Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Seeking experienced RPers for Horror RP (&Signups)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: Seeking experienced RPers for Horror RP (&Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Other than the grammar issues, which have already been brought up, I have no problems with this entry. Coming from me, that's high praise.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gautama
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ke'oke on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm

I didn't really proof read my post, but now that I have I would have changed a lot in it. My post I realize is light in gore, which is not like me in the least. Any way just give me a heads up when this has started.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ke'oke
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrinne on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Darn it all, my email's decided that I don't want to get notified about new posts anymore, so sorry if my two cents are a little late. I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon - Ke'oke's post was good, in spite of the aforementioned grammar problems. I'm in favor of letting him in.
“La mujer es como una buena taza de café: la primera vez que se toma, no deja dormir.”
Alejandro Dumas

Torrinne
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Game on. Players are decided, and Ke'oke has been voted in. Please post your character's name with one descriptive paragraph on THIS thread. I'm going to make the opening post seem like a sort of movie intro. For instance, under "Cast" I will put "LadyBynx as so-and-so, <description>." and then the introduction to the RP. I am already starting the thread, but will leave it incomplete until I have everyone's introduction. I will be posting the RP thread link shortly.

Here it is:
rest-for-the-wicked-horror-full-t25346.html

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pioneercadet on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:13 am

I hope this is good enough of you :D.

Alexander "Alex" Smith

Alexander Smith, a young music store worker, is the son of Robert and Carolyne Smith, co-owners of a small convenience store named Smith's in one of the suburbs south of the city. The 19-year-old Alex left his parent's small but comfortable existence for the excitement of the city, seeking the excitement. However, little did the independent brown-haired teen know that he would get his wish many times over. When the parasite came down to earth, hosts congregated in the city where there was a ready food supply. This, added with the fact that Leo enjoyed taking shortcuts across the dark alleys of the city, eventually forced him to come in contact with a horrifically mutated dog that was infected with the parasite. Now, freshly bitten, Alex struggles to keep his humanity although his body is dying and his body slowly begins to crave raw flesh.

pioneercadet
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ke'oke on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Geoffrey Jethro Sutherland

Geoff is your normal city dwelling redneck. His lawn is unkempt the house not quite a shambles, more of a shack. Geoff had a body build of a football player, had being the key word. Now he has a bit of belly fat, not unlike that of a bear.
“Heck if a parasites gonna take ova me, then let it. I’d like to see it try first.” Cocks his shotgun, “Yeehaw!” His accent is that of a
This man has enough firepower in his house to supply the entire us army, his favorite weapon is his fully automatic shotgun. “Yip when the us military introduced AA12 I said to Buck, Bucks my dog that I gotta get one of theers.”
His only companion is his Rottweiler Buck. The dog is well trained and loyal to Geoff, but don’t get too close you have been warned.

Ke'oke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrinne on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Kimaya Suchi Quinn

Kim is of Irish and Indian descent, but grew up in London. She lived with her Indian mother, and never knew her Irish father. Unfortunately, she seemed to have inherited the wanderlust that took her father away from her mother shortly after she was born. She and her violin have been traveling around the world since she passed her A-levels. Now almost twenty, she has spent the past few months in the States, and had the sheer bad luck to wind up in the city when the zombie problem first started. She has managed to avoid the zombies so far, but doesn't have any kind of plan for surviving.

Torrinne
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 pm

(Whoa, three musicians... anyone have a theory why? Mine is based loosely on a real person. I voted him most likely to miraculously survive.)

Luke Jameson was a member of a garage band. His main contributions were having long hair, conspiracy-theory level paranoia, alcoholism, and an idiot-savant understanding of the bass guitar. Of course, all of this left him completely unprepared for a real crisis. Since his favourite occupation was lying unconscious on a bathroom floor, he doesn't remember much of the beginning of the zombie invasion (he probably looked and smelled like a dead body). But he certainly told everyone that this was coming, and blames the government.

Gautama
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wirik on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Jasper has sandy blond hair and aqua blue eyes. He stands at about 6'1". Physically he is unassuming, almost willowy. He weighs about 160 pounds, the months since the invasion started have not been kind to him. His face looks hollow, the stress of the months showing it's toll upon his once envious face. Posture wise, Jasper tries to stand ram rod straight, unwilling to let himself slouch for fear that it would lead to laziness, and with laziness, death. His clothes are only what he has managed to salvaged, thus any type of style he may have had no longer exists. Month's worth of beard clutter his otherwise barren face, it is unkempt and unruly, but Jasper usually ignores it.

Jasper is also at the age of 32 and was a writer, now he might be found writing journal articles in hopes of making a book once the shit quits hitting the fan.

Wirik
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyBynx on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:46 am

Marilyn Lee Rosco

A normal Nineteen year-old who just happened to be on the clock at her local walmart when the freak zombie plague had appeared. In the store itself, it had just started to a young man that had been acting strange ever since he walked through the doors. It spread like fire through out the store; Marilyn hid for a time in the employee cafeteria until the screams had settled..she then left her "sanctuary".

LadyBynx
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MasterZemba on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:13 am

Alright, thanks for posting your intros. I apologise again for being late to respond, but I had a rather rough and busy day yesterday (well, the other day to be politically correct) and didn't have enough time to eat, let alone post the intro. I cut the descriptions short, but the rest can be worked into the story and at least now all of the characters are set in stone. I hope you guys enjoy the intro as well as the thread in general. Please wait for everyone on the list to post before posting again. Your first posts may be entered in any order, but the following posts must maintain the same structure (I count as a player as well, fyi!). Do not skip a player unless they are absent for more than 48 hours, and remember to try and post at least once a day. Once everyone has warmed up, we will know the best time for everyone and the thread will gradually function more smoothly. As with any thread on the site, use this OOC thread to discuss any storyline issues or for planning encounters and the like. I will leave most of it up to you guys, but if you decide to throw something crazy in the mix (use discretion!) please consult myself and your fellow RPers on this thread beforehand. That being said, please enjoy the game!

MasterZemba
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gautama on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:36 am

I made First Post. My biggest concern was timeline, but I guess it's now it's set: the game begins a month after the infection (it looks like that's when it would pick up, based on MasterZemba's intro). Anything earlier than that should either be in flashback form, or I have to modify that post.

Gautama
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!