Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Space Cowboys

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Space Cowboys

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Feel free to join this role-play! It is open!

The role-playing forum can be accessed here. (People currently playing: 4)

---
COMICS:
1.0: BUY | PREVIEW 1 | PREVIEW 2
---

INTRO
Welcome to Space Cowboys. This is a role-playing game in which you are a soldier for one of the three fighting nations of the New Milky Way Galaxy. The game plays like a "Fight" topic, where you tell the next or other parts of the story. The story starts when you decide to be a pilot and assist in the war against the other nations. Are you ready? Start your engines!

---

NATIONS

Ontario Government United

Members: Rasputin Sigma, Gen. Markus Julian Kane

Ontario United is the oldest and most developed nation in the galaxy. Its soldiers are well-trained and prepared for war. The story of this government's existance started when America's economic status dropped in the Second Global Depression in 3051. Despite this world-wide loss, Canada's government was able to pull through with newly-developed technology. "Builds" were safe, personal starships that could travel at high speeds. Global success was soon found before the world ran out of resources. Completely out of options, Canada led the "New World" project, and headed for the planet "BETA CV-1," also known as "Eartha." Ever since, the Nation of Ontario Government United has been influencing the control of the entire galaxy under the Parliamentary mechanism.

HQ: Lunar Federation
The Lunar Federation is the second largest city on the nation's planetary base. Ranging about about a couple hundred miles from its northern pole, the capital serves at a steady income rate and well-balanced management. The Prime Minister himself resides in this area, guarded by the best and most experienced pilots to ever grace the stars.

Other cities: Edmonton, Victoria, Winnipeg, Fredericton, St. John's, Halifax, Charlottetown, Quebec City, Regina, Yellowknife, Iqualuit and Whitehorse.

Leader: Prime Minister and Gen. Edward Toronto
Edward Toronto was born during the years of development on "Builds." He reached the status of a leader through parliament and has ruled OGU ever since. At the most, he blames himself for the war and feels that the general population have separated from him due to their inability to choose their leader. He is a strict and limiting commander, thinking only of the next won battle, but there is still a spot in his heart for the responsibility he assigned himself.

Pros
Good system of government. Some control, but guaranteed several freedoms and rights.
Well-prepared and trained. Lots of good stats from the start.

Cons
Government has more control over your actions and cuts down rights of alien-humanoids.
Members are well-trained, but do not have skills/experience in real war.

-------

Dallas Resistance Force

Members: Quote Proto, Jacob Kondas

The DRF, also known as the Anti-Parliamentary Dallas Resistance Force, started when ex-patriots felt that the same govermental structure used in the United States was necessary to survive in these new ages. As they attempt to gain independence, however, the OGU has attempted to restrain these new founders of Americaa. War was then declared between the two nations, and the feud soon began. "Builds" were now used for wars. DRF soon created a headquarters to lead against the old parliament.

HQ: Solar Alamo
The Solar Alamo was established shortly after the nation was formed. Currently dependant on non-mainstream market to store supplies, the independant marketing industry has thrived under DRF culture, making taxes a small issue. The people of DRF are supportive folk with burning desires for freedom, as their ancestors made their breakaway that millenia (and so on) ago. They reside on a moon revolving around Eartha, blocking any tracking and making their mobile base hard to find.

Other Cities: Austin, Houston, San Antonio

Leader: President Houston Xyr
The leader of the Dallas Rebel Force is actually an alien-humanoid. Trusting the army under the command of General Samuel Banshee, Houston maintains the popular interest of expressed, personal freedom while keeping good management with the help of two other branches that control other aspects of the nation. While being a popular and surprisingly non-hostile person to talk to, Xyr shows deep content over the unfair treatment he recieved before he broke off from OGU.

Pros
Best government system in terms of freedom. Lots of rights, and minimum management of the government.
Rough skills in actual war and high fighting spirits, despite little training room. Very low taxes.

Cons
Little training from the start. Stats aren't optimal from the beginning.
Minimum funding and parts.

-------

Sapporo Empire Party
Members:
The Sapporo Empire Party began shortly after the DRF was formed. The system involves a modern-age empire and is the newest nation among the three. The party started as an ally for the OGU against the DRF, but when the terms were declined, the nation became its own team, striking against both sides in an attempt to control the galaxy in a feudal manner. The king of the empire-to-be provides most of the funding for the military branch at the cost of high taxes.

HQ: Nebular Kamakura
Labelled as the strongest, yet weakest economy in the war, the Nebular Kamakura shines as a towering and majestic center of power where the population of the Empire thrives underground. The entire structure of the HQ is structured to protect the people underground with a shielded dome, the central tower being the focused point of energy. The base resides on another moon that revolves around Eartha, however, the government of the city is so confident in its protective layer that it does not bother hiding in cowardice.

Other Cities: Osaka

Leaders: Shogun/Prime Minister Toroko Yamazaki and Gen. King Osaka
The co-existance of these two leaders crumbles even as we speak. General King Osaka was a loyal servant of Prime Minister Toroko until a lust for power and leadership has somewhat altered his direction of focus. When Toroko appointed Osaka to be the government's General, Osaka graciously accepted the position and even held a friendly relationship with The Prime Toroko. Issues concerning the war have pressed the men into heated arguments, the two men are now struggling for power and control over the capital.

Pros
Great training and experience in war.
Great funding and parts are plentiful.

