Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[Created!] Witches and Vampires and Humans, oh my!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

YOU INTRIGUED, BRO? (Be honest, you bastard.)

Yes, but I suck and am below your standards forever. :'(
25%
Yes, and I believe I am competent! I shall communicate with you eagerly!!
63%
No!! I suck too much AND I want my sparkly snowflake OC vampirez romance waaaah.
No votes
No!! I am competent but YOU suck! Sheesh, so mediocre and yet so picky.
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: Legit Vampire RP Pleaaaase. :\

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Yeah, for sure that's easy enough
Gimme a message if it happens

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kdls420
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Well I'm always down for a old fashioned vampire rp! ^.^

My last successful vampire rp on this site was Society's Rose. It was about a rogue witch who found her destiny in the very vampire of which her Mother (Leader of the main Witch Coven) hunted. So they ended up making an alliance (The rogue witch and the vampire king) trying to forge a new union amongst the underworld.

There were Vampire, Witches/Warlocks, and a select few shapeshifters (Like Vampires with the ability to take on a specific animal form) ...BTW the only roles humans played were that of (A) Food (B)Snitches (C)Bait

**So maybe this could be an event in vampire history and your rp takes place afterwards... with the outcome of the said Witch and King's alliance being left to you and your opening post.

ANYWHO... Just wanted to add something of which I know to maybe something that might come to be!

I'd love a good vampire play!!
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:54 pm

CHECK OUT THAT FIRST POST! It has been edited with information.

Guys, stop voting the first option, I just feel bad now. xD
No, keep at it if you must, but if you feel maybe borderline good, I'm completely and utterly willing to try to help you improve with character sheet critiques and whatnot. I have loads of free time and a mostly-empty inbox. Won't guarantee entry into the rp if it's made, but hey, better than nothing. <3
Last edited by Wudgeous on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 pm

HI CRYSTALROSE! I didn't see your post before I posted my own, haha, sorry. So I kind of double posts:

I'm intrigued by the witch and vampire alliance you mention. While I'm not sure I'd like to make a sequel after something (fresh ideas are my thing, once more), it sounds like you had something good going. :)

...... AUGH YOU TEMPT ME. Okay, maybe I will loosely base the "history" of my roleplay off of concept your roleplay, maybe. I'm not too into shapeshifters... except perhaps mermaids.
Guys, would it be strange to have mermaids in a setting with vampires? :| Totally serious.

So far available character slots in my head are:
3-4 Vampires (one born-vampire)
2-3 Witches (male or female, for the record)
2-3 Humans (Professionals in some form or other, MORE difficult to kill than most mortals and possibly subject to change in race as the story progresses)
1 Werewolf (must be sassy/sarcastic, even if he keeps it to himself. NO ANGST ALLOWED.)

Feel free to throw some races (or sub-species) around, this is a brainstorming post as well because I said so.
Last edited by Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Well I'm not sure how one would go about making it so that mermaid coexist in a world of vampires... but stranger things have been done!!!

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Depends, if these mermaids can charm even a werewolf into going into the water then they bite its FUCKING head off, then yeh
haha just kidding.
And on the character thing, I'd rather have a character die than live at the end of a roleplay, unless it's a character I "resurrect" for another roleplay
it just makes for better stories honestly

kdls420
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Thinking over it some, sirens could be a sub-species of Witch.

No, I can't just edit my post--NO OKAY FINE I'll edit in addition to posting this.

Edit: Kdls, I think I like you. Okay, how about this; a species of witch that is more powerful around water. Rather like superman and his sunshine. Normally they only have the ability to mesmerize, but in a body of water, can transform into something vicious for food. Eh? Eh?
And yes, makes sense. :) When it's your character, you can do what you want with him/her! I have no objects to OC deaths, just PM me a little while before you do it. Hell, I could assist in deaths if anyone so desires, because I'm going to have a GM-tool of a character for that purpose among others. (To discourage people from going inactive 8D)

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Re: Legit Vampire RP; Among Other Things

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Bumping because I updated the first page! And no one commented on it! Sob, sob.
Also, I've pretty much finished writing out the roleplay... loser that I am. But I'll not clutter up thread space, so have at the introduction:

Somewhere, a phone rang.

Without entirely knowing why, you soon had it in your hand;
Pressed against your ear.
There was silence on the other end outside a faint sizzling.
Then there a startlingly deep voice
And it asks:

"How much are you worth?"

You entertained the thought of it being God's voice on the other line
Just for just a split second.
Though it seemed to be too long of a wait
For the voice spoke again
Offering you more digits than you could count.

You laugh.
He laughs.
There is an unnerving silence.

He offered more, hitting all the right buttons.
He knew about your problems, offered to lift them.
He knew about things you never realized you needed.
He knew about that.
He tempted, as lazily as you imagined the Devil would.
The Devil, after all, had endless resources.
The Devil did not need to beg.

You have only one concern
Other than the slight fear that he will take your humoring, sarcastic statements seriously.
You pop a hypothetical question,
Say, you do work for him as he wishes...

Like a babbling brook tainted with an oil spill,
His baritone chuckle trickled along the phone line
Riverdanced along the side of your face.
The reply was far too clearly feigned, and the speaker was feigning relief.

"I was expecting a more difficult inquiry. The standard procedure for a dissenter is very simple,"

"I will kill you."

GOOD? TERRIBLE? I'm sorry. I'll get better. Turn me into a newt.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Re: Witches and Vampires and Humans, oh my!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smith on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 pm

...interested....

9.9 do I get to kill things?

Smith
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 pm

In one word?

