Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

"Yggdrasil" [Possible Fantasy RP]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: "Yggdrasil" [Possible Fantasy RP]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:51 am

What? Oh no, not that part, and not snooty at all. Just forget about it. T'was in jest!
The quality of my posts is inversely proportional to the number of role-plays I am currently in, which is 1.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 am

Will do, although I mostly wondered if I should copy them to some post on the first page of the thread, so that they're found easier?

Forum_Stalker; Ah, ok ;) I'm working on the "general" description right now, although it's mainly just altering and adding things to the introduction I got written down in the original post. It feels like it's going awfully slow, too, since I'm not very fluid in english (Or at least when it comes to this). I use three quarters of my time to look up words and figure out how I'm supposed to formulate a sentence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lillian Jade on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

FiskMunk wrote:Eastep & Sibrand; Myself, I just based it loosely on a couple of things from Norse mythology, with names and such - Like the capital city of Midgàrd, which alludes to the realm of humans. And I believe Jàrnheim to mean "Home of Iron", although it might be a crude translation.
I'm not sure what you people want, but I mentioned that I myself would prefer a more discreet approach to magic and otherwordly things. So if there was to be an [I]underworld[/] of sorts, I wouldn't mind a system of tunnels - How about a huge, HUGE mine, perhaps located beneath Silfèrfell?

Lillian; It's nice to see people that are interested, but it would be great if you put a lot more work into your description, unless that's a draft. I might be new to roleplaying, but at least I have some comprehension of writing. I think... I hope. Oh well, at least you can bask in my own awesomeness.

Also, that description got me thinking about the setting in general: Should we go with "medieval"? No guns, and such?

thank you. what do you mean despriction, you gave for a description of the char. if you mean personality then i can add more to it, because expect that i dont know what else you would mean.

and with the sense of the no guns. if im not mistaken if this rp is going to have dwarves, in medevil sense, the dwarves are the ones who introduced the guns, cause of their strong use of techonolgy. so i say if we are going to go with the sense of medevil with dwarves then guns should be allowed. this is just me speaking from experince of playing D&D and having a strong knowlegde of all things medevil.

if it is decided that we stilldont use guns, then might i ask, instead of guns, could i replace them with mini crossbows? i will get rid of the handcannon and change the rifle for a longbow, and will keep the double daggers.

Lillian Jade
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 pm

thank you. what do you mean despriction, you gave for a description of the char. if you mean personality then i can add more to it, because expect that i dont know what else you would mean.

and with the sense of the no guns. if im not mistaken if this rp is going to have dwarves, in medevil sense, the dwarves are the ones who introduced the guns, cause of their strong use of techonolgy. so i say if we are going to go with the sense of medevil with dwarves then guns should be allowed. this is just me speaking from experince of playing D&D and having a strong knowlegde of all things medevil.

if it is decided that we stilldont use guns, then might i ask, instead of guns, could i replace them with mini crossbows? i will get rid of the handcannon and change the rifle for a longbow, and will keep the double daggers.

Yet, you don't see any Guns in Lord of the Rings, do you? You could now say that that's not medevil, but Stories with dwarfs and Elves in it is more of a Fantasy than a medevil. ;)

And I have to say yes to your question. you can have mini crossbows, but where would you have them? Under your cloths at the end of your arms?

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lillian Jade on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:19 pm

besides the expection of lord of the rings, everything type of RP i have played or read that has dwarves in it refrences their strenght of techonolgy, and the fact that they introduced the guns, thats why i am asking why i cant use my guns.

where i would place them, i still dont have any idea, i am still thinking of that.

Lillian Jade
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 am

'Medieval', ladies and gentlemen, have a care for those pesky typos. Create confusion, they will.

A medieval fantasy is akin in the Middle Ages era, when gunpowder technology was in its infancy. Not just Tolkien's subcreation but other fantasy universes normally have no handheld guns, and in the rare case, big cannons that count as siege weaponry, like this:

The inclusion of guns in a fantasy of swords and sorcery is a historical fallacy and an anachronism. The cultural impact, followed by trade of technology, would not only render the current use of bow and arrow and cavalry obsolete, but also alter the course of history into one more similar to the Victorian Era (not medieval). I never said it's not plausible, but it would take a lot more than inexplicable mentioning of one being in possession of it to justify its existence in a medieval fantasy world.

