Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless {poking for interest}

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless {poking for interest}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Heartless are creatures without Hearts.
Nobodies are creatures without Emotion.
Enter the Soulless- beasts without Souls.

Two hundred years have passed since Sora brought about the downfall of Organization XIII and peace has remained in his wake. However, as this is a world filled with darkness as well as light, evil has found a new outlet in a new breed of creature: the Soulless. These creatures are not like the darkness before them. They are as clever as Nobodies, yet as vicious and violent as Heartless. They feed off others, often consuming a victim whole or in pieces. They care not what their prey is- Nobody, Heartless, Human, other Soulless- just that they, at their last moments of life, feel the emotion that they themselves portray. Fear, Anger, Hatred, Compassion, Fatigue, Despair... each of these emotions are their own breed of Soulless and each of these Soulless inflict this emotion upon others. The Soulless- being intelligent- have created their own cluster of high-ranking beasts known as the Society. Xikta- a monster of a woman- leads the Society in a quest to consume all worlds with the Soulless' power, hoping to keep each of these worlds under her thumb. Yet the light has not abandoned the strong hearts of the Worlds. The Keybearer is reborn somewhere in the universe. He- or she- must take up arms against the Society and bring balance to the Worlds once more.

The basics of this Roleplay are simple enough. Similar to taking on the Organization- the Keybearer must fight the Society to crush the Soulless' influence in the Worlds. However, the Soulless are a greater adversary than any other creature of darkness. He/She will need a strong support team if he/she plans to defeat Xikta and her underlings.
The Soulless look like Heartless with some minor differences:
    1) Red scarring is often seen across the weaker Soulless' black skin
    2) Soulless tend to look humanoid
    3) Soulless consume their victims- usually alive and screaming
The most common breed of Soulless is fear, the least are generally positive emotions such as compassion or joy. Soulless inflict emotions based on proximity, the stronger the Soulless, the wider the radius and the easier they find it to manipulate or suppress this ability. The Society members tend to have an element that they can manipulate as well- as did the Organization of Nobodies.

Other things:
    -This RP will be more violent than its counterpart- the Kingdom Hearts series. The Soulless consume- meaning eat- people. Expect Non-Disney Worlds as well. Not everything will be so sun-shiny and happy.
    -A lot of characters is REQUIRED to keep this RP alive. I have ten Society members that I may use at my disposal, but I'd prefer it if I had enough people to roleplay with.
    -Not everyone gets a Keyblade thankyouverymuch. Society members shouldn't get them, nor should Nobodies nor should the ice cream man down the street. I'll allow TWO Keybearers- if that. One male, one female, if you please.
    -The Cannons are no longer alive, although descendants are more than welcome. No man-babies. The Organization was made up of Nobodies- they don't feel emotion {including lust}, so none of that. Be mature, people- and not in the dirty way.
    -I require mild literacy.
    A bad post:
    "Sora hit the Heartless with his Keyblade and it died. He turned to Donald and smiled. 'That was easy.'"

A better post:
    "Summoning his Keyblade, Sora lept into action, bracing his yellow sneakers against the ground. He slid beneath the Shadow, a simple creature to handle on its own, and struck it hard across the middle. It recoiled, shuddered, and as the final wisps of smoke from its being drifted away into the moonlight, Sora smiled at his companion. 'That was easy.' He mused, grinning foolishly at the short, white-feathered duck."

Only more so... I expect at least one paragraph, but I'd love to see more than that.

Gripes:
    -Yes, Xikta is a very old character that is loosely based off 'Kita'- my alter ego. She has developed into her own character, thank you. I've managed to keep her together as her own character for quite some time so don't complain. I haven't bothered renaming her because... I'm lazy. Leave it alone.
    -Yes, the Soulless inflict emotion upon others. Go easy on this. It takes skill to RP a Soulless without Power-Playing, I trust you to take on this challenge with maturity.
    -Don't bash my plotline. I'll hate you for it.
    -Soulless KILL things. If your characters wouldn't survive under normal circumstances they might {and probably will} die. Restoration of the lost characters and Worlds will show up later in the RP, but try to make things believable.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to seeing how much attention this manages to gather. -bow-
"Emergency joke: Two guys... walked into a pub... and they completely redecorated it, it was brilliant ~Eddie Izzard"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Kingdom Hearts, Rise of the Soulless {poking for interest}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 pm

A more violent version of Kingdom Hearts without DIsney characters? Now this I can get used to *hehehe* Ok then, so just to check if I got it right. You can be a warrior of light, or whatever you might call it, or a Society member?
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

That's right. You may be a Nobody or Soulless if you wish, but they are low on the priority list. The Society needs maybe three members or so at the very least and I expect the Keybearer's allies to number somewhere between three and five. I can handle minor characters- such as King Mickey the Third, Mitsis the Wise, and various other key players that only show up periodically. Neutral characters are always welcome, but also low on the priority list.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 pm

ok then, what are the requirments for being a socity member then?

