Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeking experienced RPers for Horror RP (&Signups)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Seeking experienced RPers for Horror RP (&Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:39 pm

So, I'm new to the site but experienced with rp. I want to start a horror roleplay, but I'm a little picky. It's not that I want to discriminate or anything, but there are just some roleplayers that a) would not enjoy the style or genre, or b) would not be able to keep up. Fortunately, there are a lot of good players and it shouldn't take long.

Please, if you're going to reply to this thread I'd like it to be questions about the roleplay, ideas from players serious about wanting to join the roleplay, or a Signup bulletin. Signup bulletins must be at least three paragraphs long. Please do not use the post to introduce a character ( but you can post "as" a character you might use ).

The scene below will not be used as an official introduction to the RP. Use this as guidelines for a Signup post.
Signup posts are judged by myself according to Creativity, Literacy, and Compatability.

( Near-future Realistic World )
A meteorite scheduled to hit the Earth brought a microscopic parasitic being that spread quickly via bodily fluid (including saliva). Animals and humans alike can be infected by a highly contagious bug-type alien that takes up to 48 hours to develop symptoms. Symptoms include death, zombie-like mentality, and an unbiased appetite for living flesh. As the parasite completely consumes the host, it uses the DNA from live material it eats to "reconstruct" the host. The mutations may include traits from the species it has eaten, eventually causing the host to become an entirely different creature.
Weaknesses will generally consist of the heart and brain, as reported on the news some time before television was off-air. A vaccine was also reported, but most facilities offering the vaccine were destroyed or abandoned. The vaccine is only effective until the parasite has killed and taken control of the host's body. If administered afterward in appropriate quantities, it kills the host and the parasite. For this reason, vaccines are applied only to live humans.

The rest is up to you, the player! Post some replies, already!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seeking experienced RPers for Horror RP (&Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yami555 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yami555
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 am

That's really not much for three paragraphs. Zem rates it 0/10 for Creativity, Literacy, and 1.3/10 for Compatibility. Which...with a -3 grade level bring you to -2.7. I think. Hey, this is storytelling not math.

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrinne on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, I'm cautiously interested. It would definitely be nice to get in on a roleplay from the start, I hate having to jump in after the fact. I'd like to ask, though, before I give you an official sign-up post, if you have any unique plot bunnies in mind besides the usual "unaffected humans band together against the zombie menace/end of the world" plot. Not that I have any objections whatsoever to any plot involving zombies, but it's nice to know in advance if I'm getting myself into something more complicated.
“La mujer es como una buena taza de café: la primera vez que se toma, no deja dormir.”
Alejandro Dumas

Torrinne
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:00 pm

That's a good question, but I don't really have an answer. I wanted to keep it vague because I want to fit it to suit the players' interests. Besides that, I know there will be two major factions and I'd like to have players to represent them both. After the threat of invasion (and extinction!) became what it has, these two parties both fought back to save the world as it were. The problem is, they don't agree on anything and thus become the only obstacle (aside from the parasites) keeping them from achieving their one shared goal: survival.

As far as the creatures go, there will be zombies and horrible abominations with their own strengths and weaknesses. I don't want to say too much, but as time goes on, the infected change. Since the meteorite and its landing site have been effected the longest and therefore have had the most time to 'evolve'. Sounds fun... right?

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyBynx on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:22 am

It feels like forever... The short female lit her last cigerette and inhaled deeply, slowly. I thought that the end of the world was going to be instant. Like passing in sleep....I wasn't prepared for this. Her dark eyes watched the embers glow without any interruption; the time felt like it was standing still, but why the wait? She could feel her lungs deflate as the smoke trickled out of her nostrils, "I just wish I wasn't alone...ya know?" Speaking to nothing but the broken window in her small attic. While taking another drag of her cigerette, the silence she was suddenly broken with peircing screams from the things just outside her window. However, the screams did not make her panic. Her heart was not racing and she was not gasping for breath...merely waiting for the end that she had brought upon herself.

Is it really going to happen this time...? The cigerette came to her lips once more as she stood up from the wall. She limped over to the window whilst holding her left side with her free hand, "There you are...I was waiting quite awhile." A pained smile came across her lips as she stared down at a twisted womans face, her eyes were darting around like a beast. The female backed away from the window to seat herself at the bloodstained wall, still enjoying her cigerette slowly. If she doesn't kill me...then I will do it myself. I can't turn into those...things She eyed the .9mm that was a couple inches from her right hand I'm pretty sure I won't need to...she knows I'm here. Subconciously, her eyes began to tear up as she continued taking long drags. "I should be dead by now," She giggled quietly, "My whole house...torn to bits..my dad...he never had a chance." Memories of her disabled father wheeling into the kitchen during breakfast clouded her mind.