Am I being clear, or do I just appear to be ranting piffle?

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 am

Reserved for pending CS, to cover up for a double-post mistake.

And here it is.

Name
Shannoth, daughter of Azathoth

Race
Dwarf

Profession
Noblewoman, an artisan patron

Height
4'8''

Weight
90 lbs

Personality
The dwarves adhere to a very true saying: 'big things come in small packages.' In Shannoth's case, it's a package of volcanic rage, limitless enthusiasm, and an unhealthy share of trust issues towards strangers, but the more invested can see past that facade of emotional distance to find a little girl who's lost her way. Her fierce independence tends to keep people at arm's length so she can swing Ishlendil on them the second they 'inevitably' turn on her.

Short Bio
Being the sole child of the esteemed Captain of the Guard Azathoth meant there were expectations to be met. Even when she was young, Shannoth was faced with the pressure of following in her father's footsteps, and she took to it with plentiful bounds. No doubt the warrior's blood was in her, for in her childhood she developed a fascination with the swift movement of the blade, the inexorable forge of the steel, and the bedtime stories of heroic-fairy-romance told by her father.

While she did inherit the status of a noblewoman from her mother, and was thus taught the mandatory ladylike traditions and etiquette of their race, Shannoth longed for a warrior's glory, and suffered greatly from wanderlust. At the tender age of twenty-four, when dwarven females were mostly cast away to arranged marriages, Shannoth had been given the right to boast of her first victory in the gladiator ring, after dueling and defeating a mercenary dwarf from the warrior caste. Unlikely as it was, judging by the huge margin in experience and skill, Shannoth managed to fell her greater opponent with a deadly combination of wit, guile, and spunk.

Her combat prowess drew eyes from many places, including the shadowy corners of Jarnheim, where the casteless and the criminals of their people stalked. Shannoth, at such a maturity then, didn't know what to think of this new friendship she had kindled with these people. She suspected no hidden intention, no ruse from them, perhaps because she had been blinded by desperation after remaining lonely for most of her years, and she longed for companions regardless of origin. To cut a long story short, she fell into the wrong crowd, and by the blessing of the ancestors, her integrity remained mostly intact, but she was ultimately deceived. It was that moment after she foolishly granted them access to her home, gave them knowledge of her family, that her careless place of trust was finally punished. She returned one day after an alleged visit to the tavern with her friends to find her home ransacked, and her mother sprawled in a pool of her own blood. Azathoth died the next day out of heartbreak, and as dwarven law dictated, orphans were to be declared casteless, and banished from the mountain stronghold to the surface.

That was four years ago. The Shannoth now has changed, hardened by trauma and refined by mettle. Yet she struggles for a new identity to replace the one she left at Jarnheim, a new purpose in life. But four years is a long time, too long to let hope linger, and deep inside she knows the truth that haunts every waking moment of her life: there is nothing left for her here.

Weapons
Ishlendil
An heirloom bequeathed from Azathoth, Shannoth's father. A five-feet long broadsword forged from the smiths of Vainur, wrought from the purest metal of Jarnheim's mountain, and carved with glittering mystical runes, smooth and polished as glass, yet strong and durable as tempered steel. It has served Azathoth many years as his blade of choice and tasted the blood of countless vanquished, and unsheathed by his side, could slice through thick iron like it was butter. Now Shannoth will continue in her father's stead as the worthy wielder of this legendary weapon.
Last edited by Forum_Stalker on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 am

Forum_Stalker wrote:Am I being clear, or do I just appear to be ranting piffle?

Both, in my opinion. And it's so awesome, Chuck Norris would salute you.

And your character is a great read - You have a wonderful way with words!

