alarm clock on her bed side table rang loudly.

After taking a shower, that was provided in her own room, Lexie simply pulled her hair back in a ponytail and stumbled across the one-bedroom dorm room to her closet; eventually pulling out a green sweater dress. It was a little too short for her taste, but it made her boobs look a little bigger than they actually were-and that was definitely a plus for Lexie. Bending down to where she kept her belts, shoes, and other accessories in a few tubs at the bottom of her closet, she pinched a belt that seemed to go with the outfit, and grabbed a pair of dark, puke green heels. Yes, heels. She stared at them gravely, grudgingly before stepping into them and swiping her 'Social Studies 2' book off her floor. Lexie struggled to swoop back up from her trip down to the ground to grab her book, and almost didn't make it- catching herself on the window sill and steadying herself before coughing awkwardly. The thought of where to put her cell phone popped into her mind; her books contained the folder stuffed between the pages, notebook paper in the folder, and she normally just held her pencil. It wasn't as if she texts during class, Lexie just felt like it was a part of her- probably how every other person did.Deciding that the phone wasn't as important as her outfit, Lexie left it at her dorm and was now wobbling down the Dorm Building's steps of the Janko's-now ungrateful of how many stairs she had to journey down in heels- off towards the cafeteria.

Lexie knew there was still a good hour after she would get to the cafeteria that she had to waste before the actual classes started, but that's the time she went to the coffee shop, after waiting a good 20 minutes for it to open- and sat in one of the comfy chairs, looking out the huge wall-to-floor windows and thinking about things. It was a bit chillier in the morning than it was in mid-day,and she was sort of wishing that she'd been smart and worn a jacket- but being her, that never happened. Once in the cafeteria, Lexie sat her books down and rushed through the line, coming back with only an apple. She sat down in the uncomfortable, plastic seats and took a bite out of her apple while looking around.

NewHorizon
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Eliza pushed through the cafeteria doors and looked around the room for an empty seat. She sighed and grabbed a tray. She set an orange, sunnyside up egg, and some orange juice on her tray. She looked around and saw an empty seat near a guy she knew from German class.
"Hey, Derrick, right?" she asked smiling, hoping she got the right name, "Is this seat taken?" she asked trying to sound friendly. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other uneasily.

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RaeRaeButterfly on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Alexandra's eyes opened and she could of sworn that a little girl had just called her name. That may be because a little girl just did call her name."Alex! Get the phone! Alex! Get the phone!" Alex smiled a little before picking up her vibrating phone. That was her message ring tone, something her little sister Bethany had recorded just for her. It always made her smile and sometimes it made her a little bit upset.
Alex.
Please don't forget to call..It's Bethie's first day at kinder.
Georgie.

Alex's eyes widened and she picked up her phone and dialed her home number. It diddn't ring for long and before she knew it, a cute voice was giggling a hello. "Bethie! It's Alex here!" Alex grinned as stood up and walked over to her wadrobe. "Alex! I miss you big sis." Alex frowned as she opened her wadrobe. "I miss you too Bethie..what ya doing today?" She could hear giggling and that made her smile. "I'm going to kindy Alex! I want you to take me to kindy..can you take me to kindy?" You see, this was something Alex wanted to be home for, to see her sister smile as she hugged her, and to see her little sister giggling away with others. "When I come home Bethie..When I come home..I gotta go..Give mummy and daddy a kiss for me and Georgie a hug..ok?" Alex loved her little sister, a lot. "Okay..ooooohh...Alex? Big bear..says bye! Love you Aleeex." Alex pressed end call and before she could start crying, she darted into the bathroom and had a shower. Twenty minutes later, she was wearing this but she was wearing red ballet flats. The bangle on her wrist made no sound as she texted back to her sister. Alex soon found herself in the cafeteria, a yogurt in hand, sitting on a plastic chair. She had a very healthy diet but..a little unhealthy food wouldn't hurt. She also had a hot chocolate. Which was a frothy one..her favourite.

