Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

An Honest Mistake [OOC]

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

An Honest Mistake [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:02 pm

An Honest Mistake

People,
They don't mean a thing to you
They move right through you
Just like your breath.
But sometimes,
I still think of you
And I just wanted to,
Just wanted you to know
My old friend...
I swear I never meant for this.
I never meant...

Don't look at me that way;
It was an honest mistake.
An honest mistake...

Sometimes,
I forget I'm still awake.
I fuck up,
And say these things out loud.

My old friend...
I swear I never meant for this.
I never meant...

An honest...

An honest mistake...

Plot

As it would seem, most all residents of Mensonvale believe that despair and misfortune bestow all who step past the city limits. Be you a teacher, a student, a senior, or even a grocery store clerk, a no nonsense homemaker, a dropout, a millionaire, or just an ordinary, everyday son of a bitch, you're not exempt from the so called 'Curse of Menson'. Drama and an almost unbearable bad luck comes naturally to these poor people, though they endure such troubles for whatever reason it may be. Here, you play as one of the Mensonvale citizens, any age, any race, and above all, any unique personality you can devise. Unique. Will your character, who may be dealing with a recent pregnancy or some other type of emotional torment, come together and find what (s)he's looking for and find a way to overcome her misfortune? Or, will (s)he turn life for certain residents upside down and find closure, or will they suffer eternally? Much like The Sims, you develop a story and include the characters who choose to join, or pull them in yourself? Will their story come together to a 'Happily Ever After', or completely fall apart?

Rules and Character Sheet

1. Please try to stay literate with at least two fairly sized paragraphs in each post.
2. No God Mode...ing.
3. Keep characters completely original! I'm allowing a range from 5 years of age to however old you feel your character should be! (Keep it plausible, please.)
4. As many characters are allowed as you can handle. You can create an entire family, so long as you can play them all equally. (Unless, of course, they're not in a particular scene)
5. The world of "An Honest Mistake" spans an entire city, so don't feel you're limited to one place.
6. Romance is allowed, and you can take it as far as you please, but you must take it to PM when they get down to...er, doing the deed. Please and thank you.
7. If I get a complaint from any of the fellow role players more than once, you're automatically out. No further explanation.
8. Don't fight with me, or anyone else. It's just plain unflattering.
9. I need to approve your application before you join, alright? I have a friend who may or may not join, and she may also allow you to join if she so chooses. [Kruor]
10. Enjoy yourself, and chat as much [about the roleplay or characters in the roleplay, preferably, but regular chat is okay in moderation.] as you like on this board. It's the OOC for a reason!
11. Get creative! The plot is quite loose, so you can morph your character into what you want to, and drag any characters with you in your journey to find your ideal roleplay experience. All I ask is that you keep it real
12. To show you read my rules, shout 'Chalupas'!

Name: [first and last name, please.]
Appearance/Photograph: [No anime, please]
Personality: [what traits come together to create your character?]
History: [Reason for moving to Mensonvale? Basically, write a short summary of your character's life leading up to where they are now.]
Misfortune: [What type of peril must your character suffer with since moving to Menson? It may be minor, major, or something from the past that is most effective now, but please keep it realistic.]
Occupation: [May be a student, have a part-time job, or work for a living.]
Other: [Anything you want to add that I haven't provided for you already?]

(Remove the words in brackets when you fill this out, please!)

Locations

Neighborhoods - Where most characters will live. A typical, green suburban neighborhood with rows upon rows of mediocre homes.

Downtown - Several shops and places of work reside here. Which stores call the downtown district home is up to you, so do as you may.
*The Daily Grind - a coffee shop where teens and adults alike can come together and discuss life or just let loose. Available as a work place for anyone.
*Your Tunes - Music store where residents buy...music. Your Tunes is very popular among teenagers and available as a workplace to anyone.
*Jarhead Auto - A small, red brick, two story building set at the end of a row of stores in downtown Mensonvale. The lower floor consists of two garage doors that open to a broad area for working on cars. A small door just to the right as you enter leads into a small office where a secretary works for Michael keeping everything in order. The upper level is Michael's apartment, where he resides alone.

Hector W. Bizarre High - The local high school where most teens can be seen doing homework, attending classes, or just enjoying the company of their friends.

Alto Lane Middle School - Where students ages eleven through fourteen attend school.

Mensonvale Elementary - If your character isn't already graduated, a high school student, or a middle school student, they'll be attending Mensonvale Elementary. For players who so choose to play a younger character.

