Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Advanced RP Partner - Medieval Fantasy Roleplay! :)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Advanced RP Partner - Medieval Fantasy Roleplay! :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi, everyone!

I'm horrible at these looking-for threads as I tend to get carried away with loads of details and requirements, so I'll try to keep it short!

I wish to play a female tiefling who would meet your character in one way or another and, after that, follow him for one reason or another - either out of necessity, curiosity or something else. If you're unfamiliar with tieflings, they are basically humans with some form of fiendish ancestry in their blood and are thus somewhat deformed, with horns, pointed teeth, a tail and so on. Tieflings aren't demons, they simply have traits that make them society outcasts for the most part. If you're interested in reading more, feel free to follow this link. There aren't a lot of them about at all and are, because of their dubious ancestry, regarded as second-class citizens, distrusted, shunned and sometimes even taken advantage of or assaulted by vigilantes who think they're doing the right thing.

However, whether you are familiar with the D&D setting or not is irrelevant. Because I am a thieving little bugger, I'm willing to snatch the tiefling race and put it into an original fantasy world created by both of us. I'm leaning more towards a medieval fantasy world than not but we can work things out as we go.

The plot will be up to discussion, but I propose a plot built from the two characters' stories; yours and mine. So, in essence, each of the characters will have something of their own to achieve, whether this is gain wealth, recognition, honour or complete whatever quest they have in mind. Of course, there would be lots of hurdles along the way, not to mention tension between our two characters, if it comes to that. Now, before you say this is just another one of those silly "Yaaaaay, let's start a roleplay with our charries!" plans, think again. I believe stories centred merely around character interaction between a couple of really great characters can be just as entertaining as plot-driven ones. It can be done, I've done it before and it's great fun!

What I'm looking for:
- You're at home with character development and interaction
- You think characters need flaws and that having them put through situations in which things don't go their way is fun
- You like an adventurous medieval fantasy featuring humans, elves an dwarves
- You can post healthy, chunky posts with lots of description and introspection of your character. Think around 500 words to be my asking 'price', although I usually carry into 1500s as well
- You don't mind romance as an optional subplot
- You play a male character
- Be dedicated. I will be.

I'm awaiting your PM! :)
Last edited by LostInFantasy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Literate Partner - Fantasy Romance-ish Roleplay!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:21 pm

.. Yes. Let's do it.

Your presentation, your way with words, it's convinced me. xD I'm in the mood for some good, old-fashioned character interaction. Let's talk!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Wow, that was fast!

Glad you're interested! Would you like to discuss the details over PMs, over an instant messenger or simply over an OOC thread? I'm fine with either.

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:33 pm

You don't have your ten forum posts out of the way from what I can tell, but go ahead and add me on MSN, or whatever messenger service you prefer. They're all listed on my profile.

I will be at a family party tonight, but I'll have my phone - so at least we can start to get know one another! I won't be leaving for a few hours, though, so you can at least add me.

(:

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh, I do have at least 10 posts for quite a while now. Of this I am certain. Or that inbox is lying to me with all the PMs! :p

I've added you on MSN. Now you merely have to show yourself to me so I can say 'boo!'.

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Haha, sorry, that's my mistake. The pop-up thing on your name has lied to me. :c

Try sending me a message! No invite's come up yet.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Damn, too slow on my part.

Anyway, if you ever happen to think of another idea (or aren't totally opposed to having two similar-yet-different roleplays), shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to do anything with you as you have quite a nice level of charm, wit, and intelligence.
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:56 am

Well, I guess I'm still looking. Bump.

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 am

wat

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Revised the original thread to give a bit more of a fleshed-out idea. Apologies for the briefness.

But I'm still looking for someone! PM me. :)

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years

Re: Advanced RP Partner - Medieval Fantasy Roleplay! :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostInFantasy on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:23 am

Shameful bump. :<

LostInFantasy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:00 am

I am extremely interested, though I do have a question. Should my character be male? And can he travel with a retinue of soldiers? Like a small rebel force maybe?

This is my pet character, that I would love to use again: roleplay/the-chronicles-of-varnic-calitora-prime/characters/kimber-amadrim-of-fellhaven

lol ;)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mimiminite on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:52 pm

My curiosity has been piqued by your request. I would sincerly love to roleplay with you, especially in a midevil setting. If you have an android or apple device, I would suggest kik for roleplaying. I am constantly on it and hope we can find a common medium to make this roleplay a reality in our own little, extra deminsional reality. I do aplogize for any mispelled words as spelling has never been a partculiar strong suit of mine and think that any roleplay between us would be fun and a good way to not waste time!

Mimiminite
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!