Georgie babe!
I did..but she was like 'Can you take me to kindy?" Massive..reality..check.
luvz u,
Alex <3

RaeRaeButterfly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Eric was too preoccupied with his scrambled eggs, sweet sausage and ham, with a side of vegetables and a good little piece of toffee on the side to notice that someone else had come in. As he took his first bite of the food laid out in front of him, his stomach grumbled, making him giggle and want to say to his stomach, "Hold on, it's coming." Happily munching away on his breakfast, he took a look around and saw that two girls had entered; a dark-haired girl who he'd recognized as one of the Jankos, and an Asian-looking girl who he knew was a Zahlia, and who was walking in his general direction. "Good morning," he greeted with a friendly smile as he stabbed some of his egg with his fork. "Oh, go ahead. And it's Eric, not Derrick." he chuckled a bit before eating again.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Penn paid no never mind to the other people coming and going from the cafeteria as she walked out. Some people might have thought her stuck up, but Penn was honestly just lost. Already she was thinking about the piano piece she was to be preforming later in the year. If she was lucky and did well, she would get to play it in front of the school. Penn wasn't sure she was exactly hyped about that though, not everyone enjoyed classical music. Penn had a bit of a passion for it from the moment she had first played Beetoven's 5th Symphony that was what had hooked her. Penn also enjoyed playing other music as well, she was just a classical music nut, her favorite bad was Evanescence and she attempted quite a few of their piano pieces from time to time.

As she walked down the hall Penn finished up her muffin and tossed the wrapper in the trash. Smiling at a few of the students she passed in the hall, most of which were either threatre or instrumental majors, Penn headed for the auditorium. Opening the door to the completely dark room Penn smiled seeing the grand piano on the stage a ring of brilliant yellow light around it. Someone had already forseen her coming here. Usually Penn had to turn the lights on herself. Grinning a little Penn headed up towards the stage. Dumping her messenger back on to the stage she climbed the steps and took a seat at the piano bench a feeling of comfort beginning to slide over her.

Sliding a elgoantly long fingered hand aross the teeth of the piano softly Penn's smile widened. "I've got something a little new for you." Penn said to the piano. Pulling her other hand up Penn closed her two different colored eyes and softly began to play. The song was one of her favorites and she had finally tacked down sheet music for a purely instrumental piano piece. As she began to play Penn couldn't help but sing along softly, it was just one of those things. After all who wouldn't be afraid to sing out loud when no one was watching you? Even if someone was in the auditorium lurking in the dark Penn would more than likely never know. Penn didn't like to sing in front of people all that much even though she secretly wanted to do a duet. Judge-mental eyes weren't really her thing, when already most people took one look at her own eyes, and were weirded out.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:08 pm

"Oh, sorry, I'm good at memorizing facts not names," Eliza laughed nervously. She took a sip of orange juice and looked back up at him, "Are you Zahlia or Jankos?" She was hoping he wasn't a jock. She looked around the room again, there were only a few kids in the cafeteria. Eliza sighed and looked through her german book.
"I hate foriegn languages!" she mumbled poking through the tiny covering of her yolk and watched it spill over the speckled whites. She looked back up at eric, he was obviously very interested in his scrambled eggs, so she took it as a good thing he hadn't heard her yelling at her text book.

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby citylights on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Seneca College. The place where the student body was split into two obvious groups. The rivalry was a fire that could never be put out. Now that school had begun everyone was back in their little groups and waiting to bite at each other’s throat. Samuel Van de Bergh was prepared to tear anyone down that gets in the middle of his priorities. Especially the Jankos. Today was the day when he got back from a little trip in Monaco, he got to experience the different culture and generally just have a good time. He had a little soft spot for European women and although he was utterly ashamed of those one night stands, he wasn’t going to lie, they weren’t too bad.

Being back on the school grounds wasn’t as bad as he thought. His bags were taken to his dorm and it seemed like everyone was going heading towards the cafeteria. Today, Samuel was wearing this, just something comfortable for the ride home. He followed the same way as the others and when he entered the chattering and giggles of the fellow students made him feel uncomfortable. Obviously he had forgotten what it was like to be around a lot of people, half of whom he didn’t like.

Quickly he grabbed an apple, an energy bar and orange juice and walked to the back of the cafeteria and leaned against the wall. He wasn’t much of an eater, didn’t like it, so had a very small appetite and whenever he did eat anything it had to be healthy. Samuel took big bites out of his apple whilst patiently waiting for lessons to begin.

citylights
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Bringing her song to a close Penn grinned a little bit, she had to admit it was great fun playing the piano. Biting down on her lip Penn looked up at the clock in the far corner of the auditorium. She had a few minutes still, people would only be passing along to get to class early at the moment. She had enough time to play one more song and still make it to her French class on time. Smiling softly to herself Penn's eyes lit up as she began to play the next song that had been filling her head lately. Wonderwall.

