Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Just throwing around some ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Just throwing around some ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, these ideas for Role Plays have been floating around in my head for a while and now I've finally had a chance to type them up ^^

Ok well I have two Ideas and they both sound fun (at least to me) and I want to know what you think.

The First Idea:
This Idea is a haunted house Halloween thing that I made up.

The plot is set in modern times and there is a ancient mansion a ways off from a rather small town. For almost as long as the mansion was finish being built there was a rumor that it was huanted. The mansion was abandoned in the 1900s. Ever since then kids have snuck into the mansion on Halloween night to test their bravery. Most returned to terrified to talk, others never returned. Now, once again, five teens are ready to face the Mansion's Curse and solve the mystery once for all.

Well how does it sound? The idea was kinda based on Stephen King's 'salem's Lot. I havent finished the book, but I feel drawn the the Marsten House's idea... kinda like Ben ^^ *is shot*
Basicaly the whole RP would be the five human character's trying to survive in the Mansion while trying to kill the creature inside. Kinda a short RP idea but I have some Ideas of how to extent the story if everyone keeps interested. ^^

The Next Idea:
This idea came to me a few hours ago and I still haven't really thought up all the details.
Ok, so I was just staring at my post list, waiting for someone to post on something and I noticed my poor little Dragon Key RP was about halfway down the list ;_; then this idea struck me!:

A dragon tournament! Ok, it's kinda like this: some evil guy captured a bunch of Dragons and their partners (humans) and put them in some sort of large area with all sorts of landforms (deserts, mountains, rivers, tundras ect.) where they are supposed to fight against each other and the evil guys minions to survive while trying to escape.

I know the details are a bit shaky but hopefully you get the idea of it. I'll smooth out all the details if anyone is interested. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Just throwing around some ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I think I might be interested in the first one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm

I kinda like both.

The Top one appeals to my suspenseful side, while the bottom appeals to my fantasy/dragon side.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks for showing interest ^^ I've been wanting to set that one up for a while now if a few other people like it I'll definatly make it ^^

Edit: And thanks talisman ^^ since two people showed interest in it I think I'll start working on it (I only need five people for it)

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm

The first one sounds cool, but what sort of "creature" did you plan on having in the house?

I figure the dragon tournament could survive longer if it was a voluntary battle tournament, instead of forced. While "bad guy traps all your characters" looks good on paper, I often watch such RPs deteriorate into long spells of two characters bouncing off each other, romance, and general not-fighting-the-bad-guy-ness. So unless you plan on being a really strict GM, I'd stay away from that. (Unless, of course, your experience has been different... *shrugs*) Either way, I'd be cool with an RP like that, just so long as the dragon-human relationship is easily explainable. Somehow, the idea of dragons willingly getting all buddy-buddy with humans (even one particular human) is a little weird to me. Mind, my dragons are usually imagined as intelligent as humans, not so much like easily trainable animals (dogs, horses, etc.).
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Well, first the creature I was planning to use is a sort of demon, summoned by the owner of the house before he passed away. The demon is like the care-taker of the mansion, he'll scare off trespassers and kill those who vandalize anything on the grounds. I drew up a picture of him about a week ago: http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/ ... rai_RP.jpg I was kinda on a Neko-Jason spazem and after I drew him I thought he'd be good to use in a rp ^^;

And you're probably right about them actually be willing to fight. I still haven't thought up all the detales so that might be changed. And as for the relationship between the dragons and humans, I was thinking of a kinda Eragon thing. Where the dragon would only hatch after a human they like or feel a conection to touches the egg.

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaytayy Emm on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Ooh, that creature is sooooooo scary. Joking. It sounds really awesome.

Kaytayy Emm
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RikakuxImashi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:35 am

I am interested in both of the ideas... The top on kinda sounds like a twisted Scooby Doo thing, while the other leaves more leeway for fresh ideas. Count me in.
Image Image Image
Click on one of them

RikakuxImashi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 am

Rikaku, why are you posting??? You're sitting right next to me! >.< Can't you just say it to me directly... its not like our teacher has told us to shut up yet XD
And the thought of Scooby Doo never came to my mind... not once... its weird though... -_-;

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RikakuxImashi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 am

Yes that is correct... but wouldn't it be weird that all we're talking about is RolePlaying and not our work.... the teacher would get suspicious and walk over.XD And besides...I like this way better...<.>

RikakuxImashi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KuraiRyuu on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:46 am

And in class all we do is talk about manga and my drawings and she never walked over once! >.> and we could just minimize the screen or X out... I'm starting to question why I'm still typing and not just saying this to you XD

KuraiRyuu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RikakuxImashi on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:53 am

WEEELLL....ok that's all you had to say.>.< yeesh I guess XD

RikakuxImashi
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

You kids and your classes.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!