Yes.
Many things. The majority of your job will be killing things. 8D Unless you specialize in... idk, something else like... like non-vital wounding. A leg-chopping expert or something.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:03 am

Sounds cool. Let me know if/when you get this thing up and I'll gladly join, friendly neighborhood Wudge.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Birchskins on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:19 am

Oh coolio, an attractive vampire role-play, with unisex witches= very appealing :D Though I probably would have joined anyway, with the mention of "witches", "vampires" and the aura of "anti-Twilight".
And the introduction was intriguing, if not just a bit scary at the end.

Have you thought of swan-maidens/selkies? The difference between these species to your proposed siren witches theory being that a swan-maiden, or selkie, don't have much power other then to shift into one form, which can also be taken away easily by stealing either their animal or human "coat"... ah, sorry if I suggested an idea too soon; the thought of sub-species, that seem entangled in mythology, is too temping ^^;

Birchskins
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 am

._.

((You sent me a personal tack-on? ;-; I'm touched. No! I'm BEYOND touched! I'm... I'm... T_T YOU RULE!))

I shouldn't... I know I shouldn't... But I may give it a try. MAY. Simply because I'm afraid I may not have enough time for one more. But, then again, if a character presents itself, I will not hinder its cause.

<_< You'll most likely, probably, see me adding a character to your well described and beautiful RP. Because I enjoy torturing my mind and I enjoy, nay ADORE, WUDGE! <3

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 am

Just throwing in my lot here, very very interested in this. I've been on the lookout for something involving vampirism/mythology/folklore that doesn't go down the Twilight or super-cute-anime-everything routes.

That being said, even though my initial interest was for playing a vampire or human in this kind of setting, the description of werewolves in the first post has really seduced me. My ideal imagining of werewolves was always that anarchistic personality archetype, coupled with what would ideally be some pretty horrific and grotesque forced transformation. 'Easy' transformations in some fiction never really sat too well with me for that reason, they should be rare, involving the realigning/growth of bones to accomodate for a larger skeletal structure, vital organs shifting around and expanding. All that good stuff that I'd imagine would be pretty lengthy and unbearable process unless you had a degree of sadomasochism in you.

My rambling aside, some awesome ideas being thrown around in here so far. Made me finally stop lurking and register.

... and I won't lie, the Wudge-love from Lovely VonSchultz was pretty inspiring

Casla
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Bwaaaa, wonderful, lengthy comments! Yay <333

Also, for the record guys, I should probably mention this will take place in the 1990s. Why? Well, I could be all sentimental and say something about how I'm almost twenty and the 90s are my childhood... or I could say they had the best fucking cartoon shows.

Or I could say, PAGERS! We need an easy way to keep in touch with one another, and cellphones are lame. You can still have one if you're just that rich though, I suppose.

Not gonna harp on anyone's historical inaccuracies though. It's AU for goodnes sake. <3

Birchies: PFFFF oh you kids and your anti-Twilight. xD You're the third one to mention them. I DID NOT ONCE BRING THOSE DAMNED BOOKS UP! Ahahahaha. Ahh; on selkies and things... talk to me about that individually once the tab is up? :) If you can give me a good, solid reason why you should get to have one, and how she(/he?) will be a valuable asset to the team, I'm willing to allow you (and anyone else) to have almost any race--or sub-race if you can make it fit.
(Except dragons, because now we're just getting silly).
You'll also have to come up with your own background knowledge on the race--how common they are, how they relate to other races, etc. And thanks!! Very relieving to know the intro had that effect. <3

Vonnie: Of course I sent you one! <3333 It just seems so cold to send everyone the exact same message, I can't do it.
Ahurhurhur coooooooooome to meeeeeeeeeeeee, Vvvvvvvooonnnniiiiieeee. For serious though, don't let this roleplay hinder you if you don't have time for it. But if you prooomise not to stress THEN GO GO GO GO FOR IT!! I'm endlessly happy you find it beautiful even though I've only presented scatterbrained fragments. xD

Casla: HI NEW BUDDY! Nice to meet you, and welcome! :)
You know, I never thought about the painful process of becoming a werewolf--I know right, GASP! WUDGE DIDN'T THINK OF SOMETHING?? All I got about the transformation from recent ruminations is "It's so silly to suddenly pop out an entire coat of fur in less than a minute; if they were cleanly shaven then they should prrrrobably stay that way."
See, I'm not a werewolf person at all. xD I have a furry friend irl, so I am rather sick of the WOOOOLVES ARE SSSOOO COOOOOOL!!!! thing certain people have going. But I think you might be able to make it interesting. :) Your description was wonderful and completely believeable, and you seem fairly thoughtful; I like that. I like you. <3 Do stick around!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Double posting because I have something extreeeemely important I need to ask, and it deserves its own comment space.

Guuuuys! What sounds better for a roleplay title? "Good Evening" or "Good Evening, Monsters!" ?

Or, if you have something better, have at me. xD I can't make the tab without a name; I'm pretty much done with it until someone needs me to elaborate on things.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:08 pm

HEY!!1 Can I make a witch hunter? OH PLEASE?!?!?!

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh, why not. I assume and suggest him/her to be human, unless it's... a vengeful vampire/werewolf. Or a witch with very strange logic. <<:| Actually, be whatever race you want, I trust you can make it work. :) <3

But scroll up one post and vote on a roleplay name, dammit!!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

OH! VOTE! I like the first one. :)

I'M GONNA MAKE HER TOTALLY EFFING AWESOME! <3 I will start working on her prolly tomorrow morning or something. YAY! :>

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Casla on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I personally like "Good Evening, Monsters!", even though with that title and the (fantastic btw) intro it conjures up a "Saw"-like scenario in my mind for some reason, haha.

Casla
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!