Penn didn't sing along to this song she didn't like to sing to male parts. It was awkward to Penn trying to hit pitches that only guys could considering she was a soprano one. Even though this song wasn't the lowest of the low Penn still didn't sing along. Instead she let her fingers glide over the teeth of the piano. Her body moved and swayed with the music as she got into it. Penn had stopped trying to be quiet now because she was no longer singing and her foot slid off of the una corda, and pressed down on the sustain pedal causing the piano to grow louder and echo in the auditorium softly.

Humming along with the tone of the song Penn felt alive for the first time in awhile. While she had been away back home she hadn't got to play this kind of music on the piano. Her parents both insisted that she play only classical music. On top of that her Father hated Beetoven and her Mother hated Mozart so her choices were limited amongst the pieces that she actually knew.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eyyitsjp on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 am

Kriiiiinggg!!!! Damien instinctively extended his arm about two and a half feet away and smacked his alarm clock, causing it to fall to the floor. 'Shit,' he inwardly cursed. 'I'm going to have to buy a new one. Oh well.' Damien rolled over in his bed, only to be greeted by the sun's rays peeking from behind the blinds of his dorm room window. He let out a great yawn and stretched his arms upward, sitting up on his bed and slowly climbing out to start his day. He trudged all the way to the bathroom, catching a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror. He was not surprised to see that his chestnut brown hair was sticking out in all directions. He chuckled to himself as he started to undress before getting into the shower and letting the warm water greet his aching body. Soccer practice was indeed a killer.

After a quick ten minute shower, Damien emerged from the bathroom and got dressed in this. He quickly brushed his hair and teeth before heading down to the dining hall, ready to face the world. He looked around and saw that there were already plenty of people inside the cafeteria. There were some of his fellow Jankos, but then again, there were also some Zahlias inthe room. He chose to ignore them. He felt like sitting at a table all on his own, so he did just that. After setting his bag down, he began to dig into the food, helping himself to some pancakes, bacon, and eggs.

eyyitsjp
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:16 am

♫♫There's something about the look in your eyes~Something I noticed when the light was just right~It reminded me twice that I was alive~And it reminded me that you're so worth the fight♫♫

Those words greeted from his mp3 Marcus as he slowly opened his eyes revealing the blank white ceiling above. He always slept on his back and never moved, sitting up on his bed he looked around with excitement as it was another day at Seneca for him. Right away without getting dressed or doing the normal bathroom routine, he finished up the last bit of homework he left unfinished the night before. Looking at the clock he quickly completed the last bit and got dressed in his black solid workout top and short, he’s shoes were a mix of an interesting color choice of pink white and orange. He removed the mp3 player for the stereo clock system, grabbed his small gym bag, brushed his teeth and whatnot then made his way to the Zanko Gym Facility. Marcus had to be careful about being seen since he was a Zahlia on “enemy territory”. Good amount of athletes were entering through the main entrance, he whistles as continued to walk on by before coming to the side entrance and walking right on in. No one really paid him any attention, which was a good thing, since they were concentrating on their own practice. Putting the earphones on he selected some upbeat dance music as his programmed the cycling bike before starting the workout.

Working in an interval pace of slow and fast he tried to keep his upper body as still as possible while his lower body powered away at the pedals almost in sync with the music. Marcus tired not to labor his breathing and keep the pace he had set. Nearing the end he slowly let up speed as he entered the cool down phase until the timer stopped. He carefully got off the bike and wiped it clean for the next person to use and went over to the indoor track to relax. In the walk lane, he had his arms on top of his head as he inhaled through his nose then exhaled (quietly) through his mouth, a girl who was in the running lane smiled at him and he returned the gesture before leaving. Marcus mouthed the words of the current song as he removed his clothes before stepping into the hot tub. Taking out his earphones there was a sudden silent he sighed and closed his eyes.

Back in his dorm room he got of his work out attire and into a pair of blue jeans, a white t with a bold black question mark in the middle, and a pair of black slip on. Marcus gathered what he needed for the day in his brown book bag and double checked everything before heading out. He was just in time for the breakfast rush and wrestled with actually going into the cafeteria or the coffee. It seemed a bit too crowded for his liking so he decided to go the coffee shop instead. Compared the cafeteria the place was practically dead, but he didn’t mind less noise for him to deal with. Getting a medium cup of tea he looked at the window of the trees swaying in the wind as he waited for 1st period.

