Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lore Of Myth*god game*

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Lore Of Myth*god game*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSource on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 pm

This game is similar to the God Game that's been going on for a really long time. It's based on some new concepts though. Here is what the character concept is like.
CharacterName:Don't just copy down a deity from real world mythology or even fictional ones.
Purview: What you are the "god" of. You start with only one Purview, at level 1. (More explanation on Purview levels later.)
Civilization Influence: Civilization influence is the people most likely to follow you. I use real world civilizations, but you don't have to. When you put down your civilization, PM me and explain about them.
Symbol: You need to build a symbol and put it on a new world that you want to go to.
Skills and PowersYou choose two of these in the beginning from a list.
[spoiler]Mysticism: Mysticism is either changing and modifying your spells or specific types of magic that your character specializes in.
Combat Expertise: Melee, Ranged, Rage(Feral, berserker fighting)
Craftmanship: You can make objects of very master quality. You can take this twice. If you take it twice, you can make Greater Artifacts. PM me when you want a Greater Artifact. In addition, you are better at teaching your people how to make things.
Reality Alteration: Psychic alteration or Illusion alteration
Natural Affinity: Animal powers based on specific animals. You can shape change into these as well.
Heart Of The Land: You are connected to the land and nature.. This gives you the ability to become supported by the natural area around you.
Elemental Affinity: Fire, Earth, Wind, Water
Elemental Purity: Taking elemental purity bars you from taking another element, but it allows you to gain greater control over the element as well as Special Qualities based on that element.
Great Maker: This allows you construct massive projects in a much faster time slot. In addition, you can teach your people to become master architects and engineers more easily.
Athleticism/Endurance/Physical Strength This is self-explanatory. You can hit harder, and are more athletic, etcetera.

Here is an example character:

Character Name: Empyron
Purview: Supreme
Civilization Influence: All
Skills and powers: Many
Symbol: A Metallic Rod

Empryon is the NPC who unofficially leads the PC's. Empyron has a mysterious purpose and he has much knowledge that the PCs can ask fo him to share. Empyron has the abilty to create on a massive scale.

Purview Levels: Every Purview you have has a level to it, which you can increase. You can gain new Purviews too. Both the level of your purviews and number of your purviews determine how powerful you are.

Act System: The Act System is how game turns advance
Everyone is given 4 Major Acts and 4 Minor Acts per turn in order to do certain actions.

With Major acts you can:
Create an artifact
Learn an ability from the list 1 time per turn
Create a race of monsters
Improve a Purview or gain another Purview (you must perform another act, either minor or major, in order to do this.)
Create one single, very powerful being. (You can use a minor act to provide it with a mate.)

With 2 Major acts you can:
Create a massive project. With Projects (which are usually wonders of architecture) you gain 2 Purview points you can use to gain 1 extra Purview point, 1 extra Purview, or 2 extra Purview Points for one Purview.
Create an entire race to become a civilization.

With 3 Major acts you can:
Begat/Create a lesser "god" than you

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSource
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Lore Of Myth*god game*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Call me in! This seems so different then most roleplays I've been in! Ooberly, awesome idea dude! But one question: If the roleplay continues over a moderately, or possibly even a mild period of time, how can new players who, naturally aren't going to be nearly as powerful as those veterans of this soon to be thread, confiscate for a much lower Purview Level?

In concern with posts: What if some players are more active than others in terms of number of posts per day rather than the quality of their posts? I’ll try to remain as active as possible, but with collage and a belt test coming up in the martial arts studio I attend coming up Friday, at most the number of posts I can make per day is possibly between one too four. Five if I’m lucky. And could you please go into more detail about Reality Alteration?

Just some questions I'd like to throw out there. And I thank you in advance if you could possibly answer these questions.

Character Name: Twilight: God of Moral Law
Civilization Influence: Mostly Confuciusts, Mayans, and Celtics.
Symbol: Black Sun and White Moon.
Skills and Powers: Pending
Combat Expertise: Close Range.
Craftsmanship: Pending
Reality Alteration: Pending
Natural Affinity: Usually a White Tiger during daytime, while at night a Black Gorilla.
Heart Of The Land: During the hours of day he is best supported by the forces of plantations while night, the animals around him.
Elemental Affinity: Fire During daytime. Water during Night.
Elemental Purity: Invalid
Great Maker: Pending
Athleticism/Endurance/Physical Strength: Pending
“A writer of the creative art who writes with skill alone is not a novelist in my eyes. An author who writes with such a passion as to influence the reader and that same reader the world, he or she has earned my respect to rest as an elite amongst the titans of pen onto paper. An author who can do both: A god amongst the artisan of written word."

Joshua Dawn

1990-Present.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years

Re: Lore Of Myth*god game*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSource on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Players start with 4 Major Acts and 4 Minor Acts to use per week. They can't go over unless otherwise specified. So the number of times you can post every day need only be once or twice.
Reality alteration are powers like telepathy, mental powers or illusion. Magneto's power over magnetism is reality alteration.

TheSource
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!