Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

MASS EFFECT RP. No, REALLY this time...

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

MASS EFFECT RP. No, REALLY this time...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Yup, you guessed it. I'm giving that tired old idea of a Mass Effect roleplay one more go. No, I've never attempted to start one before, but the internet is riddled with failed ones. Anyway, I'm running an interest check to ensure participation. Btw, this is your one-and-only SPOILER warning. I assume you’re up-to-date on the mass effect events including Novels & DLC, I’ll do my best not to spoil those things yada yada, anywhoâ€Ļ
I've written this one to maximize character freedom and development. The adventure will be freeform with only a few directional suggestions. I know that whenever people imagine living in the Mass Effect times, they imagine it BEFORE Sheppard changed everything. This is why I chose to set this story during that brief period of Sheppard being DEAD. This is to say, the Geth are still scary, heartless machines, The Protheans still built the relays, Collectors are still “just council propaganda,” Cerberus is still a bunch of evil scientists, the Rachni are still extinct, and Sovereign was still just “a one-time-thing”. The good news for you is that there are still people to enlighten, mercs to harass, Collectors to punch, and calibrations to complete. Batarians still hate Humans, Quarians still hate Geth, and Krogans still hate â€Ļwell most every squishy race, but especially the Turians and Salarians.

1. Create your character with classes, ranks, positions, abilities, & weapons.
2. Assemble OR join a crew.
3. Fight Against (or for) the Reapers or another organization.

The process will go like the games. Recruitment missions, loyalty missions, chatting up your crew, listening to news broadcasts & military transmissions, and investigating occurrences. I was even throwing some things in like boss challenges and ship upgrade opportunities. I will also heavily be encouraging inter-character romantic relationships, so don’t be bashful, grab somebody and KISS THEM (providedyou’replayingaracethatdoesthat). Oh, and hand-to-hand weapons will be reasonably permitted, so that plus biotics allows for the importing of Sword & Sorcery characters. I, myself, might adapt one of my ninja characters down the line.

SHOW OF HANDS?

UPDATE: NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS. JUST CLICK THE BANNER.
Last edited by Anonym0109 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
臨 å…ĩ 闘 者 įš† é™Ŗ 列 在 前
New MASS EFFECT RP. You know it deserves one.
Rivals, now & always.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: MASS EFFECT RP. No, REALLY this time...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:45 pm

I suppose I'll just bump this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Sounds like we may have poached a player from youtube. Bump, I suppose.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Im soooo in~ :D

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frea_Sheppard on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 am

As long as a Garrus character comes around soon I want to join.
Though I would even if there wasn't one. :)

Frea_Sheppard
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 pm

well, you can be a Turian and be similar in personality to Garrus, but He has a pre-made story. xD

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Webkinzfan91 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm in ^-^ I might not be very good though >.<

Webkinzfan91
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Confidence! thats all you need! >:D

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm

You all received a character form, right?

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Yep. :D

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Cant PM, so Ill post here. :D

WIP!
~~~~~~

Name: Ulia Crovex. Uli to close friends.

Race: Asari (Sue me Bitches. >o>)

Appearance:

Affiliation: Neutral. Subject to change.

Rank/Position: Daughter to Asari Crime Family with close ties to Eclipse Mercenary Group. Currently on the run from 'rescue Troopers' trying to bring her home to Illium.

Class: Asari Operator. ( Able to infiltrate, recon, steal and spy in almost any situation, having a 'jack of all trades, master of none' skill set in electronics, weapons, and interactions. )

Spoken Languages: English, Asari, Quarian, Some Batarian and some Turian. Understands Elcore from hard study, but obviously can not speak it.

Weapons: Two automatic Pistols with extended Thermal Clips and a Light weight, long range, low impact high piercing sniper rifle, five shot Thermal Clip. Two Omni-Tools modded to send out semi-harmful electronic pulses, able to stun or burn most organic life forms depending on the setting, and project small shields for very close Melee defense. Her combat full body suit has a camouflage function which will blend into the background of whatever the wearer is standing over, but the change takes a few minutes.

Known Tech Talents: Basic Computer Hacking skills, controlled EMP combat, striking enemies nerves with electronic pulses to stun and incapacitate, non lethal, requires extreme closeness to target to work.

Known Biotic Abilities: Basic Push, lift and Barrier, and Non-Basic Electrified versions of each, giving them a stun effect to Organics and a powerful damage to Tech and Synthetics.

Bio: (First, She is Recruit-able, Will not work with Eclipse in any way.)

Ulia is the young daughter of a powerful head of an Asari Crime Syndicate that works closely with the Eclipse Mercenary Band. Ulia left at the first possible chance, most of her young like spent learning skills and languages that would benefit her Mother, instead they helped her escape Illium to start her own life. Even as shy and kind as she is, she is entering the stage in life where she wants to see the Galaxy, make a fortune of sorta, and she needs to join a crew to do it, sure she could never make it alone. She despises Eclipse, and prefers to Avoid Illium. She will not work with anyone from or close to Eclipse, and is constantly being perused by Mercenaries hired by her Mother to bring her home. Currently she is working as a waitress on Omega, and despite her young age, she plays the part well, sexy, sweet, and good at serving drinks. Shes in the Bar trying to find a captain to take her on as a crew member for her skills, hopefully that will happen soon,a s the club is growing stale-and she dislikes being ogled for her body.

To Recruit Ulia, For now, head to Omega and head for Flux, shell be at the bar-looking nervous.

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ember232 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 am

Ember232
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm cool with it, not sure what a mod would say, but I'll just keep it on the DL until someone says something. That second one must have been really something to be cropped like that.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 pm

This Mod says that the first picture isn't appropriate, so I removed the link. Good luck with the game, guys.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R-91 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 am

Oy Oy Oy! Captain Kaerina will be reporting soon!

I am a close friend of Anonym, I do RP a female character, and yes.... I am a Guy <---

My bio shall be up soonish.... (that is if I can find it!)

R-91
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 am

Appreciated.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonym0109 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 am

The RP is now open for business, just Click the banner in my sig.

Anonym0109
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!