"It's not fair. I shouldn't even be alive! Why did I live and why did he die!?" The female's sorrow and pain started to turn to hatred and anger. "Why should I let them win? I should deny them the pleasure and just do it myself." She pushed herself to stand, pushing again toward the broken window, "Why do you even f-ckin EXIST!?" Screaming out to the crowds below. One last time was the cigerette brought to her lips, inhaling slower before flicking the butt onto the floor, "It's my time now.." A smile made a way to her dry lips as she retrieved the .9mm before pushing herself out onto the roof through the cut glass. "You don't deserve me! You didn't deserve my dad, or my friends! BUT YOU TOOK THEM ANYWAY!" Her screaming was making the crowds become what looked like waves of sanguine and black, "But you won't take me...You will never have me." She whispered to the wind before taking the barrel of the pistol into her mouth.

She pulled the trigger.

LadyBynx
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:12 am

I'm gonna say 8/10 for Creativity because the scene was painted well, but it was still a little boring. An army of zombies is scary, but I was hoping something worse would come tearing through the window and feast on her entrails. I'll give you a straight ten on Literacy since there weren't any serious mistakes jumping out at me. For Compatability I say 8/10 because, again, it's missing a few elements...like monsters bursting through the walls!! Don't worry, the points aren't important. Lady Bynx will be in the game.

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrinne on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:56 am

You had me at "horrible abominations".

Kim perched on a half-rotted log at the edge of the woods, wishing that she had remembered to watch where she was going when she ran. She prodded at her wrist, which was already starting to swell and turn an interesting shade of purple. It didn't feel like anything was broken, but her wrist hurt badly enough that she couldn't bring herself to believe it was only sprained. Surely a sprain couldn't hurt this badly? Or maybe poking it made it worse? She took a deep breath, held it for a moment, then let it out in a shuddering sigh. You idiot. There are zombies out there, and you're sitting here whining over a sprained wrist?

Another thought came to her that caused her to laugh, a little hysterically, because it was either that or burst into tears. Who would tell her mother that she was alive? It had only been yesterday that she'd told her mum there was nothing to worry about, that the rumors about zombies were only rumors. And now, today, zombies weren't rumors. They were very real, and she was running for her life. For the first time since she left London, she wished that airplane security wasn't so uptight about flying with a gun. Everything would look much better if she had a pistol in her hand. Not that she could have shot anything anyways, with her wrist in its current state, but there was just something comforting about the idea of a gun.

Kim hauled herself to her feet, holding her injured wrist tightly against her stomach. She hadn't tried to go any deeper into the woods before now, just in case someone else made it out safely. By this point, she had to accept that she was on her own. On her own with no food, no weapon, in the woods, with no idea how far it was to the next town. Assuming there weren't zombies there too, of course. The more she thought about it, the more hopeless it seemed, but she pointed her feet into the forest and started walking anyways. She wasn't ready to give up quite yet, especially if giving up meant getting eaten by zombies. Or worse, getting turned into a zombie. No, anything was better than zombies.

And look on the bright side. Maybe tomorrow you'll fall off a cliff, and this'll all be over.

Torrinne
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Awesome; sounds like that character's screwed, which is perfect. I can only give you an 8 for Creativity since, again, it's missing a certain scariness by evading any up-close zombie act. Her wrist disability was pretty intense though, even if it was only an underlying problem at the moment. I don't think my soul would come out clean if I didn't give you ten for Literacy. Thanks for rekindling my hopes of a lit. RP on this site! Compatability is getting hard for me to judge, but I'd say 9/10 this time. Everything flowed well and fits in with the setting. I still have to keep a point though, since there was no terror or immediate threat. It wasn't really in the criteria under Compatability, but I can't just go handing out tens everywhere. Good job and don't take the points too seriously!! Welcome to the game. Now go tell your friends!!

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 pm

"This patient, John W... was admitted three hours ago... complaining...." Gibberish. John? pulled against the straps. He gnashed at the air. A tooth crunched beneath another. "...heart problems..." His eyes burned. His whole body was on fire. What is this pain? I mustn't die!

John? spat a long stream of blood. Someone screamed, but the noise faded into quietude. He heard a heart thump loudly in his ears. A pulse told him, "thu-thump." His vision blurred and grew dark.

"Thu-thump." One awoke. The straps fell to the floor. One smelled facial cream and flesh. One's mouth tasted precious. A feast tried to crawl away, but one was wise to this trick, and held the meal to the floor. Something exploded into one's back. One tasted gunpowder, and heard a racing heart. One leapt off the feast and toppled the enemy; one bit a hand, and it dropped its gun. It screamed as one's jagged teeth sank into its neck.

