Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

[Created!] Witches and Vampires and Humans, oh my!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

YOU INTRIGUED, BRO? (Be honest, you bastard.)

Yes, but I suck and am below your standards forever. :'(
25%
Yes, and I believe I am competent! I shall communicate with you eagerly!!
63%
No!! I suck too much AND I want my sparkly snowflake OC vampirez romance waaaah.
No votes
No!! I am competent but YOU suck! Sheesh, so mediocre and yet so picky.
13%

Total votes : 16

[Created!] Witches and Vampires and Humans, oh my!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:11 am

NOW UP! Redirect yourselves with this clickable banner:

-----------------------[anything past here was written prior to August 5th.]

[I can change the title as many times as I damned well want to! u______u But I think this is a better description. It will likely stay.]

Tired of seeing twu wuv romance-centered beginner vamp roleplays--just no, seriously. Interested in more monstrous, gritty, or realistic portrayals, where death of innocents is not merely handwaved nor a cause of supreme angst. At the same time, quirks and funny habits and unique characterization encouraged! I do not want them to be Eeeevil creatures who know naught but eeeeevil. I want them to be as human and normal as the next guy, just with different eating habits and anything else that comes with the vampy package (such as speed, fangs, flight, aversion to sunlight, or whatever other nonsense you guys come up with).

• THEY SHALL NOT BE "HAWT" or I will kill you so hard. Young vampires shall look young and be as inexperienced as they appear (enhanced speed though? A-okay). Old ones shall be wise and MUCH more powerful, looking just as old and veiny as they are. Exceptions shall only apply to ones who were born vampires (their pregnant momma was bitten, etc), and have more time to get the hang of the business, but they shall be much less inept at catching prey and blending in with human beings. There shall be flaws. There shall be good characterization.
    Rp does not have to revolve around vampires. Just so long as they exist and are playable characters, I am happy.

• This is kind of an [interest check!] crossbred with [whoring myself out!] to any preexisting roleplay that needs a vampire character (because I'd rather not clutter up this site with multiple rps that have the same basic concept). So's, if anyone needs a vampire character or is interested in starting something up with me, throw a comment or PM this-a way.

• But if you're going to use an animu profile picture, and the majority of your character sheets read like fighting game character profiles; I probably won't like you very much. :P Best not to comment to save yourself the trouble. Otherwise, please do! I promise I secretly very friendly. You will be aware of this fact very quickly if you manage to impress me, which believe it or not, has been done before.

All righty, I've said my piece. Take care, have a nice day. <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addition as of August 3rd.
Okay, I guess I'm starting a roleplay after all. I am so weak. So terribly weak to even the subtlest of encouragement... Vampires will still be taking center stage, but I thought I'd share some WIP things I've got for other races available for you to play:

(2-3 slots)
"WITCH, n. (1) Any ugly and repulsive old woman, in a wicked league with the devil. (2) A beautiful and attractive young woman, in wickedness a league beyond the devil.”
-Ambrose Bierce

Known for having strong bonds with animals; witches are both male and female. Females are simply much more common.

Much like how age and being undead ails vampires, witchcraft takes its toll on a witch's appearance, but in an entirely different manner. While a vampire will merely seem a particularly spry senior citizen (if he is good at being a vampire), a witch will completely lose the ability to blend into a crowd. Their skin becomes taut and unable to bear fat, and their bodies lose color--something known as the Fade. Some witches will be as pale as skulls with hair whiter than chalk; often these sorts had spent their lives perfecting hexes and poisons. Some witches used their power to create charms and heal the less fortunate; often their skin, eyes and hair will be without shine, far darker than a moonless night. A witch hunter once suspected the latter defied the fine print of their Contract with the devil, and thus were banished to become one with the shadows, but this is something only a witch would be able to confirm.
Their nails turn yellow and they tend to lose their eyesight, or at least become color blind. These witches may appear youthful, but are unable to wander freely in public... for the most part.
They have the largest range in age, and the Fade can begin to take them at any given moment. While there is the general pattern of black witches being Good and white witches being Evil, witchcraft is not entirely unlike grammar. There are always exceptions to every rule, except that one.
(lol bonus points if someone mentions how Harry Potter impacted their lives.)

(2-3 slots)
“Our greatest strength as a human race is our ability to acknowledge our differences, our greatest weakness is our failure to embrace them.”
-Judith Henderson
What is there to say? You've seen all those alien flicks. "Puny humans" indeed... until the large-forehead blue one gets a bullet between the eyes. Humans are the most flexible, conventional, and able to work with what they've got. How else would they have the largest population despite having such a brief lifespan? Many have grown lazy and fat, but there are some who have not forgotten, who have had stories passed onto them from their grandparents whose grandparent's grandparent's great great grandparents once fought terrible abysmal creatures.
Hitmen, special agents or other forms of weapons experts are most likely to be among our ragtag group. Or whatever else the plot opens up. WE'LL SEE! We don't have a plot yet! 8D