I'm pretty much done with the OOC-thread, I think. Although, it would be nice if one of you people with more experience could "grade" it in some way before I post it :P I also need to finish up my character, which appears a bit choppy to read about. Hopefully I'll learn to change that, with linguists and grammarians like yourself around 'ere ;D

And, did you draw that picture? Nice work, if you did.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 am

I like the bio and everything, but don't you think she's kinda young, for a dwarf that is? They have a life-span of 250 years. But it's your choice ;)

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:38 am

Perhaps they go through puberty and all that at the same rate as humans, but age at a much slower rate apart from that?
I would also discourage most people to create characters if they're uncertain about something, since the full description isn't up yet - Would perhaps save you time, since you possibly could be forced to change a bunch of stuff afterwards.
Although, if you keep it fairly realistic (As realistic as it possibly could get <__< Which means, no dragon-hybrids that shoot laser out of their elbows and similar) I don't think there would be a need for that. Details are a bit fuzzy on purpose, so that you might get some degree of freedom.

It probably won't work out, but meh.

Also, I can't reach the computer where I've stored everything I've written so far, so I'll probably get on with the rest in a few hours.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 am

Age changed. Shannoth is now 28.

That masterpiece is not my drawing, though I aspire to draw like that artist one day. Nay, the person is 'aimo mohd', local art heroine in my parts. I took it from her livejournal. I also insist you check her out. She's got skill. http://aimo.deviantart.com/ She's developed a certain fondness with Dragon Age lately, but you'll find out soon enough.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:24 am

I skimmed through a couple of drawings and pages - Nice.

Oh well, I'm done with some kind of backround/personality mix of my character. Now I'll just write about his appearance.
Last edited by FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derotzka on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Right I guess I had better post my Character then.

Name: Harzhan
Race: Half-Human, Other half unknown
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 168lbs

History: When Harzhan was born, his Father had already left his Mother, and as if to add insult to injury, his Mother died in childbirth. He was abandoned by his fellow Humans for an unknown reason and they gave him to the Dwarves. The Dwarves also saw something strange in the child and cast him down into the depths of the tunnels below Jàrnheim. Down there, creatures secretly brought him up, sending him food and water, but never showing them to him in any decent light, they also named Harzhan since he was never given a name. This hardened Harzhan up and left him bitter toward the Humans and also the Dwarves. After spending a large indeterminable amount of time in the caverns he learnt survival skills from the creatures, how to hunt for food and how to stay alive. One day, when he was deemed old enough by his surrogate parents, he wandered out into Jàrnheim. He would travel at night since his eyes had not yet adjusted to sunlight. His time in the tunnel made him an expert at night hunting as he could see clearly in darkness, but not so well during the day. After about a year above surface he had already sold his services to many Elves as a mercenary to fight against the people he felt had betrayed him. He currently resides in the forests surrounding Darás.

Appearance: Harzhan is an odd thing to behold. He is distinctly human but with an air of something else around him. His eyes are pale white and pupil-less. His hair is unbelievably long and prematurely grey due to his time underground. His skin is as white as a sheet. His normal clothes are standard Elven design as he spends most of his time with them now. He has bizarre markings on his right arm and across his back, which have been there since birth.

Personality: He generally is quiet and solemn, becoming the very epitome of serious. He takes no pleasure in battle as he feels it is more of a duty and a chore. He has never been seen smiling or laughing. He despises and hates Humans and Dwarves, as he believes it is their fault for the way he has turned out. He greatly admires the Elves and will assist them in anyway.

Weapons: A scythe made from a sturdy Yew limb with a serrated granite blade. He also keeps a few daggers about himself in case the scythe can’t “cut it”.

Paraphernalia: Harzhan usually travels with a hooded cloak to keep the sunlight out of his delicate eyes, a few bandages, some healing herbs and a stone amulet given to him by the creatures.

Derotzka
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Nice. I'm almost done with mine, I think. Although it's going slow, like I've stated before - The English language doesn't like me :(
Also, how did he learn to communicate with other beings besides "the creatures"? Did he simply pick things up during his travels above ground?

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Alright so I got several ones for you here. Oh, and I added another character that travels with my dwarf character that is an Elf. you'll see why later on ;) Enjoy...

Name: Celónn
Race: Elf
Location: In a tavern named "The Brown claw" that lies close to the entrance that goes down to The dwarfs at járnheim.
Personality: Celónn is very proud to be an Elf, even though some of his brothers and sisters are still under the influence of the Demon arts and they hates the dwarfs and the humans. He is usually calm and serious about everything, but he has learned to be able to take a joke from time to time since he's traveling with a dwarf friend. Celónn holds no grudge against the dwarfs and the humans anymore, even since he killed many of them during the war for 340 years ago. He even finds the conflict between the races to be quite stupid. Sometimes, when he is at a good mood he might even share some of the stories from the old war.

