Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Reborns OOC/Signups

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

The Reborns OOC/Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 pm

The planet was Earth, the year 3012, the month August, the day 29th.

Steward Russet was born. A healthy baby boy, with copper-green eyes. The doctors said he would be fine and he'd live a long life, much to the joy of his parents.

But he didn't get much of a chance, like so many others. He dies of the Plague at age 3.

The Plague. It started as "G90H1". It came into existance because Churches all around the planet were in upset, protesting the new hierarchy of the World after the Third World War.

The Commu-Syndicate, the new world government after the War, was intent on a world without religion, a world without such biases as having a God to worship. It referred to such things as weaknesses. Naturally there was upset, and riots and protests began happening overwhelmingly. The police and the Commu-Syndicate couldn't stop all of these riots so they'd decided to come half-way; Not to relinquish the beliefs but to prove that such a thing as "Heaven" did not exist, and that no God was there to take them to the immortal paradise. They would create their own heaven; they didn't need God.

They'd created Hell instead.

G90H1 opens all of the senses, which overloaded the minds of the people they tested it on. They realized that it was too potent on adults and was more easily adapted to a child's system due to their more open imaginations, so that was their next target. It opened the senses, especially the imagination, but dulled the heart rate, breathing, and many vital brain functions. They did thousands of tests on orphaned toddlers, but once the realization came that they were only killing children and finding out nothing, the gas was to be dumped and sent out to space.

But it leaked. All of it leaked. It quickly spread through the air, killing millions of babies and toddlers all over the world. It was an International tragedy, horrifying every parent and expecting parents. Thousands of babies were being born Stillborn, with the mothers crying over their loss and clawing at the bedsheets as the nurses took the lifeless bodies away. Earth, and mankind, would never be the same.

20 years later The Plague's still heavy in the air around key nuclear sites around North America, now known as The Colony. It's still killing toddlers and babies, but it's out of the news, out of the spotlight, out of the minds of most unaffected parents.

Then a discovery was made. The few adults who had grown up with the gas in the air and lived were seeing things. Humans, it seemed. They all looked so young, and seemed to be oblivious to being watched. Upon describing them to others, they quickly realized something: It must be the gas that caused their sight of these odd people. When scientists discovered and researched this, they came to a completely horrific and extremely exciting discovery: The people that were being seen were none other than the ones that died from the gas leak! Parents were overjoyed to learn that their deceased children were still walking in the world of the living, and demanded promptly a way to be in contact with their children, who had grown up in this world between Life and Death.

They eventually developed a safe amount, G90H2x, that awakened the average persons's senses to the new race of people.

The new race was dubbed The Reborns.

The Reborns and The Living got along very well for a time, until people began tiring of them. Their bodies never aged past 14, they had supernatural abilities such as flying and elemental control, and they were...well....dead. They died. And resentment set in as disgruntled siblings felt neglected, parents felt burdened, and they just didn't care anymore. Most reborns were exiled, with $250mil, to what used to be California. The now-island, newly renamed "Eterna", was to be where the Reborns would live out their immortal existance.

It was a pathetic, miserable existance. They tried to have a revolt, to only sadly discover that only the youngest of children, from newborn to 3 years of age, could see them. The G90H2x was recalled, due to being fatal to the Reborns. Most thought they lied, and quit selling it because the adults wanted to tune themselves out of The Reborn's realm, to leave the dead to death, as they say.

Most of them shambled back to the city, depressed and very much hopeless and rejected. A few lingered though, to stay and watch their families. The ones who had a shred of hope that the "recall" of the G90H2x wasn't because their existance wasn't being mutually denied by living society, of course.