Gautama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:29 pm

If I got that in my head right, I'l say 9/10 for creativity. That was a doctor or something turning into a zombie, right? Unfortunately, I'm still a little lost, ad there were definitely a few grammer errors. I can't give you much for Literacy, but (assuming I got the storyline right) that was pretty intense, so I'd say 7/10 on Compatability. If you can take a little more time applying structure, I think we may have something here!

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wirik on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 am

Tick... Tick... Tick... A small desk clock ticked away, it's internal battery refusing to let go of the world that once was. Deep, shallow breathing threatened to drown out the clock, to drown out the noise that drifted from outside. What remained of the day cast blood red beams across the once neat and tidy room, which was now only a passing memory. At one time a person could have called it a bed room, but now it was more appropriate to call it a bunker. Dresser had been turned into reinforcement for the door, bedding had become covers for the windows. All attempts to keep those things out, and him in.

He lay slumped against the wall furthest from the window, a mirror of the man he could have claimed to be only but a few weeks ago. Now all he had in life was his little room, his only sanity a journal that he inked with special events and going ons. Just yesterday he had been proclaimed mayor for life of his tiny little abode, it was an honor. Oh, he knew what little sanity he still clung to was slipping away, he no longer cared. No longer would he hold onto thoughts that he would survive, that somehow if he fought long enough and hard enough, that he would survive. It was impossible, not with those things prowling the night. The zombies, they were nothing, mere things to be killed as if they were in a shooting gallery. Sure they were scary looking, and an encounter always caused his heart to skip a beat, but none of them brought on sheer horror. They brought no sense of wrongness, they were just zombies, just like the ones on t.v. and died just like them to.

But there were other things out there. Roaming things that put even his worst nightmares to bed as the sweetest dreams. At first he didn't know what to think, what to do, but they died just like the zombies, or at least they did. This latest thing, it had taken the last six shells his shotgun had to offer. The gun lay in the corner it's barrel still hot from the repeated firings. A roar, so terrible, so unearthly that his skin crawled and his blood turned to ice. It had a mouthful of long teeth, each one bigger then the last. Jet black wings carried the thing through the night, through his window. The shotgun had driven it away, but no blood had dripped, no sign that the thing was dead, and the fact that it still roared, meant it was alive.

It came back, and there was nothing he could do. All teeth and claws it came. Nothing he could do, no more ammo for his gun, nothing near by to be wielded as a weapon. But he was the mayor, he would die with honor, with dignity that the people of his room would respect. The still warm shotgun found it's way to his hand, a fitting tool to finish the task. One swing at the beast was all the man ever managed. It caught the gun in midair, it's incisors crunching through steel and wood alike. Then it's teeth found skin and bone. No screams echoed from the man's throat, he wouldn't allow the thing the pleasure of it. Crunching, slurping, tearing, terrible sounds of a creature chewing on the man who was a mayor. Then nothing, nothing except for a small desk clock that refused to let go. Tick... Tick... Tick...

Wirik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:27 pm

A young man lay in his trashed living room midst a pile of old pizza boxes and soda bottles, his mouth contorted in a grimace of pain. The sun had just peeked through the stone and steel constructs that lined this part of town, winking at him through the window that seemed a mile away. The monotonous drip of water from the leaky apartment was the only sound that came to his ears, mocking the usual bustle of the city in which he lived. The smell of rotting flesh filled his nostrils, as if something had been killed in his apartment a few days before. Inferring that this was his own doing, the man's eyes darted from the window to stack of neglected dishes in the stainless steel sink directly below the almost blinding source of light, stewing in week-old bits of food and stagnant water. Was that what he was smelling?

The young man, tired of laying there in the heap of trash that he has sat at the corner of his room, slowly rolled on his side only to stare at a smear of red against the yellow of the wallpaper. It was then he remembered what had stalked him in the alley where he had traveled on a whim alone the night before.

"Get yourself together Leo," he muttered as he pulled himself up to a sitting position, his lips becoming a singular line as he felt the pain spike in his left arm. Leo's eyes went wide as he again found himself faced with the reality of his situation. The all to familiar tinge of green that was only reminiscent of dead flesh stared back at him upon his arm, the bite marks that were etched into his arm clotted with old blood. That "thing" that had attacked him had left its mark on his flesh, branded him as the next to join their ranks.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm

( To Wirik ) Bravo! I must say, that last one was horrorgasmic. I'm going to say 9/10 for Literacy both because "to" instead of "too" is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, and also to keep my wife from breaking something precious of mine. 10/10 for Compatability - this post made me excited for my own RP. I couldn't have done it better myself. 10/10 on Creativity as well; I'm digging the freak monster and its description. The 'mayor' was also an interesting and realistic character. I would be honored to have you in this RP!

