Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Forsaken

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Forsaken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:31 am

Good day to everyone. I am new to this site, and, as you might expect, I have trouble finding roleplays. Not that there aren't enough, it's just that most that fit to my tastes are dead, full, ridiculously overdone or way too far into the storyline already. (I tend to read all posts first, so it would take a while)

So I figured I might as well create one myself, or rather, create a reimagination of a former rp I GM'd on another site, but that never really got of the ground due to IRL issues at the time.

Forsaken

The message of Gods
The end of the world is closing in, and your kind has called it upon itself. You humans who have defiled our names for so long have nearly destroyed our creation. We should wipe your race from the face of the earth for this atrocity, however, we are not unreasonable, so you foolish mortals will be given one last chance to show your species is worthy of living on.

We will not fight this battle for you, not this time. Redeem yourselves. We will grant you the power for this task, strengthen your puny bodies, and even give you skills you could only dream off, but keep one thing in mind, everything comes at a price.

You will fight, against your own creations in this ruined world. Gather your comrades and face the monsters created in the laboratories your governments always denied, the demons born from the dark crevices of your very souls, and the ancient evils, once again released by the foolishness of man.

Do not look back, for your days of peace are gone

I know it's a bit generic, but I nevertheless think it has potential.

Any thoughts? Critisisms? Interest?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Forsaken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 pm

While the previous post pretty much sums up the plot, I decided to throw in a few more morsels, this time about the world building.

The name of the planet is Oberos, second planet from the star the Oberans have named Bastilon. This is also the name of the High God of the world, the fact that both are named the same, is obviously related.

Bastilon is the God of Light, married to Ceteria, his female counterpart when it comes to the Domain of Light. Where the ever-present Light of Bastilon might seem as harsh and unforgiving as the sun that is named after him, she is the more subtle light, where there would be none to be found otherwise. (Ceteria is also an old word for the collective of stars and three moons dotting the nightsky)

Bastilon secondarily role is the Judge of All Life, whereas Ceteria is more of an Advocate, her secondarily domain being Forgiveness.

They have numerous children, although I will only name a few of them.

The first four, represent the four of the five main elements.
Endora is the Goddess of Wind (and Wisdom)
Kaiser is the God of Earth (and Fortitude)
Namaë is the Goddess of Water (and the Cycle of Life and Death)
Estrel is the God of Fire (and Passion/Fertility)

Collectively these four are known as the Kalur, with Kalur being the fifth element, roughly translating into Ether.

There are nine more children, but the last to be named for now is the youngest. Alistair. God of Darkness and War.

There are only three continent in the world, all of them rather small, although there are many archipelagos of islands. This is because due to the proximity to their star the world has no polar caps, and the water level is therefore rather high, covering much of otherwise suitable land. Ice was only discovered when someone was experimenting with magic, and nobody has even dreamt of the existence of Snow.

There were a total of three races in the past (Humans, Elves and Demons).
Demons were seen as the children of Alistair. Their association with the God, who had grown into the First Evil of the world, caused them to be hunted to extinction, mainly by the Elves.

Most of the hunting was done by the Elves, who took many casualties in the progress. With their population already being small, and their fertility rate low, they didn't have sustainable numbers anymore. The at the time Imperialistic species decided to go out in a blaze of glory, and intensified their hunt of the Demons. The few non-combatants that were left at the end of the war mingled with the human populace, until no distinct Elvish race remained.

Humans, the only species left, thrived for a while, in what was known as the Gold Millenium. (Despite it being closer to 1400 years). Having grown overconfident, they kept pushing the boundaries of what they knew. At first to great success, but it later became their downfall.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

yet more morsels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:05 am

Magic
Magic formerly wasn't accessible by humans. Magical ability belonged solely to the two 'higher' races, who looked down upon humanity. The Elves had won the right to magic millenia before humans even came into existence and the demons had their Dark Magic gifted to them by Alistair.

Elven magic were various magicks that worked through invoking the Gods.

Likewise, Dark Magic could be seen as a magic system of it's own with many branches. It works by drawing in ambient mana to be processed by 'a magical core'. Their is nothing truly dark about the magic itself, aside from the God that gifted it to his children.

Both of these systems allowed the wielders to battle without feeling magical exhaustion, although there could be delibitating consequences if too much was channeled for too long or they were unfamiliar with the magic they were trying to achieve. (AKA, spells above their skill level)

Human magic also relies on a core, but instead of drawing in ambient mana it produces a small amount of magic on it's own, and stores this. The repeated emptying of a core allows for it refill faster and a faster growing storage. Emptying one's core has no negative consequences, aside from slight lethargy and not being able to use magic for a while.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years

Re: Forsaken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:16 am

Human Culture
Despite the diverging history, human culture used to pretty similar to ours, although they were ahead of us when it came to science. The fact that the occasional bored God decided to explain a few things to stuck scientists helped with that. Especially Endora is guilty of this

For the most most part the Gods have retreated from the world though, with the death of their favoured race, the elves.

Not that you'd really notice this advancement in day to day life though, as most technology was held back by the mostly totalitarian governments fearing an uprising.

Then came the day the world simply broke, and the Gods decided enough was enough. Most of humanity died in that dark period, leaving their total at roughly 80.000.000 in various fortified settlements spread over the three continents.

Science has advanced even further, especially with the new possibilities magic brought, to the point where this rp could be classified as Arcanepunk.

Nevertheless, going outside of the walls is still a fatal incident waiting to happen.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!