And nobody but the Commu-Syndicate knew about the side effects of the first primitive experiments, who were planning yet another Riot. And of course, that was unacceptable, so there's only one choice left, if they cannot be taken care of peacefully, they'll have to be eradicated...

~~~~~

Long. I know. xD;

So, you can be either a Reborn or a Human.

Reborns (Reborns can control the element of the season that they were born in.) [Maximum of 15.]
Rebels: Self explanitory. The rebels of Eterna are the ones being recruited by The First. They live on the outskirts of town and are mutually despised by the City Dwellers.[Slots left-5]
City-Dwellers: The general population. They, for the most part, know nothing of the new Riot or The Deletion.[Slots left-5]
Rural: Either exiled from Eterna or not desiring to live in the City. Also being recruited, because of their detachment.[Slots left-0]

Humans (Humans that are fighting have black market weapons from when the police sent the Reborns to Eterna.)[Maximum of 15.]
Supporters: Those who did not vote to exile the Reborns. They help the ones already dwelling in the city, and inform them of the Deletion.[Slots left-4]
Opposers: They either hate The Reborns or supported the Exile/Deletion.[Slots left-4]
Army/Syndicate: In charge. They control pretty much everything there is in The Colony, and are the ones behind the Exile and The Deletion. You can either be an informant or a loyal.[Slots left-4]

Settings:
Either Eterna, A rural village, or Salvation City.

Rural Areas: Perhaps the happiest of all places, albeit the least refined. Hunting/farming/foraging skills are needed to survive.

Delphinor(Winter), Sajann(Summer), Gravus(Fall), Flora(Spring) Forrest Of Sinestra(Huge dark forest, infested with animals that were affected by the gas. Training ground.)

Eterna: Busting on the outside, and in the richest parts of town, very sucessful. Slums are horrid cesspools of crime.

Salvation City: A huge bustling metropolis of stone goliath towers. Crime is high, happiness is low, Police patrol the streets.

Rules!

No Godmodding.
At most 6 swear words per post.
Post at least once a week, more if possible. Make sure to post OOC if you're leaving for awhile, or I'll exclude you until I get a PM saying that you wish to join again. Then me and the active RPers will vote on it.
At least a good, 5 sentence paragraph. No one-liners or you WILL be ignored.
Nothing vulgar or obscene, or anything past PG-13. Take it to PM please.

3 Character Maximum~
Code: Select all
Name: Age: Element/Attacks(For Reborns): Weapon of choice/Attacks(For Humans): Dwelling place: Description/Picture(any kind you wish, but anime is preferred): History:

My Characters

Reborn
Name: Atlas Grey Age: 19 Element/Attacks(For Reborns): Autumn. Can summon strong windstorms and use fallen leaves as daggers/blades. Dwelling place: Gravus ouskirts Description/Picture:Image History: Exiled from Eterna at age 12 for being a thief and causing too much trouble. Wanders between Gravus and Delphinor, to see Demy. Often found in Forrest of Sinestra. Part of the Rebels.

Reborn
Name:Demytria Rivers Age:17 Element(For Reborns): Winter. Can summon rain, hail, and uses a sword made of ice. Dwelling place: Delphinor inner city Description/Picture: Image History: Abandoned in the slums of Eterna, she found her way to Delphinor through Grey. She loves it there, and visits him whenever possible. Part of the Rebels.

Human
Name:Raeven Hawthorn Age: 15 Weapon of choice(For Humans): Katana Dwelling place: Salvation City Description/Picture: Image History: She really loved the Reborns around, especially her brother. When she couldn't really see them anymore, she turned to the black market to be able to see them, and to warn them of The Deletion. Supporter.

Okay..I hope you like it. ^-^ Signup please!

[EDIT] Updated the limits on the characters; we need at least 2 more humans before I make the IC.
Last edited by KonaFeint on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

In my dreams I have you next to me.

Signup pwease! :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Reborns OOC/Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby urnotgood on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Name: Muharibbun Nar Age:16 Element/Attack(for reborns):Can Control Fire make stuff out of fire like bow arrow, sword Dwelling place: streets of sajann description: Image History: was born in luxurious family n left family at young age for aa different lifestyle at lived on streets since. Part of the rebels
UrNotGood~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

urnotgood
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Name:Ikki Raider
Element/Attacks(For Reborns): Winter, she can control water and create ice at her will
Dwelling place: Wanders between Gravus and Delphinor with Grey
Description/Picture(any kind you wish, but anime is preferred): Image
History: She lived in Eterna for about a year before she met grey, they became friends because she didn't have a home and was starving. When she found out he was exiled, she decided to follow him, since she had no other place to go. Now she's kind of his traveling partner. part of rebels

