Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Pokemon RP in a New Land

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Pokemon RP in a New Land

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Okay, so, I've been really wanting to make a pokemon rp lately, but in the past when I've tried this no one could ever decide on a region. I know Kanto the best, Johto 2nd best, and so on, but, anyway, no one could ever really decide, and i tried to come up with a totally new region before, but i get stumped when it comes to town and city names and such.

So, I was wondering if there might be anyone else out there who'd wanna help me on this little project of mine. I found a map to use, I didn't create it and will be editing it and such as new places are established. As far as pokemon go, there will be some from each previous region, as well as a few new ones, as long as the people who come up with them can describe them well enough and such. For the story, it would be focused on a group of 3-4 new pokemon trainers just starting out in this new region, and they will hopefully be journying together, although if the RP'ers feel it possible to go alone seperately and still keep the story up that'd work as well.

This is the map I intend to use, it's a section of a larger map, that way is the story progresses along far enough I can expand this and add new places. And remember, even if you don't actually intend to take part in this rp names and ideas will be greatly appreciated, and I will give credit to whoever helps at the bottom of my intro page as well as in an OOC section-
Note that these are the colors of the map as i found them, but I intend to change them, since this seems to make it feel like a cold region, which I don't want, except in the northern parts of course.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Pokemon RP in a New Land

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm in. let me help! I've wanted to do one for the longest time but no one can ever help me and when they do they just stop coming on here and we never get it started. I've got tons of pokemon we could use too and I can help you out with the map. Heh, sorry if i sound overly excited.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

no, this is good, i've been wanting to do one really bad too XD

i have a few places on the map ready, and a bit of plot as well...the small island at the bottom, i figured it could be the starting place

Reserve Island
Starting Town- Brightvine Town

The northern half of the island would be a pokemon reserve/safari zone, and that's where the new trainer gets their starter pokemon, rather than having to pick from just 3/4...there would be a lab built into the reseve were Prof. Pine (name can change) gives them their first pokeball, and when they get to the other side they get their other 5 balls and stuff, then go to Triport City, just on the northern shore of Reserve Island, and from there they choose between 2 ports to begin their journey...there is a 3rd, but it's in a more high level area

i'll try and have an updated map soon, but go ahead and list any ideas you've got

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Well so far your idea is good and I don't want to mess with it so I'm just going to leave it at that. Is there gunna be an evil organization, much like the previous ones? If so I was thinking, if you want, Team Dawn and Team Dusk. And the leader of Team Dawn is the 4th Gym Leader? Also do you want me to PM you the New Pokemon or post them here?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:11 pm

here we go, i took a smaller piece of the map to work on...still hammering in details, but the black places are towns/cities, lines are borders for the Safari Zone and such

Furthest south= Brightvine Town
Just above that= Gate to Reserve Area/ Poke'Lab
Furthest North= Triport City
North of that= ?
West of that= ? Cove
East of that= Bridge Town

so far...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes to the evil organization, if you want i'll let you handle the details on that, and sure about the gym leader as well
pokemon, either or, doesn't matter, if you have any specific ones for the a particular area then say so, and if you have any map ideas, names, whatever, list them as well please...i suck at name...it took me 3 days to come up with Brightvine Town XD

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 pm

hah hah, alright. Well... I was thinking about the ? ones on your above post so... About the Cove I was thinking... Twilght Cove? Have it be foggy there all the time because of one of the new pokemon that could (if you wanted) be really rare since it's an evolution, Duskgon? Basically all ghost and dark pokemon?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:25 pm

yeah, i like that, i haven't thought of the rare or legendaries for this place, save for one, though i've never found a name for it...it's a large black cat with a white face like a joker mask and a colar with a bell on it, it's would be the luck pokemon, and depending on what sound the bell makes when you see it you'll either have good or bad luck...if you've got any ideas for anything go ahead and list them, and i can add places to the map at any time

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Okay. Well I have a legendary-type pokemon that we don't have to use called Morfiron that's basically a metal ditto that always has the attack slash. So when it transforms it's just a metalic version of the pokemon it copied. I also have a Yin-Yang pokemon named Hikugon (Hikari+Kuro+Dragon if you were wondering on the name) that's got a very complex design and it's black and white. Wings, tail, typical dragon with more of a tribal design to the wings instead with one wing white and the other black.

