Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Fairy School RP?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fairy School RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 pm

So I was thinking it would be fun to do an RP of a school for young fairies. Teenaged, I suppose. I don't know if it would be for guys and girls, or just girls. I think maybe it would be a five-year school, but if you guys think that might be too much, let me know. As for what they would be accomplishing, I was thinking a group of four to seven of the characters could be new first year students, trying to learn what their specific powers were. There would be characters that are not friendly to them, probably older, or just, you know, whatever. Opposites.
It needs some work, I know, but the idea just occurred to me and it seemed like it would be fun. Oh, and when I searched the site, I couldn't find any like it. So it would be different, yes?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mibykurl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Fairy School RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:37 pm

A fairy school...Winx Club? XD I know it just happens to have the same basic theme, but if you made it co-ed and have them all come to the school and learn their element over time them there'd be enough of a difference to where it might work. I recommend you go Paul-Dragonkeeper Wizard style with the elements: the powers manifest in multiple ways-though when their emotions are high, their instinctual spells hint at their true element. And the powers can even grow in strength, but the wizard, or fairy in this case, won't know for sure when their power is until it begins to manifest in their physical appearance in some way. Examples from the books I referenced earlier include: (these all occur when the wizard stays idle for too long- when they're awake, of course)

Swamp/Marsh Wizard- animals and various creatures scurry about their form. This particular
wizard had a beard, so it wasn't uncommon to see a squirrel in their beard or something.

Lake wizard- a puddle would form at his feet

light wizard- she would glow, and the glow would intensify with the length of time she stayed idle.

This sort of thing could easily be transposed to work for fairies and would make this roleplay differentiate from the Winx Club.

I'll be tracking this- it sounds cool.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

yeah, I thought it was a little winx-y too. But I was thinking that maybe making it kinda like what you were talking about. I'm not so sure about the physical manifestations being that obvious. I did want to allow people to chose what their elements or powers were. They could be anything, water, light, darkness, heck, even art! But no transformations. Just the ability to contract and retract their wings or something.

I think I would chose air or something. I don't know why, I just think that would be fun!

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Well, they wouldn't have to be so extreme, but they could simply shown in the appearance of their wings- or even simpler, a mark on their body. But if you dun like it, whatever. I've got a charrie I wanna use. Boy, she hasn't been active for four years!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:09 pm

I like the idea of a mark, and the wings. I actually really liked those! And I wouldn't mind some simple stuff, but maybe not a live-in beard squirrel... ^_^

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxlind on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 pm

i like the idea too, so keep me clued in if this is a guy-girl thing
This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune - often the surfeit of our own behavior - we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars; as if we were villains by necessity, fools by heavenly compulsion, knaves, thieves, and treachers by spherical predominance,drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforced obedience of planetary influence.

~William Shakespeare

Toxlind
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I think it should be. All girl schools can get boring after awhile, and I don't know about having another school just for guys. Plus, that would be very different!!!

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hakoto on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 am

I haven't had a good rp in awhile, hope this turns out good. Seems to be fine, just what kinda magic are we talking about here?

Hakoto
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 pm

oh, elemental, or really just about anything. I'm not picky. As long as you can make it work, it's good!

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxlind on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 pm

just tell me when the place is ready for profiles to be posted

Toxlind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:45 pm

So, for the age of the first year characters I was thinking maybe thirteen or fourteen, so they aren't so young, but not too old to be beginning school either. I think that they should not know about being fairies until after they get a letter inviting them to the school, and then they each have a different time in which they find out what their powers are. Does that sound okay?

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxlind on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:37 pm

sounds cool, but what happens when they find out their powers? do they go into a trance? do they get a sudden burst of their power? perhaps my favourite would be that they each expirence it differently, such as some could go into trances,others would just use it as soon as need be, and still other may have even more creative ways then i...

Toxlind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:04 pm

I'm thinking it would come to them either in a time of great need, or of great mental clarity. The time of great need would be a sudden burst, and the mental clarity would be like a trance, or deep meditation. But if others have more creative ideas, I'm so up for hearing them!

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:31 pm

I think the acquisition of powers should vary according to power. It would mix it up a bit; however, it would probably still come during a time of intense emotion. Lemme try to think of an example.
Uhh...Electricity based: They've just watched a scary movie before bed with their buddies (these things are always conveniently placed for a reason XD) because they all thought it'd be fun to watch one during a thunderstorm. So, the character goes to sleep, meanwhile the storm only gets worse. Soon the thunder begins to coincide with their restless sleep and their jolted awake by fear. During this jolt, they cause a power surge within the building that causes several fuses to burn out. XD

And that's just the first one I thought of. :P

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxlind on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:24 pm

like it is different for everyone, i like that idea

Toxlind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Well, I really like where this is going! I think that as long as someone can make it work, any way of discovering their powers will be good. Does anyone have any other ideas, or questions? Or do you think we should start it going?

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hakoto on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:30 am

YESYESYESYES, START IT!

Hakoto
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mibykurl on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:51 am

Okay, I started it!

the-fairies-forrow-hill-t31764.html

I can't wait to see all the characters you guys come up with!

mibykurl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anything14 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Is it still possible for me to join?

anything14
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!