Cons
Government has absolute control. Verging on dictatorship.
Very expensive parts and training.

CLASSES

When you start, you will choose a headquarters to side with. Depending on which of these nations you take, you can either be a Cowboy, Knight or Samurai. Make your choice wisely and consider the benefits of each nation.

DRF: Space Cowboy/Pirate
OGU: Space Knight/Viking
SEP: Space Samurai/Ninja

BUILDS
These spacecrafts were originally designed by the OGU. However, these Builds are all produced by the parties of the war.

A-Build: Aerial Ace
Everyone knows of the Ace. It's popular, fast and agile. Its focus is purely speed and strength at the cost of light armor. It holds average fuel consumption, making long distances a slight consideration.

B-Build: Bombing Berserker
A well-balanced Build, the Berserker specializes in bombing targets from above. The first in OGU's Builds, it carries more stories than the others combined. Fuel consumption is better than the Ace, making long distances a tiny worry in terms of combat.

C-Build: Cataclysmic Carrier
The Carrier has been thought of as more of a tank than a jet, but its large surplus of ammo and fuel make it an ominous ship to encounter. Manned by robotic assistance, the bulky ship provides fuel and ammo to other ships, making them very essential and powerful in combat. Although slow, these have very powerful weapons. The only problem is fuel consumption due to heavy armor, making them very expensive.

D-Build: Defensive Dodger
Not a fighter, the Dodger has proven to be useful in the battlefield with healing technologies. Its weapons use nanobytes to repair friends in danger, making them light and essential. The ships have the lowest fuel consumption and is the lightest spacecraft behind the front lines.

E-Build: Elusive Exorcist
The opposite of Dodger, the Exorcist is a fast ship that holds a frightening magic. It is capable of hacking other ships and rendering them vulnerable. It's title, "H@cker," quickly demonstrates the effect it has on other pilots. It has proven to be useful in tight spots, but its high fuel consumption make them risky and require fast and gifted pilots.

Notes:
*If you lose track of whatever, it's not a big deal. Just decide on an accurate number and move on. Be sure to post that you forgot.
*This is basically a version of a Fight topic, only with more RPG and spacecrafts.
*I will introduce more art when I have time.
*Under no circumstances do I intend to invoke offense to any individual of any country. Please excuse me if I do offend you, and I am well aware of Japan's governmental structure.
*Why yes, I am developing a comic, thanks very much.
*It's up to you if you support it, but you can put this in:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=10643][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/TonyBase/knzone/comics/spacecowboys/spacelogob.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tony on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fighting Status: Currently Challenging

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tony
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Space Cowboys

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:36 pm

ill join but later .
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Sure, alright.

When you feel up to it, you just basically choose which side you're on and then a ship type. What you're kinda supposed to do is just work with the benefits and disadvantages the ship provides. I mean, at least you posted. That means more to me than just hitting the back button, not that I'm implying that people shouldn't be free to do so. It's just that even a little attention was kind, etc. Thanks.

Opinions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Name: Quote Proto
Choice of Party: Dallas Rebel Force
Build: Elusive Exorcist

Tony
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Name: Rasputin Sigma
Choice of Party: Ontario Government United
Build: Cataclysmic Carrier
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks for joining. Hope to see you in combat. :D

Tony
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:19 am

Name: general markus julian kane.
Choice of Party: Ontario Government United
Build: Aerial Ace .

general kane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm

A man of your word. That's awesome. Thanks for joining.

For those who would like to post in the Role Play topic, you may do so at your own free will. The link to it is at the top.

Tony
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby prophetic_fury on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Name: Jacob Kondas
Choice of Party: Dallas Rebel Force
Build: Aerial Ace
"I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench" http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e062d7b4d5

prophetic_fury
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Thanks. Your post was radical.

Welcome to Dallas. >:D

In other news, I plan on establishing a web site that will easily give the details to much of the lexicon and other aspects of the storyline. It will remain a role-play, sure, but much is to be considered for this, I treat this role-play as a sort of playground, and it has been planned for months.

Tony
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:07 pm

wow! I realy did not expect his roleplay to be advanced or to still be alive. I really hope this will go at a fairly slow pace and that you will be patient with me. I am somewaht inexperinced and this will be probally be the greastest roleplaying challenge that I will ever go though. I think that the rewards will highly outwiehgh the challenge though as the freedom and potential is inspires me.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tony on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:38 pm

I'd avoid considering any aspect of this role-play a "challenge," just to keep the fun factor in (unless you like challenges :D). This one's got a bit of a more complex storyline than most others, but I'm glad to see some responses coming in. Thanks for your support. So, here's a list of things I will include with the site:

Map: Basically, an "interactive" map that can show off the descriptions of locations and the details of different bases by different parties.

Nations/Classes: This will be where you can view the details, pros and cons of each nation, allowing you to more easily evaluate your decision. The classes depend on the nation you choose, whether you are a Cowboy or a Samurai.

Storyline: The complex and little-known storyline behind this role-play gets a little insight here. Again, a big factor of your experience.

Comic Characters: These characters are the ones protrayed in the comic books, rather than the role-play, itself.

Builds: Descriptions and measurements of each ship type. The one ship you will choose will be your partner throughout the role-play. You will need to choose carefully, so this section will fit in nicely.

Merchandise: Yeah, I'm a big, fat sellout. I'll be giving out some comics or clothes or whatever for no reason. Get your parents to take out a loan, kids!

Tony
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!