Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Rise of the Tari (interest check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Rise of the Tari (interest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Now up!

The Rise of the Tari

The Gist

The Rise of the Tari is an RP about the rise of civilization on the world of Ammisar. The Tari, the name given to the hunter-gatherer tribes who live in a large valley known as the Cradle, have developed the secrets of farming, taming animals and writing. One day, a visionary known as Vaylen united the tribes as their King and led them to the south of the Cradle to found the world's first ever city: Tarin. Fifteen years on, with the construction of mighty walls, awesome buildings and beautiful palaces made of white-stone only partially completed, King Vaylen is assassinated during the night.

The entire population is shocked by this single death and as they try to find the culprit responsible, the burden of continuing what their parents started now suddenly falls on that of the second generation; the young men and women who have to finish the transition from tribal beginnings to the start of the world's first great empire.

The Setting

The young world of Ammisar, in the partially completed city of Tarin, in the south of the Cradle and to the Northwest of The Lake of Ghosts. Don't worry, there is a map coming. :)
The general location is mostly sahara and desert, with an abundance of trees and vegetation around the lake of ghosts.

The culture is inspired by various ancient civilizations, such as Greece, Egyptian and Rome.

So what do we do?

You play one of the thousand or so men and women who must complete the work of King Vaylen. It is a free-form RP, with lots of potential for creativity. Play anything from a young urchin, to a priest or priestess to one of the Tari's gods, to a politician, to a guard, or even just an average citizen helping to pull his or her weight. The "point" is simply the completion and expansion of the foundation of civilization. There's lots of chances for political conspiracy and such, as many of the people helping to "lead" Tarin are from different tribal factions.

The RP is based on an "idea" I had that crossed my mind one day. I imagined, from humble beginnings, the rise of a great city like Rome, with all its intrigue and story potential, and then eventually how it became the mighty Roman Empire. Though we're starting early, if the RP is successful I would like to do sequel RPs set further on in time, where the actions of your characters while building Tarin have a great effect on the future. :)

So, yeah...

That's about all I can think of. I have quite a bit written down on religion, culture and so on, but that can wait 'til the RP is up, so I suggest not planning characters until this information is posted. If you have any questions, ask away. If you're interested, please post here. :)
Last edited by Nevan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: The Rise of the Tari (interest check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Definitely interested! Let me know when this comes into existence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Interested! I've been looking / waiting for something like this. Aweeesome. :)

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:03 am

Great! Glad to see people are taking interest, even if it's only a couple. :)

I do have one or two other interested players lined up, which makes five total if both of them join. I was hoping to start the RP at perhaps a 6-8 player count.

I'll leave the interest check up a day or two more and see if anyone else takes a liking.

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 am

I'm quite interested in this roleplay. :)

Though I must ask you if there are other tribes/sentient species.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 am

Indeed there are. :)

However, other tribes would be "outsiders" to the Tari, though they are starting to get more common, coming in from foreign lands to try and join. Other sentient species, however, are definitely going to be there - just even more foreign to the Tari than the other human tribes. Heck, I'm still thinking about them, but there should be info up when I put up the RP.

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:38 pm

All sounds great. I'll be eagerly waiting.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Nev, you did something for me......you better damn well believe I'm in. Not just for you though. Always wanted a huntress.
Per Audacia Ad Astra!

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Hmm, interesting.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Yea, you know I'll join, Nevan. This'll be like my first forum Rp in the past.. year or so though.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Looks interesting......
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nowfaleena on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:55 am

I will join, I have an idea for a character, though I may not be able to post every day.
You said you would always be there for me...I guess you lied

"With these hands we will destroy"

Nowfaleena
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jay2012js on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:33 pm

I am interested, though I fear it may be more complex then traditional roleplays i've seen. I would be more then happy to build ur empire. If you dont mind noobs that pick up fast count me in.

jay2012js
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Oh, I never planned for it to be so advanced that it scares people off. Besides, you seem like a reasonable person and if you ever need help, feel free to ask at any time. :)

On another note, pretty much everything is written up. The RP should be online ASAP.

Nevan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Talk about primordial, very interested on my part.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Oh no, ono character sheet, that means I have to think.

._.''

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 am

I'm definitely interested. I'm new to this community though, so still figuring out how things are done here.

If a young-ish (say 17 years old) woman who left her foreign tribe because of some kind of crime or trouble and is now trying to fit in (and perhaps later gain influence) sounds like a good idea, I suppose I shall submit a character?

The reason I'd like to play a foreigner is that after the assassination of the king she'd be treated with extra suspicion. The reason I call a 17 year old a "woman" is that I saw at what age people are supposed to marry :) .
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!