Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Suicide Diary

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Suicide Diary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Personally, I think it’s about time for a good zombie RP. I have seen many created, but none last or have what it takes to be great. Unless it's a video game or movie, it seems that is the only way this genre can be done right. But, I beg to differ. I think that with the right cast and GM, it can be just as good. And I think I have what it takes to create this RP.

The plot of the RP is pretty generic, I don't want to spend too much time on making my own, and so I will instead borrow from one. I am considering three different universes to borrow from:

1. Resident Evil: The universe is well thought out, offers different types of monsters, and the RP can get pretty in depth. But, you get people wanting to have special abilities, be cannon characters, and relate the RP too closely to the game.

2. The Walking Dead: The atmosphere from the comic and show is pretty similar to the one I am trying to create. It is really basic and to the point. This is the one I am considering most.

3. I Am Legend: Rather than dumb zombies, you have a more intelligent foe that is all around better. Humans also own the day and can walk the streets without fear of being killed. But, every building you enter has the potential of being a nest.

I will let the group decide which universe we will use and make my final decision after about a week. You may also suggest other universes. But, no matter the choice, our story will be different and stray completely from the original.

Speaking of our particular story... It will take place in some city (fictional or real), in some sanctuary, that the survivors have been living in for the past few months. It won't be like a domed city, but it won't be a couple chairs in front of doors either; they have been there for months, so it must be pretty safe.

There will be 20 or 30 people living there, but I am only allowing 5-10 RPers in the RP. There will also be roles, to ensure a variety of characters backgrounds and histories. Furthermore, our characters will have set stats and talents. Think Fallout or any RPG game, where you create and level your character.

The actual RP will be about day-to-day survival in the base and missions to gather supplies. The world, NPCs, and monsters will be controlled by a Dungeon Master. We will also use a post order, as I see this as efficient way of doing things. I also thought it would be cool to make each post resemble a diary entry. Like each characters is keeping their own Suicide Diary or journal, in which they write in daily. So each post would be custom and every diary would have its own name.

If you are interested in this, say so and feel free to share ideas and thoughts. Everything is subject to change.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!