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Soulless spawn by splitting once they've eaten enough. The new Soulless represents the strongest emotions consumed. As a Society Member, the particular emotion is especially strong. Xikta is the embodiment of Hatred, her underling Raxsa is the embodiment of fury, and so on and so on. It doesn't matter what you once were, because a Soulless may be a combination of many lives.
What is required is simply thus:
-an emotion that the Society member represents; this not only allows you to inflict that emotion upon others, but to call similar Soulless to your aid
-a weapon of some form, be it claws, fang, blade, or bullet
-an element or special ability unique to your Society member. Xikta only selects the strongest to be part of the Society.
-a mild loyalty or willingness to do as Xikta commands. The numerical order of the Society is based upon how much she trusts that Soulless, although you may not like or respect Xikta at all if you so choose. Yet she's still in charge, regardless if the other members are stronger or smarter than her. {a civil war may be an interesting twist to the Soulless regime... -ponder-}
-The Society's uniform- although it is not the same for everyone, the majority of the Society's color scheme is white {unlike the Organization who had black robes} black and other colors may be included at your discretion, so long as you do not have purple- as that is a symbol of royalty, which Xikta has claimed for herself.

Other than that, you are free to do as you wish with the character. Perhaps they have flashes of the lives they were created from or basic personality traits- though Soulless usually only reflect the emotion they represent, they do have a small range of other 'human' emotions. Perhaps you have red scarring, as the lesser Soulless do. Perhaps you have some Heartless qualities to you. It's all up to you from there.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm

ok, sounds very good. Already got a good character idea for him. But a question....what about a character that is abit twisted in the emotion department. Like one with maybe a chaotic swirl of two emotions, making him a member that is loyal sometimes, but then can turn his back on you.

Just thought about that since the souless cosume emotion, what would happen if different emotions were evenly mixed.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

That is completely valid and I actually wondered if anyone would ask about that. ^^ Feel free to use any combination of emotions, as well as strange emotions- such as discombobulation. Soulless not only consume humans- which are a strange mix of emotions in themselves, but Heartless, Nobodies, and other Soulless, often giving them strange properties. {Society members usually don't eat other Soulless since they can command them.} The Abominations- which will show up later- are Soulless that devoured souls from the Underworld and have mutated due to feasting on things they lack.

I will make an official OOC board with the character sheet and such after three or four days of bumping for interest. If we get a couple more people to throw their hats into the ring, I'll get the IC thread up and running. Feel free to prepare any sort of character information beforehand.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 pm

ok then...OH, I got a good character idea that can probably work for your little twist idea you mentioned. A member that only shows one emotion, but has another emotion hidden from the others. Then when the time is right....you get the idea right?..hehehe

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

-nod- Nice. I do like that. ^^ I hope we collect some more interest. Oh, and feel free to have as many characters as you deem necessary. More characters means more extendability. And also don't hesitate to suggest a World to visit or have available to visit. Interaction with the natives could add some interesting twists and depth to the roleplay.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FreeHat on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Nice, I'm in. I'll play as a Soulless, don't mind me for asking idiotically though, what do the generic Soulless look like? Are they humanoid, or more facing the heartless side?
"In the end there can only be one."
Current Epic Roleplays

FreeHat
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Ah, generic lesser Soulless differ as much as Heartless do. Some may appear animalistic while others may be indistinguishable from humans. Usually they're bipedal or have some form of 'upright' mobility. I have a couple examples or lower-level Soulless, but they have no true set appearance.

ImageImage

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 pm

oooooo, nice example. I'd love to control one of those XP

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Thanks. ^^ They're not particularly good, just something I threw together quickly one day. I'm a fan of long hair, can't you tell? ^^;

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

I'm in! I've been watching this thread and I think I'll LOVE it! I'd like to be a Society member.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Great! -chalks another down for the Society- Usually when I run this plotline, you get six billion people trying to be Nobodies or the Keybearer and no one bothers with the Society and I have to pick up the slack. -sigh- But Society-wise, everything's been going smoothly. I'm also well-prepared to pick up slack on the other end as well. I have a Keybearer, a spell-caster, and a defender all ready to go. ^^; It might seem that I'm overly prepared, but this was supposed to be a full out doujin, I just suck at drawing consistently. I got three chapters sketched and couldn't continue. -sigh- So, it has been reduced to a roleplay... not that I actually mind that at all, though.

Feel free to take as many characters as you'd like. Minor characters are always welcome and new worlds are too.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Sweet. Also, can we create our Soulless? Like I want my person to be "Depression" and control it so could I just describe what one looked like and just control a group of them?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Yup! Have at it! As I said before, the Soulless have no set appearance. So long as it's got the basics of a lesser Soulless {looks a bit like a Heartless, might move like a Nobody, has red scarring, etc.} it's valid. I'm giving you guys full freedom with character design, world design, and creature design, so long as the mechanics work the same. ^^

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

All right! When's the OOC up?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:22 am

Monday at the latest. We'll see how many we can fish out over the weekend and then we'll get things started Monday.

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Hey got an idea, put me up for a society member and a keyblader or warrior.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!