Equipment: He always carries books about the history of Yggdrasil, about some magic arts and about the creatures of Yggdrasil. Some gold coins (enough to be able to travel for a long time anyway).
Height: 1,8 metres
Weight: 190 lb
Profession: Ex- elven general. Now more of an armed and skilled traveler.
weapon(s): Celónn favores his two swords. One is a elven broadsword that is not as long as his dwarf made sword but it's still very deadly.

History: Celónn was born for over 940 years ago and he doesn't want to speak about anything of his past to the point that the elves arrived to Yggdrasil. He was 210 years old when his boat stopped at the shores of Yggdrasil's southern part. Five years after that, He was with his fellow elven brothers and sisters when they build their captial city, Dalás. After 7 years of hard work, the Elf's finally was finished with their captial city.

After that, Celónn took job under the elven king has the guard captain and he was the elf that was responisble for the king's and the queen's protection. For 238 years he served his race well by protecting the king and the queen. But then the king died of an disese, leaving the queen on the throne.

And before Celónn knew it, the Elf's were at war with the humans the dwarf's. Since celónn had been playing such a important role for all thos eyears he got the rank of general and began to serve alongside the other Eleven general, Sidór. The war lasted very long and Celónn was a part of many of them.

Then when a demon was found in the woods and brought back to dalás, things changed. This demon was being called "the Demon lord" after some old elven tale of a creature that would bring great glory to the elf's. the demon took control over the elven armies and the war raged on.

But then at the battle of Eveth lake, The demon lord was made into a stone statue and Celónn called out the order of retreat. Sidór disagreed and began to argue with Celónn. It ended with celónn giving Sidór a scar over his chest and then both the elf's and the human's retreated back to their lands. The war was at an end.

Then after much work, some parts of the once grand elven kingdom had been rebuilt. Celónn was now 940 years old and much had happened after the war. One day, Sidór had showed up in Celónn home and began to speak about reawakening the Demon lord from his slumber and restore glory to the elven race. Celónn rejected this idea, but Sidór didn't give up. Instead he brought the idea to the queen who had no choice but to accepted it since the humans and the dwarf's still refused to trade supplies with the Elf's.

In shame of his people and their bloodlust, Celónn left dalás and never looked back. He began to travel around Yggdrasil, exploring and seeing new people all the time. He wasn't always greeted well due to him being an Elf. After a couple of month's of travels, he found a wounded dwarf out in the woods. He helped the dwarf to the closest Inn and helped him heal his wounds. The dwarf's name had been Dûrak and both of them became good friends.

(Some things will be revealed during the thread) ;)
-----------
Name: Dûrak
Race: Dwarf
Location: In a tavern named "The Brown claw" that lies close to the entrance that goes down to The dwarfs at járnheim.
Personality: Dûrak can be quite stubborn at some times, but he is mostly just a friendly dwarf that likes to drink beer. He is usually making jokes about his friend Celónn and he always laughs at his own jokes as well, even if no one else is laughing. He is mostly just friendly and happy. But when a chance for a fight rise up, he gladly accepts it and when it comes to combat, he is deadly serious.

Equipment: Dûrak doesn't carry very much other than his armor and his weapon. He does carry a picture of his dead mother.
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 205 lb
Profession: A very skilled warrior that is currently traveling with his friend Celónn throughout Yggdrasil.
weapon(s): A small dwarf made hammer and a strong shield by his side.
History: [This will be revealed during the Rp]
----------

Picture of Celónn: http://media.photobucket.com/image/Elve ... ranger.jpg <----- This, but with dark silver coloured hair and a green coat.

Picture of Dûrak: http://warhammeronlinenews.files.wordpr ... aker01.jpg

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derotzka on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah he has spent a few years above ground now helping the Elves out in all manor of ways, such as fighting for them, building and other stuff.
So he would have picked up the language over time I guess.

Are there different factions of Elves? Like you normally get the Light/High Elves then the twisted Dark/Evil Elves or are they all just one big Elf family?

On a side note, good luck with the rest of your character.

