Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Mass Effect (IC thread)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Mass Effect (IC thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 am

(I didn't, it was them. *makes inocent face*)

IC: "You know, I actualy might have a problem," John said cocking his shotgun, "I might have a real big problem." He walked up close to the guy, nearly face to face. It would have been face to face if John wasn't taller than this guy was. "Who do you think you are, hirng a group of Krogans to attack us," he said angerly, "I might just have to rectify our little problem."
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:57 pm

*Vi'car put away his rifle, and turned to Jack:*

"Ha ha, I have no qualms against Humans, regardless of involvement in the Relay 314 Incident. Although I will admit that you are a...feisty species."

*Vi'car smiled and turned as Sam and Jimmy came out of the Durandal.*

“Well it seems you guys had no problem completing my little test, I hope there will be no hard feelings, I just needed some reassurance that I was not getting myself into a situation I will regret.”

*Vi'car drew his pistol and tackled Jimmy.*

"You! You sent Krogan after us?! I should kill you right now, who the hell do you think you are!?"
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:02 pm

(OOC: I only scared 'em a bit. And maybe hit one, but they started it! [/ten year old voice])

Sam drew his pistol as well, training it on Jimmy.

"A Goddam TEST?!?!?! You wasted lives on some kind of TEST? First, where do YOU ge off testing US? YOU don't even outrank ME, much less putting the CAPTAIN in danger. Give us one reason why we shouldn't ether let the Turian blow you to bits; or throw you in cryo, ship you to Earth and court martial you. And it really better be a good one, because you wasted lives, genophage or NO genophage."
If you mess with me, you WILL be hippyfied. You are officially warned.

You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime.
~Death

How's the general public today?
Off it's meds.
~Ian and Matt Machall

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STK1200 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:01 pm

As the Turian tackled Jimmy, his helmet and winnings flew through the air and bounced in every possible direction.

“God damn”, Jimmy said as he struggled to get to his feet.

“Why don’t you guys go cry to someone else, I don’t know about you guys but I like to know what I am getting into when I take on one of these bulls**t assignments the council is always giving. If you don’t look out for yourself these days no one will.”

“As for all of your empty threats, I will take them with a grain of salt. And as for putting the captain in danger, I am sure she is a big girl capable of handling herself. Speaking of which where is she? I need to speak with her.”

STK1200
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:21 pm

"Yeah yeah, give us that crap shpiel later. I know how it goes 'wah wah whine moan no trusting people blah bored blah test a new crew blah.' Captain, Ma'am, I'd like to grant Vi'car permission to blow this man's brains across the deck. Or do it myself, not too picky. At least turn him in to C-Sec for questioning. And I hear that a couple of the Turian investigators are EVER so gentle with their cavity searches..."

"Do you know HOW many alliance regs and Citadel laws you just broke? If we put this in a report you'll never see combat again unless some one invades a prison colony. You'll be left on the back end of Alliance space until your GRANDKIDS are admirals. At the VERY minimum, you're looking at conspiracy and attempted assault, which is 5 years minimum in an Alliance jail. And it wouldn't take a JAG lawyer three seconds to spin this as mutiny or treason, which have a sentence of life in prison or DEATH! So you BETTER come up with a better reason than that one."

Sam never lowered his pistol, keeping it trained on Jimmy's head.

(OOC: Seriously. Court martial is about the only option open here, and 5 years in jail. But Commanding Officers have a choice to administer a punishment themselves rather than turn them in, but if it is too light, it can be protested and reported to the Judge Advocate General [JAG(military lawyers)] for appropriate punishment.)

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:39 pm

*Vi'car held his pistol level with Jimmy's face.*

"That is your answer? Never in my life have I heard anything so idiotic, save for a drunken Salarian I know. The Council does not create joint task forces every day, and nothing about this mission is routine or "bullshit", as you say. Do you have any moral reserve? If it was not for the Commander rushing us out, I could have easily shot someone back in Chora's Den. You are a danger to this crew and the Citadel as a whole, and I am alerting C-Sec to your actions. Try to stop me, and I will kill you."

*Vi'car accessed C-Sec via his omni-tool, but never took and eye off of Jimmy.*

"They should be here shortly, I would stay where you are if you want to see trial.*

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STK1200 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 pm

"Yes, court martial would seem like the only way to go, but considering you guys just killed all possible witnesses, there's no proof I did anything. The test thing was just a joke as far as I am concerned.

(OOC: We are going to need someone to role play C-Sec, unless we are going to just all take turns.)

STK1200
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:28 pm

*Vi'car smiled.*

"Except that my Omni-tool as been recording everything that has happened since the Durandal arrived. So I'm afraid that we have all the evidence that C-Sec could ever want."

*Just then, the dock access lift arrived, and six Turian C-Sec officers stepped out. The noticed the standoff near the Durandal, and rushed over, weapons drawn.*

"Alright, everyone back away from each other, and lower your weapons. We just received word from a Vi'car Innortalis that the fight in Chora's Den was an attempt on Systems Alliance lives. Where is Vi'car?"

