Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Journals of the Twinless Wonder

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Journals of the Twinless Wonder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Ateyui 16, Wing's Reign Year 132

I'm moving into the Warrior Academy dorms next week! I'm super excited! After the new recruits all arrive, we get to hear the First Dark speech! Can you imagine?

Of course not. You're just a journal. You're not even an electronic journal like most people can afford. Or a crystal journal like the mages keep.

But hey! I could afford you! That's the best part of you. I worked really hard to be able to scrape together enough to afford you.

The pen I'm writing in you with I admittedly swiped from the library. But hey, it was hard enough finding someone willing to pay the Twinless Wonder. That stint in jail didn't help, but how was I supposed to know that was a Dark only area. There were no signs. I was lucky Madam Gregor's Dark was willing to sponsor me so I could get out.

I hate being the Twinless Wonder!

I hate that name!

I do have a twin, I do! I just don't know her is all. But I do have a twin mark, just like everyone else, so I do have a twin. It's as simple as that!

That's why I'm going to Warrior Academy.

I'll get those stupid ten required years out the the way in no time!

Easy Peasy!

I just won't let all those jerk Darks get to me. Stupid Darks! I hope my twin is nothing like them, whoever he is. Or she.

I bet whoever he is, he won't be! After all, he is my twin, even if he is missing.

But I won't dwell on that. I can't let it get me down, or else I'll fail. And that's the one thing I can't afford.

I'll get the ten years required training out of the way, head to the Traveler's Academy and astound them all!

Once I know how to Travel, I can search all the known dimensions for my twin. Even if I have to go to every dimension out there, I will find her.

This stupid Academy will be hell.

I'll be the First Light Ever to even enter the Warrior Academy as a student.

But I can do this! No one will stop me!

I'm Hope, Light Alone, and I can do anything!

For more information on the Shapeshifters and the culture mentioned in this journal see A Place to Call Home
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Re: Journals of the Twinless Wonder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Phoyui 14, Wing's Reign 132

I hate this stupid place! Image

Darks are all assholes! Jerks who can't behave like civilized shifters if you tried! It's bad enough I have no clue what is being taught in science and math, but to have to put up with a bunch of assholes too is just too much!

I have no clue how I'm going to last. I mean, What kind of person thinks it funny when others fail? I hate this stupid school and this stupid place.

One month is enough for my tastes. But I have to go on, for my twin. Whoever she is, I have to. There's no choice.

I need my twin. Image I need him desperately. I'm going to make it through this stupid school no matter what.

Even if the instructors do hate me, and my year mates want to see me fail. I can't. I figure out stupid calculus if it kills me. And I'll get this biology stuff down.

I barely even know how to add! This is so unfair. Why don't they teach Lights these things? Don't they think we may need to know too?

Once I'm out of the Acadmy, I'll do something. Something spectacular. Whatever it is, It'll make them change the system, teach Lights and Darks the same thing! I'm only fifteen. I'm practically still a child. but I can't let that get to me.

ImageI'll be here for ten years. And I'll show these people Lights can to keep up with Darks!

Imagine what I'd be able to do If I knew anything about math or science, or history.

I guess that's why the darks are all disgusting and rude. They spent so much time learning those things there was no room for manners in their head.

My Dark will be better though. I'm going to have an amazing twin! Thirty years until the search starts! I can do this!

For more information on the Shapeshifters and the culture mentioned in this journal see A Place to Call Home

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 am

Hinyui 12 Wing's Reign 143

I graduated! That's right! I, Hope, Twinless Wonder and Light Alone graduated from the Traveler's portion of the Warrior Academy! This means, not only can I be a Traveler, I can be in the military, be a guard at the castle, or even just a regular old Guard Captain! Take that all you super lousy Darks. Take that Thunder, not believing in me!

Take you 'quit' and shoved it up where not even the Goddesses can find it! I'm the first Light EVER! to graduate from the Warrior Academy. I didn't fail a year, I passed all my classes! I did it!

At the end of the month, I move from the Warrior Dorms to the Traveler's Dorms! Do you have any clue how super awesome and amazing that is! I'm one giant step closer to finding him! I'll find him I will! No one can stop me.

I've come up with another possible name for him! Frost!

That's a good strong Dark name. It fits my twin mark too. I think it might even be it! I have a good feeling about the name Frost. A good strong feeling.

I got my bracelet today! Proof that I complete ten years. I can't wait to get my Traveler's Bracelet! Twenty years to go. That'd make me older than most shifters I know.

It's a good thing mom shifters can have so many kids. None of us seem to live very long, not on any of the hundred original planets. I hear colonist live longer!