(If you want me to add any other locales, just send me a PM with a name and description of it, and I'll put it up as soon as possible.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Name:
Helena Elise Rush
Photograph:
Personality:
Frequently called 'The Quiet One', Helena is usually found by her lonesome with a good book in her slender hands. Darling little 'Lena has sheltered herself from the rest of the world of her own accord. Words, as she's often said, are only useful on a small page. Of course, to keep her grades up, Helena will answer questions from her teachers, though otherwise not many people can get her to breath a kind word. Alongside her 'vow' of silence, Helena is really rather rude to those she does not know closely, and will have a few choice words for anyone to advances too quickly. Over her many years of existence, she's learned herself to be a self-sufficient young lady who rarely asks for much of anything.
History:
Explained through the role play...eventually.
Misfortune:
Connor Liam Rush, Helena's father, died shortly before the rest of the Rush family (consisting of Helena and her mother Adele) made the move to Mensonvale. This is partially what brought the silence upon Helena, and caused her mother to become reckless.
Student at Hector W. Bizarre High
Other:
Helena has a phobia of large bodies of water that can drive her to altogether extreme situations to get away from the source of the 'offending' liquid.
Last edited by murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: An Honest Mistake [OOC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 pm

This sounds interesting, however I am a little confused at the plot. Is the plot going to flesh out as the RP gets going or is it just an RP about everyday life??
Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 pm

I actually have the same question. I think that this could turn out to either be really interesting or really boring. On the one hand, if there's a plot, it'll be cool to see how all the unfortunate people relate to each other, but if there's no plot, it could turn out to be just a bunch of antisocial people sitting in silence moping about their own problems.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:28 pm

That's where everyone else comes in. Have you heard of the roleplay Cafe Amore? Because they had a similar plot where it was basically everyday life. Say, one character would come in a turn everything upside down, or someone would die, or something would happen that would change everything for certain people. It's a town at your fingertips, so you can make it boring if you so choose. Understand me? I'm going to go specify some things in the plot right now.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Ok this does definitely sound interesting. One character may cause something to happen and the plot follows them in one direction then an event may happen that changes it etc. etc. This could work and be fun, but I do think you will need a few strong and imaginitive RP'ers who aren't afraid to initiate a plot or make changes or else like sweet_requiem said it will get boring and most likely die out. Anywho I am in so I will start working on a profile now. ^_^

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, I can bring in some pretty interesting characters if that's what we need. I was thinking of my favorite pair that consists of a twelve-year-old boy and his mentally unstable mother, but they're pretty cliche and not really that interaction-inducing, kinda like Helena. It'll be all about approach from other characters, unless Mom attaches herself to someone.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Those are exactly the type of people I've dreamed to roleplay with! Of course, if we have too many imaginative people, well, it'll become confusing and jumbled up. So, perhaps a good few could get things moving at first, then we build up from there? Thanks for joining Drako! I have a feeling this is going to be fun! I'm going to post the IC up once we have about...three or four players? How does that sound? This roleplay is for the players, so I feel you should have some say in what goes on. Just because I made it doesn't mean I have any right to everything that happens in character. This board will also be used to talk plot details if anyone needs help with what they plan to bring to the table.
=]
Thanks again.

Well, if my friend mentioned before ever gets on, I know she has quite a few stirring characters that can twist quite a few things.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:49 pm

I have others, too. I don't have to go with the screaming nutcase that's afraid of rain. XD I could bring in the overly-friendly idiot who uses huge fake smiles to cover up trauma from watching her boyfriend die in front of her. Or the douchebag who just really likes to annoy people. Or the genius with zero self-esteem because her parents weren't proud of her 4.0 average all through high school.

I'm definitely joining, and I think I'll decide who to use once I see what Drako's playing just to be a little compatible with someone. Helena might go well with the overly-friendly idiot or the annoying douchebag. XD

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Ahaha...
That wouldn't really surprise me, to be honest. He should just be prepared for some serious hate in the beginning! But, I will probably join as my other character Vivian if we really need someone completely crazy to join in a melt all the tension between all the depressed people. Also, bout your douchebag (laughing SO hard), if my friend chooses to join...He should be ready for a fight as well. Her character [Robin] and Helena have always gotten together at one point in a roleplay, so. Oooh! Characters getting together and breaking up should be interesting as well! Oh the joys and pain of high school...and adulthood for that matter.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Presuming Robin is a guy... (favorite sitcom character Robin=girl) XD
And don't worry, Tyrone's used to having to defend himself. He's not a choosy douchebag, and has no problem pissing off the school linebacker. He's seen his share of the inside of trash cans, but he's a decent fighter, too. As long as you're not a blackbelt or something... Hehehe... You gotta love high school.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Name: Michael Stafford