Derotzka
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

We've decided to actually not have any "regular" elves, like Tolkien's beautiful, noble ones.
The elves of Ygdrassil are instead rather sinister, and can be found scattered across the Northern Kingdom. So basically, they are just dark elves, though without the "dark" :P
Appearance-wise, I guess they look like usual - Long ears, grey skin, often very attractive. Personality varies, of course - Not all are considered evil, but most are.
They can also be referred to as àlfer.

Although I'm not 100% sure of all this, and I can't recall of what I've discussed with Mr Sibby... Nice chars, by the way. I like how you'll reveal Dûrak's backround during the RP, instead of leaving it for us to read :)

Edit: And my character's finally done!

Name: Dakuhl Kae'rihaq
Race: Unknown
Height: Approx. 1,8m (5,9')
Weight: Approx. 70Kg (154lbs)

Appearance: Dakuhl is a tall and thin man who often gives the impression of being a beggar, due to his relatively dirty and torn clothing; Plain, black robes and a cloak created from coarse fabrics, covering his entire body with multiple layers, making it hard for people to make out his scrawny build. Odd, dark-coloured stains that've turned the cloth stiff and inflexible can also be spotted here and there, among regular mud and soil.
He prefers to dress himself in such an austere way, since people then never take any notice to him in the circuits he mostly spends his time in. He blends in perfectly, it seems. And attention is something he rarely seeks, so he also keeps himself hooded, laying most of his abhorrent face in shadow.
His skin is pale and almost disgustingly smooth, as if he has never seen raw daylight, with prominent blue veins scattered all over, and his eyes are considerably hollow. His face greatly resembles a naked skull due to this, and the resemblance is even amplified by details such as the lack of eyebrows, and the fact that his scleras are completely black. He doesn't even have irises, or at least not ones that are visible, which makes it particularly difficult to determine whether Dakuhl observes you or not - Something that've proven most rewarding at times.
From his nose and downwards he's equipped a facemask, made out of the same material as the rest of his apparel, in order to conceal his deformed mouth - He doesn't have any lips, which has proven a very distinctive feature of his. Naturally, he want to conceal such a notability, and does so with the mask. His hair colour is black, like the rest of his guise, and reaches just below his ears. It's also very straggly and disheveled, he usually just finds some random, sharp instrument to cut it with when it grows too long and annoying.
The sleeves of his robes are wide and fairly long, always covering his clawlike and emaciated hands, and around his waist he wears a thin belt, where there hang several pouches and vials in which he contain all of his coin and miscellanous possessions. These range from a variety of items, mostly herbs which he uses to create different mixtures (Hence the vials), but also things such as flint if he would ever be in need of lighting a fire.

Personality and Backround: A cold and ruthless, yet often frivolous, individual who thrives in the despair and agony of other sapient beings. He doesn't believe anyone, be it human, troll, animal or bacteria, to have a higher purpose in life, more than simply contributing to the ecosystem, and that the only thing to actually live for is to satisfy one's own needs and desires. It's with this nihilistic view of life that he justifies the things he does, acts found "horrible" and "monstrous" by others:
He tortures and kills people for pleasure, and considers it to be a form of art, an art that he now have spent decades of his long life to refine. And during the early years of what at first was nothing but mindless slaughter of various people, ranging from innocent children to mighty warriors, he learned how to draw even greater pleasure from this most unusual pastime. In the beginning, when he was young and impulsive, he simply tied someone up, often after a struggle, and continued from there using nothing but intimidation and a rusty blade, until he finally finished them off. He greatly enjoyed doing so, but it later struck him that it wasn't enough. He felt an urge for more of a mental challenge, that required a significantly greater use of his sinister mind, and he figured it would additionally make things more entertaining. Thus, nowadays he uses far more creative and, in his own opinion, "sophisticated" methods of torment and torture - He plans things out carefully, quickly learns a thing or two about his prey, and varies the use of tools every time he intends to take a life. For example, he could somehow inject a mixture of toxic herbs into a person, in order to incapacitate or drive her half-mad, forcing horrible hallucinations upon her that one only can encounter in the darkest and wildest of dreams.
Or, and this is his most favored tool, he would fasten a number of hooks, in turn attached to chains, in different parts of his victim's body, and then slowly peel of her flesh until her bowels simply would slide out.
But most likely he would use a combination of the two, in this case. Why just have fun one way?

