Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

All the better to eat you with, my dear (closed)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

All the better to eat you with, my dear (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:12 am

The rose had always been a symbol of beauty and romance. A blooming flower signified rebirth and youth and fresh beginnings. That had been the idea behind the companyā€™s name, several generations ago. Within the last century, however, it had also taken up the meaning behind the color red. Soviet Russia had been a source of great worry for years, after all. The Reds had been the primary target of the West for so long, and that bold crimson flag was still an image of communism worldwide. Sometimes, certain ideals were as close to perfection as society could ever dream to accomplish, but things like this were always improperly managed and people were always abused.

Red Rose was a superb example of these abuses. The Demidov family had built its financial empire on the remains of poorly invested businesses for more than half a dozen generations. The founder had not been a particularly saintly individual, and each line of children that followed him only managed to tighten their hold on the sources of their fortunes.

Not even the vengeful witchery of a wronged ancestry could destroy the power that the Demidovs claimed over the people and its government.

Viktor Demidov, the last remaining Demidov heir, was a name not infrequently used in stock markets and business newspapers worldwide. His reputation was as shady as it was monumental. He was one of the wealthiest people in the worldā€”certainly in his motherlandā€”and his face was a rarity on television, in magazines, and even in person. He controlled his monetary masterpiece with an iron fist, dipping his secretive fingers into some of the most distant of details. He attending meetings via video conferencing, kept a thumb on administrators and shareholders via extensive documentation and reliable personal aids. He released statements and made demands much the same way.

But what of the man behind the mogul?

There wasnā€™t one. It was as simple as that. Or rather, there no longer remained much of one. Viktor hid himself behind a list of deformities and defects. The world need only know that he hadā€¦ issues. No one need know that his body was running away from him. No one need know that flesh hard grown thick and hard and lost all of its hair, fine and coarse. No one need guess that his skeletal structure had suffered traumatic alterations and his mind had fallen into something beastly and barely manageable.

Japan was not too terribly unlike Russia, Viktor had found. Social classes and groups were very clearly defined, streets were far too busy, and the modernization of business was everything. Of course, this nation had mastered that perhaps more cleverly than Mr. Demidovā€™s land. The management of the Red Rose branch centered in Osaka had taken every precaution necessary to ensure Viktorā€™s comfort when he arrived. The tour of the city had been both interesting and pleasantly short. The building was pristine. The staff was polite and overly humble, as was expected of the people here. Why, they had even promised him a woman for his every need while here in their fine economic capital. Coffee? Meeting log? Vodka? Unobtrusive distance? Street information? Insider tidbits about the 7th floor? Yes, please.

Viktor was a beast of a man, no matter how well he disguised his abnormalities. His dark skull was smooth, his eyes were small and set deeply in his sockets, his brow was heavy and low, and his jaw was frightfully wide. He towered over even his closest colleagues, and so he was a giant in this place. He tested the breadth of the seating here. He consumed everything worth putting in his mouth. He held delicious, bold cigars with so very little of his meaty, oversized hand. And when he spoke, his thick, rolling tenor reverberated from the walls of any room in which he sat.
Last edited by Skallagrim on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title to reflect RPG rules on role-plays
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: All the better to eat you with, my dear (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 am

Perhaps if she had been born into a different family, one where art was held higher than what position you held at your job, she wouldn't be in this predicament. Kira Aure was born into a rather prestigious family, with her father becoming the CEO of a well known contracting company, and several of her brothers signing up for the army it was all about your status and how much money you brought in. So when she was offered a position at the offices of Rose Red in Osaka just a few years prior, she leapt at the idea of having some sort of title to go with her name. And so it was with great determination, she worked on climbing the ladder of the Red Rose Company. But all of that now seemed rather fruitless compared with the new job she had been given just a few days ago.

She was to serve Viktor Demidov, the head of Red Rose, while he was here in Japan. She hadn't thought about the rumors that surrounded him until she returned to her desk and thought about it. The man was reclusive, bordering on being on hermit. He rarely left his home for anything, and this was one of the rare occasions when he did leave his home for his job. Yet she couldn't forget about the rumors of his deformities. She swallowed hard, regretting her decision ever since. But she knew that she couldn't turn her back on something this important. And so she had spent the last several days gathering everything she needed to make this go as smoothly as possible.

Kira herself couldn't help but worry about her own appearance on the day Viktor Demidov was set to arrive. She fussed with her shoulder length black hair wondering if she should pull it into a neat bun or let it hang. She spent the next hour messing with her bangs making sure they were perfect for the occasion. She couldn't decide whether to where contacts or glass to show off her large brown eyes. She opted to wear the smallest heels she could so as not to look too intimidating, since she was already rather tall. She cursed her fathers gene's every time she thought about her height. In the end she decided to keep her hair down and where her contacts when she first met Mr. Demidov.