Appearance/Photograph: Image

Personality: Michael is an odd character. He is in a way an actor, a master of guises. In one situation he may be loud an boisterous, especially when alcohol is involved. Yet in another situation the ninteen year old, may be as quite as a mouse. It really depends on who he is around and what the situation calls for. He is especially quite around females, and treats them with the utmost respect. Michael can be a leader if called upon, but he is also good at dropping back into the shadows and following.

History: Michael is a military brat. His father joined the Marines straight out of highschool, his mother an immigrant from Israel. His mother is where he gets his dark hair and dark complexion. Unfortunately Michael's mother died when he was born, due to complication at birth. His father did his best to raise him, but the constant moving the military required was a toll on both of them. None the less Michael and his father were fairly close, each having a sole companion in the other. In the summer of Michael's 18th birthday Michael and his father moved to Mensonvale, after which Michael's father was deployed. Michael began school andp iecing together a new life, whatever life he had made in Mensonvale was shattered when he recieved word his father had been killed in action. Michael dropped out of school, and with money he recieved from his father's death from the military started a garage in downtown Mensonvale. Michael lives in a small apartment above the shop, called Jarhead Auto in memory of his dad's service in the Marines.

Misfortune: Michael mostly struggles with his father's death now, although it brings up fresh pains of never knowing his mother.

Other: Nope I'm good

Oh and CHALUPAS! : P

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Nice character Drako! Accepted, if you can't assume such a thing.
Oh, and sorry about that. I'm so used to seeing Robin as a guy now, I forget that it's a girl's name. Heheh...But, you can join as whoever you want. Remember, *prods...rule number four!*
Like how I totally did not forget my own rule? =D

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks! My character profiles usually stink, but you will see my character flesh out more as I RP. I usually make a new character for every RP and never know exactly how they will act. Anywho I think I am going to need Michael's garage added to the list of places in Mensonvale or will it just be considered part of downtown?

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 pm

It'll be a subdestination for downtown. Just give me a name and basic description and it'll be up there in no time. =]

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Would it be cool if Tyrone were an employee at the garage, just to force a little interaction?

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Name: Brooke Cooper
Appearance/Photograph: Image
Personality: For the most part, Brooke is an outgoing and fun person. She is just naturally bright and shiny. She loves to be around people, and enjoys being the center of attention. She also cares for, and loves all of her friends. However, this perfect exterior is mainly a facade for dark and dangerous thoughts. She would love to believe her own charade, but doesn't think that is possible.
History: Brooke has lived there with her mother all her life. Born and raised, isn't she lucky?
Misfortune: Brooke narrowly escaped being raped one night at a party. What's worse is that she can't come forward with it, because the boy's family has threatened her family with blackmail. She can't tell anyone, not even her mother or closest friends.
Occupation: Why work? Her mother is an author and makes enough money that Brooke doesn't have to work.
Other: Brooke has good days where she loves being around people, and bad days where she wants to curl up and disappear. With her, you never know which side you are going to get.
Last edited by Starwinter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Name: Jarhead Auto

Description: A small, red brick, two story building set at the end of a row of stores in downtown Mensonvale. The lower floor consists of two garage doors that open to a broad area for working on cars. A small door just to the right as you enter leads into a small office where a secretary works for Michael keeping everything in order. The upper level is Michael's apartment, where he resides alone.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 pm

@Sweet... would this sitcom you speak of be How I Met Your Mother? I love that show... a lot actually.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Okay, Brooke looks nice, and you're accepted, but could you possibly add at least a little bit of a flaw? I know, I read through it all and I understand her history and all of that...but, personality wise...she's perfect. Even if you pretend to be perfect there has to be something, right? No worries for now, so don't change it. That's two down, one to two to go!

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starwinter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 pm

I was thinking about adding kinda a deep, hidden depression on but I didn't know. Like I said, she has good days and bad, but I was thinking the bad could be really bad. Like, secretly counting sleeping pills so she knows there is an end bad. I didn't know if that would be too dark for this though.

Starwinter
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!