[I hope it was ok to use grey in her history...sorry I just like to include other characters...makes it fun...if you want me to change it I can though]
Last edited by XxanexiaxX on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:25 pm

David Fowles: Human

Stationed in Eterna to patrol and keep peace amongst the inhabitants.
Takes his leave in the more rural areas in a small cottage he has named home after the destruction of the Third War.
Sometimes sent to Salvation City in order to supress some waves of crime that appear.
Has been known to take a circuit around The Colony as a whole.

David was brought over to The Colony with many of his commrades during the war due to special relationships between two nations at that time.

Sami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Accepted~ And btw It's fine if you have Grey in your history. With about 2 more people, I'll make the IC.

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:36 pm

yay thank you ^^ oh btw you want me to play a human since it's only two?

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Sure, if you want. I'll put a cap on how many Reborns there can be though.

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Name: Pengu The Drunk
Element/Attacks(For Reborns):N/A
Weapon of choice/Attacks(For Humans): Shikomizue ("prepared cane") is a Japanese concealed sword disguised as a cane or walking stick, similar to the sword stick.
Dwelling place: Salvation City.
History:Pengu is usual drunk that is found in the bars, just sitting there at the bar gulping down mountains of beer. Pengu is usually always seen with his cane, the can is actually a sword. Most people enjoy having Pengu around, and others despise his very fiber of his body.
Other:Green hat...don't touch it...

PENGU
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Name: Raiko Raiden
Weapon of choice/Attacks(For Humans): Scythe
Dwelling place: Delphinor
History: She grew up with a Reborn sister...Ikki. She was always ignored for ikki cause her parents missed her so much. She hate the reborns and wants them dead.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Accepted, accepted.

EDIT: Re-read Pengu's post, I need an allegiance for your character.

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 pm

He will be neutral through out the rp unless proven he should join a specific side.

He will also be the guy to go to for specific items, and information.

PENGU
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Princess on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Name: Iris Maniare

Element/Attacks: Born in the season of spring, she has the ability to manipulate the element of Earth and thus make it into any form of weapons that could be at her disposal. It is also shown that she has a small control over the plants but, it remains unconfirmed.

Dwelling place: The City of Flora, A small cottage on top of a hill surrounded by different plant life.

Description/Picture:
Iris stands at the height of 5 feet and 6 inches and weighs 115 pounds of flesh and skin. She owns long and silky pink tresses that had always been tied in pigtails by a pair of rabbit clips and eyes of dark mauve that can almost be compared to a beautiful night sky which shows her unrelenting determination and kind heart. The young lady is also known to have a beautiful smooth complexion that had been marred by a floral-shaped birthmark upon her chest that can be found in between of her clavicle. She can be seen wearing simple dresses that barely hide her alluring form of a well-developed woman.

History: Iris had been living at the small cottage all by herself since she was 10. She had been abandoned by her parents that were happy knowing she had survived however, when she manifested her ability as a Reborn. She was accused of being a monster by her own kin and thus had been left for dead once again. Although, it did not turn in that way as she was determined to live a normal life even with the knowledge of her abilities. Ever since then, she had chosen to live an isolated life and would occasionally visit different countries when she needs of something. She was well-aware of the chaos that would happen but decided to not be involved in such an event. Nevertheless, she is accommodating to those who would want her help in the field of healing as she is more focused on that.
Last edited by Butterfly Princess on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Butterfly Princess
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Accepted, and alright Pengu.

Any Reborns after this point must live in Eterna.

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PENGU on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:36 am

I will post shortly, when I have the chance.

Or I can post when some one finds my character.

The bar he will be found in is Simplicity is Man.

PENGU
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonaFeint on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:56 am

Heh. Sami and I are currently planning on making a Map for this RP (I still haven't gotten up the rough draft yet ^_^;) So, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post....

KonaFeint
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!