I feel old already. Rain is mated, and has had kids. Thunder too. I have oodles and oodles and oodles of nieces and nephews. Then there's me. Nobody wants the twinless wonder. But that's okay!

I have a mission! A mission that I most definitely one hundred percent will follow and complete! I am going to find my twin! Frost is out there, somewhere, I just know it!

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Skryui 2 Wings Reign 157
I finally received my implant. They've taught us so much so far, and for the next several years we basically practice what we've learned. It's awkward, because we can no longer read, really. Well, we can, but nothing other than out native tongue. But we can speak in pretty much anything.

I don't have a sponsor (Hello lack of a Twin. Aren't we old friends.) so the school had to fund my implant. I didn't get the most recent model, but that's okay. I still have one. I have to be careful around electricity, as my model is still real sensitive. When I'm older, and have been a traveler a while, maybe I'll be able to afford the surgery for a new implant. Maybe.

It's supposed to be real dangerous, but I bet I can do it.

We'll be having our first official teleportation lesson tomorrow! But I did it tonight, while the world slept! I got to see the palace. It's so beautiful at night! Queen Wing is incredibly old, you know. She's been Queen for 157 years and is older even than that. I bet she doesn't look a day over 20.

Her true form must be huge. Our instructor said that the older the person the larger their size. We never stop growing. It must be pretty awesome, to see a super old shifter. I bet if there's a shifter out there who's a thousand years old, they're the size of a house!

Teleporting is super easy. We're going to have three years of lessons just on it, but I don't know why. I did it in one night. I have an implant now, so tomorrow I'm going to look up a nice colony planet in another dimension and try for there. It must be so beautiful.

I think my twin must be on one of the colonized planets in another dimension. I don't know, but I bet so. I hope to get assigned to the colonists after graduation. That way I may just find her. I don't know. it's pretty chancy!

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Asiyui 7 Wing's Reign 163

Right. I graduated two months ago, and finally got assigned. I won't be taking colonists out to new places. I won't even be seeing new places period. Instead, I get to perform the second check of a potential planet and scout that galaxy for other potential planets. We really only need one planet to launch off of, but it's good to have back ups, I guess.

I'll be gathering data for the colonists, and insuring that they can slid smoothly into the society that might already exist. True gold mine planets are totally raw.

But I don't get to visit the gold mine. I get to visit the bronze ones. Already inhabited, requires study. Low-tech world with no space travel. Urlo.

This is what happens to one of the best of the best, I guess. I graduated top of my class! But I'm the Twinless Wonder, so I don't get picked first. I get picked last. I'll show them. I'll do better than any other Traveler out there. I can teleport with the implant's help, but when it comes to Transporting, I'm au natural. I need nothing.

I did get issued these nifty goggles though. They protect your vision during transport. And they can store things! I got the low end ones, of course, but I'm going to save up and get the armor and the matching goggle activate helmet.

The priestess at the church says I just need to be patient and calm. That if I trust in Urlo, my patron goddess, that all will be well. My every dream will be answered, in time.

How am I supposed to trust in her huh? This is absolutely nuts. Bronze worlds, pre-discovered and boring!

Oh well. I'll explore in my spare time.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Othyui 9, Wing's Reign 170
I did something terrible. Something great, but terrible. I shouldn't have, but I know how, and dammit! Everyone I know is dead, and I needed some sort of release. So I left. I found another galaxy and earmarked twenty gold planets. Unsupervised, off the clock.

I had to share the discovery! But I can't, because Rain and Thunder are dead, and no one would believe the only Light Traveler out there could do this. But I did it! So I hacked into the system, and placed the planets there. In the field for discoverer I put Stag. There is no Traveler named Stag. I hope someone out there will get it. It's a bit obscure, but that's what I am. Stag. Solo. Alone.

But I won't let that get me! Someone out there is Flurry, my twin. I'll find her and them all will be well. If I can find twenty whole gold planets then I can find my twin! We have a bond after all, so of course I can. She's out there alive somewhere.

Maybe some obscure back planet? I don't know or care. I'm finding her!

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Eiayui 23, Wing's Reign 170
I was on the weirdest planet today. Unihabitated but with Ruins everywhere! Clearly capable of supporting life, but I can't help but wonder what shut it down before. Either way, it wasn't a charted job, so of course I entered in the information as Stag, not as Hope.

It was very cold there, however. I took a lot of teleporting to find an area where it wasn't cold. There was animal life there, non-sentient, and I can't say that I could tell how they survived, but that's proof enough for me that this place is habitable. I listed it as a Class B.

If I get assigned to explore it later, I would not be surprised. I've been doing this for longer than some of the other second touch Travelers, and I'm good enough at it, but with me, there's no telling.

