Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Dragon Age RP?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A Dragon Age RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Fri May 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello everyone! The title pretty much says it all, doesn't it? ;)

I've been in three Dragon age Rps in my time here and all of them has died due to poor GM activity or the participants abandoned it. Now, such things can't exist if this would start, now could it? :P

I have a general idea here on what the story should be about, however, if you have any ideas how to flesh out the story then do present them to me. ^_^

---

Our story starts 9 years after The Warden slew the demonic Archdemon, a month after Hawke went missing and two weeks after Cassandra interrogated Varric for answers; Thedas is at war! The Mages all over the world has broken free from the Chantries firm grasps and under rallying cries they scream the name "Hawke" before charging into battle after battle with the Templars that once held them down with their leashes. While this is happening the rest of the Chantry has abandoned their quest in finding the missing Warden and Hawke and resorted to their original plan; a sinister plan which will be presented during the course of the RP itself. The Grey Wardens are for the first time in the history divided; One part of the wardens has old family members within the circles and wants to support the mages in their war for freedom and independence while another group who has had problems with mages before wants to help the Templars restore order and bring this bloody revolution to a stop. A group of few wardens simple just want to stay neutral, but they are always dismissed or ignored by the others in their order.

You can be a Mage who has broken free and are fighting the Templars for you freedom, you can be a Templar who wants to push these abominations called "mages" into their towers again, A Grey Warden on either side of the fight or you could be part of a more mysterious group in the Chantry and help them prepare and later on execute their "Original plan".

Join us, Brothers and Sisters, join us in our darkest hour!

---

So that's the idea and if you want to join in and help to flesh out the details, characters and other things then do speak up here! :D Also we won't be RPing the main characters from either DA:O or DA 2. We'll be playing our own characters; We might hear about these main characters from the other games, but never RP as them. :)
Last edited by Sibrand on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: A Dragon Age RP?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Fri May 20, 2011 1:57 pm

I've edited some parts of the first idea since I saw that I had done some mistakes. I changed it so that you can either be a Templar or part of the other more mysterious group of the Chantry (The one Leliana and Cassandra's in). I hinted before that the templars were a group of their own, which they aren't. My bad.

Also, I've changed so that this plan of their is "The Original plan" instead of my silly mistake "Plan B". :P ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 am

Not that I think anyone is still interested, but I guess it's still worth a shot.

A small *Bump* is in order, wouldn't you say so?

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EnkoKasumi on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Pick me, pick me! I have a badass Templar I've wanted to use for ages! Thus, I would like to start a first idea with you. If you're fine with it, PM me for details?
"Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks - and no one's gonna ask, don't worry - but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead."
~

EnkoKasumi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Hmm same. Count me interested, I like the first story the most. PM me if you guys get this up and running? :)
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 am

Nice to people getting interested. However, I think it would be best if we discussed the story and the RP itself here together before we go any further. Since both fo you seem to be up for the first idea, then that's the one we're going for. ^_^ I'll edit the first page and erase the other two ideas.

Do you have any ideas that might give the story some more details seeing as what I've given you so far is but the big picture of the entire story ? ;)

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EnkoKasumi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:59 am

Is this going to be a RP for a small or a big group? I guess we will need quite a few of the OCs.
I don't think we should give away many details right from the start. The plotline will progress with the RP, especially if we form a group with good writers.

EnkoKasumi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 am

If possible, a big group around 6-8 people. Minimal around 3-4 people at least, not including myself. :)

And what do you mean by "the OCs"? Sorry, but I've never heard that before. :S If you mean "the Original characters", then no, we will not use any of the characters from the games. That's for the better. We shouldn't play as them and not even meet them. Although, we could hear about them in rumours or from other NPCs.

EDIT* Also I agree that we should not reveal to much, but some things should be discussed openly though. :P

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EnkoKasumi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am

Canon characters are from the game. And Original character - OCs are created by us roleplayers.

EnkoKasumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OverworkedWarden on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 pm

OHGOSHWHYHAVEINOTSEENTHISBEFORE?

Anyways, I'd love to join, I have a Tevinter Mage ready for any Dragon Age usage.
Of course I could always be flexible and not use her if she's not exactly a good character to use. > u >

And Sibrand... It took me a while to think of where I've heard that before... Assassin's Creed?
As a very short lived king but said, "GLORIOUS." many people began to swoon in the presence of his shining golden armor.

They'll Rob you Blind is my latest RP! :'D

OverworkedWarden
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 pm

OverworkedWarden wrote:OHGOSHWHYHAVEINOTSEENTHISBEFORE?

Anyways, I'd love to join, I have a Tevinter Mage ready for any Dragon Age usage.
Of course I could always be flexible and not use her if she's not exactly a good character to use. > u >

And Sibrand... It took me a while to think of where I've heard that before... Assassin's Creed?

Good!

Now we could stand with one or two more interested RPers and I could start the OOC along with the more fleshed out version of the Story. ;)

Oh and yes, I got the name from AC 1 when I first played it back when it was brand new. ^_^ I found him to be hilariously paranoid and thus, here you have his legacy, in a sort. xD Nice of you to notice, not many people do. ;)

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby crushed.linen.roses on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm

*/glomps thread/*

Oh yes! Me! I so am totally up for this! <3 <3 <3

:D

I hope this will be a tabbed RP.

And I also hope I will be allowed to make two characters --> one male, one female...just to help balance out gender ratios and stuff. :D

I want to make a blood mage. 8D */eeeeee/* Or a Chantry Seeker. *^*

crushed.linen.roses
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

crushed.linen.roses wrote:*/glomps thread/*

Oh yes! Me! I so am totally up for this! <3 <3 <3

:D

I hope this will be a tabbed RP.

And I also hope I will be allowed to make two characters --> one male, one female...just to help balance out gender ratios and stuff. :D

I want to make a blood mage. 8D */eeeeee/* Or a Chantry Seeker. *^*

Yes it will be a tabbed one, unless the rest of you votes that down. xP

And if you pledge your case I might let you have two characters, I might. I find it better to only have one in certain RPs. That way, you're more forced to interact with the others to get anywhere.

However, if you want to have two characters I could let you if their not on the same side. ^_^

One more interested and then I'll start preparing the OOC and the RP itself. :)

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Color me interested! I love DA, and I have a few characters for that setting. Once I had an idea of the mage/Warden/Templar balance, I'd decide based on that.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arizona55 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 am

I am very very interested!!!!

Arizona55
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 am

Nice! Alright so I'll start writing on the OOC and the Tab, but I won't be able to post it until after school. xD See you all later.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OverworkedWarden on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am

Yay~

Dragon Age RP will be made. ; u ;

And I used to loooove Sibrand.
It was fun to listen to him scream.

OverworkedWarden
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EnkoKasumi on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:41 am

So, is the RP already made? I never expected it to be so quick. Lovely. ^^

EnkoKasumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I just have to finish a couple of school things before i make the Tab and the OOC. It will be up today however.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry for delaying you all, but I won't be able to get it up until tomorrow, however feel free to ponder on your characters and make them ready once it comes up. ^^

Sibrand
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!