It should be noted that this isn't the only thing he does with his freetime, however; Naturally, he fancies other things apart from killing and torture. For instance, watching other people hurt themselves. Intentionally or unintentionally doesn't matter.
Or among less macabre activities, relaxing with something nice to drink and eat. Perhaps he would take some time to imbibe the wonderful fragrances and sounds to be found across the vast forests of the Northern Kingdom? Lie down on a meadow and enjoy the pleasant sensation of smooth grass against his bare hands?
He enjoys such things as well. But in the end, he prefers spending time working with his main hobby. If the opportunity presents itself, of course.
And he's not as foolish as he was earlier in life, when he at times could go completely berserk, without any regard to his own safety - He has grown wiser, calculating and much more aware of his environment.
To support himself financially, he accepts work as an assassin from time to time, enabling himself to pay for food and shelter. He does not work for especially large sums of coin, however - Just enough to fill one, perhaps two, of his pouches. He doesn't waste it all at once either, but spends his money in a rather spartan way. He doesn't try to find the nicest little inn possible when tired and in need of sleep, but instead aims for the cheap, derelict ones. Instead of a bowl of warm soup, he settles with half a loaf stale, maggot-infested bread.
When he's near a town, of course. Otherwise, he simply makes himself a little fire in the woods and roasts himself a juicy rabbit, if possible.
And completing assassinations for various people, often persons involved in some form of politics concerning the Kingdom, have proven to be a quite remarkable talent of his, given his experience with murder.

Equipment and Traits: Dakuhl is very agile and quick, skilled in evasion and stealth. He has in his possession a formidable ability to keep himself hidden when needed, and can at will move in such a way that nearly not a single sound is heard. This skill comes in quite handy when committing assassination work, along with his most beloved weapon - A sharp knife of vicious design, beautifully crafted from a dark metal he doesn't know the name of.
He also uses the instrument in combat, though he is rarely forced to participate of such as he mostly keeps himself away from it.
He mainly uses small weaponry, being his knife, as he finds bigger objects such as swords or axes far too bulky and difficult to manage. Thus, he has almost never practiced fighting with a bigger weapon, and can't make use such things very well.
He also has a hard time speaking, because of his non-existent lips. He compensates for this by making sounds similar to the ones one otherwise normally would make using one's lips, and has actually, unintentionally and without giving it much thought, learnt ventriloquism.
He practically never makes use of this though, partially because the facemask he wears covers his mouth, but for the most of the part because there's no need for it.
Last edited by FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FiskMunk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Here's the first page of the soon-to-be OOC-thread. Will it do? Something I should add? As you can see, I've simply altered the introduction that is to be used in the IC-thread, I couldn't bear to write yet another wall of text... Phew.
Anything you disagree with, Mr Sibby? In that case, I'll see if we can change it.

Hello!
This is the OOC-thread of a new roleplay, taking place in a medieval fantasy-setting, created by me (FiskMunk) and Sibrand. Here we can dicuss characters, the story, environment and such about the RP if the urge arises, but also completely unrelated things.
Anyway, here we present to you...

~Yggdrasil~

The sole significant spot of landmass to be found among the azure waves of the World Ocean. An island perfectly shaped in the way of a crescent moon, divided in half by a mountain range called Silfèrfell, the region of dwarves.
A nearly ancient race, widely known for their superior craftmanship and grand production of metal, and alcohol. There are few men who haven't had a taste of the famous dwarven stout, and even fewer who've kept their money after betting against a dwarf's ability to hold his or her liquor, for drinking is considered an almost sacred sport to them, and so it wouldn't do them any good if one just passed out after gulping down a few beverages.
Their immense capital, Jàrnheim, is located mainly underground the great mountains (Although the higher levels are located on the surface), in the midst of the labyrinthic mines of Silfèrfell, where plenty of precious minerals are extracted for every day that passes. Mining is the framework of dwarven industry, and many succesful businesses specialize in both producing and processing the raw materials, and then shipping it off to one of the human cities located by the northern borders of Yggdrasil, in exchange for food and coin. However, things have
changed.
The alliance between humans and dwarves have grown fragile due to the humans' increasingly hostile attitude towards them, and trade isn't nearly as blossoming as before. Their beloved mining has also taken its toll, after mysterious disappearances occuring deep inside their tunnels. Many are afraid, and tales of hideous beasts lurking in the darkness are told...

