Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Just another Nuclear Apocalypse roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Just another Nuclear Apocalypse roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minion on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:54 am

The Nuclear Wasteland

The year is 2016. Earth as we knew it seized to exist when the nuclear superpowers of the world realized that a confrontation was inevitable.
The war to end all wars, to end the world of man, began in early 2014, when a series of global conflicts forced the hands of the superpowers of West and East. And as nuclear fire devoured the earth, and the grand armies of nations marched on one another, you saw the true face of war and strife.
Those who survived the nuclear apocalypse have been left a torn and sundered Earth. Starvation, poverty and death are the only constants in the lives of man. Animals and plant life on the other hand thrive; the food chain has been levelled. It is now kill or be killed.
Contaminated food and water is left alone by the beasts of the earth and birds in the skies, however, humans have not developed any ability to sense radiation, and lead themselves to their deaths, eating the poisonous food that they find in the ruins of the world.

However, true to their nature, humans have also found a way to protect themselves. The Alpha Serum.

A mixture of biotech and chemical engineering created the wondrous serum, however as the weeks and months passed by, infrastructure for production and distribution was destroyed. Field medics and doctors made their own attempt at an Alpha Serum.
Irradiated spinal marrow produces antibodies to combat radiation, a natural Alpha Serum at the whim of a single murder.

With that as the pretext, how would you like to wander this wasteland with me? Explore the madness of the nuclear war, and even worse, the aftermath of said war.
How would you like to write a dark and gritty story about frustration, hunger, loneliness and desperation?

Not that you're forced to see the end of the world as a bad thing. If you think you can put a positive twist on things, then you can join too. Tell your story of hope, and the belief in a brighter and safer tomorrow!

All I ask is that you're ready to post about once or twice a week, and that you can keep it realistic and at a certain level of literacy, where we will all be able to enjoy writing together.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Minion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Just another Nuclear Apocalypse roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby L.P.Fairen on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm interested! PM me when you post it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

L.P.Fairen
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarMorrison on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm in ^^
Valar Morghulis

StarMorrison
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falron on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm definitely in, this sounds awesome!

Falron
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minion on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 am

Nice to see that I have you peeps interested.

I may be able to throw up the roleplay by tomorrow, since I still have to do some last minute additions.
I hope you'll all be able to put up character sheets by then, and I'll make sure to PM you when it's up ^^

Minion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Burning Skies on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Could I join? Or is it too late?
I will destroy all of this world...

Burning Skies
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minion on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 am

No worries Burning Skies, as per the custom, a load of bullshit from the real world is putting my writing behind schedule.
I'll get it up real soon, and I'll PM you as will I the others.

Minion
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!