Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Zombie RP Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Zombie RP Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katraine on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm

I used the search feature, and as far as I can tell, the last zombie RP here was replied to sometime in February.

I'm interested in starting one -- I'm getting back into writing as a hobby and diversion, so if anyone's interested in joining a game, gimme the word here!

I'm thinking it'll be Dawn of the Dead style, with zombies that are... not the slow shamblers of the original, and not the olympic triathletes of the remake, but something in between depending on the individual. I.e., if you were a muscle-devoid fat slob in life, you're going to waddle about as fast as your thick legs can carry your overwhelming girth in death as well. In the same vein, if the zombies ever got Usain Bolt or Tony Jaa, we'd all be dead.

And I'm open for setting suggestions, but I'm proposing we have it set in a high school. Lots of zombies, panicked and concerned (and now dead) parents' cars blocking the road out for miles, pockets of students barricaded in classrooms, and very limited weaponry. Did I mention lots of zombies?

Finally, if this does idea manage to leave the womb, which forum would we be posting in...?
total G0d modder, user of like bad grammer and stuf and o yea lazy spellerrrrr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Katraine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Zombie RP Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I <3 zombies ! But I have a concern ; From personal experience I've seen that "power playing" tends to come around a lot with zombies, simply because no one wants to be infected, but there's no "real" way to face hurdles without dying, because zombies are "insta-kill". Do you have any special way of addressing this concern? If so, definately interested !(though what would we be fighting with? Hockey sticks and dodgeballs aren't the best tools of war for pwning zombies !)
Hello. I am Destablization. If I posted in your Interest Check, please read the following.

I post using a phone. That means I can't do certain things.
I can't use the Roleplay Tab.
I can't use Chat.
I sometimes make small spelling mistakes.
-Roleplay Info-
I don't like being the center of a roleplay. I like being the side character. To me, they have true depth.
I don't mind dying in a roleplay.

That's all, and I hope we have fun together !

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Destablization
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katraine on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 pm

I think the thing about zombies is that they present two kinds of threat -- the obvious, physical, rip your face off and eat it threat, and the more subtle threat that they force the remaining living into a situation where they're forced to live all out or die, and make uncomfortable choices. I'll try to represent both through situations if and when we do RP.

But I also think we need to work around the fact that its rare for anyone to want to roleplay a zombie (I actually think it's interesting). Not everyone realistically can make it to the end (whether that be survival, escape, everyone dying, etc), and people will die.

What if we voted OOC once in a while for someone to die? They'd decide the manner and the reason and the whatevers, but they'd have to do it at some point soon. Then the next, then the next... just an idea, dunno how practical that is.

Or...

Well barring that idea, the only thing I can do is set up situations in which characters will have to choose whether to sacrifice themselves for the good of the group, or be set back majorly, etc...

As for fighting, I'd guess realistically there wouldn't be much to begin with, a lot of running and getting the fuck out of danger involved, but there's plenty to improvise with... heavy weights in weight room, shoving em into a pool, chairs, bats, etc... some schools even have security guards that carry guns.

Katraine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, I -really- like the idea of people dying(not periodically.. that'd be weird), and we could even have people die, then remake as a survivor(or any number of things).

But it seems you're representing it as more then "oh teh noes zombies ! PEW PEW PEW". That works for me then, especially if we eventually move on from the school eventually.

Count me interested <3.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeartClutch on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm up for any kind of zombie RP.

And I'm up for having any of my character's die. Death scenes are fun. =P

HeartClutch
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katraine on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 pm

BUUUUMP. We'll start when we've got five, I just want to make sure we have enough to get going and have a reasonably steady flow of action from the outset. I'll PM you guys when we do get off the ground, as a reminder.

Katraine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grieverus on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:51 am

Definitely up for a zombie RP, but out of curiosity, what's the general storyline going to be? Since this takes place within a high school, would I be able to RP as a custodian/janitor? <_<
"Unlike land, the open sky has no roads for you to follow."

