Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Interest Checks: Dark Fantasy Medieval Setting.

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Checks: Dark Fantasy Medieval Setting.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Hello everyone! I'm here to get an idea of how interested people would be in my idea, which I will pitch now.

I'm contemplating creating a world, its own cultures, civilizations, and an original map. It will be early to mid-medieval era. It will have magic, elves, dwarves, orcs, and a lot of other races from the generic fantasy setting. I am planning to make it slightly macabre, kind of dark with very regular monsters, most poor citizens living in fear of unknown terrors that live in the forests. There will probably be a little bit of racism between all races, dwarves to elves, elves to humans, humans to elves, and humans to dwarves, and everyone generally hates the orcs and the orcs don't really like anybody either.

The initial plot I have in mind will revolve around a kingdom in turmoil, gridlocked in a brutal civil war. The many lords in this area have come to recognize the current king isn't worth following, and they are taking the opportunity to overthrow the king and place themselves in his spot. I plan to have a player character play the rightful heir to the throne. This character's father was killed (totally covered up) by the current king, and the prince or princess was ejected from his home, luckily before being killed himself though. Now the heir has returned, and many heroes rise from the unknown corners of the realm to aid the heir in his/her fight to reclaim their throne!

If I receive multiple people who want to play the king or queen, we will have to hold some kind of Roleplaying Example Contest. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it lol.

I think I've covered as much as I can in a small enough paragraph that people will actually take the time to read and get interested enough to ask more. I HOPE! So, if I succeeded, please just send me a question. And I don't get PMs yet, haven't posted enough. So just post here :-)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sethwy91
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Interest Checks: Dark Fantasy Medieval Setting.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:05 am

This sounds exactly like something I'd want to participate in. Not sure if I want to take the king/heir role, but other than that, count me in.
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:13 am

Ok coolness. So that's two. And someone has already asked to be king. So I have that covered. Unless someone else wants the position lol, in which case things will get interesting. Also, if you are interested, but you want more immediate "question-answering", chat with me here, I'm usually on most of the day.

Oh, and I have completed some of the offsite world info website. I think it's pretty cool and I did it from the perspective of an old, commoner man, living in our world, and commenting on the current state of the world to give a more accurate portrayal of the theme and setting I have in mind. More will be added when I'm able. :-) http://macabre-fantasy.weebly.com/

sethwy91
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

I think this sounds perfect to something I've been wanting to play for awhile! The site is also quite well done.

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you. :-) I'm also looking for suggestions. And no one is asking any questions lol. Was my brief summary that informative? Lol

sethwy91
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:27 am

Well, that, along with the site, did cover a lot of information. Though I would like some more information on the Elves of the land. Somewhat of their culture/ruling body, age (I doubt elves are immortal in this land, but I could be wrong!) So on and so forth. Once you're able to PM, I could run a character idea or two past you.

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:06 am

I would definitely be up to an rp like this. Would custom races be accepted?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twisted Fate on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 am

Sounds fun, I might be up for this Rp. What's your posting length for this RP of yours?

Twisted Fate
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Webster_398 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:25 am

Sign me up please! This sounds really interesting!! Did anybody sign up for the heir part yet? Or the queen? And how many other heroes are you planning?
Sorry if I'm asking questions to the most obvious answers^^
'Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise'

Webster_398
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 pm

I literally just giggled when I looked today to see how many people might be interested in this roleplay :-)

In regards to questions...
ImpliedDominion: no, I wasn't thinking of the elves as immortal per-se, but they are heavily magical. If you know anything about DnD, they would be considered magical creatures, like fey. But in all honesty, if you are going to be the first person to play that race, then you get a lot of freedom to play them how you would like. I mean I will have some requirements to meet, just so they fit in the world, but a lot will be up to you.

SilverInk: it will depend on the race. And mainly if whether or not they are do different and unusual that you can't just say it's one of the standard races, with some added benefits. At first, as we first start off the roleplay I would prefer to keep things as simple as possible.

Twisted Fate: in forums, I prefer like a paragraph at least. But in all honesty, I prefer chat roleplay. And on there it would really just be however long you need to get your point across.

Webster_398: I do have one other person who wants the king role. So you 2 can do the roleplay off for it. As for like the core membership, the main group of heroes will probably be like 6 people or so, not including me or the king character. So 8 total.

I hope this answers all your questions?
And I think I can PM now. So just try and we'll see. And if not, I'm always on during the day, just message me on the chatbar.

sethwy91
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Oh and also, I'm looking for different names for things too. So if anyone has suggestions for names for things. Like for the Swords or the Monsters.

Just to give you a little more info, the reason they are called the "Green Swords" is because the Monsters are vulnerable to adamantine, which if you've ever played DnD, you'll know it's a green metal that's as heavy as steel but as strong as like diamond when it hardens.

So if you have any questions about why the names are what they are and you have other name suggestions, press tel me. Now in PM, cause I see now I can PM :-)

sethwy91
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Ok, to anyone interested! The role-play offsite info page is completed. So feel free to go and look around if you have any questions, or just ask if I forgot to put it down.

Again the link is http://macabre-fantasy.weebly.com/
And I want serious feed back! So tell me if you find something you dislike that I would keep you from this roleplay. Or if you just noticed some inconsistencies, then you all, and fell free to PM me or IM me if I'm on.

Also, this is a link to the roleplay I finally made for this. (roleplay/a-dark-fantasy) Please join if you are interested.

sethwy91
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadySilverstag on Thu May 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Very interested. I plan on checking it out.

LadySilverstag
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sethwy91 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

So I am reopening this roleplay, and I hope the people who wanted to join will consider maybe hopping in again. Hope to see all of you soon.

sethwy91
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!