Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon RP in a New Land

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Pokemon RP in a New Land

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 am

I wrote this in Radio script style somewhat, but it is my own ideas on the Gym Leaders. If you dislike any of them, feel free to tell me and I will give you all my support into finding a build that works well for everyone :) Mostly, I want the Gym Leaders to be interesting and skilled opponents. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6I-5oMO1E music for the line up)

Farmer Charles Jones: A hero of over thirty years ago, during a great famine which resided on this continent, Charles was able to help stave off the majority of starvation. Tragically, it was not enough to save his family and many of his close freinds, who perished in that horrible time.

Due to the fact, Charles has spent his life as a gym leader passing on the simple "work hard" ethics of his time, or to better have the man speak for himself!

"To encourage life to its potential, all it takes is a little work. All things can be achieved through discipline."

Wise, steady words,easily making him a stalwart member of this League!

In battle, Charles has proven to be a master of the environments, his Pokemon steadily becoming stronger as the fight progresses. Most famed, is "Mother Earth" a nick named given to a pokemon who controls all functions of the weather, and has been the key to his success, both in agriculture, and in challenges that frequent him as a Gym Leader. *applaud*

Princess Glacy: Famed "Ice Princess" of the rock and roll universe, joins us this year as a new gym leader! So far, she has proven to be a "cold" combatant in her challenges, proving to be one of the "Loudest" types to enter this league.

While ordinarily she cranks up the volume, enemies may find themselves wishing they could turn up the heat! All trainers are warned that entering the gym without clothes designed for heavy winter, may catch colds at their own expense.

Some have critized her tactics of making things uncomfortable for trainers participating in this year's league as "unfair" but nothing in the official rules state that both trainers have to be in "fair" conditions, only pokemon! Isn't that right Miss Glacy?

"It is only the defeated who whine like that."

And there you have it folks, a icy response appropriate for the Frost gym leader!

Akuma: As you may know, this well known horror movie special effects artist has been a Gym Leader for sometime now! The self named "Akuma" or devil, has come to us bearing a message to all new comers traveling to challenge him.

"Fear is a undeniably powerful emotion, and I belive all should experience it."

Yikes! It seems that even this man can give me the eeby jeebies, but we took a look at this Gym! The Ghost Master is a powerful creator of his own world, using holographic projectors and smoke screen to make this fight difficult! Trainers will have to be cunning here!

It seems the new "Science" gym leader has been unable to comment, busy with his mysterious experiments! We know little of this new Gym, as it has only very recently finished construction, but still has not opened its door to trainers!

Houdini: The Mad Magician himself has come to us today! Skilled at teleportation, he has been a difficult opponent to even find in matches! His pokemon are no different! Truly, a opponent who confounds you beyond belief as he escapes every one of your traps!

"It is a pleasure to be welcoming all to challenge me this year. I hope that we have some clever tricks to show each other!"

A mature and respectful statement if there ever was one!

Emilie: The legendary combatant herself and builder of the "Grand Collisuem", Emilie has battled the Elite 4 personally and even was offered a position in which she declined! Most famous for the wide scale Pokemon battles unknown to most of the world, she emerged victorious in a 100 vs 50 match, leading her side to victory despite being outnumbered 2 to 1!

"That was a fun battle! I look forward to all challengers unafraid of conflict! Battle should be shared, whether it is with friends or enemies!"

Fierce words from the Gladiator herself! She'll prove to be one of the toughest combatants yet! Most trainers are unprepared for mass scale conflict, and the teamwork that goes into such a match, as you have to work in teams to earn a badge against her.

Kichigai: The "Crazed" combatant never lets you understand the reasoning to their madness! Kichigai, is there any reasoning to your madness?

"Hehehe, well sometimes there is, sometimes there's not. Its like coffee without water, it makes no sense but some people like it on icecream... I prefer to just eat it from the can."

I am afraid I don't understand folks! However, Kichigai has proven to be a great combatant with unpredictable and unorthodox strategy. It is said that he never uses the same techniques twice! Inside that mind, there lies a genius just waiting to make you believe he is not one!