The northern half of the island, the Northern Kingdom, is a beautiful land of lush forests, mirror-like lakes and green hills imperceptibly affected by the great War that once ravaged the realm centuries ago. The Kingdom is mostly ruled by the mighty race of humans, a noble and kind breed with intent to create a better world where all creatures may live in harmony. At least, that is what their self-proclaimed king and dictator presents themselves as, although his recent actions during his five decade reign have proven otherwise - Raised taxes in order to enrich the royal family and corrupt politicians, leaving countless of his more unfortunate subjects in extreme poverty. Many lives have been lost due to starvation and the unsanitary conditions people have been forced to endure in the big cities. The regime holds great influence there, unlike in the small towns and villages of the realm where people almost aren't affected at all by the strict government, apart from some new laws relating to the domestic trade; Trade caravans operated by the cunning trolls have been banned, for the reason that they constantly swindle people, and the royal authorities have been ordered to slay any violators spotted.
This unnecessary, and plain silly, act has received a lot of criticism: "How come human, dwarven and other merchants don't get their heads cut off, then? Surely, trolls don't trick us any more or less than other people?"
Freedom of religion has also been abolished, resulting in a lot of public mass executions held primarily in the human capital and seaport of Midgàrd, also referred to as the Point (Due to its location being at the far northeastern edge of Yggdrasil).
Along with the "heretics" brought to the stake and gallows come not only the regular thieves and murderers, but also people accused of opposing the King, often important political figures, but mostly ordinary citizens that got caught complaining about their somewhat uncongenial rule.
The once peaceful, and truly noble empire of humans have transformed into a nightmare world, where none may tread without being exposed to the rotten hand of death.

The southern half of Yggdrasil, referred to by the island's inhabitants as the Wasteland, is exactly what the name implies - A barren desert consisting of nothing but charred trees, oozing swamps and dirt. A land still bearing prominent marks of war, a war that took place hundreds of years ago. A war that's almost been completely forgotten, a hazy memory shrouded in darkness.
Not much is known about the Wasteland, more than that it's a dark and inhospitable place, and all who've journeyed there in search of knowledge have never returned. The elves, àlfer, are
rumoured to have originated from the Wasteland, although this is mostly considered a legend by people, themselves included. It would make sense, however, given their rather sinister nature.
And yet again, there are tales of malevolent creatures wandering the land's infertile surface, reminding of the events in Jàrnheim. And just like in Jàrnheim, these are most of the time dismissed as silly superstition.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Rules; Make sure to read and abide them. You're not an A-hole, are you?

*No God-Modding
*No Power-Play
*No explicit sexual acts and references, although it's allowed to be hinted IC.
*Feel free to insult people IC if your character has a reason for it, but not in OOC.
*Don't create an overly powerful or perfect character without the GMs' approval. Post you character and dicuss it in OOC, first. Or send one of the GMs a message.
*Take your time while writing, there's no need to respond as fast as the wind. Check spelling and grammar, and if you need help there's always Google. Try to write as much and detailed as you possibly can, remember to use all five senses when describing the actions of your character, if appropriate. There's no need to explain how the entire digestive system works every time your character takes a bite of an apple.
*If you get something as severe as writer's block, you might want to inform other roleplayers. This also applies if you can't respond for other reasons (For example, if you're going away for a week to visit your grandparents), and the others might want to continue without you in that case.
*Keep OOC-chat to a minimum in the IC-thread, unless if you want to point something out a little quick. Long discussions belong in the OOC-thread. If you have any questions regarding the rules, don't hesitate to ask!

~Character Creation; Use this as a base, if you're unsure about how to create a character. If you have any questions, be free to ask us about it, or refer to the Role Play Academy Forum.

Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Equipment:
Personality:
Backround:

For example, my character Dakuhl;

My char description, as in the previous post.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that's that. Have fun!

End.

