Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Interest Check / Fixing a screw up. The Darkness: Bloodlines

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Check / Fixing a screw up. The Darkness: Bloodlines

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Okay....... I kinda messed up about 1 minute ago cause I didn't see this page. I'm kinda hoping nobody minds if I just re-post here. If you a moderator and do have an issue, can you please just delete the other one? Sorry again, kinda new...... So yeah.... Awkward. I'm just kinda post that now...

Okay, let me start off by saying that this is going to be just as violent and graphic as the games, if not more so, with extreme blood & gore and limited amounts of adult references and content. Also there will be certain biblical views that will likely be considered "blasphemous". These are not the views of the players of this story. I do not want any religious hate mail over this. Also there will be swearing. Lots and lots of fucking swearing.

Now I'm kinda new to the concept of making an rp and this is my first attempt, so please bear with me. The concept is simple, the next host in the bloodline. The Darkness, being the demonic bastard it is, found a way to continue the line through rather disturbing means. Twenty-one years after the events of The Darkness 2, the Franchetti crime syndicate was completely taken over. Infact, all of New York was. Now this wasn't just some random gang, no, this was by an enormous crime syndicate disguised as four major corporations. These guys are pro's, and they have an entire private army to back them up.

Now, you might suspect that they're with the Brotherhood. Good guess, but no. See, the majority of the Brotherhood actually did converge when they received message that, at long last, they captured the Darkness. Problem was that by the time they got there, Jackie had already "died" and the Darkness returned...... and proceeded to slaughter the holy fuck out of any and all nearby or relatively far away. The Brotherhood isn't completely gone per say, but they sure as hell are gonna keep some good distance from the Darkness for a couple of decades or so. However, the stuff they left behind could still cause some chaos.

Now I know this is cliche, but you (host) were put up for adoption and have no memory of your father. Whether your childhood was blissful or a living hell is up to you. Street crime has hit alarming new heights, and the local police are better armed then Homeland Security. 21 years has passed, and Darkness is about to fall......

Okay, now that I've had my fun being ominous, the main point here is to either reclaim the city or burn it to the ground. I know eeeeeeeveryyyyyyyyyonnnnnne is going to want to be the host, but "there can be only one!"...... time I can say that without getting sued. Anyway, so how do we resolve this? Well, it may not be the best ever, but I have a plan. Any player interested in playing the role of the Host may create a character for there version of him (It has to be a male. The Darkness only manifests in a first born son on his 21st birthday. I have nothing against chicks, it's simply just cannon). Filling out basic details like traumatic events, personal history, his look (black trench coat is mandatory.), etc etc. After I get enough of these sheets, I will make a page in the OOC thread and put up links to all of them, then have all the players vote. Now before you say "what if they just vote for themselves?", they can't. You don't have to vote if you don't want to, but you can't vote for yourself. I believe this way the character selected will be one that the players feel will be the best one to become the next Darkness host.

Now the bitch of the matter is that there's going to have to be a lot of secret communication between me and the Host. Because, you see, not only am I the GM, but I also play The Darkness itself. You know? That evil little insane voice in your head that occasionally takes control of you and completely fucks over your social life through unspeakable atrocities and mass, gory mutilations? Unfortunately to do so I need to know what the host is going to post (rhyme not intended) before he actually posts it. Also I don't want to spoil anything for the other players, so one thing I'm sorry to ask is that whoever is playing the host needs to PM me their post before they actually post it so I can say what the Darkness would do. Again, it's a bitch to ask and I hate doing it, but I kinda need you to go with it. Sorry :(. On the flip note, I'm not going to have the Darkness take control of a lot of scenes, so 9/10 times it's just sending the post to me then I send back a post saying something stupid like "yeppers, you good to post" or whatever. It's for those moments when a "cinematic" would occur that I need that info, in which case I'd just tell you what to edit and sometimes just have you put my action in your post.

What of those that didn't get picked? Well as bad ass as "Jackie Jr." is going to be, extra hands are required. Am I going to base this on Darkness 2's Vendetta's mode? Yes and no. Yes, they'll be helping the Host in various objectives, but without being as corny or as cheesy as it was in Darkness 2 (Not saying the game was bad, just saying co-op was kinda lame). Yes, you will get some kind of object that has powers, but your character is still human. He does not regenerate health, heal from destroying hearts, or get any negativity from being in light. Now, Darkness unholy awesome-sauce aside, these characters can be just as skilled (if not more so) then the Host. Remember, without the Darkness, he's just a human.