( To Pioneercadet ) Another good post! I can only give you an 8/10 for Creativity since it's still lacking a bit in the scariness. Don't worry, I won't be a critic once we get going. I was just looking for a nice BANG! for the signup posts. I've got a 10/10 for Literacy and a 9/10 for Compatability. As long as you're willing to post at least once daily (and that goes for anyone) aside from the occassional human slacking, you're welcome to join. I think we might have room for one more, so let's make it worthwhile! To show me you are willing to commit to the thread, how about we all vote on the last member? Please vote yay or nay on any upcoming posts, guys, and remember to judge according to Literacy, Creativity, and Compatabilty. (The actual grades won't be necessary, but feel free to post your thoughts!) Thanks for your interest, everyone! I'm hoping to get started tonight or tomorrow, so I'll be on to work on the intro later tonight.

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Alright MasterZemba, I knew that what I posted was not as scary as it could have been, but it was the only thing I could come up with. I appreciate the vote of confidence though, and I will be sure to so what I can to both help my horror writing and I will make sure I cast my vote for the last member.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:02 pm

How long you plan on waiting for the last person before we pack everything up and start?

Gautama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:13 am

Sorry for neglecting to check the thread. Our internet was down for whatever reason and I was unable to get to my friend's computer. It's taken care of, obviously, so no worries!! Today is the last day of recruiting, to answer your question. If nobody else has posted a signup, we'll begin tonight. The link will be posted on this thread, so make sure to check back!! Again, sorry for the wait. I'm just as excited to get started (and probably moreso) as everybody else is, so trust and believe the thread will not be abandoned!

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ke'oke on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 am

I do not know if it is too late to enter but I am going to post this anyway seeing as that there is no Public link suggesting to me that this rp hasn't started yet. So here you go, if it sucks it sucks just don't say it does and not give an explanation onto why.

“Today is my birthday, I can cry if I want to” The young man walks around the abandoned zoo, walking past the many empty cages that once housed dangerous creatures. His clothes tattered and torn, cuts and bites adorn his skin glistening like crimson rubies. “I don’t want to cry, today I want my gift from this world.” The wind blows and howls on the dead branches of trees, a near by lamp post flitters trying to keep a constant light I sign of hope that is soon to fade.

A dark figure no bigger then a dog, darts across the flickering light pool the lamp was giving off. That was his target the light so that these abominations could see him. The man walks limping to the light, ignoring the crawling sensations under his skin as the parasites begin to work there ghastly purpose within its host.
“I want my death god damn it,” Reaching the pool of light he stands, signs of a transformation already apparent, his eyes turning blood red, some of the skin around the cuts and bites seem to become gangrenous as they fester and decay.

“I am here come and get me you bastards.” His eyes dart around as he sees figures crawling from the shadows. Beasts of all shapes and sizes, wolves, snake, lion every animal you could think of creep from the shadows. Horribly mutated to seem dead, decade, human, and animal. The male’s skin begins to peel off; his vision lost his heart seemed to slow even though he was in an obvious panic. The beast approach the human but do not attack. “Come and get me, I am here a gift for you eat me, I would rather be eaten alive then become like you all.” He pauses in his speech as he feels a crippling pain shoot up his spine, the parasites had made there way to the spinal cord. In realization the man gasps, “You won’t eat the ones that are already dead.”

Ke'oke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I like the concept; there is an air of dread for sure. Your detail was pretty good, but there were several grammar errors. To be specific, there were commas where there shouldn't be, some missing where they should be, and a missing period I believe. Don't worry - these are easy to fix and just as easy to read past. Today is the last day for signups, so you're just in time. I will now leave your fate to the other players - Eat him or Greet him. ( I'm assuming Ke'oke is male? )

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm

I like it :D

In my personal opinion, here is how you would score. I would give your literacy a 9 out of 10 because it was great, but you had a couple of verbs missing in your sentences, and as for creativity, well, I give that one a 9 out of 10 as well because I just do not like to say someone is "perfect" when it comes to creativity. Finally, for your Compatibility I give it a 10 out of 10 because you set the stage for a post-apocoliptic zombie world very well, if I do say so myself :D.

Master Zemba, if anyone else applies, I really do not care about them. I am gonna take a shot with this guy and give him my vote, since you asked us to put in our two cents worth.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!