For Gyms (if you don't mind) I have an okay set up for it...
1 - Grass/Normal-------------Plains Gym------------------------------------Farmer Jones (weak lol)
2 - Ice--------------------------Frost Gym-------------------------------------Princess Glacey (I don't remember what it was before :P)
3 - Ghost/Dark----------------Haunted Gym---------------------------------Akuma (Means Devil in Japanese)
4 - ????--------------------------Scientific Gym (I'll explain in PM)---------Team Dawn Leader (name unknown yet)
5 - Psychic---------------------Phsycic Gym (Bland name 8P)-------------Houdini
6 - (Hard to catagorize)-----Collosseum Gym-----------------------------Emilie
7 - Dark/Psychic--------------Assylum Gym (All New)---------------------Kichigai (Means Crazy/Insane in Japanese)
8 - Fire/Water-----------------Steam Gym-----------------------------------Sean & Burns (Tag Team; Sean has Water and Burns has Fire)
Last edited by Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:46 pm

i like it so far, though do you have a list of the pokemon for each gym or the name of the leaders? and any pics for the pokemon you've come up with? if not it's fine, we can work on it all, but i like it so far

also, for the psychic gym, what about the Karma Gym?

oh, and i was thinking we could have some or all of the other starter pokemon be sort of common here, maybe in the reserve at least...just as an explanation of where they came from XD

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Well I do have names for the leaders and a set of pokemon for them (though it might change since I previously never had the last gym) and I could find pictures for the leaders, but the pokemon were entirely my idea so there's no pictures of them, but I can explain what they look like to the bestest of my abilities. I'm just going to edit in the leader's names okay?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:54 pm

it's fine, i was just curious...i've been looking around and i found a few lists of fake pokemon we could use as well...i'm going to end up with an eevee eventually because of 2 evolutions i found for it XD
don't know which one i want, but i like em both XD

but yeah, we don't have to have pics for everything, since it will mostl likely be just us and maybe one or two other people...and as i edit the map i'll post new pics of it

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:03 pm

is the second one a flying or bug or bug/flying or... what? hah hah. grass/flying even?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 pm

i'd guess it's bug/flying, lol, i don't know, i found one for almost every type in the game...hm, so...i think we still need more towns before we go too much farther XD

i'm editing a map as we...um...type i guess...and i'll a few more dots here and there

also, here is a link to where the newst official pokemon can be found http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Isshu_Pok%C3%A9dex

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm

here's a slightly updated version of the previous map...i added a few towns, a forest, and the brown area around the one black dot is where that area is in a deep valley, i was thinking you have to take that river route to get to the other town ar the end of the one river there

and i was thinking the dot above the mountains could be where the Frost Gym could be, maybe you have to fight on that frozen lake or something

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:29 pm

wait, are we having Generation V pokemon here too, well some of them? Also I guess I'll post some of the pokemon up here like the basic info, but describe what they look like tomorow or something snce I'm getting off soon... or I'll just do it tomorow, hah hah. Alright, never mind. I'll post some pokemon tomorow. And I'll think of some more town names and stuff and would it be okay if I pick a location for the gyms?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm

yeah, you can choose where the gyms are, i just thought that one might be a good place...and yeah, post the pokemon tomorrow if you don't have the time now...and yeah, some of all the pokemon can be found here, except for the legendaries of course

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 am

Couldn't sleep, so i remembered one of the new pokemon i wanted for this region and thought i'd add it and any others i could think of
(names can probably be changed)

Name: Kalfling (male/female)
Type: Normal
Species: Calf Pokemon/Baby
Evolution: at Lv. 15 a male will evolve into a Tauros while a female will evolve into a Miltank
Poke'Dex Entry:
Kalfling are very close to their parents, often seen following them so closely that they get smacked in the face by their parents tails. They are usually only seen on the Poke'Farms within (?) Region.
Height: 1.3 ft
Weight: 7 Lbs
Description:
Male Kalfling- small and tan, with tiny nubs for horns and only a single small stud on it's head between his horns, he has yet to grow a mane yet, and has but one short tail with only a few strands of hair on the end, rather than the tuft of a Tauros, his eyes are large and seem rather friendly, for now...
Female Kalfling- small, pink, and rather round even at such a young age, and no markings yet, rather than the small horns a Miltank would have she has only spots where they will later grow, and her tail is shorter tail with a smaller ball on the end, they are usually very shy

(here is a picture i found that will maybe help with looks Image)

i have another pokemon and it's evolution, but i'm not sure exactly how i want them to look, so it's hard to describe. they will be a rare pokemon to find, and one of the few to use a weapon. the first is, and the name can be changed to something better, Nekkob (bokken, the Japanese word for a wooden katana, backwards), and he would look like a small boy carrying a wooden sword and wearing a sort of samurai like outfit that varies in color, and that color gives it's evolution a special attribute. the evolution of it is Anatak (katana backwards), and he would be like an adult in a similar outfit to the child, but a darker shade of whatever color, carrying a metal katana, and in this stage they would be a steel/? type, the ? being the element represented by the color...think of the yu-gi-oh monster Sauske Samurai, just more pokemonish...

these two and the above baby pokemon are the main ones i wanna make for this region, and i would greatly appreciate help with them...i suck at describing things without a way to reference them...if i could i would just draw them and upload the pic...oh well...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cretetts on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey I would really love to help with this and eventually rp in this :D If you need help with anything just ask, and until then ill search for some cool looking fake pokemon!

cretetts
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 pm

sure, the more the better...i think Hirochi has the gyms set, but if you wanted to work on some town names, locations, stuff like that, it'd be a great help cause i keep drawing a blank XD

i guess once the gyms are set on the map and we have the main few towns/cities/sites we'll be going to, we can start the rp...i still can't decide on what starter pokemon i want though XD

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!