Sean & Burns: Last but not least folks, the famous Steam Brothers could not step away from their inventing and challenges, but if they were here they would wish you all a wonderful challenge!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 am

lol, i like them! but i guess it'll be Hirochi who gets the final say, seeing as how they were his idea to begin with
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I read them earlier and I think they're good. Not excellent because I have a different view on how they should be like, but they're good for the RP, though I'd like Farmer Jones to be in his 60's or so. I know you said something about back 30 years he did something, so he could still be, and that's perfectly fine. I guess I'll post gym pokemon data during the battle or before it.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:26 pm

i'll try and get the actual rp up in an hour or so, intro, character sheet, so on, and i may go ahead and make the first post, describe the area better or something

did we ever figure out about ages though? i was thinking it might be easier if we just make our characters whatever age...mostly cause i just don't play kids well

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:38 pm

yeah that'll be fine. Is it alright if there's another group of trainers like how there's swimmers, bug catchers, etc. but have a Gangster? I was thinking of making my character's brother part of a gang (The New Moon) and they mainly use Shishidogs and Shishihound. I'll post those up too, along with the baby form that they don't use (shishipup).

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:43 pm

lol, alright, yeah, that sounds good...i used a trainer creator thing to make my guy, so he looks like a kid, but just picture those clothes mainly...you'll see what i mean,....

also, anyone decide on starters? i was thinking of finding either a Tropius, but a young one, or making a pre-evo for it and finding that

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm probably going to start out with one of my custom pokemon and mainly just catch those, heh. Maybe a few other ones like the pre-evo of taurus/miltank cause... you know... epic... heh. I'll post a couple more pokemon info like the Gangster pokemon and some more we can find in the begining and I'll decide by then what I want! XD

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm

lol, alright, i'll try and post the pre-evo of Tropius in a bit, working on the rp now...any ideas for a name for the pre-evo? i was trying to figure out what his name means, like the Japanese meaning and all, but the sites i use aren't working right now >.<'

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Well... he's like a coconut tree (tropical) and he's like a dinosuar (-us) so I think it means like tropical dinosuar (that's what I got out of it). His pre-evo could be... well it also depends on it's looks too, so I don't wanna throw out a name that won't fit it.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:06 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/pokemon-yogure-region-adventures/

basically it'll be a miniature Tropius, no fruit hanging from it's neck, not so dark a tan, smaller, useless wings, and maybe the leaf on it's head is more open, like a flower or something...may look up tropical flowers...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:10 pm

okay. I'll make my character soon. and does my brother need a character sheet or should I just mention him a lot and use him as an NPC like the gym leaders?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:15 pm

um, i guess if you'll be rping alot with him, then go ahead and make a sheet, if he won't come in for a while or won't be involved very often, then just do like the gym leaders

also, i was wondering about names...are we gonna go Japanese, or American, or...?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Hello there. I wanted to add in.... I'd be willing to play all major NPCs for this roleplay, including Gym Leaders and Professors and such. Yes, all eight leaders. Why? Well, because I would only need to play as one at a time. What do you say? :D

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Name: Tropetite
Type: Grass
Species: Sweet Pollen
Strengths: Ground, Rock, Water
Weakness': Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison
Move Set: Tackle, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Aromatherapy (can learn many grass and normal moves)
Evolution: Tropius through leveling (say at Lv. 20 or so)
Poke'Dex Entry:
Tropetite is much smaller than his evolution, standing at only about 3 feet tall, however just like it's evolution it loves sweet things and longs to be able to reach the fruits that hang in the tops of trees.

Basically Tropetite looks like a miniature Tropius. They have the same body type, it is just much smaller, and less of a tanned color to it's skin. There are four leaves on it's back, small leaves which he cannot use yet, and on the back of it's neck there is a bright yellow petal, with a dark green leaf right behind it that can only be seen from behind, rather than the leaf on Tropius' head. It also has no fruit hanging from it's neck yet. It stands at about 3 feet tall and weights about 100Lbs

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

I would say yes, but there's at least a couple gyms I'd like to do, ghost, insane, and the ubnknown gym (5th) because, besides from the fact that 5th is the leader of Team Dawn, I just wanna play as my favorite types (ghost, dark, and psychic!) But I see no problem in you playing the others, thou I should post the pokemon info before entering the battles then since they all have custom pokemon

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:45 pm

also should I post the new pokemon info here or in the RP's OOC? then transfer all of them to the OOC later?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:49 pm

It's fine if you wanna play some, haha... Could you PM me information about the first one's Pokemon? That way I can start getting ready...

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm

okay. First I gott post the pokemon, then I'll tell you what pokemon he has and their moveset. I think that's enough info to get started with him! I'll even send you info about the second leader if you want as well

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:54 pm

That would be great, haha.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:03 pm

hmmm.... I think I'll just post the other pokemon in the RP's OOc then... I'll have a few more up in a few minutes then

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!