There's a huge scandal of course. Who is Stag! Read one of the newspapers the other day I thought it was hilarious, but I have to be more careful now. Everyone wants to know who is discovering all these gold planets. It's not even that I mean too! I'm just good at it. Lucky.

Urlo likes me I guess. I'm certainly well blessed. I suspect Asihkan likes me too, but I don't know. Urlo is my patron though, so I'll be sure to be properly thankful for her intervention

Still no word on my twin. I think his name may be Blizzard. I've talked to a lot of the colonists that I've transported. The Lights are going to keep an eye for me. I may yet find him. One day.

He's out there somewhere! Marked with my name, however that would be marked, and looking for me! He's got to be! and I will find him, because I can do all things, especially this. Easy as can be. I just have to be patient.

I hate this search.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 pm

High Holy, Wing's Reign 200
A new year and amazing news! I get a promotion! That's right, your looking at the absolute newest and best of the Dimensional Explorers!

That's right.

Explorers.

I did it! I'm super finally a real explorer and not just a colonist transporter or a Second Touch Explorer. I get to find and discover Brand New Dimensions! Oh my Lona. This is the absolute best thing ever. I got awarded the promotion with the morning festivities, in a host of others of course. The Traveler Director handed it to me personally, and congratulated me himself! Yudha!!

This is the absolute one hundred percent best thing ever. I'll for sure find my twin now! No doubt about it. Flake is right within my grasp!

I have one itsy bitsy problem of course.

What about Stag? The search for 'him' is getting pretty intense now. The royal guard is getting into it now, citing the queen's safety. Traveling is tightly watched for that reason, after all, Hinthu bless. I can stop him entirely of course, but then they would know it was one of the recent promotions. Too obvious.

I know I shouldn't, but one of the Lights I talk to may be able to help. I don't know, but I hope so. She normally is very wise, despite being younger than me, and give excellent advice. Besides, most everyone I know is younger than me. I'm getting old.

No clue how I'm still alive. I guess my Dark is being safe too. No way she's a Warrior then. Otherwise we'd probably be long dead. They die off faster than most after all. So I'm gonna search the merchants. Maybe she's an artisan, or even just a book store seller. It's hard to die in a book store right? Nice, safe job, just waiting to be found by her twin.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 pm

Tshyui 14, Wing's Reign 221

Okay, so the Director finally decided, after a week of house arrest, on what I would do to atone for being Stag! Guess what, guess what, guess what!

I'm home free! Nothing at all!

Director Bane met with Madame Gregor and the Queen both. Between them and the council, it was decided that as I was a Traveler already, I did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever, so I'm okay! Nothing is going to be announced to the public, and I'm on restriction at work, but I can still do whatever I want!

Full implant capability was restored today, and I celebrated by traveling to Gliese 581. I'm pretty certain I have never clubbed so hard in my entire life. Geez I got back late last night absolutely off.

Though I was no where near my house. I figure even Porting to the right city was impressive at that point. I mean, wow. Walking happened on all fours, and even then I was tripping and stumbling. It just hurt less when I fell. Yay being low to the ground.

I've been given full permission to search for my twin. I even recieved a letter form THE First Dark telling me he had heard rumors of a Lightless Dark in the Alpha-7-Tau quadrant! I'm checking it out when I'm a little less hungover. Pretty sure I had like twelve Erutino Sunrises and heh. That's waaaay over my limit. But it was all worth it.

First Dark Talon rocks!

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Hinyui 2, Wing's Reign 300

I did it! I did it!

I'm the Director of the Travelers!

Take that you stupid disbelieving Darks! I did what none of you thought I could and now the only people I answer to are the Queen, the First Dark, and a Board of Advisors!

I don't actually have to listen to the Board. Not after the first ten years at least! I've been alive for over 250. I can handle another ten.

I can't wait to find my twin now! With a job like this my twin will be able to find me in no time! I won't stop looking either.

I can feel it in my bones. I'm so very close. I even know her name! It's Snowflake!

It's been ages and ages since I last wrote int his old thing. The First Dark and I are still writing letters. I get one from him about once a month. Had I a Dark, I'd think he may be courting me! He's certainly sent loving enough letters. Mostly, I think he just looks out for my sad self. I mean, it's not every day you see a Light wandering about alone. And he knows I am. He's so sweet like that.

I haven't seen him in person yet! Everyone knows if the First Dark is there, of course. But he's very nice despite that.

That's what Talon said, when I asked, though he wanted a kiss in return on my next letter. Easy peesy, pumpkin pie!

I'm super visible now, of course, so Snowflake and I will be sure to find each other soon!

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!