FiskMunk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 pm

OOC: Well, I suppose I could try my hand at this. It seems like it would be a fairly enjoyable RP! So, here's my character, if you dont mind another person.

Name: Hector Grodanz(Grow-Dans) Hewing
Nickname(s) "Hec"(by anyone, really), Little Hewing (by locals)

Race: Human
Height: 6'2
Weight: 190-200 (around there at least)
Appearance:
-Hair is chestnut, messy, about shoulder length, and straight. He usually has it out of his eyes with a red bandana.
-Scar, going straight down his upper torso, continuing to his waist. Another starting at his right shoulder, going to his wrist in a jagged snake.
-Grodanz's eyes are a piercing green, to be compared with grass or leaves.
-His body is quite well toned, nearing the "Buff" category, but not quite there yet.
-While battling, he is dressed in heavy leather, with an iron pauldron on his left shoulder. The leather is well-worn, but not falling apart. The armor is dented, but still in good shape.
-If there is an extended period of no combat, he'll change into something casual. Linen trousers and vests are common for his relaxing attire.
-He is NEVER seen too far from his beloved axe, Granendai.

Equipment:
On him 90% of the time...
-Leather armor(As stated above.)
-Axe, Granendai. It's a double-sided great axe, 5'5 tall. It resembles something of a halberd with a double-head, and craftsmanship is exquisite quality.(Might try and find an picture that will do this justice....)
-Belt is usually adorned with a few (3-4) throwing axes.
-Knapsack, containing non-combat clothing, a rain cloak, water skin, and a small tent and bedroll. (Note that this is rarely carried around in combat.)

Personality:
Grodanz is straightforward, honorable and dedicated to hard work. It's hard for him to lie without joking or threatening someone. He's admittedly shy around new people, but once he knows a few people in the crowd, you cant shut him up. He isnt the smartest person around, but he's not "Me cut you, you die." either. He addresses women politely, men as "Capt'n" and children as "Kids”. He’s semi-friendly, meaning if you dont annoy, antagonize, patronize, threaten him or his friends, he'll be just fine with you. In battle, he's hard-headed, but willing to follow orders or instructions. He's got an iron will as well. His body could be broken in every which way, and he'd still try to get back up (Keyword being "Try").
He enjoys the simpler pleasures in life, not knowing much other way to live, and that suits him just fine. A pastime would definitely be cooking, as he enjoys spicy meat dishes, and it's hard to find one that is hot or lean enough to fit his particular taste. However, this doesn’t much stop him from inhaling everything on the table. Thought he has favorites, he'd eat anything that didn’t get off his plate and crawl away.

Traits:
I'm not sure how so to put in words without making it seem overpowered. So, by every "stat" I'll put #/10. 1 being almost none, 2 being mediocre, 4 being below average, 5 being average, 6 being above average, 8 being exceptional, 10 being heroic.
Strength: Grodanz is quite strong, not nearing heroic or anything, but beyond that of a normal man. 7/10
Endurance: Grodanz is like a fortress. He's hard to break, and even when you break him, you have to make sure you break him good. 8/10
Speed: Grodanz has a little lower that average speed. 5/10
Reflex: Grodanz is pretty quick on the draw. 6/10
Intelligence: Few planks short of a house. 4/10
Wisdom: Mostly used in a fight...or in games of chance. 5/10
(Overall score is 35. Out of 60 points, 35 is a little over average. He's no superman, that's for damn sure.)

Background: Grodanz was raised in a rural envirorment, and by working parents. At young ages, Grodanz learned to tend fields, chop wood, care for animals, cook and to some extent, sew. He received no formal education, but has a vast amount of leaning experience. At the age of eight, his family took in an elderly war veteran. It was this man who turned Grodanz into the man he is today. From him, Grodanz learned how to fight with almost every kind of axe, throw axes, use axes for survival and all everything else. But it was a trial that was not easily accomplished. At sixteen, the veteran gave Grodanz his old weapon, Granendai. Today, Grodanz has no permanent job, as his father's farm was burnt to the ground. Although he calls himself a "Mercenary" he doesn’t much like charging money, as he feels that he should aid in the plight of others. Overall, the locals know him as a trustworthy face, a generous helping hand, and a stalwart ally to the very end.OOC:

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!