BSX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 am

As the sun rose steadily in the sky that new term morning, it's light reflecting off the water and bouncing wriggling shapes off the walls, a solid shape glided up and down Seneca's swimming pool, water rippling slightly over the sides, the odd splash echoing loudly in the humidity of the room.
Other than Adrianna, because it was earlier than when most of the other students were awake, the swimming baths were quiet, the odd slamming of a locker door resonating from the changing rooms once in a while, or the odd yell of a jock travelling distances that another voice would probably have trouble matching.
It was when the clock struck 6:00am though that the peaceful scene changed somewhat, as the slender figure from the water lost some of it's speed, gently coming to a stop by the side and then hauling itself, droplets of shining water spraying and dripping everywhere, out of the pool.

Adrianna Di'amo was found in this same spot pretty much every morning, powerfully cutting through the ripples of chlorine filled water as she front crawled countless amount of laps each time. It was something that certainly showed how much dedication she had, especially considering that even during the short holiday the college had breaked for, she was still found in the same place when most other students were either on holiday or making the most of their morning lie ins.
I mean, don't get me wrong, if the brunette had had any kind of choice she'd have been on the first plane home, to visit the family that she so missed but being that flights were expensive during holiday season, they just couldn't afford to pay for her to go over, something which had been severely disappointing when she'd found out and somewhat heart wrenching. Anna'd always been a bit of a home bird, a family girl and to be deprived of what she so seeked at times didn't do her well-being all that good.
Shaking these thoughts from her mind though as she grabbed her stuff from her locker, it wasn't long before Adrianna was ready and dried off, exiting the swimming pool looking a lot like this, minus the sunglasses if you will.

Once outside, one of the first things that the nineteen year old noticed was the increase in people, how jankos wandered by with sports bags thrown over their shoulders, glaring at the zahlias who walked on the other side of the pathway, books in hand as they returned the death stares, in the mean time, Adrianna ignoring both groups and stalking past without a word, as though she hadn't noticed the cloud of hostility in the air. Really, she couldn't believe how pathetic it all was and wanted nothing more than to shake those that liked to enforce the barriers, but of course, she knew she never would and continued on her way to the cafeteria, screaming all of those unsaid thoughts in her mind rather than outloud where they'd surely get her into some kind of trouble.

Having already eaten before she'd set out to the swimming pool, once she was inside Adi grabbed a coffee and wandered over to a table nearest the back doors which were open, a slight breeze floating in as she sat herself down and pulled an english textbook from her bag, setting it out in front of her as she kept ahold of her cup and cast a brief searching glance around the room.
Immediately she noted how the majority of people were stood or sat on their own, odd groups milling about before leaving to either sit outside for a while or make their way slowly to whatever lesson they had next. It was stupid really because she was pretty sure that if someone just broke the ice and spoke everybody would get along just fine rather than being so preoccupied with what group they belonged to.
Exhaling heavily then though, Adrianna dropped her gaze back to the page of nouns she had in front of her, absentmindedly sipping at the warm drink in her hand. She knew better than anybody that that was a stupid desire to have and felt foolish for even letting the thought cloud her mind in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile though, like most of the other students had done that morning, Oscar Reynolds had gotten up at his normal time, showered quickly and pulled on this with his usual pair of geeky glasses, immediately lighting up a cigarette once he was outside of the confines of his dorm.
He walked towards the cafeteria steadily, blowing out plumes of smoke, one hand in the pocket of his jeans as he enjoyed the heat of the sunshine on the back of his neck. For the past few months now Oscar had been making this trip at pretty much the same time every morning but never once did he bore of basking in the tense atmosphere that swirled like a dark cloud in between the two white buildings, the divide in the groups of people being obvious even without actions of any kind, unless of course you counted the harsh jibes and name calling that tickled his ears every so often, some of the insults bringing that satisfied smirk to his features as he entered the cafeteria calmly, the look of amusement never once leaving his eyes.

Having never been a big easter himself in the morning, Oscar simply grabbed some toast, a couple of tubs of butter and marmalade, as well as an orange juice before carrying his glass and plate towards the back of the room, sitting himself right in the corner so that he had a good view of the whole room, his cold blue eyes ticking over different students, different teachers, flickers of a variety of different emotions sparkling there like jewels.
♄

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Eliza smiled uncomfortably and poked at her food again. She flipped through her german again closing it and reviewed what she had just read. She looked around the room again taking in the familiar sights. She saw a few Jankos- glaring the glare she had specifically reserved for them- a few Zahlias, and a guy sitting in the corner scoping the place out. She stared at him for a moment his blue eyes were cold and clear, full of amusement. Utterly creeped out she stood up and tossed her food in the trash can and leaned against the wall and started looking through her other text books. She couldn't help looking up every once in a while at the boy sitting at the corner table. He seemed interesting, but he also seemed liked someone you shouldn't mess with. But she could be wrong, she usually was about people.

