Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Colors of a Prism [Int Check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Colors of a Prism [Int Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Hello, I've made this RP a couple times and I have no idea if it's either 1) a bad idea or 2) "ahead" of its time, but this RP just seems to never even start so I'm going to make this Interest Check and hopefully people will look at this and be interested in the story. So here we go.

Reserved Colors
Onyx
Pink
Violet
Lavender (Floral)
Dim Gray
Silver
Charcoal
Metallic Green
Pale Yellow
Emerald
Silver-Blue
Crimson
Dark Orange

A group of Archeologists go into the Amazon Forest and find a hidden Temple which oddly resembles the Mayan pyramids, and decide to explore it. They find out many neat things, but no one will ever hear about any of them because after entering and tinkering with the temple, they activated a trap which sealed the doors and awakened the demon inside of it. As the temple's last resort, it removed the colored tablets from the walls and sent them around the world attaching to people, animals, and objects. What used to be on the tablets are now tattooed onto these new objects and give the user great powers; a power to wield Colors. A mysterious message is sent out over the internet about these strange tattoos that appeared, but no one knows where they came from or what they do... for now. Is there a way to remove yourself from this curse, or will you be hunted down by those who want to take your powers?

Basically, when the Tablets removed their energy and sent it across the planet, it made Tattoos that were the color of the Tablet (red tattoo, blue tattoo, etc.) and depending on the color, you had magic powers, but they are very specific powers (Forest Green - While touching anything green, you are allowed to teleport to anything else green that has some sort of path to what you were previously touching). Here's a example; Amethyst - Allows you to create a 3x3 ft, thin, purple tinted wall that cannot be destroyed in front of you. The wall cannot move from its original position. This is a good ability because it has an acceptable effect, but still has a drawback.

Having troubles thinking of colors? No problem ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
Having troubles thinking of an ability? Just PM me or try to find ideas online. Look an "Kinesis" or "Magic Powers."

This is what I have so far, hopefully there are a few people who are interested in this XD Any questions can be sent to be via PM or posted right below.
|
|
|
|
V
Last edited by Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Colors of a Prism [Int Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Johnapillar on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 pm

This doesn't seem too bad, the main problem seems to be a lack of any cohesive plot or story. You've given us why these people have their powers, but not what they're supposed to do with them. If you do have a plot line, I think you should mention it more. It's that which draws people in, rather than just creating a world with powers.

I hope this has been helpful~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr.Johnapillar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:28 pm

ah, I must've forgot the plot up there, hah hah. I was probably more concentrated on the topic of what the RP was based around. Well the plot is; After recieving the powers, they get a message from somene who has a power, like them, and tells them there is a way to relieve themselves of their power. You could either travel to the location in search of relieving your powers, or tryo to stop those who want to take your powers away.

Black and White cannot be taken as colors since they are used by the Demon that resides in the Temple. I will be playing a major villian and his henchmen ( probably the only villians int he RP besides those who decide to join me).

I thank you for pointing this out, Mr. Johnapillar.

(Reserved Colors are... Onyx, Pink, Violet, Lavender (Floral), and Gray.)

Please, anymore Questions?

EDIT: P.S. - Besides the main plot of the RP being "Find out how to return/Gain more power," it will be ,obviously, to stop the main villian from stealing all of the Colors since his motive is to create a New World where he is the God. Cliche? Perhaps, but he has a more descrete motive revolving around that.

I hope people are interested in this! XD

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knightsofsin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 pm

This looks interesting... I'd love taking a role. May I reserve a color?

Knightsofsin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Sure, but right now I'm looking for people who are interested in joining, but you can reserve a Color if you'd like XD Just make sure your power isn't too powerful.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:08 pm

I am very interested, I would like to reserve Silver and Royal Blue since I don't know which I would want more
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Good, at least 2 people wanna join now, hah hah.

BTB, forgot to mention this before, but if you pick a Color like Blue, your ability can't be "Controls Water." That's not specific. It should be something like "Can control water that's in a liquid state at least 3 ft around him."

Also, here's kin of the general categories for Colors (subject to change/adjustments/etc.)
Blue - Water/----
Red - Fire/Emotions
Yellow - Electricity/Movement
Purple - Mind/----
Green - Wind/Nature
Gray - Misc.

There are obviously more Colors, but I can't think of abilities they would have specifically. Anymore takers?

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knightsofsin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Can I take more than 1 color? You mention they go onto objects so does that mean I can have a weapon with a power too?

Knightsofsin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Yes, technically. Your body can only have 1 color on them and items can only have 1 color on them (this rule is not applied to the Beast). I'm going to allow people to have up to 2 colors though to prevent people from becoming over powered. This is an example of the main villian: Body - Pink, Sword - Onyx. He has 2 colors, but his body only contains 1 color. If someonw takes his sword, they can use it's power, but I'm making it mandatory for items (and some body colors) to have a command word/phrase so they can only be triggered at that moment.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Can I reserve Metallic Green and Pale Yellow (Sandstorm)? For both an item and character. =3 RP looks awesome!

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 am

I don't remember seeing this rp idea up before (though i have been gone for a bit, lol) but I'm interested. Not sure exactly what color(s) I'd like right now, but I'll think about it and get back to you.

Also, might want to think about keeping a running list of reserved colors in the opening post, if you can. I know on another site I'm on they changed it so you can't edit your posts after so long...
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 am

you don't need your abilities reserved yet, just colors. And I will do that, Soul. I'm glad people are finally expressing some interest hah hah.

PS: I'll have an example character up too so you can kind of get an idea of what you should be thinking of when it comes to Colors, Powers, and equipment.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:07 am

(This is not the official Character Sheet)

Name: Tsuki Hana
Sex: Male
Appearance: -------
Personality: Shy, young boy who wants to protect his friends
Color: Indigo - Allows him to twist the space around a person. He must hand his hand extended towards the person he wishes to fall under his power and depending on what direction his palm is facing, that's the direction everything goes in an area of the targeted person, arms length around. He can only target 1 person and he must have his arm extended the whole time. He cannot make them kill anyone or kill themselves.
Tattoo/Mark: In the shape of an elipse with a filled circle at the center. Also has 4 wiggling lines extending from the top of the eye but with a little space between.
Equipment:
1) Kuroimaru (Ebony) - A sword that has the blade coming out of a ahndle designed like a snake's head where the blade comes out the mouth. A, Ebony mark in the shape of an "S" with 2 spikes coming out of the top part like fangs is located on the blade near the hilt. By calling out "Black Fang!" The blade will turn black and be able to slice through anything (besides the air) but begins to drain away at the users consious state. Using the power too long will render the user unconsious and in extreme cases, make them go into a coma. You can deactivate the blade by shouting "Retreat, Kuroimaru!"

Something like that. You have to be real specific about your powers. Also, powers that are on items usually require a Command Word/Phrase and sometimes it's required for normal powers.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 am

Scratch the Royal Blue reservation. Replace it with Charcoal. I still want Silver too tho

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlphaStigma on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 am

I was a little bit iffy at first, but after reading a little more, I'm definitely game, Hirochi. Would it be possible to reserve emerald green and moonlight (silver-blue)?

AlphaStigma
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Sure thing, Alpha. I'll probably have the RP up sometime today. I'll post a link in here after I make it too so you don't miss it.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I think I'll take Crimson and Dark Orange, if that's cool. I look forward to this rp ^_^

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Oooo Crimson. I never even thought of that color. Can't wait to see what you come up for that one!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!