Kira now stood anxiously in front of the door that would lead into the room where she was destined to meet him. She swallowed hard and braced herself for whatever may be beyond the door. With a stern face filled with determination and resolve she turned the knob and entered the room. She closed the door gently behind her, and bowed before she even got a good look at the man. "Greetings, President Demidov. I am Kira Aure and I shall be serving you while you stay in our lovely country," she said looking up and taking in Viktor Demidov for the very first time. At that very moment she became slightly more aware that this man was larger than any man she had seen, easily towering over her. All in all, he was a rather frightening looking man and she had to keep her knees locked so as to stop them from knocking together.
Last edited by FallenBlu on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persona Roleplay We are still in need of a few people, some and join us. You can't go wrong with Persona. Roleplay created by Growlithe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 am

The willful opening of the door snared Viktorā€™s attention. After all, the girl had been called into the room and so he had known to expect her. The dark brute sat far across the long room at a heavy oak desk, his eyes too small and too deep set to be very well seen from her position. He preferred it this way. From there, he could watch her every uncertain little movement, from her fingers to her feet to her stern lips. While Kira may have been recognized locally for her height, she was comfortably small for the elevated Demidov. Good.

Unfortunately, no matter how sweet her little nose or the curve of her mouth or the arch of her eyes, she had spoken. Despite the fact that their shared languageā€”Englishā€”made things a little harder to understand, he understood well enough to be insulted by her forwardness. Of course he knew why she was there and under what circumstances. Her job was to do what he wanted while staying very clearly out of his way. Instead of following these simple instructions, Kira left Viktorā€™s thick fingers curling angrily against the edge of the desk. The distance masked the twitch of muscle under his cheek and the slide of his adams apple. For a moment, his slender black goatee almostā€¦ almost shifted. Almost.

Viktor did not speak. Rather, he lowered his beady eyes to the documents stacked before him. The work he had laid out for the week was far more important than this girlā€™s discomfort or the words she had been trained to repeat. If she was to be of any use to him, sheā€™d need to know to be still and silent until he needed something, and sheā€™d need to be able to recognize those moments without being told of them. In the long, miserable tense moments in-between, she might find the time to get a rare look at the reclusive billionaire. There was something thick and unreal about his skin, and for being so dark, his flesh tone was also rather dull. The bulge of his jaw clearly defined the line of his masseter and mandible in a rather unnatural way. His shoulders were unusually broad, his hands were unusually large, and his nose was unusually flat. His ears were small and shallow. He looked every bit like the exaggerated depiction of Evil, and yet there he sat, as real as the pen on the left side of his desk.

The morning hours ticked slowly away. The monstrous man at the other end of the room spoke occasionally into a blackberry at his left ear. He opened a wide laptop from time to time to move his over sized finger pads over enlarged keys. When at last a stout gentleman came to the door and crossed the room to sit before that desk, Viktor raised his cold stare to the girl who had been waiting all this time. He nodded toward the man who bowed and then seated himself. See to him. That is not my responsibility. Things were go on like this for the entire first half of the week. Be still. Donā€™t interrupt. Make sure he neednā€™t do anything outside of his own tasks.

ā€œKira.ā€

It was day four of his business trip, and Viktor had been speaking through several teleconferences all morning and afternoon, occasionally noticing that a glass of this or that had been supplied or refilled right under his nose. Now that he spoke, however, his unwavering attention and determined work ethic seemed to pause, if only for a moment, as he turned his chair a matter of degrees.

ā€œHave a seat.ā€

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:20 am

It was in those first few seconds after her introduction, when she finally got a chance to look at Viktor Demidov and she realized what the true feeling of fear was. The man sitting all the way on the other side of the room imbued her with such terror that she found it hard to breathe. She just hoped that it didn't show on her face, which she was now sure was as pale as a ghost. Kira tried for several minutes to see his eyes, and wondered if they were even focused on her, for she hadn't received any sort of response. That disturbed her a bit more, and her mind started to race. That strong feeling of having done something wrong began to surface and she had to try her best to swallow it down and focus on the task at hand, which was serve the brute before her.