(1 slot)
"“Never moon a werewolf."
-Mike Binder
Oh buddy, the years have not been kind to your kind. Generally wild and ruthless creatures that they are, werewolves have had extremely little success in adapting to the changing world. You know, what with the development of machine guns, sniper pilots, bombs and other animal extermination devices.
Quirks include strength, allowing you to give a tank an "OH SHIT!" dent if you managed to be stealthy enough. Another lovely gift from your predecessors is supreme self-control, allowing you to convert your fanatic cravings for ripping flesh into pacing, and perhaps a single player game of checkers if you're especially lucky. Each werewolf tends to have his or her own unique style of keeping themselves occupied on a full moon, usually a favorite hobby. A strange one. One other people won't try to join in on.
More quirks? Enhanced smell! Usually a bad thing, actually. There's also rapid hair growth. Um. There's also the easily developed muscles!! Leading to a couple of weres to run with their tails behind their legs... into the bodybuilder modeling industry. Oh gad.
Unlike vampires, weres are not provoked by blood, only an strong urge for chaos and wanton destruction. Think of it like having a boner; no pun intended. Many keep their rooms as messy as possible for utmost comfort, some going as far as having a sort of reverse OCD. Werewolves tend to stay well away from one another, often to the point where there are only four to six in a country at a given time. Yes, my friend: you are going extinct. Of course, this is a good thing, right...?
(Anything not covered is up for speculation by the roleplayer. Lucky bastard will get to be the only playable wolf in this entire thingabob, after all! Intensive discussions with the GM required if you want this role, and I expect you to run with as many ideas as you can.)
Last edited by Wudgeous on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Legit Vampire RP Pleaaaase. :\

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 am

I'd pm you but I can't seem to at the moment
I'd wanted to join a vampire thread that focuses on vampires, instead of classic vampire vs werewolves, that either involves an older ageless society of vampires (Blade, Underworld) or a group of renegade vampires in something similar
anything peak your interest?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kdls420
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 am

Yeeeees! Yes, yes, yes! :) I was just telling this other person that I was so tired of the werewolves thing; thank you very much. For... yeah, sharing my viewpoint. xD I would like some other "races" to come into play, maybe witches or sandmen or something. Probably a human or two. Maybe ONE werewolf. But the plot can totally revolve around the vampires, or they're just the main players--I'm completely open to that possibility!

I'm into having an open world, so there would probably be both the renegade and the ageless society; no one can ever agree on everything, so there's bound to be multiple factions haha.

Also, if you just joined, you need to make ten forum posts before it'll allow you to PM people. I know, lame, but it's supposed to cut spambots or something.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Sounds interesting, but if I recall in Dracula and other works of fiction (not Twilight...) the attractiveness of the vampire was to make it easier for them to capture their prey. But I see it as a bad way for them to blend in.
This sounds pretty interesting all and all.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Oh, I don't disagree with that. What I meant by "hawt" is the beginner's idea of it. Pretty boy. Bishounen. "SO HAWT!!!!1111" you know? Empty shells who have nothing else going for them, for the most part. "Hot" is fine, but I expect damned good flaws to go with it. I never said they all had to be ugly.
But hell, who says attractiveness can only apply to appearance? Charisma and humor, for example, are still charming, ain't they? Or do you only look for looks?

If someone had to describe your character with one word, and it was "hawt"--and you have no problem with this--this is not the thread you should be interested in. <3

Edit: Lol that sounded mean, huh? It wasn't "you" in the specific sense, bro, it's the "general" you. Elaborating it for everyone. Thanks for bringing it up!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

No problem. I think a lot of people could get confused by the fact that you say they shouldn't be attractive, when in reality you don't want something thats little more than a pretty face.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 pm

You address someone who doesn't care for the easily confused. :) I would sooner allow a roleplay idea to flop than allow in roleplayers who assume all the wrong things without asking questions.

But thanks for the concern!

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Do you play Vampire the Masquerade, by chance?

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:10 pm

In case your interested I started an interest check that includes a RP like the one I described earlier

kdls420
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:10 pm

The LARP...? I went to one meeting, then never when again because one guy was being kinda creepy. xD (And it was not IC). Assuming I know what it is, you're thinking of bringing up the "multiple factions" business, yes?

In any case, do go on, because it sounds like you're starting a point. I'm listening. <3

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 pm

not the Larp. The tabletop game.
The Larp is but a very small part of it.

Factions, beh.
Clans, my friend. Let me know if you want to hear more.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh god, someone picked the incompetence option. I'm deathly amused; either they're being sarcastic at me or sincerely feel they suck. FEEL BETTER, ANONYMOUS! <3 You'll get better, be it your mood or your skills. Love ya, truly, I'm just a picky douche.

Kdls, I'll check it out! And Lost, hmm. See, I like original stuff. I like things fresh and raw. So, if you have an interpretation of these clans you mention, or something YOU created that's very loosely based off of them, I'm interested. Otherwise, you would waste the energy in your finger muscles. xD

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Well let's see.
I prefer the loose vampire rp style in which there were originals, and then there were more. there were olds, news, those killed in things like the inquisition.
And that there are less nightclub vampires than you would think.

As for their powers and such,
Oh man.