*Vi'car put down his weapon and addressed the C-Sec officer.*

"I am Vi'car. And this Human *points* just confessed to staging this entire affair to kill myself and the other Humans."

*Vi'car copies the recorded conversation to the officer's omni-tool.*

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucideo on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm

(Im just waiting approval folks, I already sent the GM a PM)

Name: Hermies Vangore aka ''Demon''
Age: 1,310 (im not being funny one bit, Wrex's age is 1,400 making him the oldest character in Shepereds crew)
Height: 6'4''
Weight: 200 pounds of pure muscle
Race: Krogan
History: Hermies Vangore suffers from the genophage as do all Krogans, Hermies has been born into the Vangore clan, Hermies soon fled his home world after his minor clan had been killed off. In search for more people to fight, Hermies had become a mercenary aka ''merc'' Hermies isn't very much like other Krogan in the sence that he likes the fine arts, classical music, and of course the exodic Asari species in play. But Hermies too will soon die for he has cheated death once and nobody can cheat death twice. Hermies is sadistic, cold, evil, and heartless! Hermies should be the gate keeper of hell! Not much is known of this mighty Krogan for he has destroyed MOST of his data records. Now, Hermies just goes around city to city, planet to planet, ect... Killing and gaining money... Thats all...
Weapons:
Sokolov Shotgun
Weapon Level - X
Damage - 354
Shots Before Overheat - 5.8
Accuracy Rating - 80
Karpov Pistol
Weapon Level - X
Damage - 276
Shots Before Overheat - 26
Accuracy Rating - 75
Apperence:
Heavy Armor ''predator''
Armor level - X
Damage Protection - 58
Shields - 540
Tech/Biotic Protection - 34
Last edited by Lucideo on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lucideo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STK1200 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Jimmy laughed coolly, as he turns to address the C-Sec officers.

“Good day fella’s, Jimmy Boone Jr., glad you got here in time, this Turian was starting to get a crazy look in his eyes.”

“Regarding the Krogans, I really have no clue what happened. I was talking to one of them, an accomplice of mine, in Chora’s Den about a new order I had received. No details obviously.”

“That Krogan right there”, Jimmy said as he pointed to a lifeless corpse, “told me he knew all about it already and that he heard the crew chosen wasn’t the right people for the job. He claimed they were too soft. That’s where our conversation ended and I headed up to The Flux to try my luck before we head off to wherever they are sending us. Witnesses from Chora’s Den will attest that the Krogan and I sat at the bar the whole time, which is not a place any sane man would be discussing the things I am being accused of.”

“As for confessing to this crime, I made an ill-timed joke which offended everyone and got me centered in the sights of oh, maybe three or four guns. The extent of my guilt ends there, as it was simply a joke and nothing more.”

The C-Sec officer Jimmy addressed with an understanding face began to inspect the Krogan corpses.

STK1200
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Sam brought the turret read outs up on his omni tool.

"You forget we record gun-cams? And confessions are admissible in all courts and irrefutable in a Court martial trial. No lawyer will buy your joke idea. You'll be in for some trouble. Not to mention security tapes from the ship and anything else we can scrounge up. As well as the assualts in Chora's Den...my Uncle back on Earth is a JAG lawyer. You have a mess of trouble, and at the very least a discharge without honor at your feet. not to mention your joke causing problems for the politicians who will discharge you to cover their rears."

Sam keyed his omni tool and activated a comm channel to the embassy.

"Even if you're not going to jail, your career in the Alliance is done."

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STK1200 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 pm

(OOC: is there somewhere you are getting these from in regard to mass effect games or books? Or are you just making them up as we go along?)

STK1200
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 am

(OOC: A lot of this has to do with the existing US military regulations, which Mass Effect is based on. And politics, well politics is politics. It's a constant. I have been leaving an out, I'm not doing this as a personal thing. But this is really how people would react to this sort of thing. And as I said, the Captain has an out. She gives a punishment that is fair, and it works out without a report on record or anything. But you chose this intro, and well...)

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 am

Jack was pissed off now, he walked over to this 'Jimmy' fellow, "Soft? I didn't see a single Krogan at the siege of the citadel, and me and probably these guys too fought for 13 hours before it was over, non-stop gunshots. And I'd liked to see him say that he's soft to us when he's fucking dead!" Jack shouted. The C-Sec officers looked up but weren't concerned. "I don't like this guy already, but if the captain doesen't press charges AND he's gonna come with us, he'd better stay away from us. Screw this I'm off." Jack said pointing at Jimmy. Then clanking all the way back to the ship and inside, then walked to Mako and started to repair it.
Hey doods, whas hapening I wus like, ow my fraken head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put soap in em :P - Gir - Invader Zim

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 am

*she saw her crew bickering like small children. she walked toward jack and gently and sweetly asked.* "jack.. what's wrong." *she did her infamous cheek touch which seemed to calm her men don't if only to have them focus on her.* "come on." *she grabbed his hand and sat him down.*

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 am

John never strayed his gun from his target. He waited there untill C-sec had arrived to take him away. After wards, John had gone back to his quarters, and tried to relieve the stress of the day. He had always found solice in cleaning his weapons.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 am

"Maybe you should ask that twat!" Jack said stressfully pointing at Jimmy, "He made us panic, put us all in danger, you in danger, that's like mutiny. Sunuvabitch....." Jack explained. Then he took his helmet off and put it on the floor and looked at her. "If this is the other crew-mate, I wan't him to stay the hell away. No talking to me or annoying me. I'm pretty sure the others would agree to that...."

