Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

An assortment of plots/ideas interest check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

An assortment of plots/ideas interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilli on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am

Ok so here are a few ideas I might like to try out let me know if any of them seem interesting or if you have a suggestion for any of them.

Plot 1 Fantasy

Title: The Tale of the Anti-Hero

Plot: A long time ago a boy was born to a small village on the coast of a great kingdom. Though this birth was unlike any the towns people had ever seen before. When the boy was born his small hand was clutching a tiny red crystal egg. That night a large meteor shower rained over head and all the people of the village took it as a sign of ill will. They shunned the boy and his parents. On the day of his first birthday the crystal egg cracked open and a chaos spirit child leaped out. The parents didn't know what to do. The Spirit and the Child were bonded they never left each others side. The years went past and the family lived in isolation. On the boys tenth year an angry mob appeared at his house slaughtering his parents as he hid in the closet. The child ran away to one of the nearby cities of the kingdom and began his life as a street urchin. Until he turned 16 when a great shadow fell over the land. By a series of chances this young boy who everyone thought was the villain will come to save the world.

Characters: The Boy, The chaos spirit (me) along with a group of other anti-hero's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot 2 Survival/Horror (based on Fatal Frame)

Title: ?

Plot: It is said that many years ago a small village vanished due to some terrible curse. Leaving only one survivor who had been outside the village walls when it disappeared. No one knows how or why it vanished. The survivor was a young blind/mute girl who was found on the side of the road just outside where the village should have been. Its been several years since then and the world has changed significantly. The story of the vanishing village has long been deemed a myth and the traditions of the past are all but forgotten. Though there are still a few who are called to this place and they are never heard from again.

Ideas on how it would be played: Well was thinking that it would be a sort of mystery and each of the main characters listed would have a "secret" or a piece of the puzzle that the other characters don't. So once you decided to be a character I would pm you little tidbits that your character knows maybe a sort of why you have gone looking for the village stuff like that. I have a much more detailed plot in mind but I want it to be a sort of mystery.

Characters: A young school girl (me), A reporter, Two boys (Twin brothers), A priest/priestess, maybe a few more? We would need at least a couple main ghosts and I would want to talk to those people specifically about what their ghost is in the whole story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot 3 Comedy (inspired by Chobits)

Title: Cygirls, Oh No!

Plot: A broke college student lives with his two brothers and one sister when a delivery truck shows up at his house and delivers three giant boxes and a letter. The letter simply reads "To ________, Here are the specially made prototypes you asked for. I hope they are to your liking. Signed X" Upon opening the boxes he finds there to be three brand new cygirls. Cygirls are human like robots. These girls however are slightly different they have been made to be as realistic as possible and each one has a special ability. Who sent them? Why to this college student? Why didn't his brothers get one?????

Characters: The three cygirls, The College student and his brothers and sister, The college students best friend. Any others?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot 4 fantasy/scifi/ romance 1x1

Title: the search for the perfect world

Plot: Lilli lives on a dead world that has one spiraling black residential tower surrounded by wilting gardens. Everyone in this world is apathetic. One day while walking through the gardens she finds on red rose blooming from the ground. She goes to pick it when she hears a voice behind her. She turns around to see an oddly dressed man. He tells her that rose is a dimensional rose and it is his only way off this world. He tells her of his journey in search of the perfect world. She begs him to take her along and he finally agrees. They travel through many different worlds but each one is a bit off. They spend a little time in each world and some how inspire a change in that world that makes it perfect once they leave.

Characters: Lilli (me) and the strange man

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot 5 Vampire with a twist

Title:?

Plot: Everyone knows about the vampires they have been the talk of legends for ages though no one knew that they actually exist. What they also didn't know that there was also an ancient race of people who were said to be decedents of the god Apollo. These people were said to have special blood that would allow the vampires to go out during the daylight for one day after they drank the blood. These people were nearly hunted to extinction. Often kept as slaves for a short while until the vampire got greedy and drank them dry. There is now only two of these people left (twin sisters) and though they do not know it they will be the deciding factor in a war that has been raged for eternity. You see not all vampires are evil and those who are not are trying to live as best they can on animal blood. They desire to end the vampire curse become human again. The only way to end the curse would be to kill the head vampire, which is no easy task.

Characters: the twin sisters, vampires, other people....
Please click on it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lilli
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: An assortment of plots/ideas interest check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGunslinger on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Plot #1 - nice, but the theme has been overused by every fantasy writter since Tolkien....but it can still turn out to be good if you add some sort of a twist, which is easily possible (like the chaos spirit actualy being the main villain, or the boy killing the villain and finding out he was not actualy evil....etc)

Plot #2 - This is the one I like the best. It could create some interesting interactions between the players, do to the fact each of them will know only a piece of the puzzle. I hope the mystery will be worth it if you ever make this. And I think you should.

Plot #3 - This is almost exactly the same as a plot of a hentai mange I read a few months ago, in which the guy gets 3 robot girls from his genius, robot-making, scientist uncle. The manga is called "Petit roid".

Plot #4 - "Doctor Who" ripoff. Seriously T_T

Plot #5 - Good premise, but the plot of "Kill the main badguy to lift the curse" is a little cliche. I'm sure you can make the plot more original than "kill the main vampire" thing. The rest of it is good.
Atheist I Dont Belive In God, and I'm proud if it.

"Beyond the reach of human range, a drop of hell, a touch of strange"

I do not kill with my gun;
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

End of days RP (OOC)
An idea I have for a RP, please comment

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheGunslinger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilli on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Yeah I like the second one the best as well. Its hard to come up with something that many people will be interested in but is also a bit out there. I was trying to find a middle ground with a lot of those plots also I wanted to keep them kinda open. I wasn't sure if people would like the second one because it is so structured.

Lilli
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGunslinger on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Well the Its good that its structured. Also, because the plot is hidden, and everyone knows a part of the mystery, it would create tension between the palyers, everyone wanting to know what the others know, and what it sums up to in the end. Thats why it would be interesting - the tension and complexity of it all. Atleast IMO.

TheGunslinger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilli on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm glad someone agrees. I think I will start it here in a bit. I want to get everything sorted out about the plot first.

Lilli
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm interested in some of these too, if you're going through with it, send me a pm :)

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lilli on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Lilli
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!