You know, i really would wind up typing you an essay, here.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Heh? You keep holding back bro, are you seeking something? As a rule of thumb: type as much as you want so long as it's well spaced. I'll probably read it.

I never really understood the concept of nightclub vampires myself, because with age, I'm sure they would lust for a challenge and try other locales. Get crafty, get creative, call themselves artists (or you know, just call themselves smart). If they repeat the nightclub pattern oooover and oooover, well, it's a pattern. People are going to notice, and said nightclub vampires won't last long.

By the inquisition bit....... uhhh. You mean they died and came back as vampires, right....? Because if they just. If they died in the inquisition. Then, um. I find it kind of hilarious, but I don't know how we'd work with that unless it's meant to be backstory. xD

But because I'm unfamiliar with Vampire the Masquerade, I HOPE YOU'RE MAKING ALL THIS UP! Like I said, I like fresh ideas. If you're just sharing stuff someone else created, I am shunning you, son.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 pm

This, i'm making up.

As in died, there are ways to eliminate a vampire. It's in my personal belief that everything can come to an end, based off of the simple argument by Anselm

if existing was an essential attribute for anything, that means it cannot not exist, therefore it exists everlastingly.

As in vampires are not so otherworldly that they...EXIST.So yes, a vampire can be killed. In the inquisition, the spanish one, i have no doubt in my mind that, if there are vampires, some were eliminated entirely.

Even though their bodies do not seem to age or tire, it is in my firm belief that they do, just at a much slower pace. Aging done by the human part, no more. But you're telling me that you can completely defy gravity? As in stop your earlobes from drooping a bit? Also, simple physics still have to apply, just not at such a rapid pace. A vampires hair color may not change and he may not grow skin spots or "old" per say, however i think wrinkles (at least from smiling and such) do happen over time.
In the same retrospect, i think that over time vampires can reverse cosmetic aging depending on how advanced their regeneration has gotten.

i hope this makes sense.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Haha, all righty, I thought you meant for the dead inquisition vampires to be playable characters so I was all whaaaat.

I concur, on the sole basis that it wouldn't be fair if a vampire could not be killed. Immortal, certainly, but that doesn't mean they'll live forever.
The "I CAN'T BE KILLED, BAWWWW" form of immortality is not a curse; it just gets boring for the immortal after a while, and is a cause of Angst Deus Machina, which I can't stand. So yup. Any vampire I work with will only be immune to dying from old age.

Hell, I'm sure vampires die on a daily basis if they were common enough in numbers, but if you want the Spanish inquisition to eliminate a large number of them, sow the seeds of suspicion and actually fear for their personal well-beings, then I'm all for that. Gives them a good reason not to be too cocky.

But I'm also all for grey hair. There's nothing wrong with grey hair. This will be required of all "ancient" vampire OCs who are very powerful, just because it seems wrong if they're old and amazing... and don't have grey hair. :(

As for the gravity thing--it's interesting you bring that up. Weight depends on diet, no? :D If they feed on nothing but blood, then they'd probably (PROBABLY because idk how much weight gain blood causes) be lighter than most, allowing faster movement and, perhaps, partial "defying of gravity" as you say. They have a bit of an excuse to look younger for longer (but naturally, NOT forever). Ones that still enjoy eating food and drink even though they don't need to will gain weight, and be more droopy looking more quickly. And, y'know, fat.

I don't argue against smile wrinkles though. Smile wrinkles make me happy.

And if this is going to be a modern roleplay, who says a vampire can't just run around and get plastic surgery every several decades? It could tie into his or her personality: likely very vain.

I hope I make sense. <3

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I NEED a good vampire RP so if you guys get anything goin' let me know?

kdls420
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 pm

I'll be sure to PM you! You be sure to get those ten posts in. xD

The thing with me is that I need a good, solid plot, or else I will adamantly refuse to start anything. Well... plot and some talented roleplayers to be interested enough to stick around. ;)

But be wary; if I start something, I'm gonna be supremely picky with applications. (Although if you're willing to rework an app up to three or more times, I doubt you'll have much to worry about). JUST SAYIN' so no one can say I didn't warn them.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kdls420 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm tryin haha,
and it's your story so I'd be willing to change my apps cause I really never know what to put down which is kind of why I liked when everyone used skeletons on this website but maybe I'm just old fashioned.
I just wanted to know though, what's your stance on posts, because I like writing but when people put 1,000 minimums on threads it can get frustrating trying to fill in, I'm not saying my posts will be 20 words, when there's not a whole lot goin on. I can crank out a good 800 words if given proper motivation though.

And for your sticking around part, I'm kind of stranded in BC for about nine days so I got lots of time

kdls420
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Another thing--I don't know if and when it'll happen, so it may be a bit of a long wait before I contact you haha... But we'll see!

But anyways, I'd say three full paragraphs at least, depending on events. 500-800 average, I'd guess?
Your character profile though should be well over 2,000 words. There will be a lengthy enough skeleton though, worry not about coming up with everything from scratch. :)

THAT'S MY STANCE FOR YA. <3

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!