Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Pokemon RP in a New Land

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Pokemon RP in a New Land

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 pm

what starters re there? I have ideas for new ones, but I could just make them rare pokemon in the world. Also I'll post pokemon in an hour or so.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:49 pm

well, remember how i said the starting place was on an island with a pokemon reserve? i was thinking, for a change of pace, the trainers got to go into the reserve with a single pokeball and choose their own pokemon, rather than being limited to the 3 regular starters...and as far as types go, i figured the reserve would have 3 sections, jungleish, foresty, and then plains and shores, and many different types could be found there

i was also thinking that the starter pokemon from most other places could be common pokemon in this region, to explain where they came from

which reminds me, we still need a name for the region XD
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 am

Hmmm... well, I guess the new guy could help you with the name of the region. I haven't really given it much thought, but I'll work on the pokemon after school. I was really tired last night so I KOd right after I got off and I'm dying my hair after school. I know what they are (want me to post all of them?) I just need to type them out, also can you post a CS for the pokemon? I don't know how much info I should add. I was thinking name, type(s), Move Set, Weakness, Resistance, and what they lookied like. Anything else I should add for the RP?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

yeah, i'll make up a character sheet, but i think that pretty much covers it, the only thing i could really think to add is maybe something for a poke'dex entry

Pokemon Character Sheet

Name:
Type:
Species:
Strengths: (what it is good against or is resistant to)
Weakness': (anything it's bad against or weak too)
Move Set: (any specific moves and then a general trait for moves to follow*)
Evolution: (if it has any, and how, leveling (levels won't actually be used), friendship, etc.)
Poke'Dex Entry: (don't have to have one for all of them, just anything interesting you wanna add abou them)
*by general move trait i mean, if it's a grass/poison type then any specific moves, then say something about it can learn most moves for one or both types, or maybe a few of another type, and so on

As for the name of the region, i was thinking something like Yogure Region, or something...yugure means twilight, so Yogure is similar but, as far as i know, doesn't mean anything...

also, for a little bit of plot, my character's father is a Poke'Rancher, who own a large plot of land and raises many farm-like pokemon, like Tauros, Miltank, Torchic, things like that, and my character is going to try and be a pokemon breeder, kinda follow in his father's footsteps, i've been working on the map so i'll add an updated pic soon with some sort of legend

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 pm

1. Brightvine Town
2. Reserve Gate/Lab
3. Triport City
4. Cropdale (1st gym)
5. CrossingTown
6. Twilight Cove
8. Crusade City (8th gym, huge festival held once every year to celebrate the tale of a fallen hero)
9. Twin River City
10. (a town you must go through a canyon to reach)
12. (must cross the mountains to reach)
13. (?) Poke'Ranch
Last edited by Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:25 pm

#8 can be where the colosseum gym is, #6 can be where either the ghost or asylum gym is. First gym can be in Brightvine Town?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:44 pm

um...maybe Triport...we'd have to baktrack to get to it if it were in Brightvine, or it could be right across from Triport, #4

also, i found this thing that, if you want, you can use to create your trainer, then use the print screen thing and take a pic to use for your description...or just find something else, doesn't matter...i used it anyway...which reminds me, what about the age? i know in the series and all they're like 10 when they start out...i was thinking maybe 15 at the youngest, 17 at the oldest

http://www.girldressupgames.net/game/269/Pokemon-Trainer.html

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:21 pm

okay. And 4 would be good. It just has to be an open area because, hence the name, it's a farm that the gym is on, heh. Also, i super duper promise, I'll post pokemon later after I eat, but I'll start on some right now, say... pokemon we can meet early on? Also I probably won't put pokemon enteries on these ones, but I might add them on later after I just get the general info up.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm

that's fine, the entries aren't a must, i mean, we don't have to actually use the pokedex on them all anyway, and that'll be fine, just post when you can and give enough info so we know that the heck they are XD

also, i'll edit the map and come up with names for the towns/cities the gyms are in

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Name: Strawdry
Type: Normal/Grass
Species: Scarecrow
Strengths: resist water
Weakness': fire, fighting, flying, bug,
Move Set: Scratch, Mach Punch, Leer, *Hay Strike, Scary Face,
*Hay Stirke (Grass) always deals 40 damage even to targets in the air.
Evolution: Strawdry------Armorie in party------>Dumdry------Psychic Disk------>Psydry

Name: Geasull
Type: Flying/Water
Species: Seagull
Strengths: Ground (immune), fire, grass, fighting, bug
Weakness': THUNDER, grass, rock,
Move Set: Water Gun, Gust, Peck, Wing Attack,
Evolution: Geasull------Lv 20------>Genpuin
Last edited by Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:06 pm

updating map

and that's alright, you'll need to explain about Strawdry's evolutionary methods though...that and there is a seagul pokemon alreadly, not that there can't be another, just saying http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Wingull

and i may try to add my 2 pokemon later

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm

here are my unique pokemon, just tell me if you think i need to change something about them