If he talks to me i'll be polite and talk back, otherwise I'm minding my own business, I still need to get friends. Shouldn't waste valuable study time on unimportant people anyway. She thought trying to urge herself that Seneca was a college for learning and ugh, sports, and not for socializing and wasting your time.

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Kay-Li sighed, turning to the boy who had sat so close to her in the cornerish area. She recognized him, but she couldn't quite remember where. "Oscar, what are you doing?" she asked, her voice void of any natural or artificial emotion. She rested her cheek against her palm. "If you keep doing that, you're going to freak people out." She picked at her muffin before looking up and spotting a girl, who kept looking over every couple of seconds. "Seems you've got yourself an admirer," she snorted out, laughing. The girl appeared to be a Zahlias, like they were but that didn't make her any less of an annoyance. "And you smell like cigarettes."

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Penn felt her body relax as the music strummed through her, if she never experienced ecstasy in her life that was better than that of playing music she loved Penn would still perish feeling fulfilled. Letting her fingers fall off of the teeth of the piano Penn's full lips twisted up into a smile. They twitched at the edges threatening to show a set of dentally fixed white teeth. "I've missed you." Penn told the piano quietly as she ran her hand over the top of it before giving a sigh. Her whole body had relaxed and in a was calmed down. Now she would be fine to go about her own business, meeting up with people she hadn't seen in awhile, and bugging idiots who argued about topics they didn't understand.

"I'll be back later." Penn told the piano and stood up giving the bench a small nudge with her knee to put it back into place. Walking down the stairs of the auditorium stage Penn grabbed her bag and headed for the doors. Wiping down her dress, just in case, Penn pulled the doors to the auditorium open. A few students had been standing outside listening to her and Penn flushed a light shade of pink. "What?" Penn asked a little heatedly as they stared at her, they only looked to be about 17 or 18. "It's music." Penn added in a softer tone before walking back towards the cafeteria. She would see if any of her friends were awake, that and she needed a water bottle.

Walking past the coffee shop on her way Penn was already humming softly, her fingers playing the air piano as she walked. Purple material fluttered about her legs, contrasting against the pale skin, while her black hair bounced slightly as she walked with a little bump, almost as if to a beat. Making her way into the cafeteria Penn headed towards the back where the vending machines were. "Excuse me." Penn said to the guy standing there as she got her water. Grabbing it she gave the guy a brief smile, not looking up at him for she didn't want someone else to stare at her because of her eyes, she turned to go and sit by Eric. He was in her French class. "Ca va Eric? J'espere de vos vacances a ete bien?" Penn asked him. She didn't know Eric that well, only remembering conversations every now and then in their French class. He was the only familiar face though.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 am

Eric's head snapped up again when she asked if he was from Zahlia or Jankos, and he merely giggled as the food in his mouth didn't allow very much to laugh out loud. Unless she wanted egg on her face. "Oh, me?" he said, pointing to himself then jokingly looking around the sort of empty cafeteria. "I'm from Zahlia. I suppose you are too." Finishing the last of whatever was on his plate, he took the paper towel that was provided for him, wiped his mouth clean and proceeded with his can of Coke, taking about three or four gulps before looking at her again.

"Aw, don't hate foreign languages," he said. Looking at her German book, he immediately smiled, cleared his throat and said, "Wenn du sie hassen, werden sie dich auch hassen. Sprachen sind lustig! Where is your Zahlian spirit?" With enthusiasm in his eyes, he just gave a little tip of the Wayfarers he wore on top of his swept-back hair and scrunched up his face, pulling out his German book as well and flipping through it, making sure that he didn't forget their homework assignment. "There's homework, you know. Herr Schulze will kill us if we don't hand it in."

When Penn came over, he couldn't help but smile as she talked to him in French, and found that he did have a great vacation, now that he thought about it. "Ouais. C'Ă©tait gĂ©nial. Je m'ennuie de ma sƓur. Elle a pleurĂ© quand j'ai quittĂ© la maison." he said with a sigh. "And you? How was your vacation? Anything interesting happen, Penn de la classe française?"

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!