Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Anime-ish RP Lookin to create anew.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Anime-ish RP Lookin to create anew.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok I really like the style of most animes and would like to try and "create" my own anime. I am looking for humor romance heart break and drama. Some of the animes I'd like to sample it with are as follows but not limited to:

Baka and Test
One Piece
Poke'mon
Fruits Basket
School Rumble
Sakura
NANA

I am not sure if I would prefer this a one on one or a group effort. Ideas, suggestions and general interest would help this along. Also if I make this a a group effort anyone willing to help with storytelling would be greatly appreciated as I haven't ran a group roleplay in some time. Thank you for your time and please leave me questions so i can get back to you as fast as possible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

urowen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Anime-ish RP Lookin to create anew.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I would love to help/participate in either group or single (group is good for a bunch of ideas that you never would have thought of yourself - 1x1is good for getting a bunch of nitty gritty details about a couple of ideas you might not have thought of, hope that helps your desicion at all). If it is going to be group, I would like to help you narrate (I think that's the word I'm looking for...)
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Well My full desicion would be based on the number of interests and being you are my first since i have came up with the idea, I am leaning more towards a single. However I may give it some time and see if I can get more replies now that it has a hit and got bumped to top. Are there any anime ideas you may be interested in throwing out there to add? My selection is limited but an idea is an idea.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:38 am

No ideas or anything, but here are the "fandoms" that I know and would be able to portray right off the bat and without intensive research. If you have any questions feel free to keep posting here or even PM me!

1. Avatar: The Last Airbender
2. Axis Powers Hetalia (APH, Hetalia)
3. Bleach
4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
5. Death Note
6. Dracula
7. Eyeshield 21
8. Fruits Basket (Furba)
9. Fullmetal Alchemist (FMA)
10. Harry Potter (HP)
11. Hellboy
12. Hellsing
13. House M.D.
14. InuYasha
15. Kuroshitsuji
16. Labyrinth
17. Naruto
18. Ouran High School Host Club (OHSHC)
19. Percy Jackson and the Olimpians (Persy Jackson series)
20. Pirates of the Carribean (PotC)
21. Prince of Tennis (PoT)
22. Pokemon
23. Ruroni Kenshin
24. Sherlock Holmes
25. Sky High
26. True Blood
27. Vampire Knight
28. Van Helsing
29. Wallflower
30. Xiaolin Showdown
31. Yu Yu Hakusho
32. Yu-Gi-Oh

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:43 am

I must say, what an extensive list. If this does in fact go to a singles idea, I may suggest we take a few ideas from our favorites, (for instance the devil fruit of One peice and etc) and make our story based on that.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm

I love this idea. I've done a few myself, like drawing mangas with OCs but stealing an idea here and there. And the choices of animes/novels/etc are well picked.

If you're still interested, pm me or something. (:
i haven't rp-ed on here in a while, so don't expect any of my older posts to be what i roleplay like now! just a word of warning! <:

Kaoru_chan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Thank you, it has taken me a couple years to realize that I should make a list as it comes in handy at times (such as now)...

And I think that this would be very fun, if we get more people we should start as soon as possible... :D

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Hmm...sounds veeeery, veeery interesting and fun. I'm down. Do we have any idea what we want to do yet? Or is this still in the planning stage?

By the way...what about Fooly Cooly? It's only like six episodes long...but it managed to become one of my favorites all the same. It's humorous, epic (confusing, but epic), and has some bad ass characters.

Why not Enter Galactic?

"Yes Master" Don says as he bows before Astro.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 pm

What is it about? Sounds somewhat interesting at the least, anyway...

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 pm

What is this, exactly?

Is it going to be a sort of "amalgamation/reimagining" deal, or what? I might be interested...depends on what it turns out to be.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:19 pm

@Bleeding Crimson

Naota is a normal Japanese 6th grade boy (although a little cynical), but when his older brother leaves for America to play baseball, his brother leaves his homeless 17 year old girlfriend Mamimi behind. Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota, and he doesn't know what to do about her. But to make matters worse, Naota's world is totally turned upside down when he is run over by a woman on a Vespa. During their first encounter, she hits him over the head with her guitar, which then causes a horn to grow out of his forehead. She calls herself "Haruko" and her presence changes Naota's life to even further insanity.

Ripped that from Animefreak.tv by the way.

It's a lot more epic than it sounds though. There's a baseball playing robot, guitar weapons, aliens, and an obsessive investigator with extremely bushy eyebrows (which turn out to be cardboard *spoiler XD*).

I just like the serious mix of genres it has within. And I wish it went on longer than 6 episodes.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Sounds interesting for sure.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urowen on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Wow, got some nice interest and ideas. As for the exact idea, it was all depending on the number of peole and the knowledge of them. I was thinking either having a "save-the-world-" theme, or maybe "survive highchool/college" theme. Either way i still would like to focus on romance and humor. I would like a vote as to which one you guys would prefer before i start on working out an opening. I was thinking of trying to have everyone have atleast one power, maybe limit it to where the power they get can only be from one anime, and each player would have to choose a unique anime, although thats not a for sure ideal.

urowen
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:51 pm

I've always been fond of the 'Save-The-World-While-Trying-To-Survive-School' style myself.

So what you're saying is something like...

It's modern day, our time. The characters, seemingly ordinary kids, you know, nothing special, they go to school, hang out, all of that.

But somehow, one fateful day, they're life gets turned around and they now have powers like they're favorite anime?

Is that what you were thinking? Because that sounds awesome (with a lot more ironing out of course).

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:06 pm

.... I feel late.

@Astro
That does sound intresting. Reminds me somewhat of Bleach. But he's saving two worlds. But yea.

That type of plot thing sounds like WICKEDLY awesome.

Kaoru_chan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Astro_B0Y on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Yeah Kaoru...like Bleach BEFORE it went stale XP

Something like a dimensional rift? That saves a lot of messy explanations.

Astro_B0Y
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm

I love it! If Urowen doesn't want to do that then we sould totally start it somewhere else! Though if Uro (hope I can call you that) then Whoot! ^-^ Win-Win sitiation guys!

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaoru_chan on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Yea. BEFORE. Now they have ALOT of fillers. Like season 13. But season 13 is kind of a good filler. -is babbling-

But yeah. Totally.

Kaoru_chan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 am

Kaoru_chan wrote:.... I feel late.

If you feel late what am I supposed to feel? :(

I wants in. XD Sounds pretty epic and I needs some more roleplays to indulge myself in, especially since the one rp i'm in atm hasn't started ;( I'ma save the world whilst surviving school and being hit on by big boobed redheads bleach style kinda guy. :P Bleach was so epic... and yet now it's so fail... I still don't think the little fairies that only redhead could see should of been added, I'd get pissed off with a power like that having to say a bunch of random names one after the other, I'd tell em they could either attack when I say attack or f off.
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Haven't heard from Urowen for a while... anyone else think we should start it on our own and just invite Urowen or something?

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!