Back to the "objects". They are called Dark Relics, they were made by fools who traded their souls to the Darkness probably hundreds of years ago for something real stupid , and you can start with one if you wish. While others can and will be found along the course of this story, if your going to make one please for the love of god be original. I'll give an example using a relic one of my characters will be using (yes, I'll have a human character too): A black powder pistol that looks to be around three hundred or so years old. A demonic snake-like serpent coils around the long, iron barrel towards the flint-lock of the gun. An arch in it's back makes up the aiming sights, while it's head makes up the cocking mechanism. Rising up and displaying a mouth full of blade-like teeth, the little sculpture looks as though it's poised to bite it's user's thumb clean off. The handle is made of black stone which looks much like hematite, it shows a carving of many malicious-looking bladed tendrils and two snake demons biting and thrashing at each other's throats.

It possesses the power to be a perfect means of assassination. To use it's ability, the user must gain both the full birth name of his target, and a portrait or picture of the target that captures they're eyes. Then simply fire the weapon at the picture, and the result would be as if you shot the actually person as he dies from the wounds inflicted on his picture. Truth be told, I was kinda inspired by a voodoo doll. This weapon was obviously made back when flint-lock pistols were still common, but it was not discovered until April 14nth, 1865 where it was used to kill the President of the United States of America, Abraham Lincoln. As it turns out, John Wilks Booth didn't get the chance to discharge his weapon, as someone else beat him to it but merely a second or two right before his eyes. He still took credit for it, though. It was used again in November of 1963, claiming yet another U.S. President: John F. Kennedy. The weapon was named "Sic semper tyrannis", as the Lincoln assassination was the first ever to be traced to this weapon, though it is likely not the first time it was used.

And who is the guy that owns this gun now? An ex-paparazzi. be afraid, be very afraid. Oh, and I will be making a sort of "catalog" of all dark relics with a description based on my impression of Johnny Powell from the game (lol). All it needs is a cool name, a unique and original power, and a bit of history. Oh, and remember it does not have to be a weapon. Anyway, I'm not going to put all the rules here, but I will put the some of the important ones. The basic feel I'm going for here is from the first "Darkness" game and will be using most of it's powers and designs. And their "darkness" voice, cause let's face it, it was waaaaaaaaay creepier then the one in 2. I did like some of the abiblties from part 2, so some of those powers will be incorporated into this as well such as: swarm, darkling familiars ("Ello, Monkey!"), and, even though it will use the Demon Arms instead of the snake heads, the basic combat system. Also the Darkness will increase in level like it did in the first, but the levels will actually have a much greater effect and, and this is the big part, there is no cap! As long as the story goes, the host can become more powerful.

Now there is one thing that's not going to make much sense, but I don't care. The host can't use dark relics. Either he doesn't want use them, can't use them, or the Darkness won't let him, but the fact of the matter is he just lat out doesn't need them. The normal guys are fine, in fact so long as there's no bitching and arguing a character can have as many as he can carry. But be warned, relics with powerful upsides are usually required to have a really bad downside somewhere.

Oh, and since this is 21 years after the last game, I guess this is in the future a tad bit. As far as weapons, any gun available today is fine, but the newer the better. Any "old timey" guns with wooden stocks and such would most likely have been replaced with a much more resilient carbon fiber or nylon stock. Not exactly sure how cars are gonna go, but we can wing it. There is one part I can't decide on and that's artificial intelligence, but maybe you guys can tell me how you feel about it? This is pertaining to both computer software and, believe it or not, robots. Btw, in this story the U.S. was the first to design the first fully functional android. Yeah, that's right. Eat it, Japan. Lol

I'll list a lot more details on the official page for this role play, but I hope this is enough to peak some of your interests. I'm working on everything as we speak and I hope to see some real activity there!

"I like penguins!"

-Darkling Berserker
Last edited by Raidose on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Interest Check / Fixing a screw up. The Darkness: Bloodl

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 am

Huh...... guess this might take a couple of days.....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!