The first day was absolutely gruesome. Not once had Viktor said a word to her, in fact he seemed to be totally preoccupied with the work that was in front of him. Every so often he would answer calls and open his laptop to check something, but not once did he dare a word to her. Then again she was there to serve him, and she had no obligation to speak to him, or vice versa for that matter. She focused on the tasks that would otherwise disturb from his routine and work, which meant dealing with whoever he didn't want to and avoiding that cold stare he gave to her whenever he wanted something done. That stare could freeze her where she stood, and stop her blood from flowing. It was as if she had been turned to stone by Medusa's hideous glare.

It wasn't till the fourth day of his business trip did he speak directly to her,which nearly made her leap out of her skin. His voice was deep and resonating, and she immediately knew that if he spoke in a crowded room, that all eyes would be on him in a matter of seconds. The voice of a man that wanted everything to go smoothly and wouldn't accept any type of failure. All together it felt odd for his voice to be directed at her. The world itself seemed to have paused when he stopped working and took the time to notice her after the four days she had tended to him.

Kira silently made her way towards one of the few chairs closest to his desk and did as she was told and took a seat. She rested her hands on her knees to keep them from knocking together. She lowered her head a bit looking at her hands gathering the strength to look up. She did, awaiting what Viktor had to say next. She knew it was better not to speak unless he said other wise.In fact it wouldn't bother her a bit if she just sat there and didn't say a word to him.

But the sheer fact that he had even managed to pay even an ounce of attention to her and speak to her was throwing her for a bit of loop. Usually she was calm and collected in situations such as this. But she had learned from the four days of tending to him, it was almost impossible for her to relax around him. He held a certain aura around him, one that she hadn't yet been able to decipher.
Last edited by FallenBlu on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:43 pm

It took all ninety-six of these hours in Japan for Kira to show her potential. While it may have seemed a paltry accomplishment, Viktor knew good and well that he was not an easy man to serve. This did not lower his expectations in any way, however. In fact, while he waited for her to cross the room and sit before him, he was squeezing his fist in the other hand quite impatiently. Ah, but soon after she had seated herself, his face tightened in a strange, unsettling smile.

ā€œYou are very beautiful girl, Kira. Also very quiet. I am liking that.ā€

His hampered English combined with her foreign concept of it most likely made communication a taxing experience for the both of them. Apparently, they managed. Were his compliments difficult to believe when they came from a face like his? Were they more unsettling than flattering? Or was it rare enough to hear them in that terrible voice that the wonder still did not quite abandon the words? Most importantly, Viktorā€™s appreciation for her quiet, fearful nature should have bred discomfort.

ā€œYou are happy here? In this place, this nation. This building. And your family? They are happy for you also, da?ā€

Viktor knew the answers to these questions very clearly. He knew that Nippon was a particularly inwardly driven country. He knew that black hair, perfect skin, small features, predictable mannerisms, social stylistics were extremely important. He knew that people were recognized as groups and families. Even in the corporate world, the individual meant little. And so the individuals were all very much alike. A difference as clear as Kiraā€™sā€”a difference of blood and mild featuresā€”could be devastating; if even in the most subtle of ways. He also knew that most of her family was not here. These details were of particular use to him. Her singularity and disposability were absolutely integral.

ā€œIs good to be afraid, and also very good to be honest. Hehā€¦ I am not to be hurting you, little Kira. Do not worry. We will talk, you and I. We will talk, and you will see. I am not bad person.ā€

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallenBlu on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Viktor's unsettling smile was enough to make her heart skip a beat, and her mind was screaming for her to get up and just run out of the room. Yet, she found that she was rooted to the spot whenever he looked at her. Still, it was only a precursor to what would follow. The compliments that fell from his mouth just caused her to stare for a moment, and wonder if he were actually saying those words. She had been serving this man, refilling his drinks and tending to all types of business, and not once did he compliment her. She was beginning to think that he was just a heartless man. So the words that suddenly spilled from his mouth was a shock to her system. Could she really believe what this man was saying? And why was she afraid all of a sudden?

She swallowed hard, looking away only to for her eyes to be drawn back to him when he spoke once again. She didn't know what to say. He was trying to have a normal conversation with her and for some reason or another the more he spoke, he more awkward she felt. She let out a quiet sigh, wondering what this man actually wanted from her. At the mention of her family she wondered for a quick second if her father was really proud of her. She wasn't a CEO, but she was slowly working her way up the company ladder to higher positions. Then again, her father would only be happy until she was a CEO of some company.

"I'm sure your not a bad person Mr.Demidov," Kira said, somehow forming words.

She was surprised by how weak her voice sounded when she spoke. She wasn't even sure if Viktor had heard her say those words. The words themselves was just a way to reassure herself that Viktor wasn't going to hurt her. After all, he had said he wouldn't harm her.

FallenBlu
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!