Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Would Anyone Be Interested in This?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Would Anyone Be Interested in This?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:14 am

I know I just posted a thread yesterday (HP based, PM me if interested), but I absolutely cannot shake this plot.
It's called The One Who Can End It, and is based upon a single concept.
Sacrifice.

Okay, no.
It's not just based on sacrifice.
It's also based on the legends of the elementals, and the legends of the Fey, although the way they are infused, I believe it may be considered original, as many elements of the plot are purely my own.

I would just post this right off the bat, but it's going to take a while to get up, so I want to make sure there's interest before I spend the time to post it.

There is a universe parralell to our own, in which technology and cities do not exist. They never have, they never will. It has all the same destinations as our own relam but purer, more lively and innocent. This is where the immortal Majik's live.

The Majik's are magical beings, each granted a Gift at age two, from within their birthing flower, of which they do not spring until age twelve. This Gift is of one of the eight elements in various myths and legends: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Aether (spirit & dark), Light, Ice, and Energy/Power.

But every once in a while, a special Majik is born. A Supreme, with powers beyond belief. They wield the powers of all the elements. Supremes are only ever females, and each Supreme will become the next Queen at the dawn of her twelvth decade, that is to say, her 120th birthday.

But as all races do, the Majiks' peace and serenity wasn't to last, for they became corrupted. They say the first corrupted Majik was born to a Majik and a mortal, a forbidden parentage. This corrupted Majik declared that the mortals were not good enough to live in their world, and that they should be wiped from their realm. And anyone who fought him would perish with the mortals. He got his followers, and these corrupted Majiks were soon titled the Blakks.

The current Queen had kept the Blakks at bay for her lifetime, casting magic to contain them in one part of the realm, far from Majik civilization. Her people love her dearly for this, as it's a magic only Supremes can cast.

A new Supreme had been born in the Queen's lifetime, but she cannot access her powers for whatever reason. Perhaps it can be attributed to the fact that she sprand from her birthing flower a year early. But no one knows. And a prophecy had been made concerning her before her birthing, one that stated she would be the one to vanquish the Blakks for good.

As all young Majiks must, this child has attended classes in the palace for the first dozen years after her birthing, that is to say, from age 12 to age 24. She is in her final year, yet still cannot access her powers. This is unfortunate, as she is made fun of for it by her peers and teachers alike. Only the Queen, who has taken to giving her private tutoring, and four loyal friends seem to genuinely care.

Unfortunately, her final year is cut short by the Queen's assassination by, you guessed it, the head Blakk. And he wants this young Supreme, for though he has not heard the prophecy, he is frightened at the prospect of another Supreme. Once he takes his throne, he sets out, with his four most loyal followers, to find and kill this young Supreme, not knowing that she is not in control of her powers.

Meanwhile, the Supreme and her four friends go into hiding, trying to find a way to awaken her powers, unsuccessfully, and constantly dodging the Blakks. They want to help fight the Blakk King away, but know that they cannot, for fear of making it worse for the other Majiks, who the Blakk King is ruling over harshly.

In the end, our young Supreme might meet her end in order to end the Blakks' reign.

The characters would be the Supreme (who I'm taking, for the sole reason to keep the RP on track), her four friends (who those who take them may pick which element they are of, as well as their gender), the Blakk King (yep, he's open), and his four most loyal followers.

Can you see why I'm checking?
I'll have to post information about Birthing Flowers, the Gift Giving, the Majik realm, the powers each elemental wields, the powers the Blakks wield, and the powers the Supremes wield.

So if you're interested, kindly respond saying so.
If you have suggestions, I'm up to hearing them.

If you wish to reserve a spot, the open characters are listed above.
I would like each Majik to wield a different element.
Here are the available elements:
    Light
    Aether
    Power/Energy
    Fire
    Earth
    Ice
    Water
    Air

Questions?
Feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading!
Makenna Young

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Would Anyone Be Interested in This?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.Halt on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:23 am

Sounds like an interesting idea! I think it's a great idea and well thought out. If your still trying to find players, I'ld love to be part of it.
I'm sure that things will become easier once we become accustom to ........ Nope, I'm too tired to lie

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

A.Halt
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Norien de Iridius on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm

I WANT IN. Haha this piqued my interest and I think I would be interested in the Blakk king, but you would have to talk to me more about him, how much I can play with it. PM me, I am very intrigued =)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Norien de Iridius
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:39 pm

This sounds very intriguing and I think I'd like to be a part. If it works out I'd be interested in playing one of the Supreme's friends.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Depending on how everything is set up, I would definitely be interested in being a part of this roleplay.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I like it, but it seems really restrictive to me in practice. You're making an entire universe, but the linearity and unbreakable direction of the story undermines the potential of having a vast environment and deep characters, unless you plan to send the five main characters on various wild goose chases just for the sake of a change in setting and NPCs, and possibly extending the RP.

And how would you handle downtime in the plot when there are only five main characters to take care of, and they're all together? It'll either be a very short RP due to constant action and training and whatnot that results in taking out King Blakk, or a long one with useless filler. (See "wild goose chases" above.)

It wouldn't just be unfulfilling in the sense of length and depth, but extremely stressful on you as the GM that needs to continuously come up with new things like obstacles and enemies every two or so posts to the point that it dies out very quickly due to redundancy, and I feel such a likely fate for the potential universe you're creating would be a very sad one.
Remember: If you use an A in "definitely", you're definitely an A-hole.

TornZero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:22 am

@A.Halt:
Of course I'm still interested in doing this! I'd be glad to have you!
I'll contact you when I get the thread up, which might not be for a while, due to computer issues.
(Yeah, I'm on the computer now, but it's extremely slow.)

@Norien:
I'm sure you'll do fine, if you do decide to. I will send the information to you, when we know for sure if we're doing this. I'll contact you when I get the thread up, which might not be for a while, due to computer issues.

@frazzguy:
Great! I'll contact you when I get the thread up, which might not be for a while, due to computer issues.

@LifeCharacter:
What exactly do you mean?

@TornZero:
Here's the thing: To me, the most gripping RPs are those with a set beginning and end point. It builds more suspense and thrill. I'm not into those... I guess you could call them... Free for alls, where anyone can do as they wish. This is actually based on one of my novel ideas I had a few years ago, called "The Magic of Miya Bestova." The first 11 installments in the series (not actually written yet, I go extreme with planning) takes place within the palace, as well as the mortal world, etc, etc. If this RP is a success, It would be my intention to set up a thread where the newly-sprang are entering the palace and meeting their tutors, etc, etc. It's just that with RP, I enjoy the set plots, and from what I can tell, so do most others. And, no, it won't be short. Keep in mind that I have the Supreme, so I can control when she finally accesses her powers. There are many sub-missions they must complete in order for this to happen, which I will go into detail about in the main thread. Keep in mind this is only the plot outline, nothing more.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!