Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New Campaign starting in Farmingville, NY—NEED PLAYERS!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

New Campaign starting in Farmingville, NY—NEED PLAYERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eltomate on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

Looking for players (4-5) interested in playing a custom-made world named Halikar with a feel roughly the style of Forgotten Realms 'meets' Westeros from the novel, "A Song of Ice and Fire."

Game times would be (as of now) 6:30pm Saturdays until about 9:30/10pm (but I can go later into the night so long as everyone else is game). Note that I am trying to switch my schedule. If I succeed, I may be able to start the game earlier (roughly 3 or 4pm). But you can count on the time listed first; I can do that time without flinching. Games would be at my house in Farmingville. It is comfortable and nice (clean). I do have dogs! I MIGHT be able to do some weekdays if necessary, but they are more difficult to map because my schedule varies. However, if people are cool with a varying schedule, we can try that as well for an option.

As far as what to expect, where you to be interested…, I am a laid-back guy, Latino, married with kids (very adorable kids), and without a curfew, so I don't mind games that go late nights. I am not a dress-up player, nor am I big into heavy acting either. I am not huge on hack n' slash and I am not a rulebook. I like a balanced mix of rpg'ing and action with just right amount of good storytelling and rules. I have run games and I have played games before and there is not one campaign of mine where we don't come through with a good story, a good time, and some laughs.

I am looking for a good group of people (guys and/or gals) interested in a long campaign. My hope is to be able to take characters from level 1 to level 30. MY wife my play from time to time, or have cameos with her character.

As far as game frequency… weekly to bi-weekly games is ideal but it will have to be discussed with whoever wants to join in the end to reach a consensus of what will be doable. I guess as much as people can do it is the goal.

I have an open mind about characters, so I welcome different ideas and I'll work with you. Not all races will be possible in this world, but there will be some options. Style-wise, I try to keep my stories 'player-based' as opposed to 'storyteller-based,' meaning that your character stories are important and integral to the main plot of the game. This also means that I will not develop a main plot until I know who is playing what and what will be his/her character story; I'll work with you to provide the details that you need to create something that works with Halikar.

Lastly, I am new at the 4E system, so… if you are not new at it, great, you'll be able to help with the technical stuff! I welcome laptops into the game! Anyway, SORRY for the long posting, but I want to be thorough. Thanks and I hope some of you are interested! :D
‘Cuz dialogue is the key to friendship (and makes for one hell of a role-playing game).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eltomate
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!