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 am

*she nodded and smacked jacks butt playfully.* "okay i need you to relax okay?" *she looked him directly in the eyes.* "okay?" *she nodded her head." *she walked over to jimmy and pulled him aside* "what the hell is going on?"

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 am

"Will do captain" Jack chuckled. he got back up and looked at the others then got back to work on the Mako, he couldn't find the wrench but still new Vi'car and the others were there. "hey can somebody pass me the plasma cutter, this thing is banged up pretty bad" He asked holding his hand out for the cutter.

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 am

Name: Casey Shelton Black
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Race: Human

Appearance: Young, with sharp features, and short-cut, light-brown and slightly curly hair, and emerald green eyes. (Caucasian). Lost his left arm in combat and now has it replaced with a cybernetic one. Armor is speckered green.
Specialization: Soldier

Service History: Black grew up an orphan in South Africa. His parents died in an airplane crash, and the young boy found himself alone in the Kalahari desert, with a broken leg, and no hope of surviving. He crawled for three days until he came upon a rebel camp, and was taken in as a child soldier in exchange for food and roof over the head.

When he turned sixteen, the civil war ended and the rebel movement turned in their weapons. As a result, Black was left not knowing what to do. He got a chance to join the Alliance Military, and did so, seing lots of action against space pirates on border planets. During his latest mission his transport was shot down, and he and his fellow soldiers were captured and tortured by pirates. During the torture his left arm was cut off.

When he as the only survivor was later rescued by marines, his arm was beyond saving, but it was replaced by a cybernetic one to allow him to continue as a soldier. It looks like the real thing, though, and few people know it's not. However, due to his past which he has not yet overcome completely, Black is mentally scarred, and is prone to excessive violence from time to time.

People would describe him as a loner, a good soldier who cannot stand bigotry, and is haunted by his own memories. All he think of these days is doing his job as a soldier, and protect the people on the human colonies. The thought of being pulled off active duty scares him more than anything else as he doesn't know how to live off the battlefield.

Weapon: HMWA assault rifle

Black stared down at the arm dispassionately. Moving it he felt a slight tingle where the cybernetic arm joined with the real deal. The pain was worse, though, the arm hammering with it so much he barely cared to move it at all. The doctors had said it would go away with time. It didn't really bother him, though. What did bother him was what would happen to him now - he had heard rumors of other marines that had lost limbs in battle and had them replaced by cybernetic ones, only to be shipped off to do desktop duty for the rest of their careers. That thought scared him more than anything else.

He was free from duty for now, free to roam the Citadel until orders were given. But Black wasn't in the mood for tourism. He had too much on his mind - whether he was going to be allowed to stay in active duty, or if they would put him on desktop duty. The thought of living a life as a pencip pusher wasn't his dream of a future career - fighting was all he had done for the most part of his life - first as a child soldier in Africa, then as a member of the Alliance Military. It was all he was good for. And it was all he wanted to do.

The nurse felt on his cybernetic arm, and asked: "How does it feel? Does it still hurt?" He looked at her and shrugged, as if he didn't care. She noticed it, and explained: "This arm is about ten times the strength of your real arm. It isn't going to prevent you from doing your job - on the contrary." He slowly clenched the fist, and grimaced as the pain struck him again. It wasn't the arm in itself, but rather phantom pain of his lost arm - the body had not yet gotten used to having a cybernetic one. It would probably last for another few days, if the doctor was right, before the body adapted to its presence.
"I'll get by." He muttered.

Suddenly, a cadette entered the med bay, and looked around. His eyes fell on Black, and he approached, moving up into attention: "Master Sergeant, sir. Your transfer orders have arrived." Black reached out and took the piece of paper the cadette held, then waved his hand for the man to leave. As he opened the orders, he looked through them and grunted.

"The Durandal, huh?" He said with surprise. It was one of the most high-tech ships in the Alliance Navy. It was an odd thing for a maimed grunt like him to be transferred to such a ship. Not that he complained, of course. He wanted nothing more than to get back to the frontlines, and once again feel the scorching heat of war burn in his face. Crumbling the paper in his right hand, he stood up, grabbed the bag with his gear and threw it over his shoulder. "I'm off." He said. "Thanks for the fix-up, nurse. And the painkillers." He added with a grunt before leaving. He ignored her protests about him needing rest, and instead, headed for the docking bays.

(OOC: I'll have him arrive at the docks in the next post, when things have calmed down a bit.)

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!