Grieverus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katraine on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 am

Grieverus wrote:Definitely up for a zombie RP, but out of curiosity, what's the general storyline going to be? Since this takes place within a high school, would I be able to RP as a custodian/janitor? <_<

I'm thinking we'll have a few minor objectives that lead to the final objective, which is to get out of the city and into the hands of the military/other safe organization. I'm still not entirely sure on the setting, but if not a high school, something similar where weapon access is limited (I'm tired of seeing ex-marines whip out their hunting rifles, shotguns and illegally retained assault rifles at the first whiff of trouble).

That doesn't mean at all though that you guys can't discuss and suggest ideas for the plotline, i.e. aspects that you want to see.

And yes, you can role play any role that fits in reasonably with the setting. :] Guess we'll wait on one more.

Katraine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 pm

This sounds cool, i would be very intrested in doing something like this. Count me in also.

cretetts
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheff on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Hm, haven't walked on the zombie turf for awhile, but I'm interested in this. Just as long as we don't have any godmodders... last zombie RP I was in.... ugh, not even going to mention it.

Anyway, yeah, throwing my card in there as well.
Obla-di, obla-da, life goes on, brah....

Sheff
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katraine on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Well fry me if I'm mistaken, but it appears to me as though we have...

ENOUGH! :D

Alright, time to get started then, I'll have an OOC topic up with a bit of background info and profile skeleton up momentarily.

For those just reading this, we'll always be open to more roleplayers, so feel free to check out the OOC and submit a profile!

Katraine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sheff on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Sweet. Now I'll actually have something to do...

Could do us all a favor and post a link here to the OOC topic once you get it written up.

Sheff
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zombieChan51 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I'm up for a zombie RP

especially with characters dying
What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

DnD Freeroam-> http://www.roleplaygateway.com/freeroam-t41396.html

Laws of RPing

zombieChan51
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm down, I suppose.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm in. Would it be possible to play a (substitute) teacher? Or is it all going to be teenagers?

River-Koi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Well.. Katraine kinda.. uhm.. vanished?

Still wanna do this, but.. waiting on him I supppose. Also.. I hope to god we're not playing as -all- teenagers. I have a great "young adult" I want to use. Actually.. I'm gonna find it and post it.

-from another forum-

Yackul wrote:Character Skeleton

Name : Joseph(Jo) Devito

Sex : Male

Race/Ethnicity : Irish native.

Appearance : Image
-has blue eyes, is 6'1, weighs 170 pounds. Muscular from early years as a farmer.

Profession before Outbreak : Ex-Sheep Farmer, currently unemployed attempting to be a photographer.

Current weaponry : Digital camera, tri-pod.

Current Mission : Get to his apartment, and contact his parents in Ireland.

Special Abilities : Very strong, has a good eye for detail. Very knowledgable about animals, especially sheep.

History : Jo was born and raised in Ireland, where he was homeschooled and he worked on his family Sheep Farm. He didn't like it, so he moved to America when he turned 14, where he lived with his aunt.

Family members/status
Father : Alexander Devito - Age 54, in Ireland, living.
Mother : Sophia Devito - Age 39, in Ireland, living.
Grandfather : Elahandra Devito - Age 84, in Ireland, living.
Aunt : Sarah Josephine - Age 33, in Maine, deceased.
(Your character doesn't know any of this obviously)

Personality : He tends to be a charmer, he has a thick Irish accent and he smiles easily. He makes a lot of jokes, and has a thick brawl. He keeps a calm head mostly, and will go out of his way to help those he cares about. He tends to be a ladies man.

Anything else :

Current location : I think we should start at a highschool personally, or a mall of some sort.

Would change as needed.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zombieChan51 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Destablization wrote:Well.. Katraine kinda.. uhm.. vanished?

Still wanna do this, but.. waiting on him I supppose. Also.. I hope to god we're not playing as -all- teenagers. I have a great "young adult" I want to use. Actually.. I'm gonna find it and post it.

I do wonder where Katraine is,

And I do hope that I don't have to play a teenager. I have a decent idea for a character, but a teenager wouldn't work for him.

zombieChan51
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!