Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Mestari (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Mestari (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Mestari - Finnish for 'master'

The Mestari - A group of the most powerful weilders of their element or power.

Believe it or not but this is going to be a Kingdom Hearts RP. What I am doing is stearing clear of the string of the same thing over and over again. Namely; a bunch of kids get a keyblade and have to travel off some variety of tropical island in order to defeat evil. How many of those have we got? Enough to fill a skip I'm sure. I'm not saying that their all bad but I thought I'd do something a little...different.

A basic plot is that The New Mestari have been together for around...three years, lets say. They've been able to make friends and get to know about each other. Then, something from out of the distance approaches. Its a man. His face is covered in black blotches from where he's been crying black tears. He hands the Mestari a letter before collapsing and passing out from the agony. It simply said:

Abyss is waiting.

Sound good? Great! A couple of things.

- I haven't decided on when this is set, but either way, I don't want characters to have family conections to cannon characters. Everyone does it amd they really seem like fleshed out characters to me. Sorry, that's how I feel.

- While I am perfectly happy to play the villian as well as one of the Mestari, more than one couldn't hurt. Go on! Evil's fun! Go over the top and tell the goddies their all pathetic insects then smash all their toys then kick them in the teeth. Its therapeutic.

- Key Bearer's are probably going to be around whenever we decide to place this but remember where the focus is.

- There is an excelent chance that your character will be killed, especially for The Mestari. Just go with it. You can allways come back with another character. I won't give away the details of the 'deaths' untill the first one.

- I'm going to say only one Mestari character each but there really shouldn't be a limit on them. Just that there is only one Mestari of each element. I am more than happy for you to bring in extra characters outside the Mestari.

I think thats it. Any questions?

If your interested PLEASE say so. I hate it when people look but don't say anything.
Last edited by Tyro on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Mestari (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby False Hope on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm

I really don't understand what you mean by the definition of The Mestari, like is it elements as in earth, wind, water, fire? And, everyone is going to die...or just Mestari? I'm slightly confused with the plot, to be honest and...not trying to be rude. Though I do like Kingdom Hearts...but I don't understand where this is all going.
Hope Will Never Be Silent.
-Harvey Milk-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

False Hope
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:34 pm

I tried to branch it out but it simply means the MOST powerful in their field of Magic or Ability. Any element or ability or power you can think of really. They only except the most powerful.

For example, seeing as I seem to have failed to make it any clearer: The most powerful creature of fire. He would be able to create more flames than anyone else and would be able to make them reach temperatures that no-one else could.

About the direction, I kind of deliberately kept it a little mysterious for effect. I tend to write like that quite often. Its called 'intrigue'.

The Mestari will be the targets of a main Antagonist but it depend on events as to whether everyone dies. Its a Kingdom Hearts RP by being set in the same places and that they have called Key Bearers to back them up. It could easilly be set in Final Fantasy or as a stand alone thing. I don't mind.

In terms of plot, I was intending to have something dark and nasty attempting to pick off the Mestari, one by one. They would have to run, attempting to defend themselves against a manic enemy, I feel I have a good antagonist in my head.

But, this isn't set in stone. I like people to chip in ideas.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby False Hope on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Oooohhh I see. I'm interested. ^^

False Hope
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorando on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:40 am

Not positive I'll join(Talked myself into it), but I'll try working up a character for it... probably just finish the shadow assassin character I've been working on... besides it might be fun to test out an assassin that uses stealth, basic magic, and physical weapons against heavy magic users.

I've got most of the character made up already... it isn't highly skilled in any area (wide range of abilities, thus less skill in most areas) but "persistent" doesn't come close to being a strong enough word to describe it...
ImageFeed Me! The strength of magic is Will, and the strength of Will comes from Belief. Never doubt that magic is real, for in doubt lies weakness.

Lorando
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!