Name: Younto
Type: Fighting/Grass
Species: Young Warrior
Strengths: Rock, Dark, Normal, Ground
Weakness': Flying, Psychic, Fire, Ice
[/b]Move Set[/b]: Bulk Up, Absorb, Swords Dance, Razor Leaf (can learn low level grass and up to mid-level fighting, as well as other low level moves)
Evolution: Mastana, evolves with high respect/friendship
Pokedex Entry:
Youto are a semi-rare species of pokemon, usually found wandering forest paths looking for other, stronger pokemon to pick a fight with. They carry the item 'bokken,' a small wooden sword, which they use as their main method of attack

Younto looks similar to a small boy, with a round head, large eyes, seemingly no ears, nor a mouth unless he opens it, and a ponytail made of grass sticking up and out of the back of his head, with a large leaf on his forehead like a part of samurai armor. There are similar leaves on the backs of his hands, which are small and have three fingers a piece. He seems to be wearing a dark green, child's kimono with a bright red sash, and his feet look like wooden sandals. Over all his skin is a dark tan color, and he stands about 2.5 feet tall

Name: Mastana
Type: Fighting/Steel
Species: Master Swordsman
Strengths: Ice, Rock, Dark, Normal, Immune to Poison
Weakness': Fire, Ground
[/b]Move Set[/b]: Slash, Iron Head, Hammer Arm, Iron defense (can learn most steel and fighting moves, as well as most any move which involves cutting/slashing)
Evolution: None
Pokedex Entry:
Mastana are very rarely ever seen in the wild, this is because once a Younto evolves they becomes very laid back, however they are also prone to protecting weak people and pokemon. It is believed that Mastana wields the katana of a fallen human warrior who died long ago

Mastana are around 5.5 feet tall, the a build similar to a skinny man, their heads are more humanish, slightly less round, yet still with no visible ears, nor even a mouth unless they open it, with smaller, more narrow eyes, no nose that can be seen, and now they have a head of silver hair sticking up in the back, tied in sort of a samurai style, with the ends cut the same length so it looks flat on top. The leaf on it's forehead has turned metal and looks a bit like part of a helmet, shielding over his eyes, and the same thing has happened to the leaves on the backs of his hands. His clothing now seems to be more adult, looking as if he is wearing samurai style pants of a dark gray color and an open, long, dark green jacket with long sleeves that get wide near his arms. His feet still seem to be wooden sandals. His shoulders and the tops of his feet have samurai style armor as well in a dark gray color with dark green edging, and his skin is a bit on the pale side.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:11 am

I did describe Strawdry's evolutionary methods... To evole into Dumdry you need a Armorie in your party and to evolve Dumdry into Psydry you need a Psychic Disk

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

i have no idea what either of those are though...are they other new pokemon, items?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm

yes, heh. Armorie's a pokemon I'm going to post up soon and a Psychic disk... well... it's the equivalent of what Porygon uses, but it doesn't work on him.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm

One is an item the other is the pokemon (Armorie is the pokemon)

cretetts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm

yes, i can see that now...alright, i think we've got enough to begin with, what about you guys? you think so?

we can at least put up characters and come up with an introduction for it, then we can begin, and figure the rest out as we go. i figure that if you want we can just find the new pokemon, and as we do you can put the info for them in a special OOC thread

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Heh, alright. I'll edit Geasull and finish it and I guess I can put a few others in the OOC thread. Should I put the Gym leader's pokemon in there now too and what moves they have or just reveal that when we get there?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:27 pm

um...either or i guess, i mean, really the only way we'd find out in the pokemon world would be to ask around or something, so maybe just wait until we get to the gym, that way we aren't really prepared and it'll be more intersting

As for character sheets,

Name:
Description:
Equipment:
Pokemon Team:
1. (starter)
History:
Other:

that sound good to you guys? we'll just go back and update the pokemon as we catch them

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Introduction-

The Yogure Region is one of the oldest regions in the pokemon world. It is a rather peaceful place, where little conflict arises, and if it ever does it is usualy resolved quickly. The people who live in this region have a deep connection with their pokemon friends, and their lives are often entangled. For example, there are many farms where pokemon help with the work, and a rather famous ranch where pokemon are bred, raised, and sent out to other regions, such as Kanto and Johto and so on, to supply the new trainers there with their first pokemon. However, not many people know about this region. Pokemon professors from all over the world know of it, but only because of the unique method this region uses when it comes to trainers gaining their first pokemon.

In the Yogure region, trainers are given one pokeball and a pokedex, then sent into the pokemon reserve. While in the reserve they may catch any pokemon they are able to, and that is their starter pokemon. In doing things this way, younger trainers can possibly gain rare and strong pokemon right off the bat, giving them a greater chance in advancing along their journies and reaching their goals, what ever they might be.

But, in a region with such a variety of pokemon, there are always those who would use them for the wrong purposes as well. In the Yogure Region there are two such organizations, Team Dawn and Team Dusk. Little is known about these two seemingly rival teams, but ot cannot be good, as history has taught us about other such 'teams.' It is feared that, as a new group of trainers set forth from their hometown of Brightvine and begin their journies, the two Teams are becoming more active, and it seems the the legendary pokemon who look over this region are begining to stir. If their awsome powers are unleashed because of the two Teams will Yogure be able to survive? Can this new group of trainers stop these events from occuring?

is that any good?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!